Van Derhoof Roofing Co Inc

Founded 1939 • With Angi since June 2007

145 Ainsley Dr

Syracuse, NY 13210

Van Derhoof Roofing has been the industry leader in Central New York since 1939. A family run company now in our third generation, Van Derhoof Roofing prides itself on our service, dependability, no matter the size of your roofing job. Our reputation is based on these philosophies that we practice every day. Our qualified staff and factory trained, master roofing applicators will get your job done right and put your worries to rest. We look forward to helping you will all of your roofing, siding, trim, and gutter needs. Additional email -hoofroof@aol.com. Award winning....

08/23/2022

Dave D.

We were delighted to discover the individuals managing the sales as well as the installation were the same ones who provided excellent services in our previous two experiences - spanning more than 20 years. Again, we were impressed with every aspect of the experience. You may find a lower price contractor but in no way will they provide the experience, professionalism and outstanding service this wonderful company does routinely.

Description of Work
We needed to replace our roof at a condo we purchased 6 years ago. In the past we've had two occasions where we needed roof replacement at our previous homes. Each time we used Van Derhoof and both times the experience was remarkably positive, so we went with them again.

Category contractors, roofing

08/17/2021

Matthew L.

Do not waste your time. It took me multiple attempts for someone to even call me back to schedule a quote. Once I finally was able to get ahold of someone, I already had two quotes from two other companies. Once someone finally came over, I was told that work would not be able to start until a year later. After the examination of the roof, I was told I’d receive a quote within 24-48 hours. Without any update, I reached out a week later – no response. The following day I reached out again – no response. Here we are over two weeks from the inspection of the roof and not a single reply or message. With the numerous roofing companies in the area, you would think customer service would be their top priority. Highly disappointed.

Description of Work
Installation of a new roof

08/23/2020

Tom B.

the job went well It took two days. They made sure the roof was leak proof before leaving for the day. They also did a great job cleaning up after their work was completed. The quality of work was excellent

Description of Work
Replace a large section of roof

06/01/2019

Darlene L.

I just wanted management of the company to know why they lost not one but two potential customers. Requests for estimates went out to multiple companies. All the others replied in no more than a day & we had 2 estimates done before even hearing from Van Derhoof. They said they couldn't come out until Monday of the following week. I called at the end of the week, spoke to a woman in the office, asked if the estimator could come Friday or Saturday since my neighbor & I had to make a decision that weekend. I was informed that his schedule was booked days in advance so Monday was the soonest he'd be at our houses. I asked if she could contact him to see if it might be possible due having 2 potential jobs on the line. Nope, Monday was it. When I informed her that, due to OUR schedule, then I wanted to cancel the estimate, I was amazed when she said "Okay". No "I'm sorry", "Let me check on that", just a flat OKAY. That left a perception in my mind, which my neighbor agreed with, that this company is inflexible & too busy to work with potential & then actual customers. Obviously since they're the big boys in Syracuse, they must like to call the shots from initial contact on. Mine left a very bad taste in my mouth. Too bad we never made it further along the process to see if the first impression could have been changed.

Description of Work
New roof (mine & neighbor's)

09/03/2018

lang H.

Drew, Andy, Ed, and Ralph were awesome to work with, very professional. Glad I picked this team; there were many that came by. Drew’s crew came everyday prior to 7am, and clean up every night prior to leaving. Drew is an excellent leader, he is very meticulous, and knows exactly what he is doing. Best of all, he is very patient with me, taking the time educating me about roof installations, reviewing procedures. I sense that he is genuinely concern about my concerns. we love our new roof! [*** Link removed ***]

Description of Work
new roof installation

Thank you very much [Member Name Removed] for the kind words. Yes, we agree Drew has many fine qualities that make him a huge asset to this company. Your roof looks great! Thanks again. The Van Derhoof team

05/10/2018

Max R.

Van Derhoof did a great job replacing our roof. Very professional and safe crew. A couple of siding shingles were damaged during installation that they replaced at no cost and some flashing leaked during a rainstorm that was quickly repaired at no cost. Great service!

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Category gutter repair, roofing

Thank you very much [Member Name Removed]. We're glad to hear you're satisfied.

01/10/2018

Susan A.

Called on Monday late afternoon and & explained that I had leaky ceilings due to the mass amounts of snow and ice that had fallen over the past couple of days. Told him that I knew that they must be busy, but did they have any time available? They were able to get there the next day and remove huge amounts of snow and ice and prevent any more indoor damage. Very satisfied with their work. Would hire again.

Description of Work
Ice Removal from roof

07/21/2017

Joanne C.

Unbelievable. The protection they set up for my landscaping was incredible.. Nothing was amiss. The workers were friendly and polite. The job was excellent. I highly recommend them to anyone needing roof an gutters. It's easy to understand why they are considered the best by people in construction.

Description of Work
New roof and new gutters

05/26/2017

Carol A.

It was about 20% more than the people that we went with. I know they do excellent work and they have a good reputation but they were simply more expensive. Responsiveness was fine.

Description of Work
They gave us an estimate for roofing.

04/19/2017

Bob W.

My experience was quite good but they haven't done work for me. They were very punctual. They came right when they were suppose to. They were very professional. The estimate was very thorough.

Description of Work
They did give me an estimate for roofing.

11/28/2016

Nicholas R.

They were quick, thorough and with high quality results

Description of Work
Fascia replaced and roof vent repaired

11/14/2016

Heather and Scott T.

Team was professional, hard working, courteous and knowledgeable. Took the time to do things right. Amazing GAF system used. Clean up amazing. Highly recommend! You get what you pay for!

Description of Work
New roof - old roof still had original one underneath.

11/03/2016

Clifford C.

Top-notch work on a large, complicated project.

Description of Work
New roof, remove chimney, replaced shakes on sides of dormers.

11/02/2016

Zettie Y.

I made an appointment for an estimate and the representative never called or showed up.

Description of Work
No work was done because the representative never showed up to give me an estimate.

Category gutter repair, roofing

I have since talked to [Member Name Removed]and it was a misunderstanding on our part. One of my salesman has re-scheduled with her. All is good! Chip Van Derhoof

10/23/2016

susan S.

All crew on time-appropriate language. Worker finished when promised & debris removed.

Description of Work
New roof & seamless gutters installed.

09/17/2016

John F.

Was out of town. Replaced roof, high quality work. Like they were never there. Everything cleaned up.

Description of Work
Replaced sub roof and rotten plywood.

07/13/2016

Lois D.

Workers were very caring. They settle up every day and at the end of day pick up. Knowledge of the job.

Description of Work
New roof on main house, sun porch and garage plus car port w/structure work too!

06/27/2016

Susan S.

They were able to move the start date up, which was great, were here at 7am worked until 5 pm. nice crew, did a great job, very careful of my entire yard landscaping, did a great cleaned at end of job.

Description of Work
Took off old roof, made repairs where needed and put on new roof.

06/16/2016

Susie B.

Gave us a quote: 4 waits or so later phone call, far job to be done dumpster arrived, 2 days later work was done(weather permitting!) Men were courteous & all was completed in 5 hrs.

Description of Work
New roof.

06/08/2016

Very good work, Very good to work with. Employee are excellent.

Description of Work
New roof installed on home garage and boathouse.

04/21/2016

Maureen M.

Weather delayed the project some. Company called & explained workers were prompt, courteous & efficient, as always. I have used this company multiple times since 1989.

Description of Work
Removed and replace flat rubberized roofing.

04/17/2016

Martha & Christo V.

An A+ company. They do what they say they will do _ on time good clean up, polite workers.

Description of Work
Took off old roofing, repaired damaged wood, installed new roof.

04/06/2016

Beth M.

They came exactly when they said. Cleaned up every day and left the area as they found it. They did what they said they would, and consulted me on any changes before maleing? them. They also fixed an unanticipated problem- no insulation.

Description of Work
Tore off existing roof removed aluminum siding, fixed soffit & fascia, installed new flashing and vent, insulated and re-roofed w/torch down (some) and shingles (some).

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

03/28/2016

Nadine B.

I was very impressed with Van Derhoof Roofing and my sales person, Ed Wright. He listened to all of my concerns very carefully as I was replacing a 5 year old roof due to shoddy workmanship and I had to make sure that this roof was done correctly. He recommended several things to make sure that my roof problems would be corrected, and he stopped by several times while the work was being performed to make sure that everything was being done as it should be and that I was satisfied with the workers performance. I believe that I purchased high quality products (shingles, ice and water barrier, insulation, etc.) and feel confident with the quality of the workmanship that was provided. I would certainly recommend Van Derhoof Roofing and Mr. Wright to anyone who needs a roofing expert.

Description of Work
Installed new roof and insulation.

Category gutter repair

02/23/2016

Phillip T.

I am completely satisfied. It was in a middle of a snowstorm. I could not be more pleased. My experience was excellent. They came right when I called. One of their foremen came out and showed me that there was no problem. I thought I had a water stain on one of my ceilings, but it was not water. It was completely dry. I would absolutely use them again. In fact, I have recommended them to three other people. You get what you pay for. I cannot say enough about the workmen that were here. The owner of the company, the foreman, and everyone employed by them was first class.

Description of Work
Last week, I had a little problem and I had a question about the roofing they did. I called Van Derhoof. They sent a representative up within three, four hours. They just looked at a 3-foot section of my roof. They told me it was alright and showed me where I did not have an issue.

JP's Best Electric

Proudly wiring, lighting, and electrifying Clay NY area homes and businesses since 1986, JP's Best Electric is a trusted and preferred provider of electrical contracting service, electric repair, residential and commercial electrician services, with a specialty in panel upgrades and emergency services. Having been raised in a household of electricians, and been in the electrical service business for over 33 years, you won't find more experienced electricians in the Clay, New York area than right here at JP's Best Electric!

Offers by JP's Best Electric on Angi
    SJR Construction

All exterior construction(roofing,siding, windows etc.) All interior renovations(kitchen, bathrooms, remodeling)

Woods Seamless Rain Gutters

Woods Seamless Rain Gutters is owner operated and focused on quality installation. Our Seamless Rain Gutters will get your home looking great! If you know the footage of the gutters that's a plus as well. give us a call or click for an estimate today!

Offers by Woods Seamless Rain Gutters on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover
    $100

Commercial & residential roofing, storm windows, siding, debris removal, trim and gutter repair & installation. Solar roof panels