Associated Abbey Carpet

Founded 1972 • With Angi since October 2008

1615 Rte 9

Wappingers Falls, NY 12590

Experienced, professional sales, and installation of all kinds of floor coverings.

05/30/2015

Edward A.

Had a bit of difficulty with timing of appointments. The installation went well except for a slight defect in workmanship around the edges of the flooring. When I mentioned it the company sent a crew to correct the work. Regarding price, I was quoted at the store an installed price per square foot . I assumed that would be the total cost. On the day the work was begun I was handed a sales contract that added the cost of moving appliances and something else. When I questioned this and expressed my surprise, the sales person said he would take another look at the price. He later called and reduced the price to an amount closer to what I had originally expected.

Description of Work
Installed vinyl kitchen floor

05/21/2015

wydna O.

it was fast and easy. They were very professional and courteous and helpful

Description of Work
Carpet my sons bedroom

05/12/2015

Andrew F.

arrived on time, provided the services agreed upon, was clean made sure that we were statisfied and used the excess carpeting for a small scatter rug.

Description of Work
provided stairway carpeting.

12/18/2014

Jeffrey G.

Very well. They found mold on our flooring, and stopped the project while we could replace our dish washer-the cause of the mold. They were very professional from start to finish.

Description of Work
Replaced our kitchen linoleum.

11/03/2014

sharon T.

Very professional. The cost, measuring, removal of old carpets and installation of the new carpets was very professional. We would definitely use Associated Abby Carpets again. We love our new carpets.

Description of Work
Measure 2 rooms, stairs and hall remove old carpeting and disposal 2 rooms, stairs and hall received new carpets and foam

09/25/2014

Julie F.

Very well overall. Great professional job by carpet layer. The attention to detail is excellent.

Description of Work
install carpets in entire upstairs

07/23/2014

Richard P.

I had used them once before, years ago, to help stretch that carpet as it was developing ripples. They were friendly and responsive, and their price was in line with other professional (non-big-box) outfits I checked. This would have been a full "excellent" review but for the fact that, somehow, the amount of carpet needed was mis-measured. When the installers arrived the first time, they discovered this and I was majorly frustrated at having to wait another week and a half for a new shipment of carpet. Finally everything got installed, and I am - in the end - very happy with the result. (They offered a discount to the final price, by the way, to make up for the fubar.)

Description of Work
I called AAC to replace wall-to-wall carpet that had come to the end of its life.

05/12/2014

John F.

So far, everything has been okay. When we used them in the past, everything was fine. We checked in prior with couple of other people and their prices were in reason and they are local which is why we used them before and that is why we went back to them. They seem matter-of-factly, they don't give you a song and dance, it is what it is and they do what they can do.

Description of Work
We bought some carpets from them but it hasn't been installed yet. They have installed carpets for us in the past.

05/01/2014

Timothy D.

I thought they professional. I was really happy working with the salesman. I was really happy with the carpet. The installation went well. The salesman gave us three options. Within the day he came out to measure. He did the costing about the carpet. He was great. We like him so much. We had him come back out and put carpet. We were really happy. They didn't quite as good job as the guy did in the neighborhood. The main guy did the tile floor. That person who came to measure and sold the carpet, who has 45 years experience in tile flooring should have done better. So what happen was, he gave the installer a call that this is not the right application. They're were back and forth. I had to purchased a floor compound which was pricey. In the end I was a little frustrated. It could have a simpler, cheaper with my original choice of tile. I really like TJ. He's honest. He has integrity. He saving me money. He tried to do his best to fit within my guidelines. They are professional when they were here.

Description of Work
I used the services of Associated Abbey Carpet. They installed a carpet for me maybe late September of early October of 2013. Associated Abbey Carpet. The main guy who did the measurement did the tile floor. They deliver the tiles. They have to acrylic for a few days in that temperature setting.

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, hardwood floor

04/21/2014

Ryan M.

The install went well. The men that installed it were in and out very quickly and cleanly. The only issue I had is that their binding machine broke so the runner up the stairs took longer than expected and I had to call twice to get any status updates.

Description of Work
We had old carpet replaced in a bedroom, hall, and on stairs.

03/27/2014

Michael O.

|The installers were prompt and professional and did a very nice job. No complaints.

Description of Work
Recarpeted a basement room, about 400sq.ft. We started in the showroom and Deborah was very helpful showing us all the different carpets and let us browse as long as we needed. She cut samples for us and even stopped by later that evening to verify the measurements. |

Category carpet installation, basement remodeling

09/02/2013

Matthew P.

Starting with the showroom: We walked into the showroom looking to price carpet and was meet by an associate that set us down and got an idea of what we were looking for. Within 10 mins, we had the style and color of carpet picked out along with the carpet pad and was setting up an appointment to get the rooms measured, everything went great. We gave him an estimate of the total room sizes and were able to get an estimate of the price on the spot, though the actual price isn't determined until they come out to get the true measurement of the area. We choose to go with a higher quality toddler friendly carpet and carpet pad so the price was on the high end of mid range Measurement: The same person that we worked with in the showroom came out to get the measurements of the room, which was relatively quick and painless. His measurement was about 100 sq.ft. larger then what we quoted him in the showroom so the actual price was a bit higher, but that was expected. We had to pay half the bill right there and the other half when the job was completed. From there, they had to order the carpet and get it in before we could set up an appointment to get it installed, which was a little irritating considering we wanted to get the carpet done before we moved in to our new house. It took about a week for them to get the carpet in before we could set up an appointment for installation and another week after for the earliest available appointment, which happened to land on the same exact day that we wanted to schedule the installation on in the first place. Installation: The installers that came out were very professional and did a fantastic job. It took them about 3 hrs or so to tear up the old carpet and install new. Everything looks fantastic and was cleaned up very well. However, the installers were not told that they had to pull up the old carpet for this job and had to improvise. They had another job scheduled after this one and had no room in the van to hull away the old carpet. Since it was raining outside at the time, they had to store the old carpet in the garage and come back in the evening to pick it up, which they did. There was about a 30 sq.ft. or so section of carpet left that wasn't used but I already paid for and had to keep, which kinda sucked since that extra piece costs over a $100 and I had nothing to use it for. Conclusion: Overall I am very satisfied with the carpet and the service. Even though things didn't go flawlessly, everything was handled very well and looks wonderful. We even found uses for the extra carpet so everything worked out great.

Description of Work
Remove and hull away existing carpet in 3 bedrooms and hallway, install new carpet and pad in those rooms including a carpet runner on stairs. Approx. 600 sq.ft.

05/03/2013

Jeannine M.

They wanted $500 minimum to come to my house. That is terribly unfair. The work would only take a couple of hours. They gave me someone else to call.

Description of Work
I called for estimate.

12/17/2012

Peter W.

The company had a great choice of products. The work went totally according to the contract. Very professional work. bu knowledgable people.

Description of Work
Assisted us in choosing the new carpet from a wide selection and replaced the carpet and matt on second floor and steps..

10/03/2012

Kevin D.

Joe and his crew were polite, professional and paid attention to every detail from start to finish. They completed the job in the time frame that was promised and the end result was excellent. If you are in the market for new flooring, these are the guys to call!

Description of Work
Installation of new floor tile. Previous floor was in such poor repair that new sub flooring also was required.

03/07/2012

Rocco L.

After a good experience last time with Abbey carpet I called them again to have a new carpet installed in our master bed room and sitting area. approx 850sq ft. This is a big room and since it is our bedroom we wanted a good carpet that was also comfortable. We chose mohawk Smartstrand b/c of it's softness and wear characteristics. We weren't sure of the color so abbey carpet went out of there way to help us find a color that we liked. They had mohawk send us swatches of carpet that we could put in the room and when we wanted to try even more different colors they had them send us more. The manager of Abbey carpet never got annoyed about the time it took us to find the right color and he never pressured us to hurry up and make up our mind. He provided his own opinions on the carpet color and really went all out to give us honest opinions from other staff. This whole experience up to this point was relaxed and helpful without any pressure. My wife and I felt very good about the way we were being handled and by the conduct of abbey carpet staff. When we picked the color and were ready to order the carpet the whole process could not have been easier. We ordered the carpet with 12 mos interest free financing that Abbey carpet offered and within 8 days the carpet was in. Upon setting up an install date we requested the same installer that we had last time and the Rep at the store was very helpful in making sure we had the same person. On install day the installer showed up on time and with enough men to move all of our furniture. All of the furniture was moved with out incident and without dents or scratches. The men were very careful with our belongings and very courteous and kind. The carpet install went perfect!!! They installed the carpet as per mohawks guidelines and never attempted to take any shortcuts. They left the rooms clean and neat and put all the furniture back were we wanted it. We have used other carpet stores in the area before and they were not pleasant experiences in regards to sales and install. We can honestly say that this has been the best carpet buying experience we have ever had. We felt like a valued customer and the team at abbey really showed that they care about their customers. Every step of the process went smooth and in no time we had our new carpet. We still have two more rooms to do and will be calling abbey carpet once again!! We highly recommend Abbey carpet in wappingers and since we are very picky customers this recommendation means a lot. Thank you to the whole staff and Joe the manager for all your help. P.S. I highly recommend paying extra and having the mohawk Smart cushion installed under your new carpet, our bed room feels like we are walking on clouds, soft and cushy!!! couldn't be happier!!

Description of Work
install smartstrand carpet in master bedroom and sitting room along with padding.

12/14/2011

Michael S.

See above

Description of Work
New floor coverings throughout the house. They recommended a firm who came in and removed old carpeting and sanded and varnished the living room, dining room and hallway. (also an excellent firm). They helped us select appropriate products and then came to the house where they installed them competently. Both carpets and vinyl floor coverings were installed. In one area it was clear that the cement base was crumbling. They were prepared to restore the concrete surface with a resin so that the new padding and carpet had a smooth and firm base. All in all, they are an excellent outfit and I recommend them highly.

09/23/2011

Craig W.

Sales people were helpful.

Description of Work
They supplied a hard-to-find color in vinyl tile. They were persistent in trying to help even though it was a small floor and a tiny order.

09/21/2011

Rocco L.

I called the store to negotiate a deal after being treated badly by another carpet store, the saleswoman that answered the phone was very friendly and attentive to my needs. She made an appointment to come out to the house and measure and she was very friendly and personable. We purchased the carpet and scheduled installation. The installer was very professional and did a great job...I am currently working with them to do 2 more rooms and I have requested the same installer. The saleswoman I dealt with is no longer there , but the new person I spoke with was very polite and professional as well.I would recommend this store because they know how to treat a customer and they live up to there obligations.

Description of Work
They installed imported wool carpet on the stairs and installed smartstrand in a bedroom.

03/31/2011

Carena P.

I needed my basement floor replaced quickly. I was shown a variety of choices in the showroom, from economy to high end. They worked to understand and meet my needs and stay within my budget. The installation was scheduled within less than a week and the job was completed in less than a day. The workmanship was very good and everything was left spotlessly clean.

Description of Work
Removal of old linoleum floor in basement, installation of new floor. It involved a lot of precision cutting.

11/17/2010

John A. F.

We went into the store on 11/13/10, purchased one rug to be bound & 2 small rooms to be installed wall to wall.; Gary, the sales person, was extremely helpful & not pushy. Took care of us when we made our final decision, Gave his opinion on the carpeting (which was very good); made sure that the carpet being bound was completed before the installers came to install the wall to wall so we didn't have to pay an additional delivery fee. The installers called at the approximate time we were expecting, asked for directions, and showed up promptly after that. They installed the 2 small (difficult) rooms of wall to wall, with no complaints. Overall, we were completely satisfied from start to finish.

Description of Work
Room carpet purchased & bound (when needed) and 2 small rooms of carpeting were installed;

11/30/2009

Denny D.

We got a price from the salesman for the work and he quoted a price that he could reduce by $300 because of the size. When it came time to purchase the flooring, we had to really "haggle" to get the same reduced price for the same thing. We have a High Efficiency washer/dryer combination. The salesman was grousing about having to move it and kept asking about the baseboard molding. Because it was part of a remodel the baseboard was off and I borrowed a big hand truck from the kitchen installer to remove the washer and dryer. Not sure if there would have been a difference in the price it they had to do those tasks. There is a definite time line when remodeling a kitchen. These folks were sensitive to that and I had no problem scheduling them for a specific day (although this could also be a reflection of these economic times). The installers were professional and did a good job. My only complaint was where they put down the new threshold. The cut it a bit too long and the baseboard trim did not fit. I had to take up all three pieces (carefully enough so as not to bend or deform it) cut it back so I could reinstall the trim. I am capable of doing this, not sure what would have happened if this was in a home where people were not skilled in this area

Description of Work
As part of a kitchen remodel, we had a new Stainmaster vinyl floor installed to cover a 12' x 30' area. This covered the kitchen, a hallway and a laundry room.

10/03/2008

Sandeep K.

The people who they sent to install were not very professional. Their workmanship was not very good, because it has been only a month and their are nails coming up through the carpet. I think that they overcharged me for the quality of carpet that they sold me. I did not feel they were very professional.

Description of Work
They came to our place and installed carpet on our stairs and one entire floor of the house.

09/17/2005

KELLY T.

THE CREW DID A NICE JOB WITH THE INSTALLATION. THEY DID MAKE A MISTAKE AND BURNT A HOLE WHEN FIXING A SEAM, BUT THEY IMMEDIATELY TORE UP THAT PIECE OF CARPETING AND REPLACED IT.

Description of Work
I HAD CARPETING INSTALLED IN TWO ROOMS AND THROUGH THE STAIRWELL. THE OLD CARPETING WAS TORN UP.