C Michael Exteriors Inc

With Angi since January 2012

6075 E Molloy Rd

Syracuse, NY 13211

We are a local, family owned business helping hundreds of families in the Central New York area update their homes for over 10 years. Our staff is composed of true industry professionals and carpenters. We believe that our windows and siding are a solid investment during these hard economic times.

10/25/2022

Kelly G.

Crew that put windows in were good, polite friendly but after work done I need few windows adjusted and trimmed, I've called no reply back, as far as siding crew did a horrible job with trim work they were told about things I didn't like and I was told would be back out they have not returned

Description of Work
Windows and siding

Category gutter repair, siding, replacement windows

05/07/2021

Aleksandra W.

I have called last week to request an estimate for replacing about 14-15 windows and siding. The conversation over the phone went well aside from a little pushy to ask to run my credit report to see if i would qualify for their financing and If i ever had filed bankruptcy. I answered truthfully that i have had in the passed ,years ago but since then my credit has been restored.We have set up a date for them to come up and give me an estimate in a weeks time.I got a phone call today when they ask to confirm tommorows appointment.At the time of the phone call i was informed that they need a "proof" that i have funds secured for the project before they can send anyone to give me their " free estimate".I informed the person on the phone that i have sufficient funds in cash in my bank account and asked what exact proof do they need of that. Apparently my " recent bankruptcy" (4-5 years ago) will not let them come out and give me an estimate. I canceled my estimate and will go with another company. The whole thing definitely left bad taste .

Description of Work
Replace Windows and siding

11/13/2020

David K.

Workers arrived late.Was told 8am, 1st worker showed 9:30, 2nd 11:00 left @ 5:00. 2nd worker showed 11:00 next morning, left 7:00 pm. Was also suppose to do a row of subway tile behind vanity as a back splash. Wasn't done, worker didn't have wet saw to cut tile. Installed piece of surround instead. Damaged wall next to shower. Patched it but didn't offer to repaint it even though I had paint available. A 3rd worker had to 3 days later to install correct shower current rod.

Description of Work
Tub/shower replaced with shower.

Category sharpening, home remodeling, doors

01/08/2020

J G.

Never hired. Had a very strange and uncomfortable conversation when I called to schedule an estimate about if I was married and had authorization to make household decisions. I said I was the homeowner, which should be end of this line of questioning. I didn't feel the rest was pertinent information needed to schedule an estimate, but apparently this company does! The salesman refused to set up an appointment without my husband present (I get most estimates in our household, frequently without him). It was very offputting and seems like a weird way to do business in this day and age. Left a bad taste.

Description of Work
Door replacement

Category replacement windows, doors

After reviewing the recorded call, we feel that our representative tried but failed to explain the importance of information that we obtain. It has been our experience that when we meet with only one homeowner, they usually require a second trip to answer questions that could have been answered during the initial presentation. In order to keep our prices in line and do an efficient job we like to speak to all parties who would be interested in our products to all be present for one sitting in order to answer any and all questions to avoid numerous visits. We apologize to you if that offended you, but in no way was that our intention.

11/25/2019

Robbi B.

It took a lot longer than I expected, but in the end they did a good job

Description of Work
Replacement windows

Category replacement windows

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We apologize for the delay. Weather this year has caused more delays than we anticipated. We appreciate your patience with us and are glad you are happy with the work!

08/23/2019

Mary A.

Great got a wonderful letter explaining why they were running late ( RAIN) we appreciated the letter. Showed up and did more than we expected the job looks great the guys were personable asked questions and the job was done within a week. Our house is the best looking in the Neighborhood THANKS

Description of Work
New siding

Category siding

Thanks for your review [Member Name Removed]! We are so glad you love your new look. Your home is BEAUTIFUL!! Thanks so much for sharing the picture and telling others about your experience!

01/21/2019

Maria F.

The estimate provided was comparable to two other local companies; the company returned our calls in timely manner; the installation was completed in a professional way with thorough clean up after the job was done. We are very happy with the experience.

Description of Work
Installing two bay windows

11/24/2018

dean R.

the replacement went very well they are very professional they cleaned up everything afterwards there was no mess left to clean very good crew that installed them very organized

Description of Work
we replaced 5 windows

10/08/2018

Lorelei L.

Hands down, the smoothest contracting experience we’ve ever had! Windows and Siding was a big project that had been on our “need to do” list for several years. We interviewed half a dozen contractors that we had met at the March ‘18 Syracuse Home Show at the NYS Fairgrounds. C. Michaels Exterior was able to provide a timeline and financing options we could not turn down- and we ended up being able to do the project several months sooner than we anticipated. The crew were absolutely fantastic. They installed 13 new windows and siding in under a week- and were professional and friendly the entire time. They were kind and understanding of our 2 kids who tried not to be underfoot- but were on summer vacation. They were sweet (and brought treats!) to our 2 labs who wanted to be friends with everyone- and don’t understand the concept of work. Chance was an excellent head contractor- and just as nit-picky as we were about the little details. Tim- his second in command was just as great- and always kept us in the loop of where things were in the project. The crew promptly arrived each morning and picked up each and every day after themselves. They also clearly liked working with each other- and it was nice to have that energy around the house each day. We added some revisions to our job that happened after we signed the contract in the spring, and that process was smooth and worry free. When the job was over, there were no hidden surprises in our bill- it was exactly what we had agreed upon in the spring. Hands down, this was the smoothest contracting experience we’ve ever had ( we finished a significant home remodel 5 years prior)- and we would not hesitate to recommend C. Michaels to anyone for their project. Sincerely, Lorelei and Kim Lacey

Description of Work
Windows & Siding

Category gutter repair, siding, replacement windows, doors

03/12/2018

MaryBeth V.

Thank you so much for our new windows. The installation went somsommot, 7 windows installed in just over a half of a day! The professional workers did an amazing job.

Description of Work
New windows

10/06/2017

Jeremy U.

C.Michael Exteriors, Inc. sided our home and windows and did a masterful, magical job for us! Their expertise was amazing. Great, Fantastic people to work with! They answered all of our questions and helped us immensely! They are the best!!

Description of Work
Siding and windows

05/27/2017

Geoffrey G.

did a great job cleaned up quality was excellent

Description of Work
siding new gutters window trim

Category siding

04/24/2017

Judith P.

fantastic. Great clean up, schedule kept, could not be happier with the company.

Description of Work
replaced all windows in home

08/30/2016

HILARY G.

FABULOUSLY. THEY WERE PROMPT, PROFESSIONAL, EFFICIENT, VERY VERY QUICK, WHILE BEING THOROUGH! COULDNT BELIEVE THEY REPLACED WHAT THEY DID IN WHAT LITTLE TIME THEY DID! ALL LOOKS AMAZING, AND WHEN THEY LEFT, OTHER THAN LEAVING ME WITH A BRAND NEW LOOKING HOME- THERE WAS NO SIGN OF MESS ANYWHERE! I WILL DEFINITELY BE RECOMMENDING C. MICHAEL EXTERIORS TO ALL WHO NEED WORK DONE!!!

Description of Work
REPLACEMENT WINDOWS, SIDING AND DOORS

05/13/2016

John T.

They arrived when they said they would and went directly to work. There were 7 men in the crew and each knew his job while the foreman for the group went threw the house to check the work and made several minor repairs in the house that were not related to the windows. In 2 1/2 hours they were done, cleaned up and on their way to the next job. I checked the work from the out side and inside and there was nothing to clean up and house looked very nice. I know this improved the overall value of the property. I can tell by the outdoors noises being much quieter the windows are working. Hopefully it will be much nicer in the house this next winter.

Description of Work
Replaced old worn storm windows through the house, 11 in all and hauled the old windows away. They were very efficient and timely even though it raining on that day.

02/26/2016

Judith P.

Description of Work
Replaced several windows in house with excellent energy saving ones.

Category replacement windows

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We couldn't be more happy that we have yet another satisfied customer! thank you so much for trusting us with your home!

01/27/2016

Barbara C.

This was not their first attempt at selling their services by phone, we've been called several times over the last 3 to 5 years--despite being on the National 'Do Not Call' Registry. As we weren't ready to consider scheduling a home visit from their estimate/sales person, their follow-up call has not been responded to... + though I'd made it quite clear to their sales rep. that they should leave a message for the person of the household who makes all final, major home improvement decisions, and he gave his word that he would, no message was left after all. He did make the return call when he'd said he would, nevertheless. In my experience however, any company ignoring the National 'D.N.C.R.' are highly likely to be desperadoes and/or outright con-artists. Failing to follow up as clearly stated, in any supposedly minor way is not simply 'unprofessional' it simply doesn't bode well of any 'customer service' from square one. = Having read other reviewer's quite believable, detailed complaints of this company's sales practices, including ridiculous, high-pressure expectations that contracts will be signed on the spot after provision of estimate, we'll be giving them a miss and counting ourselves the wiser, thanks to other Angie's List reviewers. There's simply no way we're interested in dealing with unnecessary hard-sell tactics in this household, never mind the ludicrous expectation that both home owners are necessarily, genuinely interested in any 'home improvement' whatsoever! Then there's the comment they've posted on another 'A-List' member's review, asking for it to be removed, claiming the reviewer's complaint is about a manufacturer rather than their business--despite the fact that the review clearly sites no fewer than three complaints about no one's sales practices but THEIR OWN; which of course they've conveniently, completely ignored. If they call again, we'll be reporting them to the F.T.C. for flagrantly disregarding the D.N.C.R. for years.

Description of Work
"Ramco Industries" appears as their caller id., and I'm now informed that 'Ramco Industries Inc.' (and it's owner, Peter Dittrich) is their 'parent company' at the same address. phone solicitation offering siding and window installation services at discount per customer agreement to accommodate company ad sign-posting at street side, among other details which they would only disclose during scheduled home-visit sales pitch.

12/08/2015

Judith P.

Description of Work
Replaced a large number of windows

Category replacement windows

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to reflect on your positive experience. We are so pleased you are satisfied! Happy Holidays!

05/08/2015

Julia B.

After a long presentation about how good their windows are, he gave us a quote of over $7000 for the work! Then came the pressure part. He could give us 40% off, bringing the price down to $3400! The company allows 2 homes in our area to become "model homes" which means we would have to agree t,o put up their sign on our lawn, and write a review for his 3 ring binder full of positive review he used in his presentation.. Easy, no? We would have to apply for one of the two model home contracts, but those contracts go quickly and so as not to miss this great opportunity, we should sign the contract now. We didn't bite as we had two more companies coming, I was not one bit surprised he used this high pressure tactic to get us to sign right then. In the end, the discounted price he quoted was a thousand more than the next two that gave us a quote. Plus, there was no pressure used by the next two. They came in, looked at the windows, measured, and gave us a price showing us what we would be getting for that price. They left knowing they might get a call from us, but no heavy sales tactics. Also, I researched the brand of window used by C Michael, and I was immediately taken to the "P***** Consumer" website where there were just under 200 unhappy reviews, most of which were about paint peeling from the windows necessitating replacements of the replacements. Many of the complaints were because the manufacturer. company requires the homeowner to pick up these replacements sometimes having to drive 150 miles one way. So glad I did not choose that company!!

Description of Work
They Called several times over last two or three years even though I told them I wasn't interested. Finally I let them come out to give us a quote on replacing 5 smallish double hung bedroom windows. The salesman came and gave us the quotes and a tedious 2 hour presentation. He was nice, but a little too chatty.

Category replacement windows

Thank You for bringing this to our attention. We're sorry Mrs. [member name removed] feels this way. However her complaint is with one of our distributers, Alside. We carry a wide selection of windows from various manufacturers. The range of price varies significantly as there are various glass packages, grids, screens, assorted color outside, wood grain trim and styles, not to mention warranties and quality of materials. She looked up the manufacturer and was brought to this P*****Consumer.com, where there are complaints made against Alside. Upon further reflection Alside sells windows to contractors only, who then sell them to consumers. It seems as though the complaints she has mentioned are with the contractors as the warranty does not include shipping or labor but covers manufacturer defects only. Our representatives are trained to advise potential customers of the various options and windows that are available, and to offer any sale items or other promotions that are currently available- sales end and so do promotions. In conclusion, we feel she inadvertently confused us with other contractors. Therefore, we ask that this review be removed. Sincerely, GC

07/31/2014

Jennifer L.

This company calls me every summer even though I am on the Do Not Call list (I have reported them). The first summer when they called, I was pretty sure I would never do business with a company that does cold calls but I let them come out and give me an estimate so I would have something to compare. The salesman was terrible. When we got the estimate, he wanted a commitment right then. We said we needed to think about it (we would say this no matter who it was). He acted personally insulted, asked us if we didn't like the product we saw (pulled out a piece of window frame. What??), asked us what it would take to get our commitment, etc. I was worried that he wouldn't leave, but he did. The office called the next summer. I reminded them of our experience the previous year and that I was on the do not call list. The woman was very pushy and insisted that salesman had been fired. I told them I would never work with them because of the cold calls and because of their poor judgement with that employee. The office called again this summer. I reminded them of the previous two years. The woman said it wasn't them that had called before, even though they had the same name and are in the same business.

Description of Work
Estimate for 6 replacement windows

06/16/2014

Janet W.

They were efficient and prompt. They came when they said and completed the entire job uninterrupted. The crew was hard-working and polite. The completed the job in less than a week! Amazing! The weather gods cooperated thankfully. I would highly recommend them. The only negative comment would be that I felt rushed to make some decisions. So make sure that you discuss all the trim work options in detail with the installers before the work begins and take a walk around the house with them to look and ask about the trim details.

Description of Work
They replaced our old aluminum siding with vinyl.

05/01/2014

Robert T.

I can't rave enough about this people. They were excellent. It was like a real hive of bees came in. We live in a very large house with 28 windows and within four and a half hours, it was done and they had cleaned up. They were the nicest and friendliest people and the windows look great. We were very pleased with them and would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
We had windows put in by C Michael Exteriors Inc for windows.

03/30/2014

Keon W.

They did a good job on the presentation of what they offered, what they would do as part of the contract, and provided proof of insurance. That's where it ended. Once the estimator came back in the house with a price, he expected us to sign the contract right then and there. When we said we were waiting for a few other quotes, he asked what he had done wrong and didn't want want a quality job done. When we still said we were going to wait, he said that if we didn't agree with the contract that night, that he wouldn't hear from us again and appeared to be a little upset. He picked up his materials and left somewhat quickly, once again indicating that he wasn't going to hear from us again. Bottom line, if the gentleman that came to provide our estimate had presented his price and accepted that we were waiting for other quotes, they would still be considered. I cannot imagine anyone blindly spending that amount of money and not getting other quotes. I would hope they would understand that but I guess not. He ruined a chance of a job and wasted an hour and a half of our time in the last 5 minutes.

Description of Work
Provided quote for vinyl siding of house.

07/15/2013

Terry O.

Even though I am on the Do Not Call list, C. Michael Exteriors has been cold calling me three times a year for the past four years in an attempt to sell me windows and/or siding. Every other call I told them I was not interested, but today I decided to hear them out, as some of my windows and my siding need an upgrade. Before they would schedule an appointment I was asked if I was married, if I had a mortgage on my house, and if I ever filed for bankruptcy. When I asked why they needed this information, a man who identified himself as a manager came on the phone and in a very terse tone said, and quot;Because this is our policy. This is the way we've done it for 30 yearsand quot; I told him I didn't feel it was any his business as I was only expecting to buy windows and siding from them. Again, in a very terse tone, I was told that, and quot;You're the only one in 30 years to object to this.and quot; In my opinion, none of these questions are any of their business. When several roofers came to estimate a roofing job for me, none of them asked any of that. They simply surveyed my house and gave me an estimate. I scheduled an appointment to hear the sales pitch in a couple of days. Within five minutes I was called back by the scheduling manager and told that my wife had to be present at the presentation. I told him my wife works long hours during the day, and would not be available to take the time off during the day to hear the pitch. He said since my wife's name was on the deed she was required to be there to hear the presentation. I told him my wife's name is not on the deed. After a brief pause, he told me that didn't matter she had to be there anyways. At that point I was deemed and quot;Unworthyand quot; and told they would not give me the presentation, nor would I be allowed to give them my money. He has promised not to ever call me again, but that remains to be seen. In my opinion, this company is to be avoided. If they were honestly selling windows and siding they would come and given the presentation, and give me an estimate for the work that needed to be done. It would make no difference how much money I had, my marital status, my credit rating, or how I plan to pay for the work. There is also no need for the belligerence exhibited by the man calling himself the manager. Those types of bullying sales tactics are immediate Red Flag for me. In my short experience dealing with this company, they have all the makings of a firm that uses extremely high pressure sales tactics rather than selling the product on its own merits. (For example, saying my wife had to be present at the presentation. This is ostensibly to pressure her to pressure me, if I am wavering.) It would also appear that (potentially high interest rate) financing is sold as part of the package. Otherwise I would not be and quot;prequalifiedand quot; by asking the personal questions about my finances. I am not saying this company does not sell quality products or that they are a scam, but I do question their business practices. A quality product or service stands by itself. It should not have to rely on high pressure sales tactics and should provide to seller with a sufficient profit, and bundling financing with the service should not be a requirement.

Description of Work
The provider cold called me in attempt to sell me windows and siding.

01/11/2012

Andrew N.

When they said they were going to be here they were here.

Description of Work
They redid a number of them. They upgraded them to current windows for the whole house.