CNY Drywall

Founded 1989 • With Angi since February 2014

1318 Westcott St

Syracuse, NY 13210

Family owned and operated, we perform all levels of building and remodeling.

07/18/2019

Maria G.

Excellent. He is very tidy and an overall nice guy. I highly recommend.

Description of Work
Mike has painted my ceilings, installed baseboards, and most recently repaired a leaky pipe and patched up drywall ruined from water damage. He also sanded and painted over the repair.

Category drywall, handyman service, interior painters

edward A.

Excellent job and great guy. Would definitely hire again and recommend to others.

Description of Work
Ceiling had water damage. repair ceiling and redo.

edward A.

Was on time for appointment to review work and give an estimate. Gave a fair qoute for job and a timeline for completion. Completed job as specified and cleaned up as though he was never there. Pleasant attitude and answered all questioned honestly. Would definitely hire again. Great job, great work.

Description of Work
Repair of water damage to foyer ceiling.

edward A.

Call CNY Drywall for an emergency installation of a hot water tank. Came over that morning inspected job gave a very fair qoute and picked up the hot water tank and installed same day. Excellent.

Description of Work
emergency installation of hot water tank

Category drywall, handyman service

04/18/2019

Scott T.

Mike did a great job installing my drywall. He was very responsive and started the project right away. He communicated each day so I was aware of everything going on. He was professional and had all the right tools to get the job done with high quality and in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Installed drywall and insulation to about 400sqft of finished basement

03/15/2019

CHRISTINE B.

Excellent. Mike was very professional, worked diligently, and did repairs to our satisfaction. He was easy to discuss issues with as regards what needed to be done. Cleaned area when finished with work. Very pleased with the job done and would hire again.

Description of Work
Repair moldy spot in ceiling; repair large holes in wall.

09/23/2018

Diane G.

Mike is very customer focused and takes great care to ensure you are satisfied with his work. He was very responsive, honored his commitments, did great work and is a very honest person. Additionally, he was very efficient, kept me informed, and was reliable. I am very pleased with the finished basement and would hire Mike again without hesitation. Oh- and his price is very reasonable!

Description of Work
Finishing a basement - drywall, painting, trim, etc.

Category drywall, interior painters, basement remodeling

05/24/2018

amy W.

It went great! Mike is a great guy to work with and did a beautiful job

Description of Work
Remodel of the bathroom, tiled kitchen floor, bathroom floor, hallway and laundry area.

Category handyman service, home remodeling

10/26/2017

danielle P.

Mike was great! He answered on my first call and was at my house within 30 minutes. He finished the kitchen and dining room ceiling in 2 days. Then came back the next week to drywall/cement board the bathroom. Mike is a great guy! I would highly recommend!

Description of Work
Kitchen/dining room ceiling and bathroom drywall.

Category drywall, plastering

09/11/2017

amy W.

Very well, prompt on time and very helpful

Description of Work
drywall, basement after flooding

08/30/2017

Ann S.

Mike came to look at the drywall job a month and a half ago. At that time I asked him if he was interested. I was told "I never turn a job down". He said he would get me an estimate and would be available to start the job in a couple of weeks if I chose to hire him. I called and left a message after three weeks because I had not heard from him and I didn't receive an estimate. To this day I have not heard from Mike. Honesty is always the best policy. If you are too busy or are not interested in the job let the customer know!

Description of Work
My home needed replacement of drywall in basement where new ductwork was installed and several repairs throughout the house.

Category drywall

Customer wanted sheetrock replaced around ductwork and sandpainted ceiling. In [Member Information Removed] ceiling about 6 repairs that need skimmed. I stated. I needed to sandpaint entire ceiling to consistently blend the patches. I didn't take the job as it would of not met my expectations, If I only sandpainted patches.They would of stuck of like a sore thumb on such a low ceiling.I been doing this 20+ years, I know what works and what doesn't.Just didn't want my name on it.

07/21/2017

Craig R.

Great service and excellent communication throughout. Mike was at my house that afternoon and showed me how to prep the area before he came back out to repair the drywall. When he came back for the repair was on time and took his time to make sure the ceiling texture matched the rest of the area. Did a great job cleaning up afterwards and left the job spotless. Will definitely recommend him to anyone looking for an honest handyman!!!!

Description of Work
The upstairs toilet leaked and caused a large stain right on n the middle of the main floor kitchen

Category drywall, handyman service, plastering, home remodeling, interior painters

07/18/2017

Patricia V.

very well and appreciated the communication and professionalism from Michael

Description of Work
drywall holes needed repairing

06/10/2017

debora S.

excellent . good communication, went beyond what i expected, did a beautiful job. Quick and efficient Have recommended to everyone.

Description of Work
patch in drywall ceiling

06/07/2017

Zettie Y.

I was amazed, Mike does great work! When I looked at the ceiling, it looked like it had never been touched. Seamless work because he takes his time and does it right!

Description of Work
We have been having consistent rain fall and high winds, so Mother Nature took her toll on our roof. This caused leaks and a huge part of my daughter's ceiling fell down. So I had Mike replace the installation in her ceiling, sheet rock the whole ceiling in her room, frame out a window, replace a wall, replace installation in my garage, replace part of the ceiling on my back porch, paint and install a ceiling fan.

06/01/2017

tfhjdfh D.

Mike followed up after the initial estimate visit via text which is very convenient. He was very friendly and professional while on site. He was able to complete the project very quickly and made sure I was satisfied with the results before cleaning up. Will definitely hire him again for future work.

Description of Work
Drywall repair and painting in the kitchen area and adjoining hallway

06/01/2017

Doug H.

Roof had leaked and left water damage on the ceiling in my entryway. I had the roof repaired months in advance, and called in Mike of CNY Drywall to handle the water damage to the ceiling. Ceiling is made of plaster. Mike told me he was going to chisel out the sections that had extensive damage and refill them to bring them flush with the rest of the ceiling. Mike did an excellent job, the ceiling looks brand new, and no one would ever guess there was previously water damage, (especially to the extent of the damage) it really does look like a completely new ceiling I had other quotes on the damage/repair and Mike offered me a solution that really fit with my budget and helped me out a great deal, which I'm very thankful for. He asked if I had found him on Angie's list, which I had not, and went on to tell me of a promotion he was running that cost $99 and covers $200 worth of work. This was amazing, and I'm so thankful that he mentioned that to me.

Description of Work
Water damage-ceiling repair

05/23/2017

Patricia M.

The ceiling looks brand new! Not only did Mike completely repair the corner but he texture painted the whole kitchen ceiling so it looks brand new. When I found a little 4 inch section that was damaged when the painting blue tape was removed, he promptly came back out a couple of days later to fix that perfectly. I've already repainted the living room wall & you can't even tell there was any damage. Now to repaint the family room! Mike was polite, on time, upbeat, extremely professional, willing to show me how to repair small dings in the drywall, and did a really great job!

Description of Work
Repair ceiling in kitchen that was damaged by leak before the roof was replaced. Also needed 2 walls repaired from our teens rough housing with each other.

Category drywall, plastering, interior painters

05/19/2017

Amy B.

He was professional and also reasonably priced. He did a great job and we hired him to come back and do more work. He also was able to give a fair estimate on 2 bathrooms and will be doing that soon!! A great, fair, and talented craftsman.

Description of Work
Mike patched our ceiling and put in a new light fixture.

05/07/2017

Pamela B.

Everything went very well. This was the 2nd time that we have hired Mike to do work for us. I wrote a glowing previous review to Angie's list which was never put on the site. Mike is a delight to work with. He aims to please his customers. He is always prompt, courteous and on both occasions finished the job ahead of his time line. His is very neat, pays attention to detail and ensures that he leaves the areas he is working on neat and clean each day. We provided the paint and he supplied all other materials. We would highly recommend Mike and would definitely use him again.

Description of Work
We had 4 rooms plus an entryway/hall taped, caulked, plastered and painted.

Category plastering, interior painters

04/26/2017

Colleen B.

Before going into more detail, I want to first say that we would highly recommend Mike. The quality of his work, his efficiency, his work ethic, his fair prices, his experience, and his generous personality all combine to make Mike a great hire. Prior to starting his work, Mike meet with us several times to talk through the work we wanted done on our second floor. Thanks to Mike’s perspective, we decided to remove some existing built-in closets and a bookcase, which opened up the space a great deal more. Mike also gave us ideas for lighting and other finishes that we probably wouldn’t have thought of otherwise. Being new homeowners, Mike was very helpful and patient in explaining things we weren’t familiar with and helped us better understand the work he would be doing. Once he started the project, Mike worked efficiently, meticulously, and devoted his time to completing our work. Mike stayed in regular communication with us along the way, keeping us updated on his progress and informing us of any complications he ran into. Mike patiently worked with us through several design adjustments we made along the way and was more than willing to accommodate our wishes and to discuss with us different ways to accomplish what we were looking for. Once he was finished with the project, Mike had completely transformed our second floor into a much improved living space and did a great job skim coating our first floor ceilings. We were so happy with Mike’s work that we asked him to do a few more projects for us that we hadn’t originally contracted him for. We would definitely hire Mike for future projects on our house and would recommend that you do the same!

Description of Work
We hired Mike to remove the existing Homasote-type board on the walls and ceiling in our second floor and to replace it with new insulation, new drywall, new trim, and to build new knee walls. We also hired Mike to smooth and skim coat several of our first floor ceilings.

Category drywall, remodeling

03/01/2017

Keith L.

Work was completed on schedule and I was consulted before anything was done that was in question.

Description of Work
Remodeled a 3rd bathroom in my home.

Category drywall, home remodeling

01/13/2017

Meredith D.

Mike was professional with good attention to detail throughout the process. Trustworthy and knowledgeable. His reply to my request to take a look at our job was prompt - he came over the same day I called. He was able to fit our project into his schedule quickly and it was done within a week of our initial contact. Mike was patient and responsive to all the "...would you mind..." comments I made throughout the process. His work is seamless; looks as if it has always been there (exactly what we wanted!!). The attached picture shows after Mike's patching and sand-painting (disregard the four little dots on the ceiling - reflections from my phone's camera). Throughout the process, Mike was kind and gave me helpful pointers as I was continuing with DIY projects in my kitchen re-do. He was great with my two young kids who were in and out during the time he was in our home. The work he was doing was dusty and messy, but Mike was relentless in his clean-up...We were very pleased and thankful for the work he did and would highly recommend him (and have referred him to family and friends)! This was the second sheetrock/drywall work he did in our home (we finished our basement a few years back in 2013 and he taped/mudded for us) - if we had more, we'd certainly call him again.

Description of Work
We removed a wall in our home leaving a gap in our ceiling and an opening at the end of a soffit. We also installed recessed lights and had a large channel cut into the ceiling to access the electrical (the attached pic gives a feel for the openings). Mike repaired the ceiling sheetrock/drywall - placed new pieces/patched, taped, mudded, then sand-painted the entire ceiling from one end of the house to the other.

01/05/2017

Brandi L.

Mike is great! He is very skilled at what he does and has a great personality.

Description of Work
Drywall taping, mudding and sanding for entire first floor of a 1950's home.

11/23/2016

YJ L.

We found Mike on Angie’s List and decided to hire him due to his good reputation even his price was almost twice as much as other quotes we got, we thought it would be worth to have someone who knew what he was doing and did the job right. We asked Mike to relocate our kitchen entry and patch up some of the walls. However, after he finished the work, we questioned him about the wall being narrow and not being aligned with the original walls. We had to call him to fix the wall, he complained and said no one would be able to see the wall not being straight. He did return to fix the wall. During his return, he continued to argue the wall being straight and without any problem. These pictures showed the final product when Mike finished. The width of the wall was fixed but the wall was still not straightened out. In closing, he stated this wall is the straightest wall in this house and if he painted the wall, we wouldn't notice the problem which obviously wasn't true. A week after the work completed, we start seeing cracks. We were so disgusted with the work he did, we decided to hire another contractor to build the wall properly. While rebuilding the wall, we found other problems inside the wall. Some 2x4s were unsecured only attached to the sheetrock and the other was cut too short laid unfastened inside wall. We attached additional pictures showing his work. Mike showed lack professional conduct and made offensive comments about our home and our character while working for us.

Description of Work
Built a drywall

Category drywall

Customer hired me to frame wall in 1960's house and move opening to kitchen entry.Customer had issue with me floating drywall compound from existing plaster.Showed back up 2 days after notified of issue.Tore corner off and leveled and shimmed drywall out to existing plaster.Showed customer using $100 level and framing square everything was fixed.Customer used tape measure on my work...A first in 20 years!!! Customer also wanted estimates for other work,stated I was not interested after using a tape measure on renovations in a 1960's home.Never heard back from customer,only bad review in which I responded as a successful business owner.Customer verbally told me they issues with other contractors who did work at their home.Customer posted photos in review that are not exactly me nor my work!!Something to look into...How many complaints against contractors did this customer file and request refund and post negative review??? If customer still had issues I would of addressed them,therefore hiring someone else or company to touch my work voids all guarantees, warranties and refunds.