V & O Montalvan Fence

With Angi since September 2013

891 Nassau Road

Uniondale, NY 11553

For the last nine years, we at V & O Montalvan Fence have taken pride in the growth, diversification and development of fence installations. We are Open 7 days a week (During the Season). Appointments for free estimates can be made same day. One of our wise fencing sages will come out to your location with sample materials and our catalogue to perform measurements and answer any questions you may have. Custom orders are handled with the utmost attention to detail. Our decks and gates are always made to your specifications, no matter how inventive. Our projects encompass wood, PVC, chain-link an aluminum materials. Competitive pricing is offered on material purchased without installation. We serve all 5 boroughs and Long Island. Discounts for veterans, military, law enforcement and seniors....

06/08/2021

Bogdan P.

These guys are not serious at all. Very disorganized and rude. First, they gave me the appointment a month after we spoke. Then, without calling previously, they spoke with me on the day of installment and the staff was very indifferent. They referred to the job disrespectfully, saying that is not a big one and this is why they didn't do too much effort. When I told them that they need to communicate better and plan better, the staff told the guys who came to my house to leave the work undone and leave, which was crazy. If you want serious fence guys you should call somebody else.

Description of Work
Greedy persons who want to make big money from you

09/17/2020

Michael D.

Very happy with their work. Their pricing was competitive, they showed up when they said they would, they performed the job they said they would, at the price agreed upon. The place looked better after they cleaned up compared to when they arrived. Definitely would hire again.

Description of Work
Rear PVC fence and gate

05/06/2020

Meg D.

Positive: Professionalism, Punctuality, Quality, Responsiveness, Value We hired V&O Montalvan Fence to install our fence after seeing a few of their installations in our neighborhood. They had the best price over other fence companies, who seemed to inflate their pricing with every little extra thing. They came when scheduled and were prompt. The crew manager went over all the details and asked questions before work was started so we felt good about that. He made a suggestion about moving one of our gates for a better aesthetic look and we love it. They were professional in their work, had good communication and left our premises very clean. oh, and after install, we were impressed to see they had one guy cleaning/wiping down the fence!! The fence and 2 gates look beautiful and feel solid. We even had neighbors compliment on the look of our fence. We plan on using them again. We highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Removed chain link fencing and installed PVC fence.

04/17/2020

anthony D.

This is our second job from V&O. Amazing work. They are polite, professional and did a great job cleaning up where they worked. Our house looks great! They are a local business with prices that can't be beat. The QUALITY of their work is excellent!

Description of Work
fence and driveway gate installed

08/19/2019

John P.

They were prompt and very efficient. I would hire again.

Description of Work
Deck rails

08/09/2017

David H.

They removed the old wooden fence and installed pvc vinyl fence. I asked them to be cautious around one sprinkler head and some wires which they were very careful about. They cut some branches so that the fence would not rub up against it. My neighbor saw I was getting my fence done so she asked them if they could install hers the same day which they were able to since they had extra pieces. The crew was very polite, on time and professional. They cleaned up afterwards as well. I thought more of my grass was going to get ripped up when they had to dig but it was very minimal.

Description of Work
Replaced old wood fence with pvc vinyl fence

Category fencing

Hey [Member Name Removed], we are happy to hear of your positive experience- please do think of us in the future.

07/28/2017

Samuel M.

Very happy with the job

Description of Work
They arrived at my house at the time specified.They replaced and removed my old wooden fence with a new PVC fence.They were very polite.They worked fast as a team.They answered my questions.And they cleaned up before they left.

Category fencing

Hello, we are happy to hear that you were very content with the job.

07/23/2017

S Rebecca S.

I called the company and spoke to Joey. I figured I'd swing by their office in Uniondale and pick up the replacement part, either for free or for a nominal fee. Instead he insisted that his guys would come fix it when they were in the neighborhood. Within four days, we noticed it had been fixed.

Description of Work
This is an update to our review from last year. A hinge broke on the gate to the driveway a few weeks ago.

Category fencing

Its nice to hear from you, we are glad that our business with you was up to par. -Joey

06/08/2017

edward M.

The thing that was good was they came outside and they gave me good advice. The work was pretty good. What I ?didn't like was the clean up was not as good as I would have liked it to be. They were on time. The only thing that bothered me was the clean up. It was messy.

Description of Work
I used V & O Montalvan Fence

05/30/2017

Udean C.

I recommend this company for your fencing needs. They have competitive pricing, installed fencing very soon, and did the job well.

Description of Work
Fencing

05/15/2017

Jill K.

Beautiful job at competitive price

Description of Work
Backyard fence

04/17/2017

Nick K.

These guys were punctual, professional and did a great job. Would be happy to hire them again.

Description of Work
Vinyl fence around the back yard.

02/28/2017

Christopher P.

Excellent work. This is third time Ive used them. Previously they fenced in rear yard with gates and installed fences and gates for a dog area. Several family and friends have used them as well for fences and decks with excellent results. They arrive promptly and are polite. They are respectful of property and neighbors. At the end of the day they clean up, hose everything off and blow debris, dirt etc and clean up. Prices have always been below other estimates Ive gotten. Most importantly, they do it right. No shortcuts. A tree fell during sandy and a post they put in actually held it up because it was installed very well.

Description of Work
I called them in the morning and they came by the same day. The estimate given was competitive and they were able to come the following day. (Still early in season) They Removed old fences and gates on either side of house and put in taller ones and new gates. Also extended fences on property line on both sides to street with 3 ft picket pvc fence.

10/11/2016

Regina P.

The price was reasonable.

Description of Work
They put up a white fencing.

09/10/2016

S Rebecca S.

Fabulous. Oscar came on time for the estimate, which was exactly the amount we paid in the end (and $1,500 less than their competitors). Workers arrived on time for the job. Five men jumped out of the truck and set to work immediately, hacking away at vegetation with hedge clippers, a reciprocating saw and a huge machete (no joke!) to remove the old fence and make way for the new one. Finished fence looks amazing, down to the small details, and we are grateful for the amount of jungle-clearing they did to make it happen.

Description of Work
Remove old ugly weed- and tree- encrusted 6' chain link fence, replace with new PVC fence, move fence line out to property line (58' x 40' backyard) with a driveway double gate on one side of the house and a pedestrian gate on the other side.

10/22/2015

Suzette P.

Category fencing

Dear Ms [Member Name Removed], May I ask why our work was not up to par? How is your fence doing?

06/09/2015

Christopher P.

I was refered to oscar by family members who have had fences and decks put in at multiple homes. They removed old metal fencing and installed pvc fencing and 2 gates around a 1/3 of an acre yard. They also fixed a fence installed improperly by previous owner. The work was done at a competitive price and they came on time and finished in one day as promised. The work was excellent and even stood up to Sandy. A tree fell away from fence and since the fence was installed well it actually held the tree up and and was not damaged. Most recently they were contracted to install fencing to section off part of the yard for a dog run. Once again came quickly for the estimate and was able to schedule the work in a timely manner and it was done well. I have recomended them to friends who have also been happy with their work. This isnt a huge company and yes they get busy. The owners work on every job, but if they dont answer, they return your call asap. They take pride in their work and I would (and have) recommended them to others.

Description of Work
PVC fence around exterior of yard, 2 gates and removal of old fencing in 2012. Currently contracted to install an additional fence in the yard for dog run 6/2015

11/02/2014

Patricia B.

This company came so highly recommended by a friend that we didn't even check them out on Angie's List, and we were truly shocked just now to read a poor review. Oscar from V&O Montalvan Fence arrived exactly on time for our estimate. He listened well and was professional, courteous and concise. We were pleased with his written estimate so we hired them right away, and they scheduled us within a few days. On installation day the team also arrived precisely on time. They were hard working, considerate and polite and the work was completely efficiently. Their clean up was immaculate. That night we received a call from our neighbor who's post had been moved - she was not happy. Although my husband and I felt she was being a bit unreasonable we called Oscar and explained what was going on. He sent a team to inspect the problem the next business day and another team to fix it the day after that. And to be honest they went well above and beyond what they could have done to ensure our neighbor's happiness. Do not hesitate to use V&O Montalvan Fence. We will definitely use them again should the need arise and we will recommend them to everyone.

Description of Work
Installed a 4' PVC fence, which required matching one neighbor's fence and moving another neighbor's chain link post that protruded into our yard.

09/24/2013

Bea S.

This contractor is too busy to run his business. He has more work than he can handle by his own admission. They were contracted to put a deck and fencing on our property and did so after a considerable wait. They insisted on cash payment and foolishly I complied. Initially the deck was done well as was most of the fence. We had to wait 2 months for the second section to be done during which we noticed an incorrectly installed panel and a remaining iron post from the old fence which they were supposed to remove on the first go round. They did the second section, removed the post and did not re-do the bad panel. Oscar, the owner, said he didn't have the material with him, though he knew this was part of what he was there to do! I have repeatedly called him and he has repeatedly promised me that he would be here to do the work. That was 2 months ago...his last words were that he was just too busy. He didn't have anyone to send. Well, he had someone when their hands were out for the money! My fault..I paid him..but don't make the same mistake. His prices are lower than most and he has a word of mouth following that initially built his business...now he's in over his head and he has no time to fulfill his obligations to his customers. Soon that word of mouth list will shorten and like other contractors and business people who ignore the need for customer service and care..his business will dwindle. Of course I would never recommend his services to anyone.

Description of Work
BUILT DECK AND PUT UP FENCING

Ageless Chimney, Inc.

New York's finest CHIMNEY and MASONRY company for 15 years, and the proud recipient of Angie's List's "Super Service" award for the past 6 years. Ageless Chimney offers, but is not limited to, chimney cleaning and repair, chimney liners, pointing, chimney caps, crowns, brick repair, fireplace repair/refacing and roof/chimney leak experts. We also specialize in building & repairing stoops, patios and driveways. We will beat any written estimate. CALL AGELESS CHIMNEY today: (516)795-1313 for your free estimate! Serving Long Island, Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan and Westchester. Fully licensed and insured.

Offers by Ageless Chimney, Inc. on Angi
    Precision Fence Co

Additional emails: mike@precisionfencecompany.com, tom@precisionfencecompany.com.

Serrano Fence & Son inc

Serrano Fence & Son, Inc. has over 15 years of experience helping home owners and businesses satisfy their fencing needs throughout the Long Island, NY area. We take pride on providing high quality craftsmanship, so you can be assured that your project will be done correctly. We specialize in the installation of a wide variety of fencing materials: PVC, chain link, stockade, aluminum, railings, custom cedar fence, horizontal fence and post and rail. Whatever your fencing needs are, we can provide it to you at prices you can afford. Each job is supervised by the owner, so your satisfaction is guaranteed.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check