Alexander Home Improvement Corp

Founded 2000 • With Angi since February 2008

900 Front Street

Uniondale, NY 11553

Alexander Home Improvement Corp. was established in 2000. After many years of experience and encouragement from customers and friends, Alex and Marvin decided to branch off to create a successful home improvement company, specializing in roofing, siding, windows, gutters, and interior work. As we

07/31/2017

Chris S.

Great. They are wonderful

Description of Work
Windows siding and roof

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows

07/10/2017

ELLEN_RICHARD W.

exceptionally good job.

Description of Work
Roofing; new siding

03/03/2017

Stanley M.

Alex answered all my questions and clarified all my doubts. The Price was very fair and quality of workmanship was beyond my imagination. I would say that AHIC sincerely exceeded my expectations and this coming from someone who is very critical of contractors. Added to the scope of work was framing new Garage Roof and New Porch with high hats. The work was done professionally and Alex and Marvin was there on site every day to oversee the work and treated my home like it was theirs. I would highly recommend this company and I would unhesitatingly use their services again for any future Home Improvement work in my home.

Description of Work
Alexander Home Improvement Corp (AHIC) did my entire house Roofing, Siding and Gutter replacement, including constructing New Porch and Garage Roof.

02/27/2017

dave B.

very well. completed within 30 hours

Description of Work
new roof, gutters and leaders

Category gutter repair, roofing

Thank you for your positive feedback. We take pride in our work ethic and customer service. Please keep us in mind for any future home improvement needs!

02/21/2017

Marietta D.

They did a great job!!

Description of Work
My roof on my house.

10/14/2016

diana R.

The best company I've ever dealt with both professionally and personally. They work quick and effectively, super clean and meticulous. The workers are all professionals in their own right. Making us happy with the outcome and during the work was their first priority. Had the pleasure of using them 8 years ago, was happy then and happy now. Definitely a A+ Company. Alex and Marvin are one in a million.

Description of Work
Remove & replace siding and roof..and build shed.

10/10/2016

George C.

Excellent, the company to use for all home improvements, price , service, customer service cannot be beat

Description of Work
Roof replacement

10/08/2016

George C.

You will not go wrong with this company. Excellent work, price, and customer service.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Thank you for your positive feedback. We take pride in our work ethic, customer service, and competitive prices. Please keep us in mind for any future home improvement needs!

09/23/2016

Martin L.

Marvin from Alexander gave me a very fair and competitive price and solved problems to install new siding and gutters on my split level home. Marvin and his office staff were always helpful and responsive. Other contractors priced more expensive options I did not need. One even offered to match any other contractor's price. The work was performed very efficiently and I am thrilled with the appearance of the house. I recommend Alexander most highly for any project.

Description of Work
Siding and Gutters

Category siding

09/09/2016

gary G.

I highly recommend Alexander Home Improvement. Firstly, Marvin Sorto, who quarterbacked every aspect of the job is one of the most honorable businessmen I have ever met. I was out of town due to an illness in the family while Marvin and his crew completed installation of the new roof. Marvin refused to accept payment for the job from my wife. Marvin wanted my inspection and approval first! In addition,Marvin promptly and personally responded to every call. I have used Marvin and Alexander Home Improvement in the past and have recommended them to my friends. Alexander Home Improvement installed a new roof and insulated and sided the whole house. I am very happy I used them. Their prices are reasonable and the quality of their work is great.

Description of Work
new roof and new siding

07/25/2016

martin L.

Job completed on time, professional manner, properly supervised. Materials used per agreement. Clean up was complete. No remaining issues and would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Roof replacement including gutters

07/22/2016

Ephraim T.

I had a 28 year old roof, and the shingles began to fall off during high winds. I called Alexander Home Improvement located in Uniondale, NY, explaining my roofing needs. Alex himself came to my home, inspected the roof from the ground, and gave his recommendations. Three business days later, my old roof was ripped off, and the new one installed; all in ONE day. I could not believe it; neither could my neighbors. Alex's guys were at my home at 7am, and started to work. As the day progressed, it got hotter and hotter. I believe it was roughly 90 degrees that day, and his guys did not show any signs of slowing down. I spoke to a few of them in passing, and my description for them are "pleasant work horses." I watched some of guys while on the ground, from my window, and noticed how meticulous they worked. Very little chatting; only work related. Once the entire roofing crew left, I walked around my property and did not find any left behind debris. It was a great experience, and pleasure watching professionals do their job perfectly. Of course I am going to use them to replace my siding next year. It's very hard to find a great company that employs honest and hard working people. Those are the numbers that you keep in your back pocket forever.

Description of Work
Replaced the entire roof, which included removing and installing all new wood, shingles, underlayment and flashing; as well as the gutters and leaders.

Category gutter repair, roofing

Mr. [Member Name Removed], We take pride in our quality of work. Our crew consists of workers that have been on our team for well over 10 years and we focus ho*** ** training and work ethic. Thank you for the opportunity and for your business. Keep us in mind for any future home improvement needs! -Alexander Home Improvement Corp. team

07/21/2016

Pravit P.

They came on time in the morning. The installation went well, one of our skylight had leaking problem and the foreman recommended to change it. He went to buy the new skylight for us, thank you (sorry I forgot your name). After the installation finished, they clean up and take away all roofing related debris.

Description of Work
Installed new GAF roofing and gutter.

Thank you for the opportunity to display our work and for your business. Please, keep us in mind for any future home improvement needs! -Alexander Home Improvement Corp. team

05/27/2016

Christopher M.

They were unbelievably professional. They were fast. The entire job took only 8 hours. They took extreme care to prevent any damage to the property, and clean-up left the property in pristine condition. i would have no qualms in either using them again or recommending them to anyone. Excellent company with high standards.

Description of Work
Removed 2 layers of previous roofing material and installed a new roof.

We take pride in our quality of work. Thank you for the opportunity and for your business. Keep us in mind for any future home improvement needs! -Alexander Home Improvement Corp. team

05/26/2016

Maryann D.

We were very happy with this company and have already recommended them to someone...can't believe how fast, and professional all the workers were...truly wished we would have known about them 15 yrs ago when I had the roof done. There are no don'ts about this company A+ all the way.

Description of Work
Came on time. Covered all landscape lighting, moved table and chairs....stripped the entire roof of shingles and sheeting. Even replaced the aluminum trim on the front of the house....

Thank you for the opportunity to demonstrate our quality of work. Our goal is to become your "go to" contractor for any future home improvement needs. Keep us in mind!

11/13/2015

Christine S.

Description of Work
Fabulous.

Thank you for taking the time to review our work. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

09/11/2013

Christine S.

It was great. This company is awesome. Marvin and Alex are very attentive, and the workmanship is done very well. They are true professionals, no surprises, they also gave great advice on what we were planning. Our house made a huge transformation, it's beautiful now! We love it,

Description of Work
New timberline roof,remove old roof, install plywood, attic fan, skylight, remove old siding and old cedar, install new siding, replace all windows, also new roof on two car garage, and siding.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows

We appreciate the opportunity you and Mr. [Member Name Removed] gave us to display our quality of work. Please, keep us in mind for any future home improvement needs! -Alexander Home Improvement Corp. team

08/26/2013

Tony M.

Work crew arrived on time and were met by salesman, Marvin, who was very helpful in the planning stage. Workmen were very conscientious of debris spilling over to my neighbors' property and took appropriate precautions. They all were very efficient and neat, and completed the job on a high pitched roof in one day. Afterwards they 'walked' me around the property for inspection. I was fully satisfied with the work performed and the clean up afterwards. I would strongly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Replaced 3 existing house roofs & 1 garage roof. Installed new roof with gutters/leaders and new roof on garage.

Category gutter repair, roofing

We take pride in our quality of work and appreciate the opportunity. Keep us in mind for any future home improvement needs! -Alexander Home Improvement Corp. team

07/29/2013

alan K.

Job completed professionally in 1 day

Description of Work
Replace roof-ranch house + garage

03/21/2013

Patricia H.

I am very satisfied with them and I used them. They just finished up on my roof yesterday. They are very professional their follow through was excellent. Their workers are a pleasure to work with. They were very professional in the way they did the work. They were neat and they cleaned up. They walk you around to make sure that you are satisfied with everything. That is what a company should do. Would recommend them to anybody.

Description of Work
Alexander Home Improvement Corporation did my roof.

12/13/2012

Patricia H.

Everything was excellent with them, including the price, and I give them all A ratings.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from Alexander Home Improvement to re-roof my house.

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. Do checkout our Facebook page for promos that you might be interested in. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

07/27/2012

JIM W.

He didn't charge me. They price is very fair. They were very quick and efficient. They clean well after the work. It was a very positive experience.

Description of Work
I used Alexander Home Improvement Corp to do repair on my roof. They had done my roof in 2007.

12/12/2011

BELINDA J.

They had a large crew and finished the roof on both the main house and garage in about one day. The rest of the siding for the house and garage took a total of 6 days. They were professional and responsive, as they had promised. The quality was excellent, very pleased with the job. We obtained many estimates, and Alexander Home Improvement came through with the best price and quality.

Description of Work
We had our old roof and siding stripped, and had a new Timberline roof and Crane aluminum siding installed. They replaced rotted wood that they found on the back of the house before installing new siding.

Category roofing, siding

Fred's Chimney Magic

EXPERTS ON CHANNEL 7, CABLE NEWS AND DAILY NEWS! 1437 REVIEWS ON ANGIE'S LIST! NO COMPLAINT WITH BBB OR CONSUMER AFFAIRS! (CALL 800 696-7668 FOR A FREE ESTIMATE) LIFETIME GUARANTEE ON ALL STAINLESS STEEL LINERS AND CAPS. 38 YEARS IN BUSINESS. (3 tour) VETERAN ARMY MILITARY POLICE. EXFIRE FIGHTER. REPAIRED APPROX. 1/3 OF ALL NYC FIRE DEPARTMENTS. LOWEST PRICES GUARANTEED! PRIOR CONSULTANTS FOR BROOKHAVEN NATIONAL LABORATORIES AND THE AMERICAN GAS RESEARCH FOUNDATION IN WASHINGTON D.C. "WE ARE GENTLEMEN WHO CARE" (read our reviews) THANK YOU!

Award 2022
    Offers by Fred's Chimney Magic on Angi
    Best Way Chimney

10 % off for Angies list members. We have been in business for 20 yrs. Please check us out at the Better Business Bureau and consumer affairs. An educated consumer is a smart one. We are family owned & operated. Award winning. Additional DBA - Best Way Chimney Cleaning & Repairs .

Ageless Chimney, Inc.

New York's finest CHIMNEY and MASONRY company for 15 years, and the proud recipient of Angie's List's "Super Service" award for the past 6 years. Ageless Chimney offers, but is not limited to, chimney cleaning and repair, chimney liners, pointing, chimney caps, crowns, brick repair, fireplace repair/refacing and roof/chimney leak experts. We also specialize in building & repairing stoops, patios and driveways. We will beat any written estimate. CALL AGELESS CHIMNEY today: (516)795-1313 for your free estimate! Serving Long Island, Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan and Westchester. Fully licensed and insured.

Offers by Ageless Chimney, Inc. on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

roofing (shingles, flat roof, asphalt, etc), siding (vinyl, shakes, etc), windows (Simonton, Andersen, etc), gutters, interior remodeling, chimney & general carpentry.