Founded 2001 • With Angi since December 2009

Navco Window and Door Company has been operating in the Capital District area (Albany) since 2006. We specialize in windows, doors, siding, and are frequently booked for entire home makeovers. We offer wood, fiberglass and vinyl windows. We offer all types of siding including insulated. We are

window replacement (108)door installation (31)siding companies (18)gutter repair (9)roofing (4)house painting (1)

09/29/2021

John M.

Bought windows in August of 2020 and they weren’t installed to April of 2021. The week after installation they needed repair and Todd came after several weeks to fix. The repair he did lasted a day. Trying calling (at least 30 times), they would just hang up or their mailbox was full. Now I have a hard time in closing windows. Folks, please don’t use this company. They are not rated on BBB as they state on their site.

Description of Work
A Bay window and a casement window

04/21/2021

Rachael K.

NAVCO was a great company from the start. Rob the salesman was easy going, informative and helped me pick the right windows for my home. We had 26 windows installed and a new patio door this week. Todd and Josh were exceptional workers. They were professional, hard working and got the job done right. We love our Polaris windows and new back door and couldn’t be more pleased. Will use this company again in the future for other projects. Did a lot of research and by far this company was the most competitive and best window on the market!!!!

Description of Work
New windows and new patio back door

Work Completed On 04/19/2021

Review for Navco - 636 second avenue, Troy, NY - 39303147

08/03/2020

Duane S.

On the appraisal they had rough opening for 10 windows. They took”rough opening” out of the contract and we didn’t notice it, but they charged us for the rough opening which the owner said would be about 300 dollars a window. That’s $3,000 that they over charged us that they would not refund. Because they just did replacement windows, the windows are about 3 inches less window pane, and we can’t put air conditioners back in. Do not trust this company to work on our house! The owner can’t be trusted and will take your money if he can and then call you a cheat because we were not happy with the results and wanted a return for the rough opening that they didn’t do. I did like they construction team, but their salesman Rob is the worst. He does want he wants instead of what the customer wants. Bad business to work with.....stay away

Description of Work
Rough opening windows(10)

Work Completed On 08/03/2020

This is incorrect and misleading information . Customer had several different quotes and in the end this customer decided to go with cheaper project that was replacement windows. By going with replacement windows the customer is able to save money by utilizing existing interior trim and installing the new window into the existing frame. With replacement style windows you always lose a little of the size of the old window due to the fact that you are installing a new window into an existing opening. Everything was fine until the customer realized that the old air conditioning units would not fit into the new replacement windows. The customers showed me one of the quotes where we were quoting the project for new construction windows. The project manager that sold the project also showed me several other quotes and the final contract showing that the customer did chose to move ahead with the replacement style project. Believing this to be just a misunderstanding we worked with this customer to come up with a plan that worked for everyone involved. We agreed to take out the new windows in three locations and enlarge the openings to receive bigger windows that would fit the old air conditioners. The agreement was that Navco would provide all the labor free of charge and the customer would pay for the materials. We proceeded to order the windows to do this in good faith and was planning on having the conversion completed during the fall as agreed by all parties including myself and both homeowners. With no further communication the customer posted this false and misleading "F" review after already making a remedy plan with myself. I then called this customer to find out what was going on. At first the husband denied leaving a review but when I mentioned it was in his name he blamed the review on his wife. The windows are already ordered and can not be canceled at this point. These customers made this remedy plan with me and both the husband and wife agreed to move ahead as planned and shook my hand and thanked me.

05/29/2020

Rachel S.

The team from NAVCO was excellent. Rob was our initial contact, and he was great at communicating throughout the process. The team provided options and we selected what we thought was best for us, there was no up-selling or pressure. We had gotten estimates from 3 companies, and felt the NAVCO price was fair and reasonable. On the day of install, they brought a large crew and the work was done quickly and neatly. They cleaned up as they went along and before they left, sweeping up any debris and wiping down the installed windows. It was one of the best experiences that I have had with a local contractor in the area. We would not hesitate to recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Replaced all windows in a 1930s house

Work Completed On 10/18/2019

Thanks for the review. We are glad you enjoyed the project. Please let us know if we can ever be of further assistance. Joe Navco

10/09/2019

Elaine H.

The salesman was helpful with our quote but the price was a bit steep. When we negotiated on the price, offering a fair counterprice, the owner was unwilling to budge initially. He then offered a counter that we realized after the fact wasn't even as good as the coupon they have in the local flyer. We were not impressed - what we were asking for in our negotiations was not far off the advertised sale price so to give us less than the advertised price discount would have been was an insult.

Description of Work
Replacement windows

Work Completed On 10/09/2019

As a response to this review I will say the following: - All of our jobs are priced fairly based upon the scope of the project and existing conditions. We do not play pricing games like many of our competitors. Once we come out to do a free estimate our project manager looks over everything on the project and calculates a price. We take all available discounts and promotions to determine our best price before submitting to the customer. At that point the customer has the option to say yes or no. Sometimes like in this case a customer will want to wheel and deal with us. We normally just explain that is not how we do business. In this case the customer was demanding we lower our price to fit their budget. In our effort to try and resolve the issue we did offer to lower the price a little. In the end we were unable to bridge the gap with this particular customer. After many years working in this area I can say with full confidence that our pricing is not high. We generally fall in the middle of the line of pricing but on top of quality. The reasons why we are a little more expensive than some of our cheaper competition is because we use no subcontractors and our employees are paid a living wage with benefits. We also offer better products and better warranties. The end result is a better project outcome for our customers. Thanks for reading.

08/03/2019

Meggan K.

When we decided to replace our aged picture window with a bay window, we went to home shows and got a variety of quotes and spoke with many different companies in the area. We chose Navco because they weren't the cheapest or the most expensive, but they seemed the most straight-forward and willing to answer questions. They also quoted us to fix the overhang on our front porch, and since both prices were reasonable, we elected to have them do both sets of work. We put in a down-payment, and were told it would be 10-12 weeks for the window to arrive. At week 11 and a half we got a call from them to schedule the service. Everyone who worked at our house, over a full day and a half, was friendly, and when they encountered some unexpected issues during the window replacement (old houses - yeesh!) they dealt with them, and didn't screw us over on the final bill, even though they'd had to bring in more guys for an extra half-day that wasn't part of the original quote. We're very happy with the window and with our new front porch, and we'd definitely recommend them to anyone who needed service.

Description of Work
Replace picture window with bay window and re-build front porch overhang

Category roofing, replacement windows

Work Completed On 08/03/2019

Thanks for the review. We are glad you enjoyed the project. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. Joe Navco

11/16/2018

gina D.

The original work at first seemed fine. Job finished a few weeks before we left for Florida. Upon return we found nails coming out of the siding, pieces of siding fell off the roof areas. Called them in June, sent rep out said they would fix. Emailed, texted, called all summer and early fall. Always the same answer, they would be out to fix. Nothing has been done, calls not being returned. They took our money, and quite a bit of it with no problem. They DO NOT stand by their work. Very disappointed. Expected some level of integrity from this company. Would not recommend.

Description of Work
Siding, windows and gutters

Category gutter repair, siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 11/08/2018

Review for Navco - 636 second avenue, Troy, NY - 37563896

Hi [Member Name Removed]. I'm very sorry you feel disappointed with how the servicing of your project was carried out. We do strive to be the best exterior renovation company in the Capital District. So other people that see this understand what is going on I would like to explain a few key things. You are located on top of a mountain in the Catskills in the far reaches of where we would even consider preforming any contracts. When you contacted us and our estimator named Rob M. came out to your home he let you know that if we were to do the project there would definitely be delays with both the installation and any necessary servicing of your project due to the fact that your location is over 1.25 hours from our office in Troy. Rob was told by you that due to your location you were finding it extremely difficult to find a good company to do the necessary work to your home. When Rob first told me about your project I mentioned my reservations with him about even doing the project due to the location but he told me what nice people you were and about the difficulties you were facing trying to find a contractor so I let the project move forward. Once the contract was signed I personally came out to look at the job and confirm all of the measurements to order the materials. While I was there I again made 100% sure that both you and your husband were notified that you live in an area we do not normally service but we would be willing to make an exception to help you get your project completed. I also mentioned that being high on a mountain it was possible with the high winds that some services may become necessary and if that was the case we would try to set them up when we were on other jobs that would make it closer for us to get to your location. I explained that you would have to be patient if you wanted us to do the project and you assured me that our arrangements were fine and you were happy you found someone to complete the project. As far as the service in question: when you notified us of your issues we immediately within a week had Rob come out to take a look. He found a few lose pieces of siding and one nail protruding from the home. He let you know that while it needed to be serviced it was not an emergency and the next time we had a crew out close to your way we would send the truck over to make the necessary repairs. The issues with the siding were due to extreme high winds at your location on top of a mountain. Rob said you were Okay with us coming out when we were next nearby as long as it got fixed. As promised the next time we were nearby we sent the truck over and made the repairs. While the service was not preformed in the normal lighting fast response time you would get in our main service area it was completed as promised. In conclusion I would just like to say that we do 100% stand behind all of our work including yours and we have delivered 100% of what we told you from the beginning. As a result of undertaking your project the lesson we have learned is that we will no longer be completing project in your area or that far from our office so we can better meet our customers expectations. I again apologize for your feeling disappointed. Sincerely,

07/13/2018

Thomas S.

Contractor politely declined to provide an estimate for such a small job.

Description of Work
Install a storm door.

Work Completed On 07/13/2018

Thanks. Sorry we could not be of assistance on your project. Joe Navco

06/27/2018

Jen G.

Very happy from the beginning. Rob and Joe at NAVCO answered all my questions regarding the install of our new windows. I would recommend NAVCO and am planning to use them again to replace all my windows. The day of the install, the installers were professional and kept my home clean and tidy while they worked. They spent time explaining how the windows functioned and also took time to install them properly. I'm also happy with the quality of the windows as well. Very satisfied with my overall experience with NAVCO.

Description of Work
Installation of 5 new windows

Work Completed On 06/25/2018

06/25/2018

Ann H.

From the beginning of the project to the end it was a very positive experience. Rob, the sales person was not pushy and was very personable. I met Rob at the Home Show in Clifton Park in March 2018 as I was looking to replace all my windows which were almost 40 years old. He came to the house to discuss my options and to measure, giving me a price. I knew what it should cost me and he was right on target with what I wanted to pay. I went with the Polaris windows after researching the brand online and was pleased with what I read. Joe, the owner came by the beginning of May to re-measure for accuracy. The windows and patio door (with blinds inside) were installed on June 20th and 21st. The crew came on time and were very efficient and never left the premises, not even for lunch! They lunched at the site. Joe inspected their work throughout the day. Mark and Dave were the workers on site and they were wonderful. They were very professional and courteous and did an excellent job. They cleaned up everything so well that you wouldn’t even know they were there. I also asked at the last minute if they could replace the framing around my outside garage door in the back and it was no problem for them. Thanks, Joe for okaying it! Great service all around and I love my new windows. If anyone should ask me about a recommendation for window installation I would highly recommend NAVCO. Thanks guys, I truly appreciate that you made this experience easy. P.S. Thanks, Rob, for convincing me to go with the black shutters! I love them!

Description of Work
New windows and patio door for entire house

Work Completed On 06/20/2018

Review for Navco - 636 second avenue, Troy, NY - 37182432

06/21/2018

Amanda V.

I cannot praise this company enough. During my estimate with Rob, he walked around the house with me to show me what needed done, explain the process, and make suggestions. He was the only one out of three estimates to actually do this. By the next morning he emailed me detailed estimates with each additional option broken down to show how much it would add onto the total. Joe, the owner, was the one who came to take the second measurements of the windows. He also walked around the property to get an idea of the work that was going to be done. About a month later, Joe called and asked if they would be able to start work the following Wednesday. On Wednesday the crew replaced 15 of our windows and got pretty much the bottom half of the house sided. The following day, they removed and closed in a window in the kitchen that we wanted gone. Both days they were inside you couldn’t tell they had been there. They did a tremendous job cleaning up. Mark (I’m terrible with names, so I hope that’s correct) gave me a little demonstration of the windows to make sure I knew how to open them to clean, use the child locks, and most importantly how to pop the sashes out if there were a fire and we had to get out (I specifically asked this and he showed me how easy it would be to get them out). The owner worked with the crew the entire first day they were here and Rob stopped in to see how things were going about every other day. They started on Wednesday and finished the following Wednesday, working through a very rainy morning one day and a very, very hot day on another day. Each day they did a great job cleaning up so nothing was in the way too much. The crew really went above and beyond what was needed for the job. Our house has a rounded doorway and a rounded “garden gate”. Rob had said they probably wouldn’t be able to do the inside of the gate, and I said I was fine to paint it. But, they were able to get it completely sided inside and around the arch so it matches the house. They are very good at what they do. Finally, and I can’t praise this enough, the group of men that worked on our house were so friendly, kind, and polite. I have two toddlers that were very into all of this work going on. Every time we were outside, they would talk to my daughter (which thrilled her) and every morning when she was watching them get set up from the windows, if they walked by they said hello or good morning to her. Every night at dinner all she did was talk about “the guys”. The professionalism and talent of Joe, Rob, and their entire company is above the rest. I will be recommending Navco to anyone who needs work done on their house.

Description of Work
Install replacement windows, side house, side garage, remove a window, and install new gutters

Category gutter repair, siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 06/21/2018

Review for Navco - 636 second avenue, Troy, NY - 37176400

05/10/2018

Mark K.

The entire process was a breeze. Rob came to our house and measured the windows and door and we discussed what we wanted done. After agreeing to a price and a plan of action, Joe, the owner of the company, came to measure again. Remember, measure twice and cut once! When the windows were ready we made a date for the install. They arrived on time and put aside three days to complete. Joe, and his crew leader Mark, were wonderful to work with. The entire job ended up taking only two days. All 4 of the guys were great workers.The windows and trim are installed perfectly and the clean up was amazing. You'd never know they were here. If you are having any work of this kind done do yourself a favor and give NAVCO a call.

Description of Work
We had 17 windows removed and 17 new windows installed as well as a back entrance door removed and a new door,sill,kick plate, everything replaced.

Work Completed On 05/08/2018

01/04/2018

Nichole G.

Joe and his team were wonderful. From start to finish they were prompt, professional, and such a joy to do business with. The widows look amazing! I am so happy with them and look forward to having the rest of my windows replaced. Thank you so much!

Description of Work
Navco installed five new widows in our home.

Work Completed On 01/04/2018

01/01/2018

Kathryn C.

NAVCO was one of the 3 companies we brought in to quote us for the work. Right from the first meeting with Rob, NAVCOs salesman, we knew they were a cut above the rest. Rob was very friendly, informative and patient with our many questions throughout the process. Another thing that we felt set NAVCO apart, was that their owner, Joe, is actually on site for all the projects and oversees/works with the crew while they do the work. This was huge for us and the quality and professionalism that was provided to us was out of this world. Close to 20 windows were removed, and new ones installed in less than 2 days. NAVCO properly insulated open window cavities where weights once were, reinstalled all window trim, caulked inside and capped all windows outside. It really looks like these windows were original with the house (house built in 1925). Joe and his crew of 2 workers (who have been with Joe for a number of years) didn't miss one detail when going through the project. They cleaned as they went, kept their language professional and didn't once complain or bring up any issues that they may have encountered. When talking with my spouse after the job was complete, we discussed how nice it was to have NAVCO come in and treat the project like they were working on their own house. They did exactly what they said they would, in the time line they provided and did it with great professionalism, detail and finished it to satisfied completion. We were so satisfied that we will be calling them again in the spring to look at a gutter/roof issue (that I showed Joe while he was on site) along with a possible backdoor replacement. 100% recommendation, don't waste your time calling anyone else to do windows for you, this company is the best around and its not even close.. Thanks Joe and your team for a job well done!!

Description of Work
Our home had original single pane windows that we wanted to replace. NAVCO provided us with close to 20 windows in our entire home.

Work Completed On 12/04/2017

Review for Navco - 636 second avenue, Troy, NY - 36715394

10/05/2017

Alexis R.

The job went very well. The windows look beautiful and the trim work on the new windows was amazing. The stain color matched the wood that was already there perfectly. They were very neat and professional.

Description of Work
We had Navco install 9 Andersen casement windows in our house.

Work Completed On 10/02/2017

09/04/2017

Phil K.

Navco would have probably been a better experience depending on which worker was sent to do the work. In the beginning Rob was great and the price was very reasonable. As the work began a new soffit was suggested for an additional $1600. Long story short, when the work was completed the gutter leaked behind them everywhere they were installed. They came back to fix that which fixed 95% of that problem. The new soffit was installed using the old wavy j-channel. So the result is a new wavy in some spots soffit. When the worker came back to fix the problem areas he had an attitude claiming he did not like this job from the start and that the work was not done right in the first place. Not what you want to hear after spending over $4000. We would have done things right this time if they were also brought to our attention. I am writing this review only because I did not get any response from the owner when I complained about that one particular worker. Makes me feel like a was a got paid and done job.

Description of Work
Facia Replacement and New Gutters.

Category gutter repair

Work Completed On 08/24/2017

08/18/2017

Rosemary M.

Rob was very helpful, patient and courteous while we made our decisions before signing the contract. Joe, the owner, and his crew, Mark and Donny were superb. They answered any questions we were concerned with and their workmanship was outstanding. We would highly recommend Joe and his business to anyone.

Description of Work
We had new siding, windows, door with side light and storm door installed by NAVCO.

Category siding, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 08/07/2017

07/10/2017

Michael S.

I had a confirmed order for 4 Polaris UltraWeld highly efficient Energy Star Rated Windows(.18 U-Factor) on 5/4/2017. WITHOUT NOTIFYING ME, 4 Polaris ThermaWeld Plus significantly less energy efficient windows(.24 U-Factor) were substituted in the order because the original windows were no longer carried by NAVCO. Had I been notified, I would not have approved the changed order because of the energy efficiency reduction. I noticed the substituted windows during installation on 6/28/2017.The owner indicated the similarity between the original and substituted windows. The owner apologized for the confusion, but still I was not notified of the change. Due to my purchasing experience, I can not recommend NAVCO at this time.

Description of Work
Replace 4 windows.

Work Completed On 06/28/2017

04/26/2017

Harriet B.

The estimate was very good and the were very responsive to what I wanted. When they took the windows out they gouged some of the wood and now I have to fill and paint it. The workers were very good. The owner and two workers came out to do the windows and trim work.

Description of Work
They came out to replace 18 windows and trim.

Work Completed On 04/03/2017

04/14/2017

Annika K.

When he came to collect the money he told me to get any necessary permits on my own. I asked him to write the names of the permits I needed on the contract and he said I would have to figure that out myself. He instructed me to research building permits and then to get a parking permit for his guys to park in front of my house for 1 day since there is no off street parking. He said if he had to go get the permits it would be an additional $100. I told him I didn't have time to research permits and this is not my area of expertise. He rolled his eyes and said he always has the customer do their own permits so he didn't know which ones were needed. I told him I really needed a contractor who would do the job from beginning to end. He rolled his eyes again. It's a sign of a really bad contractor when they tell you to do their job for them.

Description of Work
Gave an estimate for soffit and fascia "repair" for less than 18 feet of length for $2660. When I asked if this was repair or replacement he then said it was "replacement." There is a big difference.

Category siding

Work Completed On 04/14/2017

12/12/2016

Steve V.

Great. Joe and his team did exactly when he said he would do. Very professional and courteous. I checked with 3 other contractors, but the 5 year installation warranty is what made up my mind for me. I worked form the house the day of installation and the first impressions from how these guys worked I could tell I had hired professionals. Again Great Job. Steve.

Description of Work
Replaced 14 Windows.

Work Completed On 12/01/2016