Dunrite Design Group Inc.

Founded 1968 • With Angi since October 2007

205945
NY
Department of Consumer Affairs
02/28/2019

637 N Railroad Ave

Staten Island, NY 10304

Dunrite Design Group is a Home Improvement Company that specializes in all your residential and commercial contracting needs! We have a full team of employees that see the job completed and done right! Super Service Award winners 2013, 2015, and 2017!!! Alternate Phone: (718) 524-5262 Fax: (347) 286-4725...

home remodeling (31)electrician (22)tile installation (20)plumbers (19)lighting (18)drywall (18)countertop installation (16)plastering (14)flooring (14)door installation (12)closet design (12)window replacement (10)

03/12/2021

Admiration and gratitude are the words that come to mind when thinking about the Dunrite Design Group. The work is of superior quality and very personalized. Even though we realize that our bathroom renovation was a "small" job in comparison to what this company handles, we felt as if our bathroom was all that mattered to owner John Dunrite and his crew. We cannot emphasize enough how accommodatin...

Description of Work
Complete Bathroom Gut and Renovation

Category bathtub refinishing,ceramic tile,closet systems,drywall,electrician,flooring contractor,glass repair,lighting,plastering,plumbing,remodeling,home remodeling,interior painters,doors

Work Completed On 03/10/2021

Review for Dunrite Design Group Inc. - 637 N Railroad Ave, Staten Island, NY - 39244066

It was our pleasure to work with you! We are looking forward to your next project! Your happiness is our goal!

09/01/2020

Dunrite was very slow to return my calls and actually show up (months, but also COVID interfered). But, once they did, they did an excellent job. I'm very happy with the results and would definitely hire them again. I already asked for an estimate on redoing some kitchen cabinets. It's family-owned business. They could use someone to organize better, but John is very responsive and the men who sho...

Description of Work
Half bath added in basement

Category appliance repair,home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/11/2020

Review for Dunrite Design Group Inc. - 637 N Railroad Ave, Staten Island, NY - 38843867

07/31/2020

It hasn't gone at all. After months of them not returning my calls, not scheduling the job, taking my deposit, losing my check, finding my check and cashing it, I still do not have a half bath in my basement. Very disorganized company. I'm so sorry I gave them my money. They don't return calls. Very unresponsive. I do not recommend this company to anyone. John is always nice when I get him on the ...

Description of Work
Half bath in basement

Category appliance repair,home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/01/2020

Please know that this was during the COVID pandemic while we were shut down, please see customers follow up review posted. Thank you Dunrite Team!

11/19/2019

This is one of those reviews that are so deserved, but as a client you internally hesitate to write because you fear OTHER people will realize what a gem you have discovered and you want them all for yourself. I write online reviews fairly rarely, unless something is truly terrible or on the flipside, if an entity has truly blown me out of the water. I don’t think I’ve ever had an instance in the ...

Description of Work
Remodel Kitchen, Repaint Apartment, Stain and Poly Wood Floors

Category ceramic tile,countertops,drywall,electrician,hardwood floor,lighting,remodeling,replacement windows,marble & granite,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 10/01/2019

It was our pleasure to work with you and mom! Your happiness is our goal! You are forever part of the Dunrite family!

10/31/2019

The ceilings in our living room and dining room were ancient, cracking and peeling under the weight of the heavy texture that had been applied decades ago. The Dunrite crew installed brand new ceilings just below the old ones. The process of running the electrical, applying dry wall, plastering, sanding and painting took even less than the promised five days, and the results are outstanding!

Description of Work
Replace ceilings in our dining room and living room; install recessed lights in the living room

Category drywall,electrician,lighting,plastering,remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 10/29/2019

We love our repeat customers! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations yet again! Can't wait for a future project! Happy Holidays!

10/30/2019

We had a great experience. They are extremely helpful. They would answer any questions and listen to any concerns. They helped us with making decisions. Whenever I call, George will always respond and has come over to fix any little problems that may come up. I highly recommend them and look forward to using them again on next project .

Description of Work
Kitchen, bathroom ,floors

Category remodeling,home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/29/2019

It was our pleasure working with you! We can't wait for the next project!

10/27/2019

Dunrite did a great job, transforming an ugly outdated kitchen into a beautiful modern one that still preserved the character of our nearly 100 year old home.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel —walls, ceiling, window and floor needed to be gutted and replaced, new electrical lines had to be installed, as well as new cabinetry. They also installed new quartz countertops and a subway tile backsplash.

Category ceramic tile,countertops,drywall,electrician,hardwood floor,lighting,plastering,remodeling,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 10/27/2019

It was our pleasure working with you! We can't wait for the next project!

10/27/2019

Amazing. Fast, clean, and they are very professional. I would hire them again and refer

Description of Work
They built me a whole house.

Category bathtub refinishing,ceramic tile,closet systems,concrete repair,countertops,concrete driveways,drywall,electrician,flooring contractor,glass repair,hardwood floor,insulation,lighting,masonry,plastering,plumbing,remodeling,roofing,siding,replacement windows,home builders,marble & granite,stucco,home remodeling,house painters,interior painters,cabinet refacing,doors,basement remodeling,swimming pools

Work Completed On 10/27/2019

10/26/2019

Awesome. The entire crew was professional, friendly, trustworthy. The are experts at their craft. I was consulted and kept informed every step of the way. Suggestions were offered related to quality, price, design - which I totally appreciated. The project was delivered on time. The end result is a beautiful, energy efficient home. It went from the worst house on the block to the envy of the block...

Description of Work
Entire home renovation - inside and out. All new electric; walls, floors, ceilings, air conditioning units, lighting, open concept floor redesign, beam replacement and reinforcement, kitchen, bathrooms. New windows, siding, garage wall reinforcement and siding.

Category ceramic tile,closet systems,concrete repair,countertops,drywall,electrician,flooring contractor,gutter repair,insulation,lighting,plastering,plumbing,remodeling,siding,replacement windows,garage builders,home remodeling,interior painters,doors

Work Completed On 11/01/2018

It is always our pleasure to work with you! Your happiness is our goal! You are forever part of the Dunrite family!

09/17/2019

Renovation went amazing. Johnnie, Vijay and Georgie were all the best. I have already recommended them to a friend with a huge commercial renovation and he was as pleased as I was . I can’t say enough good things about Johnnie and the gang

Description of Work
Total gut renovation of a 2 family home

Category bathtub refinishing,ceramic tile,closet systems,concrete repair,countertops,concrete driveways,drywall,electrician,flooring contractor,glass repair,gutter repair,hardwood floor,insulation,lighting,masonry,plastering,plumbing,remodeling,roofing,siding,replacement windows,garage builders,home builders,marble & granite,stucco,home remodeling,house painters,interior painters,cabinet refacing,doors

Work Completed On 03/01/2019

It was our pleasure working with you! Your happiness is our goal! Thank you for the recommendation and we hope to work with you again in the future!

Bathroom and Kitchen Remodeling, Condo and Co-op Renovations, Hardwood Flooring Installation and Repair, Garage Builders, Home Builders, Ceramic Tile, Concrete and Masonry Work, Countertops, Decks, Doors, Drywall, Gutter Repair, Insulation, Hardscaping, Marble & Granite, Painting- Interior & Exterior, Plastering, Plumbing, Electrical, Basement Remodeling, Sunrooms, Roofing, Siding, Skylights, Stucco, Replacement Windows, Duct Cleaning- Commercial and Residential, Full Service General Contracting

Fencing.