Virginia Fisher

Founded 1983 • With Angi since June 2012

847 7th Ave

Troy, NY 12182

• 2016 Super Service Award Winner - 3rd Consecutive Year! • Welcome to Virginia Fisher Interiors! • Established in 1983 in San Francisco, My goal has always been to provide High-Quality Service in all areas of my work to my Community! • Offering a wide range of services, which include Interior

02/09/2022

Edward B.

Excellent work, Office is looking so much fresher. Neat, clean accurate work.

Description of Work
Trim Paint

Category interior painters

Thank you for the review, I truly appreciate it!

12/12/2021

Rebecca F.

Excellent her work very exact she does molding she's very oriented she's always on time and she's not like scheduling and canceling good communicator and very organize .

Description of Work
Interior paint

Category interior painters

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for this review.

09/20/2021

Mona E.

Very well-was pleased with end result. Never had wallpaper done before and was nervous about it.

Description of Work
wallpaper

Thank you for your review, I really appreciate it! Virginia

07/05/2021

Sue G.

Great - -Virginia was very easy to work with. I reached out to her and she came to see what the job would entail. She was able to squeeze my job in and called to tell me when she would be available to hang the wallpaper border. There were other workers in the house at the same time but Virginia was able to work around them. The humidity was an issue but we were able to resolve it.

Description of Work
Wallpaper border

Category wallpaper

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the great review, I really appreciate it! Sincerely, Virginia

07/02/2021

Deirdre C.

Virginia was wonderful. She came to inspect the room to be painted, had good questions about what colors i was considering and did a through assessment of the walls and work needed to be done. Her estimate included labor, supplies and time. She was fabulous, removed old 1970's wallpaper, patched and sanded the walls then turned a blah room into an oasis of calm. My office now looks wonderful and is a great place to focus and work. I absolutely will hire her again as i reorganize and get other spaces cleared for updating.

Description of Work
Interior Painting

06/24/2021

Kelli G.

Virginia did an excellent job. She was prompt and professional. Stayed within quote and time frame agreed upon.

Description of Work
Interior Painting

03/17/2021

David M.

I feel very fortunate to have found Virginia--she did an incredible job and was a pleasure to work with from the beginning. Virginia has a wealth of experience and this was a very challenging job. Not only did Virginia remove old wallpaper and prime the walls, but she also put up new wallpaper in a dining room and small bathroom, as well as painting some interior walls. The results were terrific and I couldn't be more pleased with Virginia's work--she really knows what she is doing, is extremely thorough and careful, and delivers exceptionally high quality work. I would hire Virginia again for another project and highly recommend her.

Description of Work
wallpaper removal; wallpapering; interior painting

Category interior designers, wallpaper removal, wallpaper, interior painters

Thanks so much [Member Name Removed] for the review, I truly appreciate it! Thanks too for the photo, great view, lovely home, grateful for the opportunity!

02/05/2021

Jeffrey B.

Excellent. We set up an appointment by phone. Virginia is very busy so I was lucky to get an appointment within a couple weeks. I told her how much wallpaper we had and provided room measurements. She explained how everything would work. It took two visits - a couple hours for measuring and applying primer one day and all day the next day for hanging the paper. She left her equipment overnight. I was so happy with her work that I paid her a success fee on top of her regular rate. Thank you, Virginia!

Description of Work
Wallpaper Hanging in Home Office

Category wallpaper

Thanks so much [Member Name Removed], I truly appreciate your review!! Virginia Fisher

01/22/2021

Lisa H.

Where do I start? Virginia has now done numerous jobs for my husband and I including painting, wall papering and interior design. She, hands down, has been my favorite over a matter of 25 years of working with other contractors. Virginia not only is immaculate with details, neat and tidy, on time, very reasonably priced, but overall, a wonderful person to have working in your home. We have become friends and it was obvious we got along during the first job and that I knew then and there, we would not need to look elsewhere for a painter or anything to do with interior design. We struck gold the first time around by choosing Virginia on Angie's List. I am a very fussy person, and if you are looking for someone who cares 100% about the work she does, then Virginia is your lady. Love her and love all her work very, very much. Super !!!!!!

Description of Work
3 bathrooms painted

Category interior designers, interior painters

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for such a generous review! It has been so great working together and enjoying our mutual respect for each other. I don’t mind giving 100% when I know it is appreciated! It’s wonderful having clients you look forward to seeing and coming back to over the years. Thank you [Member Name Removed]!

01/07/2021

bradford S.

Virginia is awesome. Her work is perfect and she's kind and thoughtful. I enjoyed getting to know her and the work is phenomenal.

Description of Work
Wallpapered a room and closet

Category interior designers, wallpaper

Thank you for this review, a great start to the new year! Thank you also for the opportunity to work in your stunning home, to experience your brilliance, consideration and generosity!

10/28/2020

Morgan H.

Virginia dealt with a difficult wallpaper job using peel and stick paper that I had given up on. She did a wonderful job! Very easy to communicate with, showed up on time. Made crooked walls look straight and all the patterns matched

Description of Work
Bathroom wallpaper

Category wallpaper

Oh [Member Name Removed] thanks so much for that great review and I didn’t even have to ask you! I’m glad it worked out and now you can start getting back to normal!

10/15/2020

Christine M.

Virginia did a wonderful job! I had a textured wallpaper that I needed hung and painted in a small bathroom I'm redoing. It only took a couple of days to complete and it came out perfect! It looks exactly how I envisioned it! Virginia was professional and so easy to work with. She was easy to contact and answered all my questions. I would hire again in a heat beat!

Description of Work
Wallpapering and painting

Category wallpaper, interior painters

05/17/2020

Alayna K.

Virginia did an excellent job removing the wallpaper and painting our kitchen. She gave good recommendations and was helpful in the process of picking out colors. She also recently did a similar project in my father's kitchen and he is very pleased with the results. I will definitely have her do more work on our house in the near future.

Description of Work
Wallpaper removal and painting in kitchen

Category wallpaper removal, interior painters

Thank you [Member Name Removed], I really appreciate it!

06/08/2019

Michael C.

Let me just say, Virginia is a pleasure to deal with and has become a friend over many months. I have an old home with a long list of projects and dreams. In every instance, and in very different rooms, Virginia has had great suggestions for color, balance, furnishings and window treatments. We have now moved on to painting and papering a large upstairs landing. She is expert at her work and has vision for balancing the final outcome. When I disagree on impression, she is always adaptable to my quirky ways. All is low key and flexible. She always arrives as planned and always upbeat and positive. She has also referred me to expert artisans for carpentry, furniture design/construction and those she works with are the best. I continue to find new projects for her and wholeheartedly recommend her for any project in your home.

Description of Work
furniture and room design, color choice and interior painting, bathroom design, wall papering, window treatments

Category interior designers, wallpaper removal, wallpaper, window treatments, interior painters

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed] for such a generous review. I’ve enjoyed all the projects that we’ve undertaken and cherish our ongoing relationship. Many thanks and much appreciation!

04/04/2019

Theresa D.

fabulous Virginia did an amazing job. The wallpaper is better than I ever imagined. Hire this woman

Description of Work
Wallpaper an accent wall

Category interior painters

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for the great review, I truly appreciate it! So happy the overall picture is better than you imagined!

02/09/2019

Rita F.

Perfectly well. She made great suggestions for paint colors. It was well worth the money. I am very pleased with her advice.

Description of Work
Color consultation

10/16/2018

James K.

It went very well. Virginia did an excellent job. She is the best painter we have employed. The area where the wall meets the ceiling is perfect. She is neat and cleans up each day before she leaves. She is very professional and is definitely a pro. She painted our two car garage, removed wallpaper and painted 3 bathrooms.

Description of Work
Wallpaper removal and painting

Category wallpaper removal, interior painters

That was the quickest review I’ve ever had. Thank you so much for hiring me to do your job, it certainly was my pleasure and w/ new clients, you just never know what to expect. I’m happy you are pleased and thanks for the best chocolate ever!

09/28/2018

Woody E.

Virginia was very attentive, professional, punctual and did a wonderful job in helping me pick paper choices as well as paint colors. I always knew how much a project was going to be and even went shopping to help me pick out proper choices for anything I needed. She is a very good interior decorator and her work was outstanding. She was very good to work with and I would certainly hire her again.

Description of Work
Paper in 2 bathrooms, bedroom painted along with ceilings

Category interior designers, wallpaper, window treatments, interior painters

Thank you so much after this period of time to send your review! I appreciate it very much!

09/16/2018

Diane S.

Virginia was a real professional from start to finish. She helped me pick out two beautiful paint colors and kept me informed every step of the process. The rooms look amazing! I highly recommend working with Virginia.

Description of Work
Interior paintng 2 bedrooms

Category interior painters

Thanks so much [Member Name Removed] for the review it means a lot to me! Good luck w/ the baby and please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with. Be well

08/02/2018

Amber N.

Didn't even show up to provide the estimate, even after emailing to say she would be coming

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Category interior designers, interior painters

I have to be careful who I work for. When someone tells me there is no time for a phone confirmation, this indicates communication concerns.

07/27/2018

Christopher Z.

Virginia was wonderful to work with. She painted both our entryway and stairwell and both look great. The stairwell in particular was challenging because of the high ceilings and spindle work, but she finished on time and the quality is wonderful. Would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Painted entryway and stairwell

Category interior painters

Thanks [Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed], you were great to work for!

07/16/2018

Christine S.

Virginia just finished wallpapering our upstairs bathroom, including the ceiling. This is the fifth job she's done for us, and every one has been superb. Our house is 80+ years old, and the walls are often uneven. Matching up the seams and making everything come out right is not easy, but Virginia always manages to make everything look perfect. She works quietly and unobtrusively, but she's very focused and efficient. On top of all that, she's pleasant and personable. We recommend her highly!

Description of Work
Wallpapering

Category wallpaper removal, wallpaper

Gee Chris, just seeing this review now, thanks so much! I really appreciate your thoughtfulness and time!

07/04/2018

Deborah L.

I was very impresses with Virgina"s choices. She listened to me and worked with a color scheme that I wanted. Her work was precise . She really knows what she is doing. She made suggestions that I had never thought of , as in adding some wall paper to our dining and I did it. We could not be happier with the work she did. The outome was perfect.I would use her in a heart beat. She is the best!

Description of Work
I needed help choosing colors for my living room/dining room and family room. I also need the designer to do the work.

Category interior designers, wallpaper removal, wallpaper

04/13/2018

Matt R.

I very much enjoyed working with Virginia and absolutely love the work she has done to completely transform our dining room and office into something incredible. Virginia was a bit part of the design with her great suggestions with paint colors and wallpaper options and took care of picking up all the paint and supplies (we purchased the wallpaper separately). We found Virginia to be a great communicator, prompt and professional on all meetings and days or work, and also very tidy. She was very hard working and meticulous and is not afraid to give her honest opinion to give you the best results possible. Very happy with the work and would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Dining Room & Office Paint & Wallpaper

Category wallpaper, interior painters

11/19/2017

Stephan G.

Great work and advice by Virginia during her consultations. This is the 3rd time we used her services, and we will continue to leverage her expertise and advice. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Consultation for color schemes, window treatments, furniture, etc. in living/dining room areas.