R. Dana Pest Control

Founded 1967 • With Angi since July 2010

272 N Liberty Dr

Tomkins Cove, NY 10986

Owner Richard Effaldana has a vested interest in providing honest, reliable, professional and cost effective solutions for your problems because we have children and pets too! At Dana Pest Control we provide residential, commercial, institutional and municipal clients with comprehensive pest management services. In addition, we offer our scent detection services for both termites and bedbugs....

07/14/2020

Susan S.

This was a superb professional service . They called, kept me informed, did the work. I cannot praise them enough!

Description of Work
Groundhog removal

07/10/2020

Howard S.

Unfortunately the groundhog seems to be smarter than us. However, R.Dana keeps working on the issue and I have every confidence that the problem will be successfully completed.

Description of Work
Groundhog removal

05/16/2020

Frank V.

Everything went very well.

Description of Work
Bee and insect spraying.

04/11/2020

Michael S.

they called me on 3/27 and was supposed to inspect and give me an estimate. they never got back to me.

Description of Work
set up bird abatement lines on my roof

Category animal removal

I apologize sir, however you must be confusing our company with another as we have no records of you ever reaching out to us or vice versa. In fact your location is 2 hours away and well out of our service area. We dont have your information in the comouter and you have never reached out to me on this site. Rating an F irresponsibly is hurtful to the pride and integrity of my grandfathers legacy and would ask you please remove. Again there is no record of us conducting business and i take all the leads myself. I wish you luck in your bird removal i have a company in your area i can recommend if you need

03/17/2019

Robert F.

Squirrels entered attic by chewing through the wooden gable vent, leaving a gaping hole. Technician installed a one-way door over this vent, which allowed the rodents to leave when they needed water or food, but prevented them from re-entering. This process worked as explained, and after a week, the technician removed the one-way door and installed a heavy metal mesh screen over the vent from inside the attic, to prevent any further intrusion by these tree rats. Wish I'd checked Angie's List first as I was unaware that this vendor offered a 5% coupon for members. Overall, I was very impressed and satisfied with this company's services. Their technicians are very polite and helpful. The work is also guaranteed for one year, which is reassuring. I would recommend their services without hesitation.

Description of Work
Squirrel removal in attic

Category animal removal

07/24/2017

Cindy B.

Ants not successfulky exterminated. Twice requested home visit for mice again, never received a call back for an appointment. Had been under annual contract for two years

Description of Work
Mice and ants

Category pest control

I am terribly sorry for your disappointing experience. Not getting a phone call back is completely unacceptable, please feel free to email me directly at Danapest3 at gmail.com if you ever hAve an issue in the future. I will have my office call you immediately as soon as they come in today. Additionally I will add in a note to take off 10% on your next renewal as your business is very important to us. We have been very overwhelmed but it's not an excuse to not get back to you I will handle the break in communication personally and we will do everything we can to get rid of your ants and make sure you are satisfied. Steve Dana Dana Pest Control UPDATE: after investigation into the break of communication we have found that through our phone services that you have not contacted us at all and that we haven't done any work for you at your home in a year. Are you sure you we're calling the right company?

06/12/2017

Stephanie G.

So far the bees are gone

Description of Work
Carpenter bees were attacking my house. They sprayed then came back about two weeks later and sprayed again.

05/26/2017

Eleonor A.

05/05/2017

Susan R.

Norman assured me by phone that it was too early for termites and identified the insect from my description and said there was no reason to eradicate . He suggested I send a picture in order to confirm. All was done by email and there was no charge. He even suggested that he could do a site visit but it would be a waste of my money. He was very honest and I would definitely contact him in the future.

Description of Work
I contacted Dana about suspected termites.

02/23/2017

SONDRA C.

02/01/2017

DEANNA S.

12/28/2016

Isabel D.

We reached out to Dana Pest Control because we had noticed some moisture spots coming through our ceiling which was the result of some animal in our attic. I had called in the morning and spoke to Steve Dana and explained the situation and he was very polite and professional and explained what may be causing the moisture. He advised that his guy, Fred, who has over 18 years experience dealing with animal control, was on another job, but would stop by our home before going to his next job. Fred came exactly at the time Steve told me he would! Talk about punctual. Fred informed my husband that he had previously been at our home over ten years ago prior to us moving there. Fred was very thorough and examined the exterior, interior and attic. He explained the situation in detail and didn't charge us for some foam repellent he put on outside or the inspection. We will definitely use this company in the future should the need arise. We are very pleased with the service they provided to us! Thank you Dana

Description of Work
Pest removal/control

12/28/2016

Ethan D.

It went great!

Description of Work
I had a pest problem in my attic, possibly squirrels or some other large rodent which was causing damage to the floors. I contacted R. DANA Pest Control and they immediately sent an experienced Inspector over to my home. The Inspector was honest, knowledgeable and thorough in his examination of my home. After concluding that the damage to my ceiling was done from an animal which had since died or left my home, he none the less sprayed some foam to block a potential entry point. He did not charge for his services and was very honest and up front about the problem. I would definitely recommend.

10/28/2016

Sue B.

Steve arrived with Lucy exactly at the time of our appointment and gave me clear instructions on how to create the least distraction for Lucy as she did her job. Lucy was both efficient and adorable, and Steve was very professional and informative. It was all over in about 20 minutes. I would call Dana again in a second if I had any concern about bed bugs.

Description of Work
Brought Lucy, the dog, to my apartment to search for evidence of bed bugs. (There were none, thank God)

Category pest control, apartments

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed]! trust me, Lucy and I hogged all the pleasure in serving you and providing peace of mind clearing your apartment! She definitely has her adorable moments but mostly just a troublemaker!! haha I hope you keep us in mind for ALL your pest needs and from my family to yours, we thank you for your business :) Happy Holidays! Steve Dana & Lucy Dana Pest Control

09/26/2016

John G.

Awesome. Very professional

Description of Work
Pest detection using Lucy the dog

Category pest control

Thank you Mr. [Member Name Removed]! it was a pleasure serving you, after almost having a heart attack being greeted by your dog who is the size of a horse! haha seriously though, Lucy and I were happy to help you and your exterminator evaluate the severity of the problem so it could be handled effectively and save on costs! We here at Dana Pest Hope you sleep tight! and thank you for your business! Happy Holidays, Steve & Lucy Dana Pest Control

05/09/2016

Aldo Q.

Discourteous office representative. Aggressive sales tatics, pressure to signup for unneeded long-term contract.

Description of Work
Phone inquiry to re-institute service.

Category pest control

Im sorry you had a bad experience with our office staff however im a bit confused as we dont offer binding long term contracts.. please allow us a chance to redeem ourselves with the season change coming i will provide a 10% discount to any bee or ant service you call in with the promo code i have sent to you. Again i apologize for your previous experience and hope your next one is significantly more accommodating

01/29/2016

Rita F.

Description of Work
On a monthly contract with them for years. They check house and especially basement area for any type of rodents. Ants, bees etc. Have made suggestions so now my basement gets no rodents at all for a long time. Will continue my yearly contract with Dana Pest Control as they are very professional.

01/15/2016

Maureen C.

05/05/2015

P. B.

No mice and got ants from the start (3 years), or longer. Time passed too fast. They are great.

Description of Work
Mice coming in from outside and ants on porch.

03/21/2015

Ben B.

On time and same person who has come before so he knew exactly what to do. The process they created works well.

Description of Work
Sprayed and put pellets in house to prevent centipedes.

02/17/2015

Raphael O.

I have been using them for about ten years. They come out monthly for four buildings and as needed during the summer. They pricing is very reasonable for the areas they cover. They call in advance for the appointment and always arrive within their time frame. Overall, they do a magnificent job.

Description of Work
They provide interior and exterior pest control. They treat for ants, bees, wasps, field mice, moles, and a large multitude of other pests.

Philomena D.

I have been using their services for about ten years now and have had a contract with them for four. They come out routinely. If I ever have a problem in between, they will come right out. They are very good and they do an excellent job!

Description of Work
They provide both interior and exterior pest control services. They come out quarterly for the exterior for ants and bees and treat the interior as needed.

Courtney D.

I have been using heir services for many years. They are very responsive and punctual. They have been terrific and great overall.

Description of Work
They provide both interior and exterior pest control services.

Ben B.

I have been using them for about five years now. They come out routinely every three months. They are responsive. They have been very good.

Description of Work
They provide both interior and exterior pest control treatments.

05/10/2012

Paul C.

They didn't come here, and I did it myself. I just talked to them and told them my issues, and they gave me some product and I used that. They instructed me how to use the product and said that it would resolve my issues, and if it did not, then I should go back to them. The information they gave was free, and they charged me only for the product. They didn't seem to make extra money, and the powder they gave worked well.

Description of Work
I used Dana Pest Control to buy some product in the form of a powder for pest control.

NJ Pest Control LLC.

We are full service pest control services , we provide guarantees on all of our work, we accept credit, debit, checks and cash. We are proud to be the chosen contractor to support the customers of many pest control operators in Florida, New Jersey and New York. We leverage our own patented system with strong backgrounds in construction to solve wildlife issues quickly and affordably.

Garrie Pest Control

Garrie Pest Control is a Full service pest control company which has been providing state-of-the-art pest control to the Tri-State area for over 40 years. We are one of a select group of companies authorized to provide the Sentricon* System which totally eliminates termite colonies using ounces of low toxicity pesticide.

Offers by Garrie Pest Control  on Angi
    G-Man Exterminating & Pest Control

Welcome to G-Man Pest Control. Providing our customers with full pest control services for 2 generations. Feel Free to email us as well at: gmanpestcontrol@aol.com

Apartments
    C3881484

We offer services for... Bedbugs - Mosquitos - Rats - Mice - Nuisance Wildlife - Ants - Flies - Spiders - Fleas - Ticks - Stink Bugs - Roaches - Bees (stinging insects) - Moths - Beetles - Crickets - ...and other invaders.

We only offer K9 scent detection services outside of Rockland & Westchester Counties. Pest treatments not offered in Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island, Long Island, Manhattan & Connecticut.