Expert Chimney Services Inc

Founded 1979 • With Angi since July 2007

4800 McDonald Rd

Syracuse, NY 13215

Established in 1979 our full time CSIA certified chimney sweeps and masons offer complete chimney service including video inspection, cleaning, minor and major restoration and relining of all types of chimneys. We also specialize in pre-purchase inspections for real estate transactions for home buyers. Our hearth shop also features industry leading brands of stoves and fireplace inserts both wood and gas burning....

08/21/2021

Lisa H.

I thought the work was fine. I paid $2450. Not long after work was done I could see new long cracks. I called immediately. I was told by the owner that the new cracks were "not a problem", and that he "absolutely guaranteed" the chimney. Really? Were the original cracks that needed reparging for $2450 "not a problem"? What did I pay them for? Didn't matter because nothing was done anyway. A couple of years later the company called me (wanting to get some business) to make a pitch for cleaning the chimney. I told them no, that I was not happy with the cracks and did not want any further service. The employee was surprised, apparently told the owner and he wrote me a letter. He wrote "these cracks are show up in 50% of parging projects we do and are strictly cosmetic". He wrote that "they are not a structural threat to the long term stability of the job, so we leave them alone". He said "he would be happy to repair them". Really? Nothing was done. Now I called again because water has dripped down the chimney bricks in my living room! Now I was told that was because of a roofing issue, not the chimney. They recommended a roofing company. I call the roofer, he came, he climbed up and checked the roof and chimney. He said "the chimney has a DEEP SERIOUS CRACK. I again called the chimney people and told them what the roofer, that they recommended, had said. I was told that a man would be sent over to inspect it. THAT WAS A MONTH AGO. AGAIN, NOTHING DONE.

Description of Work
exterior of chimney was cracked and needed to be "reparged"

11/06/2019

Dominic G.

I sent a request through Angie's list for a quote on September 16, 2019 and never received a call or email or any kind of response. Not a good way to do business. If you were too busy or not interested, if you are really a professional, you should have contacted me. At this point in time, don't bother because I would not hire you anyway.

Description of Work
Replace chimney flues and chimney cap as well as re-pointing bricks

Category chimney sweep,chimney caps

We do not book appointments through Angie’s list Only by contacting our office directly 3154695004 Sorry for any confusion

06/26/2018

Georgia S.

They came, took pictures, and said that no repair was necessary.

Description of Work
The chimney needed to be checked to see if it needed repair.

Category chimney sweep,chimney repair

thank you for your review..!

03/14/2018

Richard J.

Raymond was the technician on site and was very thorough, neat and clean, and gave me specific ideas on how to repair the small hairline crack in back of the hearth. I followed his advice and it worked perfectly. He was punctual and the price was reasonable for the services performed. I highly recommend the services of this company.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaning and camera inspection of the flue

01/17/2017

Don L.

Jock and his team are always top notch

Description of Work
Chimney repair, repoint, seal, new top

Category chimney repair

11/21/2016

Ezra G.

They did a very good job and explained the process. Will definitely be using them again for all my chimney issues

Description of Work
Cleaned and sweeped my chimney

Category chimney sweep,chimney caps,fireplaces

11/13/2016

Linda B.

After 3 calls and sending pictures as requested no one called back

Description of Work
Chimney repair

Category chimney sweep,chimney repair

PleSe contact our office directly 3154695004 WE do not book work through Angie’s list communication

09/28/2016

Robin K.

Very well. The technician Matt was friendly and professional and a pleasure to have in my home. I felt the price was a bit high compared to what I have paid in the past, but I guess I'm willing to spend a little more to feel comfortable that the job was done correctly and also to feel comfortable with the person who is working in my home.

Description of Work
chimney swept

09/07/2016

Cindy F.

The chimney sweep was professional, courteous and knowledgeable. It was a pleasure working with this company.

Description of Work
Chimney sweep

09/02/2016

Valarie E.

Excellent work, The workers were civilized and acted like professionals. Very Satisfied with everything

Description of Work
Chimney Repair

Category chimney sweep,chimney caps,chimney repair,fireplaces

Custom Tile Solutions LLC

We are a small business specializing in custom tile installations. We have over 20 years experience and are fully insured. We work with all forms of tile from Ceramic, to Porcelain to Natural Stone. Backsplashes, Floors and showers. You name it, we can tile it. We are an A rated BBB Accredited Company.

Check, Visa, MasterCard

Chimney inspection, repair, cleaning, sweeping, caps, sales of wood & gas heating appliances.