Testo Kitchens Inc

Founded 2008 • With Angi since April 2010

495 Campbell Ave

Troy, NY 12180

Kraftmaid cabinets, Midcontinent cabinets, Kitchen Kompact, cabinets, Tru-Wood cabinets....

07/07/2015

jessica D.

Contacted Testo for proposal for kitchen countertop replacement, tile backsplash installation, some lighting upgrades and some light carpentry. I can only comment on their estimating process as I will not be using them. I will not go into all the details, but my warning to you is... Know exactly what is included and what is not included in their estimate. The estimate I received was vague and sorely lacking in detail. Although it appeared that the key things I asked for were there, specifics as to the detailed scope of work were missing, and, for the few materials included, again no details. (Note, the countertops are priced, supplied and installed by the fabricators, so most of Testo's cost is labor.) I asked for numerous clarifications, the sales rep provided answers, I thought we were good to go so I asked that a contract be prepared. Much to my surprise, I next received another estimate and repeat answers to all my questions from a different sales rep. Somehow the price had increased (not just a little) although no changes in scope and the answers to my questions had changed! Again, I asked questions and was told the price increase was because one of the install items wasn't included in the original estimate. Funny, I pointed out to her exactly where that line item was on the original estimate, so how could they claim it wasn't included. That was the final straw. Whether intentional or communication issues inside their office or some other reason is irrelevant.. Their estimating is sorely lacking in quality, was misleading, deceptive and misrepresentative.

Description of Work
Estimate for new kitchen countertops, tile backsplash installation, lighting upgrades, light carpentry

01/15/2015

Lisa D.

No call, not responded to basically blown off.

Description of Work
we were told by store employee that we would be contacted at the beginning of the week to set up a measurement of our kitchen,

06/02/2014

Harry A.

Provider found the flooring to exactly match flooring in other rooms. Stained molding and railing system to match. Added oak treads to the stairs. Excellent work, on time, very clean and finished according to the stated schedule.

Description of Work
Install oak hardwood flooring and oak railing

Category flooring contractor,home remodeling

05/31/2014

Ray W.

I stopped by most days to discuss progress with Rocco which provided for good communication regarding unforeseen surprises and potential upgrades. Going with a reputable local family owned company like Testo Kitchens avoids pitfalls like surprise additional costs. They are accessible and responsive, and concerned about doing a good job and getting the details right. In the end, we were looking for a good quality job where the details were handled and done right, and that is what we got with Testo. As a result, I would highly recommend them for consideration for your project.

Description of Work
Tracey provided design assistance for kitchen cabinet layout. Rocco and his crew tore out walls, flooring, ceiling and wall drywall, re-wired and plumbed, installed new kitchen and bath, paint, trim, doors and tile. This was an extensive renovation, removing or altering 5 walls. We also opened the front entryway by removing a wall beside the basement staircase. A railing was installed along the stairwell and the front door and sidelight combination was replaced.

11/11/2013

Harry A.

Remove old and install new cabinets and counter tops. Remove and install new appliances. There was both plumbing and electrical work as well as painting and minor drywall work. Testo's was on time and fully cleaned the area at the end of each days work. Was told the kitchen would take about 3 weeks and it was completed three weeks to the day. All workers were knowledgeable and the owner was on site almost everyday. They were a on-stop contractor as they performed all the necessary work except installation of the counter top. Testo's did however deal directly with the counter top contractor. We were very pleased with Testo's Kitchens and would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Full kitchen remodel

10/23/2013

Elizabeth B.

Excellent! Flawless installation in old house where nothing is level or square. Reasonable price for very high quality cabinets. Great people.

Description of Work
New kitchen cabinets and counters

01/29/2013

Linda W.

Very smoothly. Very neatly. Kept us involved through it all.

Description of Work
Removal of kitchen cabinets, and installing new kitchen cabinets and hardware. Installed appliances, sink, pendant and under cabinet lights. Helped with layour of cabinets and island and choices of cabinets, counter top and hardware. More than satisfied with this vendor.

11/16/2012

Eric T.

Testo's was easy to work with, responsive, very professional and their quality of work was great.

Description of Work
remodel bath and kitchen including hardwood floor for kitchen/dining room modifications.

Category hardwood floor,plumbing,home remodeling

11/03/2012

Phyllis P.

Anyone wanting to remodel their kitchen, from top to bottom, should go to Testo Kitchen's. On my first trip there, I was greeted by Tracie, a designer who explained in detail all the types of available cabinets. Then Rocco Testo came to my house to measure everything which helped me decide what would fit in my space. With those measurements in hand, Traci immediately produced a computer printout showing a rendition of how my new kitchen would look.....and it now looks exactly like that!!! Every time I had a question about anything, I called the company and Tracie immediately answered the phone and always was able to help. The cabinets were delivered on the EXACT date that they were promised and are really beautiful!!! I chose Hickory wood and it's gorgeous! When the cabinets were installed, Dom Testo was sent to measure the counter top. I chose a Corian counter top and it's really outstanding! This is a family business which shows an extreme amount of pride in their work. I would highly recommend calling them, or stopping by, if anyone wants to update or completely remodel their kitchen. You absolutely can't go wrong. These people help you every step of the way and you'll definitely be pleased.

Description of Work
Ordered a complete set of kitchen cabinets. Originally I was unaware of the types of cabinets that are currently available. My kitchen is small, but a "pantry" cabinet provides a huge amount of storage space! When ordering the cabinets, I was given a delivery date. The cabinets came on that EXACT date! The counter top was measured and ordered as soon as the counter was installed. That too was ready and installed on the EXACT date promised.

10/24/2012

Donald R.

They were helpful, professional and the counterttops fit perfectly.

Description of Work
Testo's were the subcontractor to measure and supply our countertops. helpful. Our contractor installed them.

J & R CARPET & DRAPERY CLEANING

J AND Rs Carpet and Drapery Cleaning is a locally owned and operated business that offers commercial and residential clients in Saratoga, Schenectady, and Albany County in NY. Services offered include: - Carpet Cleaning - Drapery Cleaning - Upholstery Cleaning - Tile & Grout Cleaning - Window Treatment Cleaning J & R Carpet & Drapery Cleaning will clean your carpets and upholstery with expert care at a reasonable price. J & R Carpet Cleaning offers on site truck mounted steam cleaning, and fast drying for your carpets. Attention to detail and an unmatched thoroughness are hallmarks of their success. No job is too big or too small for J & R Carpet Cleaners. J & R services a wide area including Clifton Park, Niskayuna, Schenectady, Malta, Saratoga, Mechanicville, Latham, Burnt Hills, and the capital district area. Don't take chances with your expensive carpets and upholstery! Leave all your carpet, upholstery & drapery cleaning to the experts! Call J & R Carpet Cleaners today! Senior citizen discounts available. Visit our site to see our latest offers http://www.jandrscarpetcleaning.com.

Murray tile and stone

I specialize in porcelain and ceramic tile for kitchens, bathrooms, and backsplashes. I have been doing tile for over 10 years and I am the one to give an estimate and give you a perfect tile job every time.

Beaudoins Hardwood Flooring

2019 Super Service Award Winner! Sales, services, installation, boarders & tile work.

Offers by Beaudoins Hardwood Flooring on Angi

Drywall, closets, windows, countertops, plumbing, hardwood flooring sales, installation, refinishing, remodeling - kitchen, bathroom, appliance, ceramic tile, cabinet making & appliance sales.

Painting.