Wilson Bros Heating Cooling Plumbing

Founded 1999 • With Angi since July 2006

PO BOX 373

Voorheesville, NY 12186

At Wilson Bros Heating, Cooling and Plumbing you will always get more than you pay for and our honest upfront pricing program always gives you affordable options. We believe delivering friendly, honest, quality service is the smartest strategy for growing our business. We won’t waste your time

01/12/2021

Pavel Z.

They only service the existing customers at this time; no new customers.

Description of Work
fix broken shower arm

Category plumbing

Thank you for contacting our company! Wilson Bros. Heating & Cooling, Inc. IS CURRENTLY SERVICING BOTH existing and new customers for URGENT HEATING SERVICE CALLS and NO HOT WATER CALLS. Unfortunately we are not able to get to new customers with plumbing issues at this time. Due to the Pandemic, we have temporarily stopped taking new PLUMBING service call customers ONLY. Please give us a call, we are hoping to be able to accept new plumbing customers in the near future.

06/28/2020

Ottmar K.

I called, left a message (since it was after hours). I got a call back within half an hour. They dispatched someone who showed up within an hour and fixed the A/C (capacitor was blown). We were happy to have it work again as the weekend was supposed to be a record temperature wise. I have been a customer for several years, had furnace and hot water heater installed by them and get regular service for furnace and A/C. Always great service. I highly recommend the company.

Description of Work
A/C failed on Friday evening during hot weekend

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

12/16/2019

Deborah D.

They were awesome from start to finish . Tom and Ned were amazing, and we had no heat. The office personal was amazing, we had no heat, they were amazing fast,clean and super nice and super efficient. Will be using them again for a/c in the spring . A++++++++

Description of Work
Yes they went above and beyond

05/11/2019

Dyan H.

Estimate was given about two weeks ago and return visit was scheduled. Option was given to me to replace all parts in tank or replace toilet. The time was scheduled for today and when the time needed to be changed I was contacted. They showed up promptly at time I was given . The jobs were both done in a timely manor. Both guys were polite and professional. I was very pleasantly surprised that they took both the old toilet and the box with them. I was prepared to spend more money to my waste pickup company to dispose of it. I will use them again and recommend their services highly

Description of Work
Toilet was replaced due to leak in tank. Gas line pipe leaking and was replaced

Category plumbing, gas leak repair

04/03/2019

Daniel H.

They are a very good company. I would highly recommend them and I would use them again.

Description of Work
They come out to do maintenance on my HVAC system. They also installed a shower system. I have used them for years.

07/27/2018

Gary R.

I have once again been extremely impressed by Wilson Bros! This time, Chris came to replace a leaking waste water pipe from the bathroom to the basement, as well as redo a system of leaking and overly complicated water pipes and valves in the basement utility closet. As always, Chris did an amazing job. The work is neat, professional, and just right. You can tell he takes great pride in his work. Even better, Chris shows the utmost courtesy, and takes the time to explain the work in detail and listen to my concerns. Chris even took the time to set up tarps under his work areas and thoroughly clean up when the work was finished, leaving behind no debris whatsoever. Thank you, Wilson Bros! You are without a doubt the best contractor I have found in the Albany area!

Description of Work
Replaced water pipes and valves

07/06/2018

Luke R.

Wilson Brothers were professional over the phone, found a time same-day to fit us in for a service call, diagnosed and explained the problem and fixed it effectively. It turned out we weren't getting proper air flow and blew a motor on our furnace that distributes air (Our fault for a variety of reasons). They are exceedingly professional and knowledgeable. The service person explained how to maintain optimal air flow, change filter, etc. We intend to use them again for service or if we have issues. Couldn't be any happier. A+

Description of Work
My AC wasn't working for unknown reason

04/17/2018

Mike & Donna H.

In 2006, Tom the owner, came to give us an estimate on a new boiler and without us having to ask he showed us his license and proof of insurance, etc. That instilled us with confidence that he was honest and we weren't wrong. He installed a great boiler. He and his help are efficient and skilled at their job and also are just great guys! In 2013, I was selling my mother's house after she had died & I asked Tom to look at the old asbestos covered boiler. He gave me very good advice on the matter and his kindness and help were much appreciated at a very stressful time. In 2015, we had a new hot water tank installed. Again, a fantastic job. They do the the yearly check-up on our boiler. We just had them here in April (2018) for the boiler check-up and to give us an estimate on running a line from our boiler to a 4 season room. Thanks to Tom knowing his business, he installed the boiler allowing for future expansion. So, our boiler has room for the line to the sunroom should we decide to go that route. We also need air conditioning for the sunroom, (& for our dining room since we're no longer able to use our window unit in the dining room window). We were advised that another option would be a ductless mini-split system that could heat and cool the sunroom as well as provide cooling for the dining room and an upstairs bedroom in place of the window units we were using. I plan on doing business with this company for many years to come and highly recommend them. Our current cost for the cleaning and replacement of some parts was $165 including tax.

Description of Work
2006-new boiler, 2015-new hot water tank, & more

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

04/13/2018

William R.

I called around to other places and no one could come out that day without charging an emergency fee. I spoke to Wilson Brothers at 12:30 and the new hot water heater was installed by 4:30. They also credited me the service fee towards the hot water heater. Service was excellent as the service guy actually fixed a few other issues that were present, like the shutoff valve was corroded at no extra charge. Their price was reasonable as it was the same as other quote I had received. Overall, a great experience, I would highly recommend them and definitely would hire them again.

Description of Work
Replace hot water heater

Category water heater repair

02/20/2018

Michele B.

Their company policy says the home owner must be there in person for the first time. Since I live in MA and the house is in NY, that's impossible. They would not budge, so they leave the people that live there with no heat due to their "policy". Be forewarned when dealing with them.

Description of Work
No heat furnace repair

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

NO WORK WAS PROVIDED FOR THIS CUSTOMER. Our company policy is for the owner of a property OR property manager to be present for the FIRST service call visit to authorize any necessary repairs. We do not allow tenants to authorize repairs. This out of state property owner stated that he would like a same day service call and "he knows what the problem is" and it is "a repair that he has had fixed several times". Unfortunately the owner does not have anyone local to take care of property. We are very sorry we did not meet this customers expectation.

02/05/2018

Cathy A.

Technician was very courteous and professional. He arrived on time and cleaning/inspection was thorough.

Description of Work
Furnace cleaning and inspection

12/09/2017

Lori P.

Chris and his helper were very efficient and cleaned up when they were done. Chris also spotted a pvc discharge pipe on the furnace that had not been properly installed. He cemented the pipe and prevented any future issues with water leakage. We would definitely hire them again!

Description of Work
Installation of a new gas water heater and furnace cleaning and maintenance.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

11/14/2017

Sue H.

I can’t say enough great things about this company!! Quickly diagnosed and fixed my problem!!! This is my new heating and cooling company from this day forward. Tom Wilson, the owner, came to the service call himself and ensured that I was happy and had heat. Ryan also worked on the furnace and was excellent. I also know of an occasion Mr. Wilson made a house call on a Sunday for one of my neighbors with no heat. She was also a pleased customer.

Description of Work
I’ve had a problem with my furnace for the last 8 months, that occasionally left me without heat for many,many hours at a time. I’ve had several previous companies look at the furnace and tell me there was no issue. It’s been a very frustrating experience!

11/13/2017

Miguel C.

We were NOT happy with our previous service company. I asked around our neighborhood including friends, hardware store employees, coffee shops, diners, etc. for recommendations. I asked no less than 10 people and every other person recommended Wilson Brothers. I then reviewed Angie's List. Again, great reviews. I emailed via Wilson Brots. via AL and their website over the weekend and received a response on Sunday. Since we were new customers, I was expecting a long wait for service. However, Tom Wilson came over Monday afternoon. He diagnosed the issue within minutes on both units and had them cleaned, serviced, and running within an hour. And while we know at least one of our units might need to be replaced next year, there wasn't ANY pressure or urgency to change it now. Both units were doing the job and glad we could squeeze out a bit more service out of them, at least through the winter! When we do decide to change either out, Tom and Wilson Bros. will be the first call I make. I recommend Wilson Bros. without reservation.

Description of Work
We had some issues with our HVAC system right after a cold spell hit the area. Our heating units were working intermittently. Since our units are older, we worried that it could mean a major investment right before the cold winter season.

10/30/2017

Cathy D.

On time and very professional. Let me know what they were doing and why. Well worth the money.

Description of Work
Inspected and cleaned my gas furance. Also inspected my gas water heater.

10/30/2017

George C.

Total professionals. Great job with a great price.

Description of Work
Replaced furnace and air conditioner

09/18/2017

Jackie D.

I've used them a couple times. They're prompt, professional and straight forward.

Description of Work
They repaired something with our toilet.

09/08/2017

Diane M.

Ok, this is the company to hire if you have plumbing issues. They knew we had a time restraint and the girls in the office, maneuvered things around to accommodate us. The plumber, Chris is so good and he was very careful and neat. He took his shoes off to come into my house, even though I told him it wasn't necessary. The whole job was done correctly and quickly, with consideration to us. I can't emphasize enough how good this company is!

Description of Work
Valves for washer and water coming into the house. Also heating problem.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

08/30/2017

Sarah M.

The staff are helpful, professional and knew their stuff. We signed up to be regular customers because of their great work!

Description of Work
We had basic service done to our AC/Heating unit.

08/29/2017

Kevin T.

They did check up on everything and changed the filters.

Description of Work
They did annual maintenance.

08/07/2017

Gary R.

It’s easy to see why the previous owner of our new home highly recommended Wilson Bros! Tom and Chris did an excellent job replacing the hot water heater with a new, more efficient model (Bradford White 40 gallon, natural gas). They arrived right on time, and were very considerate and professional. Tom had prepared a detailed quote for this project (and several other projects that we are planning later in the summer) so I knew just what to expect. Chris arrived first and started emptying and disconnecting the old water heater. Shortly after, Tom arrived with the new unit. Both Chris and Tom provided thorough, courteous answers to my questions. Not only was the work excellent, but I appreciate how Tom and Chris were careful not to scuff the walls or floor on the trips to and from the basement. They used a cool motorized stair-climbing hand truck to safely get the old unit up the stairs and get the new one down. They even placed cardboard over the portion of floor they had to roll the hand truck over. Once the setup was complete, Chris took extra time to explain the various settings and the temperature and pressure relief valve. Thank you!! We will definitely use Wilson Bros again for more upcoming heating/cooling/plumbing projects!

Description of Work
Replaced hot water heater.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

07/19/2017

Thomas W.

Awesome! Great guys Got the job done quickly and cleanly.

Description of Work
New furnace and AC

07/14/2017

stephen S.

Excellent job. Totally professional; arrived on time and completed the job in a day and a half. Removed all debris and left the work area spotless. Their price was very competitive to larger heating/AC contractors.

Description of Work
Removed old oil furnace and replaced with new high efficiency gas furnace.

06/22/2017

DORIS J.

I have called on Wilson Bros in the past to install a ductless AC/heat pump upstairs and do other plumbing repairs and upgrades. I have always been very pleased with their responsiveness, skill and meticulous attention to important details. This experience continued their history of doing very satisfactory work. Tom and Chris brought all the necessary materials, including a "pad" to set the outside unit on and gravel to level it. They did the interior and exterior installations and the electrical work in about 5 hours and before they left, they made sure the unit was working properly to my satisfaction. They cleaned up carefully before they left. This is a good company to deal with.

Description of Work
I wanted a ductless air conditioner/heat pump installed in the living room. I had an old unit that was installed years ago through the wall by someone else and while it still functioned, it was not very energy efficient. I had it removed and the wall rebuilt in preparation for the ductless unit to be installed. The installation of the unit required mounting a unit on the inside wall, drilling a hole through the wall to the outside, to allow the connections to the exterior heat pump unit, as well as running electric lines to the units and to the circuit breaker box in the basement, where a separate circuit breaker dedicated to this unit was installed.

05/31/2017

Matthew E.

He was very professional and knowledgeable. They were able to send someone same day we called. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
A/C unit wasn't producing any cold air.

All Trades Plumbing and Construction

Visit our website to see over 325, "5 star", certified, and detailed reviews... https://pro.homeadvisor.com/ratings/................................................................................................................................................... Small local company, big time service. We strive to do the best work we can, with quality long lasting parts, at a lower price than the big boy competitors. We specialize in WATER HEATERS, drain clearing, and water sanatizing and filtration. For 35 years we have been helping home owners add value to their homes. The wave of the future is clean water. We install the highest quality, no-salt, little maintenance, whole house filtration units. Protect your home and your family by getting this done today!

Offers Coupon

Allied Heating

We are Heating And cooling Experts. Our Mission Statement and Promise to you is, quality work and transparent service. We back our work with a satisfaction guarantee, to continue working until we know the project is safe, complete and to your liking. We also promise to treat your home and /or business as our own.

Adams Heating & Cooling Inc

Here at Adams Heating & Cooling, we believe in giving you the best quality product with the best quality service. Whether you're looking for a new furnace, repairs to that rattling AC, or ridding your air ducts of germs and debris, we've got you covered with cost-effective, energy-efficient solutions. Because we're family-owned and operated, Adams is dedicated to a different kind of doing business: Family thinking: We want to know how we can help you. Whether you're looking to repair or replace, a highly trained technician will talk with you about what you need for your home or office to find a real solution that lasts. Nothing short-term and nothing you don't need. Know what you're getting: At Adams, we want our customers to know exactly what they're buying. That's why we have an Education Room at our centrally located warehouse, where you can see and hear for yourself the difference our quality heating and cooling products will make. The service you deserve: Adams Heating & Cooling offers the best HVAC Services in the business. We offer service plans for a single visit, annual diagnostic, or seasonal, six-part inspections. We can tailor any plan to meet your needs and with our fully stocked warehouse and workshop, we can promise you'll never need to wait on a part. Peace of mind: Being part of a community means being there when your customers need you. That's why Adams has a 24-hour emergency line, so our customers know they can reach a real, live person, anytime, day or night.

Offers Coupon

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Residential and Commercial Service, Sales and Installation. .