Frank-Key Services

Founded 1989 • With Angi since August 2007

Serving Brooklyn, Manhattan, Staten Island. We are an owner-operated locksmith service company providing cost-effective security solutions for your home & business. 30+ years in the locksmithing trade Mobile lockshop is fully equipped to handle your security needs including duplicating keys on site. Offering Services from simple re-keys to electronic high-security lock options. Quality installations & experience set us apart We are particularly helpful with decorative hardware for interior as well as exterior doors. Additionally: Try us for your Commercial Services as well Retail Stores, Offices, Mgmt companies We can provide services including Commercial Locksets Master key plans Fire door replacement Code compliance Exit Devices Door Closers Glass Service ( Board up & replacement). Additional Phone Number: (212) 766-0774...

A Service Provider's profile image

locksmith (119)door installation (24)

03/11/2022

Daniel R.

Frank upgraded my two door locks to mul-t-lock cylinders. He gave me a very reasonable quote, came on time, and replaced the locks in less than 20 minutes. Even showed me how they work so I won't have any issues. Frank couldn't have been a nicer guy, was cool hearing about his career while he worked. He also satisfied my co-op's annoying paperwork/insurance requirements without any issues. Would use him again in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
Replacing two door locks with higher security mul-t-lock cylinders

Work Completed On 03/11/2022

01/16/2021

Janice G.

Frank and his Associate Bill were great. Punctual, communicative, courteous, thorough, experienced, highly skilled. They went out of their way to do adjustments on the door in order to give me the most secure locking mechanism. Moreover, Frank was careful to supply hardware that matched the existing hardware. Excellent job all around!

Description of Work
I needed a more secure mortise lock and electric opener for my 1846 Brownstone entrance door.

Work Completed On 01/16/2021

11/20/2020

Jack C.

Frank is a really superb guy who's a gifted locksmith. And, furthermore, I really trust him. Let me be honest with you. I've always been anxious about hiring a locksmith. Frank, to me, had superb ratings on Angie's List. He engaged quickly during my quick call to him. We then communicated by text continually. He showed up in a quite impressive, branded commercial truck with all of the fixings! Great guy, very personable. He ably replaced the locks. Frank also checked out my other, external doors. He reinforced all lock plates with extremely long screws. I was impressed! I just wish I had more doors! (Just hire him!!)

Description of Work
Replace three locks on two external doors.

Work Completed On 11/19/2020

01/12/2020

Rob C.

I found Frank-Key services while searching for a locksmith to do work on my door in Brooklyn. Just at the moment, the original crystal doorknob on the door on my mother's Staten Island, house, built in 1899, would no longer turn. The spindle was broken. She has owned the house since 1968, and never had keys to the original lock. I told her about Frank Key services. She called him and he spent 3 hours repairing the lock and doorknob on this antique door. He made copies of keys for the repaired, original lock on site, the first keys she has ever had for that door. He was courteous, interesting, and charged extremely reasonable prices. For the work he did and time he put in, she even thought the price was too low. Based on my mother's experience, I will definitely call Frank to work on my door when I am ready. Locks are important and complicated, like clocks. Not every locksmith has the skill to handle all kinds of locks. It's a godsend to find someone who can, and who is a good person to boot.

Description of Work
Lock and doorknob fixed on 100+ year-old door

Work Completed On 01/12/2020

01/10/2020

Fay A.

Frank was exemplary start to finish. He answered his phone immediately and professionally tho he was leaving for a job. Frank came same day to Bklyn, kept me abreast of time frame while he went to his planned Manhattan museum job. He was highly skilled, obviously very experienced. He has a large truck with everything in it and even included numerous extra keys on the spot. This is a 100 year old house. Frank is honest, ethical, very fair price and a well spoken, polite, nice person. He got the job done efficiently and effectively. I highly recommend Frank and will use his services whenever I need.

Description of Work
Front door lock totally broke, and key would not turn. Couldnt get in or out.

Work Completed On 12/23/2019

06/09/2019

Edward B.

Frank Waite, owner of Frank's Key Services, was prompt, very pleasant, and explained the issues clearly. I'm an architect familiar with both the very good tradespeople and the marginal (or worse) ones. Frank was exemplary in his knowledge of older systems and where to find new replacement parts. The installation was smooth and he adjusted the door closer and door alignment as well. The cost was very fair in my experience for the two trips, the new quality electric lock and the amount of time and skill involved for a precise installation. I recommend him most highly.

Description of Work
Evaluation of defective electric front (steel) door on brownstone, and replacement installation.

Work Completed On 06/09/2019

05/04/2019

Angela C.

Very professional. Arrived on time. Was able to very quickly remove the part of a broken key from the cylinder of the lock. Explained why the key may have broken and how it may be a door problem. Price very reasonable. No high-pressured sales pitch. Excellent service. Recommend Frank-Key Services very highly. Frank is actually the service man.

Description of Work
My key broke in the cylinder of a door lock and Frank was able to remove it.

Work Completed On 05/04/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed], Your comments are much appreciated Thank You

04/11/2019

Harrison H.

Frank was great - very responsive and professional. Our new locks are perfect!

Description of Work
Replacing door and mail locks

Work Completed On 04/05/2019

01/02/2019

Mikhail O.

Struggled with the entry door lock replacement for several hours before calling Frank. He did a fantastic job making sure that the lock operates properly and everything is secured.

Description of Work
Replacement of the front door lock

Work Completed On 01/02/2019

10/26/2018

Dorothy S.

It could not have been better. Frank arrived when he said he would, calling me before hand. I was sure I needed a new lock and was resigned to spending more than I wanted to think about. What impressed me most about Frank beside his being extremely considerate and professional, was his honesty. He fixed the lock, and took pride in doing so, rather than trying to convince me to install a new one. Thank you Frank.

Description of Work
A front door lock that I could not close.

Work Completed On 10/26/2018

07/09/2018

Dana G.

I chose Frank-Key Services after reading the positive reviews on Angie’s list. I needed to have the cylinder on my front door lock changed; a new lock for my sliding door; and locks repaired. Frank was very professional, courteous and did meticulous work. He did not charge me for minor repairs and made some security recommendations. The best part was that he was able to make extra spare keys instantly from his work van. I would highly recommend Frank-key Services. He was very reasonably priced and even offered a discount for Angie’s List members. Thank- you Frank!

Description of Work
Locks installed, changed and repaired.

Work Completed On 06/09/2018

03/03/2018

Andrew K.

What can I say about Frank, a true professional. I called him and he came same day. Took a look at my door and instantly diagnosed the problem. The great thing about Frank he has a huge truck stocked with parts so no need to come back. He is definitely experienced and thorough. Would definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Exterior lock was not working

Work Completed On 03/03/2018

09/26/2017

Andrea J.

They were super-friendly and super nice. I don't remember having a bad experience. I remember them being super-responsive. I have no recollection of this. If I can't remember it then it wasn't a bad time.

Description of Work
....

Work Completed On 09/26/2015

Thank You [Member Name Removed] for this great review

09/04/2017

Nancy H.

Frank did a great job. He was very professional, informative and punctual. He is very reliable. I thought his pricing is very fair. I would definitely call him again if I need key services.

Description of Work
We needed locks changed on a two family house (4 locks), minor work on the door frame to make the entry more secure and new keys made, plus extra sets.

08/10/2017

Washington A.

The first thing you'll notice, is the huge number of great reviews Frank has, and there's a reason for that. This guy is the real deal. When you call him, he calls you back. When he says he'll be at your house at 11am, he shows up at 11am. When you show him an antique lock and some door handles that are jammed up, he will fix them. He had everything he needed for my job in his well-stocked work van. He can even cut keys in it. And when he's done, there is no mess for you to clean up. After all the great work he did, I was pretty much expecting a large bill. That's when Frank surprised me again. His bill was a FRACTION of what the other lousy "Locksmith" had charged me! So if you are looking for a good, honest Locksmith, stop looking. Call Frank. You will not be disappointed.

Description of Work
I needed some door handles and locks replaced in an old Brownstone. We had a different Locksmith (not from Angie's List) here a few months ago, who did a lousy job and left us with quite a mess AND charged a fortune! So this time we looked on Angie's List and found Frank.

Work Completed On 08/07/2017

05/13/2017

Steve W.

Frank was great. Very professional; clear and fast communications; arrived right on time and did a great job.

Description of Work
New deadbolt lock in door.

Work Completed On 05/13/2017

04/23/2017

Steven S.

It went very well. Frank arrived early and he installed two high quality locks on two doors. Frank is highly professional. The locks that were installed look great and they keep my home secure. I believe that Frank has the other Locksmiths beat by a mile. It was easy to make an appointment with him. If any of my friends or family need an outstanding Locksmith; then I would highly recommend Frank.

Description of Work
All locks on two doors needed to be replaced.

Work Completed On 04/18/2017

10/19/2016

MARC C.

Frank came promptly when scheduled. He was quick, pleasant and knowledgeable and tidied up when he left. Prices are very reasonable. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
I needed a deadbolt changed for my new apartment.

Work Completed On 10/17/2016

10/18/2016

Benjamin Z.

Frank was great. Communication was great, he arrived exactly when he said he would, and replaced the door lock. I would definitely use him again, and highly recommend his services.

Description of Work
Lock replaced on Andersen door

Work Completed On 09/20/2016

05/05/2016

will Z.

Couldn't recommend Frank more highly - a great experience from start to finish. He consulted me on the best solution for a few different doors/locks, installed a new electronic deadbolt and made a number of small enhancements on other doors. knowledgeable, friendly, capable, professional - everything you're looking for.

Description of Work
changed or rekeyed locks for four exterior doors. added reinforcements where needed to ensure doors and locks were secure.

Work Completed On 05/01/2016

03/03/2016

Teri O.

They did a good job and charged a fair price. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Removed a broken key from a lock.

Work Completed On 03/03/2016

02/24/2016

Jennifer G.

I was very pleased with the service I received from Frank. He was very quick to respond to my initial query on Angie's list and responsive from that point on. He kindly pushed me up on the service queue when I told him I was changing the locks due to a recent burglary. The service men he sent out were friendly, efficient and got the job done in under an hour. The only reason I didn't give him an A on price was because although I asked if his price reflected the 10% discount advertised on Angie's list, I never got confirmation on that point. Regardless, I would still recommend this company and service.

Description of Work
Changed two locks to Medeco security locks.

Work Completed On 02/17/2016

02/02/2016

John Z.

Thrilled with service. on time, high quality work. no 'service charge' for estimate. Very clean, answered all questions. Returned calls promptly. It was a non-emergency job, I called, got an estimate the next day, work was finished the following day. Will definitely be using again in future.

Description of Work
Install Electric strike and adjust commercial door