Concepts in Wood of CNY Inc

Founded 1987 • With Angi since August 2010

4021 New Court Ave

Syracuse, NY 13206

CIW is a manufacturer of custom wood cabinetry for every room in your home. We hand pick all woods and cull by grain pattern for uniformity. All assemblly and finishing is done by our experienced craftsmen. CIW can deliver and install your finished project or work with you contractor. We can match items to those already in your home in both style and color. Our goal is for quality in our customer service and in our workmanship. We do not use subcontractors. The same experienced craftsmen that build your quality items are the same ones that will be in your home installing them. We have a group of dedicated workers that all have the same goal to see your expectations exceeded. Through every step of your project our team will work closely with you to assure that your final job is a success. We do kitchens, home libraries, vanities,entertainment centers, dining room hutches, molding, and much, much more. We offer free refacing estimates over the phone, and will come to your home for more in depth pricing. The owner of CIW will sit down with you to discuss all of your options. A visit to our showroom will give you the opportunity to see first hand some of our quality craftsmanship. You will also be able to review your project with our design team and our production crew. A tour of our manufacturing facility is always available if you desire. You choose the wood, the color and the style for all of your projects....

10/29/2015

Joan S.

Description of Work
Refinished 40+ cabinet door fronts/

10/15/2015

Jack P.

Description of Work
Resurfaced our kitchen cabinets. Work was started and completed as planned. Workers showed up early every day and were ready to work by 8:30 am. They were very professional and the cabinet look beautiful.

04/02/2015

M T.

Description of Work
The scope of work included new kitchen and bathroom cabinets and repainting a kitchen island. The whole process took quite a long time. I am very happy with the work done, but negotiating the price was somewhat annoying. I felt like the price kept changing and David was making prices up. On the otherhand, overall I think they are very reasonable for the quality of work. If you stay on top of everything, you will be fine. The cabinets are beautiful, the installers are professional and any little mishaps were taken care of right away. Overall, very pleased.

Category countertops,cabinet refacing

03/11/2015

patricia G.

Description of Work
resurfaced kitchen cabinets as well as constructed custom additions to kitchen area! Project went as planned and anticipated.

08/12/2013

EDGAR M.

The contractors were about 1 hour late for the installation due to a problem at their shop. Both installers were courteous and professional and completed the installation in a timely manner. During the installation, the owner (Dave), stopped in to see how things were going. About 1 week later, I noticed that 1 of the counter tops was a little too short on the front edge; it hadn't been cut/sized properly. I called Dave and he came to the house to see what the problem was. The mis-sized counter top was satisfactorily replaced. I recommend this company.

Description of Work
Contractor installed new laminate kitchen counter tops and back splashes

06/16/2013

David C.

The work took longer than I expected, but was done extremely well. I like these cabinets better than the Wood-Mode ones they were made to match. The dimensions and quality were spot-on. The finish was perfect upon installation, but has darkened some since - attesting to the difficulty of matching 20-year-old finishes. The cost of the same cabinets, without the two extra doors and wine rack, was about $1,000 more from Wood-Mode. Another cabinet maker cost was about the same as Concept's. About 6 months after I replaced the small wine storage unit with a Sub-Zero unit. Concepts made a perfectly matching frame for the door. I'm considering Concepts in Wood for my vanity when I remodel the master bath.

Description of Work
Concepts built two cabinets and a base for a wine storage unit where I removed a desk in my kitchen. They also made two doors to enclosed shelves in the unit above and made a matching wine glass rack, all to my specifications.

Category custom cabinets

03/04/2013

ED M.

The estimate visit and pricing was provided in a timely manner. The work was handled very well and we were pleased with quality of the work and with the professionalism of the installers. We would use them again.

Description of Work
We had the company paint our kitchen cabinet bases and manufacture new doors and drawer fronts.

Category custom cabinets,home remodeling,cabinet refacing

02/22/2013

Dilip B.

I got a quote from him but I haven't done anything yet. Not because of him but because I'm not ready. I want to do my window first and it has to be spring. He got the quote to me within a week or so, very responsive.

Description of Work
I got a quote from Concepts in Wood to for my kitchen in September to replace pantries with rollouts.

Category home remodeling

01/29/2013

Patricia M C.

I love working in my new kitchen!

Description of Work
David and his crew ( I can't forget Linda) went beyond what I had expected in service and personal attention to detail. Prompt and polite, professional and always on time, the finished kitchen is beautiful and a joy to work in. I would highly recommend this company.

Category countertops,cabinet refacing

03/08/2012

Cindy C.

They were prompt, professional, neat and did a great job. We would definitely recommend them.Their price was a little higher but definitely was worth it.

Description of Work
Cabinets in kitchen were restored. The doors and drawers were removed and taken back to their shop where the finish was brought back to its original condition. The cabinet faces were also touched up along with the mopboard and quarter rounds. Exposed cabinet sides were covered with a thin sheet of plywood stained to match to restored color of the doors.

Category countertops,home remodeling,cabinet refacing

09/09/2011

Stacey H.

It went very well. I chose this company because they refaced the cabinets and put in a new countertop in the kitchen of the group home that I supervise. I was impressed by both their finished work, and their professionalism throughout the job. Everyone who I dealt with - from David who measured my kitchen and gave me the bid - to Linda who scheduled the job - to the crew who did the actual work - was very pleasant and easy to work with. They were prompt, and came on time for all scheduled appointments. I love the end products, both at work and at my home.

Description of Work
Concepts in Wood of CNY replaced all my kitchen cabinet doors and drawer fronts, matching them to my existing stain color using oak for the wood. They used soft close mechanisms for the hinges, which I love (you can partially close the door, and it slowly finishes closing on its own). There were 15 upper doors, 9 lower doors, 6 drawer fronts, and 1 false front. They also rebuilt a cabinet (30W x 30H x 12D) where there was just a shelf. They put in a laminate countertop as well, with beveled edges and clipped corners. I had two quotes for this job. Concepts was a little less expensive - and offered more. Plus they had good ideas, including making a cabinet where there was an odd shelf that didn't look good and wasn't real useful.

Category custom cabinets,countertops,cabinet refacing

D.C.R

Woods Brothers

Woods Brothers is a fully licensed and insured remodeling company with over 20 years updating homes of all sizes. Family owned and operated we pride ourselves on offering professional service at a reasonable price. Customer satisfaction guaranteed. No job to big! Contact us to discuss your next remodel project today!

Offers by Woods Brothers  on Angi
    JD Drywall and Construction

JD Drywall and Construction has been in business for 13 years and we are owner operated. Residential Interior and Exterior General Contractor, we can do anything that has to with your house remodels, additions, siding, roofs, foundation, concrete. I feel we stand out from others because we can do anything to do with Residential construction and we care about our customers to the point we will not leave until everyone is very happy with the end product!!!! Please call or click for a free estimate today!

New kitchens. Kitchen refacing. Laundry room cabinetry. Vanities. Mantels. Entertainment centers. Media rooms. Libraries. Moldings. Islands. China cabinets & hutches. Closet systems. Laminate countertops. Built in bookcases.

Granite, quartz & sandstone countertops. Chairs. Plumbing. Electrical.