Fradon Lock Co Inc

Founded 1966 • With Angi since June 2008

467 Burnet Ave.

Syracuse, NY 13203

14 employees. Owned & operated by Frank Sweet, Don Rapp, and Hope Tucker. Business credit available with approved credit application on file. All major credit cards accepted for service calls. Ask for the new homeowner's 10% discount on rekeying or installation of new locks in your new home purchase by a Fradon Lock service technician. Not valid in store or on prior purchases....

06/27/2018

Ralph L.

Very professional--excellent work and courteous service.

Description of Work
Replace locks

11/30/2017

CAROL S.

Fradon Lock sent a repairman within the hour! He was very professional, diagnosed the problem, made recommendations and disassembled, cleaned and reassembled the lock so it will work while I decide what to do.

Description of Work
My key had stuck in the front door lock. Although I finally removed it, I called to have the lock checked.

10/12/2017

bill C.

Work went well. We were offered a reasonable choice of inexpensive and higher-quality locks. Technicians were punctual, competent, and quick. Only problem was they didn't have the equipment to clean up their sawdust. A cordless vacuum cleaner would be a great addition to their toolkit.

Description of Work
Installing new door locks.

09/27/2017

Joanna B.

They scheduled a service person to come out promptly. Our service person was actually able to come out early and called to arranged it. He was very professional and had good advice concerning the lock on our front door. He quickly re-keyed the locks and provided us with five sets.

Description of Work
Five locks on our new home needed to be re-keyed and we needed five sets.

02/27/2017

Donald T.

Fradon Lock sent a locksmith the same day. He managed to get the safe open, then took apart the mechanism and lubricated everything. They were very quick, knowledgeable and professional and everything is back in working order. Price was very reasonable considering he had to come to the house and spent about 45 minutes working on the safe.

Description of Work
We have a 30 year old safe that we hadn't accessed in a year or two and the dial had become frozen (could barely turn it to enter the combination, and could not get the safe open). Needed to have the safe opened and repaired.

06/20/2016

vince K.

He programmed the fobs fine. I opened them up and saw the keys. He cut these keys for me and charged me, that was fine. When I got home to check the door keys that's when I found out he cut one of the keys with the wrong blank. I drove home and tried using the keys and noticed it was cut wrong. Then I returned back to the store. When I returned the man who waited on me originally said what are you doing back, said you cut the key wrong! After waiting around another guy points at me and said you're next. Told the guy he cut the key wrong. He barks at me and says give them to me. Trying to keep them separate and show the key and it fumbled as I have bad hands, amputated fingers, dropped the key on the counter and called me an a****** and told me to drop the attitude. Then he belittled me once I was able to grab the key and he said "See! I knew you could do it!" I was turning red. I was furious. I said look I don't like you swearing at me. He said "Well, sometimes you gotta talk to a dick that way." All I was trying to do was explain that I didn't throw the key and show him my hands and that's when he called me a dick.

Description of Work
He programmed custom key fobs for my truck and he cut two house keys.

05/13/2016

Shawne S.

They were immediately responsive, arranged to come quickly, came early (which was awesome as I'd told them I had a tight schedule and had to be able to leave for work by 9:15 that morning) and completed the work quickly. The keys worked great and the men who came were friendly and pleasant.

Description of Work
rekeyed my locks after I lost my keys

03/02/2016

Ellen G.

Fradon Locks was extremely responsive. Serviceman was at our home within an hour, worked efficiently. Cost was reasonable for work completed. Would recommend without question.

Description of Work
Rekeyed all locks.

10/13/2015

Mary C.

Employees were punctual and professional. They were efficient and thorough and were considerate about removing their shoes. Responsiveness was excellent - work was done within a few days of my call. The deadbolt on one of our doors didn't work properly and they fixed that without charge.

Description of Work
Re-keyed locks on all our doors to use one key.

07/21/2015

Laurah K.

Perfect. On time, professional and friendly service. Work complete, as expected, and reasonable price. Would use again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
changed locks and replaced broken doorknob

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Visa, Check

Locks rekeyed, repaired, installed, safes opened, moved, repaired, sold, retrofitted with electronic locks, door closers installed, repaired, master key systems, high security key systems, panic devices, electronic locks installed, repaired, interchangeable core systems, safe deposit locks opened, repaired, rekeyed, keyless entry locks including card & digital access, intercoms, cctv, covert cameras, foreign & domestic auto lock out, replacement keys, ignitions, door locks & remotes.

Install home or business alarm systems & car alarms.