KWD Electric Inc

Founded 2006 • With Angi since October 2010

38 lake oniad Dr

Wappingers Falls, NY 12590

Additional website - www.kwdelectric.com. Family owned. Additional services - Outdoor lighting repair, ceiling fans, lighting design, exhaust fans, electrical design, safety GFCI outlets, lamp replacement, pv solar install, hot tub wiring, energy saving lighting, saunas & steam bath’s, flat screen

03/19/2018

Anthony R.

It never started because after 6 messages he never returned my calls.

Description of Work
Outside lightning and additional 220 line inside

Category electrician, lighting

[Member Name Removed]- after checking all my notes, scheduler, and voice mails I do not see anyone that called 6 times . It is difficult to return calls at times and after a second message I’ll definitely get back to the customer. You must have me confused with someone else. It’s not fair for you to give me a F rating and we never even talked or met.

10/09/2017

Kojo A.

Went excellently. I learned that previous work completed by another electrician was not done properly and posed significant risk that KWD was able to rectify.

Description of Work
Fix some electrical problems.

08/30/2017

amy P.

Excellent! Professional and friendly, responded quickly. I needed same day repair because I was leaving town and the job was completed within a few hours of calling for service. I will definitely call again for other projects.

Description of Work
Outdoor GFCI outlet & plug on pool pump replaced

05/11/2017

Wendy P.

It went great. Ken does great work. Would highly recommend him. Very knowledgeable and professional.

Description of Work
Install electric in an addition

04/20/2017

Eli C.

Excellent, Ken is a stand up electrician. He walked us through everything and gave his opinion on the job and the best way to handle it all. His work is clean and professional. Ken was easy to work with and he was extremely personable with out little 3yo handyman. We would hire and recommend Ken to anyone who wants an honest and well done electrical job.

Description of Work
Needed a complete new fuse box. Along with outlets in 2 bathrooms that did not have any. New outlets in Kitchen along with 4 new ceiling fans and 4 new light fixtures. Also came out when our new dryer was blowing out it's fuse.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

04/18/2017

catherine R.

He was professional and did a good job. Very knowledgeable. We now have a quiet and well working fan in our bathroom. Plan to have Kenny come in to do more work.

Description of Work
Kenny replaced an existing exhaust fan in our upstairs bathroom with a new and quieter one.

04/10/2017

Mary D.

Everything went great - prompt, professional, courteous service and reasonable prices.

Description of Work
Rewiring of outlets and replacement of switches

03/11/2017

Shailesh G.

The person who came was polite, professional, and a nice person. There was nothing negative about him. I thought the price of the quote was on the higher side.

Description of Work
Quote for installing new lighting in an existing room

11/05/2016

S L.

Pleasure to work with on recessed lighting install. Ken was responsive to questions and time changes via email/phone. We removed the old lighting, did some of the recessed lighting layout, and obtained the materials (he reviewed to make sure it was OK). His installation and electrical work was handled professionally and on schedule. Any adjustments were reviewed with me as a courtesy. We thought the price was fair for the work done. Nice job.

Description of Work
Recessed Lighting

Category electrician, lighting

Thank you and hope you enjoy the new kitchen lighting. Hope all is well.

09/19/2016

Anne S.

How did it go? It did not go. I hate like **** to say this, but it's their own fault. It's exactly like the old cliche about contractors. They don't show up. Not all of course, just enough to give these guys a bad rap. What a complete waste of time, and wife and I had to change plans to meet with him.

Description of Work
Seven, maybe a couple more various jobs.

Category electrician, lighting, generator service

Hi [Member Name Removed], I looked through my Angies list emails , business emails , phone txt, phone VM, my scheduling book, and any loose paper work for your info and could not find any thing regarding this missed appointment .. I do of course apologize if this was the case, but to defend myself I work very hard to keep a good standing with customers both on and off Angie's list .. I change my schedule 2-[Member Information Removed] times a day for customers and taking care of my family needs.. It's not easy by any means , but 100% of the people that I work for and know me would say I'm a very honest contractor.. I'm thinking you may have gotten me mixed up with someone else.. Please feel free to call me to discuss.. I'm very curios to figure this situation out.. Angie's list costs us contractors a couple thousand a year to work with them .. I really do my best to meet every customers needs or else it does not make sense to work with Angie's list .. Please understand

09/12/2016

Jeanne E.

We had a great experience with Ken, Owner of KWD. He was a pleasure to work with, very professional and knowledgable in this field. His quotes were reasonable compared to others and we had no issues generally with the additional crews brought in or finishing within our timeline.

Description of Work
Upgrade electrical service and install new outlets for kitchen remodeling and in two bathrooms, plus outside patio area. Also wired up for new lighting fixtures.

Category electrician, lighting, home remodeling

Happy to hear you were pleased with our service. thank you for the nice review.

08/08/2016

sandra L.

We are so pleased with the work that KWD Electric did for us. We will always use them after this experience. Ken was so nice, prompt and he squeezed us in on a busy Saturday. He knew exactly how to fix our problem and had the job finished quickly and reasonably. We have light again!

Description of Work
Electrical/Circuit Breaker

07/01/2016

paul P.

Ken did a fantastic job for us. He arrived when he said he would. He was very professional, polite, neat and respectful of our home while doing the work. His price was fair, which is all you can ask for. As an architect, I'm very happy to recommend Ken and will continue to do so for all my clients! Thanks Ken!

Description of Work
Electrical repairs and installation of new devices.

Category electrician

Thanks [Member Name Removed]- as always you and your family are a pleasure to work with..Hope all is well

06/16/2016

Vanessa K.

Went really well. Ken and his helper worked efficiently but didn't appear to be rushing. Ken even reviewed a few items with me and adjusted the work a bit based on what he found. He was on time and friendly and I already discussed additional items with them for Phase II.

Description of Work
General electrical work from a punch list that's been growing for the last 6 years since I've been in the home.

06/14/2016

Julia E.

Would recommend to anybody looking for a professional, punctual and affordable electrician service. We purchased a foreclosure and with that came the inevitable unforeseen and unknown/ hidden problems ... We needed a reliable and professional electrician to sort out all our problems together with our budget and timeframe. From the get go at the initial quotation stage Ken was very helpful and forthcoming with his time and expertise. We have been working with Ken and Jimmy and the house is looking amazing and everything works wonderfully 😀..As every home owner knows, the projects never stop (!) and as we are continually adding things to the house we will continue to use KWD.

Description of Work
So far, we have had:A new panel - bought up to codeNo electric at the front of the house sorted (!)New electrical outlets throughout & additional outlets installed New and additional light fixtures - both inside and outside of the house (including recessed lighting)New dryer socket installed Full kitchen re-wire

Category electrician, lighting, home remodeling

06/11/2016

REID J.

Ken went to work quickly, replacing the meter box and stub cable, making the small modifications in the panel. He re- fastened the loose wires,including the telephone and CATV wires and drop lines, making for a neat arrangement on the siding, and saving me from having to contact the phone company to have them come and make repairs. While he was completing his work he contacted the power company to come and restore power to the house thereby minimizing my outage. He also made arrangements for the inspection required when such cables are replaced. Ken was very professional, advising me of the work that was required, and what was suggested, making sure that I understood what follow-up was necessary with the inspection. It was a pleasure dealing with KWD, who made every effort to minimize my service outage.

Description of Work
After a fallen tree brought down the power and CATV lines to the house, and ripped the meter off the siding, I called Ken late in the afternoon and he made arrangements to begin his work at 730 the next morning. He needed to replace the house stub cable to the panel in the basement, and the meter box on the side of the house. After examining the panel in the basement, he made suggestions on some modifications that would improve the safety and performance of the panel, while noting that any substantial rework would be unnecessary.

01/07/2016

Betty F.

Electrical work was done well in advance of the roofing job. Electrician returned at the end of the ice melting cable installation job to make an alteration to the outlets which was a decision made during the roofing and installation job. Electrician was very neat and accomodating.

Description of Work
Did the electrical work required to put ice melting cables on my roof; and replaced an outlet in my kitchen.

Category electrician, cable tv service

07/29/2014

Doug M.

Work is still ongoing. I have no complaints. It has been it has been a pleasure doing business with KWD.

Description of Work
Installed multiple service connects for my car lifts. Installed outside underground meter connections and provided consultation regarding code requirements for my residential structure.

Category electrician

Hi [Member Name], thanks so much for the great review! You have been a great customer and so understanding when I had a work injury and had to reschedule our appointment. You constructed a great detached building and you should have a lifetime of enjoyment there.I know we still have future electrical work to complete and looking forward to working with you.

06/26/2014

Steven I.

He came right on time, and did all the work within six hours. The only access hole he needed to cut out was a small opening behind a wood molding. Very Professional.

Description of Work
Wired and installed 2 ceiling fans. Installed 2 outlets in kitchen.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

Hi [removed member name], thanks for the great review! Hope you enjoy the ceiling fans and more important hope you enjoy your new home! Please call if you have any questions or concerns.. take care kenny

06/17/2014

alanna P.

Ken does a great job. He gives you estimates quickly. He is prompt and efficient. He cleans up after the job. I would recommend him highly and will definitely use his services again.

Description of Work
Upgrade electrical panel box

Category electrician

Hi [Member Name], thanks for the great review!! [Member Name], not sure i mentioned this to you but your a great guy to talk to . We had many things in common in our conversations and your very easy going..real pleasure.. glad you were happy with the work done by KWD Electrical, and please call anytime if you need anything else.. Be well ..Kenny

05/01/2014

Dalia S.

He claimed to have upgraded my electric from 100AMP to 200AMP and rewire my house. When he 'upgraded' my electric all he did was give me a new panel downstairs without actually changing over power source outside. (Sorry for my lack of jargon) This company was hired as a subcontractor by another fraudulent company. When the company that hired him left the job, I had another electrician finish the job and noticed his deceptive behavior. It costs my another $2400 to properly upgrade and much more to undue his mess. I would strongly reccomend not ever use this individual as he is dishonest and take advantage of you. He is employed and works together with other companies that are designed to exploit unknowledgeable home owners. Please be advised!!

Description of Work
FRAUD ALERT!!! BE AWARE He claimed to have upgraded my electric from 100AMP to 200AMP and rewire my house. When he 'upgraded' my electric all he did was give me a new panel downstairs without actually changing over power source outside. (Sorry for my lack of jargon) This company was hired as a subcontractor by another fraudulent company.

Category electrician

Dear (Member name removed), I'm truly sorry for your experience with your remodeling project that started July of 2013. The remodeling company you hired was new to me too I only did a small project or two with them before working on your house. "I stopped working for that contractor right after your house." When I first agreed to work on the project I was to only do the service upgrade and a simple kitchen remodel wiring but everyday things changed and work was added. I only communicated with you a few times "never a problem" and never knew of problems you where having with the contractor. The day I was told to leave the job due to none payment from the homeowner was a surprise to me. I've never been put in that situation and was very upset at the contractor. I tried to call you and sent a few emails that week and never got a call back "I wanted to finish what I started". Like I said I stopped working with that contractor that day but had all the intentions of finishing my end of our work. I had electrical permits pulled and had a rough inspection on the first part of the kitchen wiring, the morning we were told everyone is pulling off the job I had planned finish the 200 amp service upgrade that day. Never ever would I try and be dishonest with a customer and the way I do business. At the point of the project I was only paid for part of the work and my company lost a lot of money because of the problems you and the contractor had..It was very unfair for KWD electrical to be put in the middle of a situation that I had no knowledge or control of. It was very unfortunate and my eyes are much more wide open to future projects with contractors. (Member name removed) please feel free to call me anytime, I would really like to discuss this.

03/24/2014

Linda G.

Great. All the work was done in a professional manner, cleaned up after every visit. Was prompt and efficient.

Description of Work
Installed a ceiling fan in the living room, generator connection, installed chandelier in hallway, and installed two television mounts

Category electrician, lighting, home theater design, ceiling fans, generator service

01/28/2014

Angelo F.

Ken was great from start to finish. When I emailed him for an estimate he came right over within days. He emailed me an estimate very quickly also. When I called him to confirm we were going forward he set up a date. Ken arrived this morning at exactly the time he told me. His work was great. He did not leave any mess at all and was very professional. He did not waste any time and got the job done in a very quick and efficient manner. I will definitely be using Ken from KWD electric for any future electrical projects we may have. Before he left we already went over ideas for other areas of the house. I could not have asked for a better experience. Thank you Ken!

Description of Work
Ken removed an old fixture and installed 6 recessed lights with a dimmer in my family room. He also removed 2 old fixtures in my kitchen and installed 5 recessed lights on 2 dimmers.

11/19/2013

Darren C.

Our experience was excellent. Kenny walked us through our options and gave us a quote quickly. The price was very fair. He came on time for the work, performed it faster than expected, and the results are outstanding. His professionalism is top notch. We will definitely work with Kenny in the future and definitely recommend him.

Description of Work
Installed baseboard heating in basement.

09/22/2013

Linda G.

I am very impressed with Kenny. He was very prompt, and he immediately understood what I wanted done. His work was exemplary ... he proceeded through the jobs quickly, always picking up after himself. He has a wonderful work ethic. He took great care with what he did. For example I saw that he used a level to make sure each outlet or switch was correctly aligned and that the cover fit was straight. I was also pleased with the way he answered any questions I had, and made suggestions where appropriate. I would recommend Kenny in a heart-beat to anyone needing electrical services. If anyone wants to get in touch with me about his services, they are free to email me at deerhvn@optonline.net . Good job Kenny!

Description of Work
Replaced 9 outlets and 11 switches, upgrading to Décor-type. Corrected potential problem in 1 outlet and 1 switch. Repaired non-working outdoor pole light. Did troubleshooting on non-working electric baseboard heater. Is preparing an estimate on replacing the baseboard unit, and also possibility of replacing other similar baseboard heater in same room.

PR Electric & HVAC

Marshall Alarm Systems Inc

We are a second generation, family owned and operated Security and Fire Alarm Company, Our company installs, services and repairs all fire and security alarm systems. We represent the following manufacturers: Honeywell, Ademco, Edwards Mirtone, Napco, Firelite, Silent Knight, System sensor, Northern computers and Keri access control.

Paramount Property Solutions of NY LLC

Here at Paramount Property Solutions of NY we strive for excellence, efficiency, and affordability. Services we provide are all phases of construction. General contracting. Including : excavation Demolition Interior and exterior remodeling Entire home renovations New construction Home repairs and maintenance Much more! No job is too big or too small!

Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Check, PayPal, Financing Available

Central hudson approved, recessed lighting, electrical troubleshooting, track lighting, electrical panel upgrades, fluorescent lighting, circuit breaker replacement, low voltage halogen lighting, new circuits, landscape lighting, electrical wiring repair, specialty lighting, new electrical outlets, security lighting, code violations, motion sensors, sump pump outlets, time clocks, 240 volt circuits, photo cells, appliance circuits, transformers, smoke detectors & fluorescent ballast’s switches.