Bob Mims Heating & Air Conditioning

Founded 1950 • With Angi since December 2005

6326 Amboy Rd

Staten Island, NY 10309

Financing available. Additional service hour: Summer: 8:00 AM-8:00 PM [Apr 16th-Oct 14th], Winter: 8:00 AM -10:00 PM [Oct 15th-April 15th].

06/21/2020

William A.

Tech Glen McCormick arrived on time. Polite and professional he quickly diagnosed that both my AC compressors were overcharged with freon. He brought the freon to Manufactures specs saving me on my electric bill as well as stress on the compressors. I would definately use them again

Description of Work
2 zone AC tune up

Category air duct cleaning

06/21/2020

William A.

6/3/2020- no hot water entire home. Tech Joshua arrived on time. He was polite and professional. He quickly diagnosed the problem to a defective motorized zone switch on the furnace, He replaced with a new one a and problem was resolved. Excellent service.

Description of Work
Furnace repair and AC tune ups

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

12/12/2019

Marla T.

The tech guy George M. and his apprentice Vinny F. diagnosed the problem and fixed it in a timely fashion.

Description of Work
We needed a Vent Spill Switch replaced.

07/27/2017

Fannie B.

I have been using them for about 25 years. They come out for maintenance checks, and if you are under contract and you need work done, you get a good discount - example regular price $75 and if you have a contract it would be $35. They are a little pricey but they get the job done. With the contract they have to respond the same day. They come on time, they call before they come. They are reliable, come well dressed in uniforms. Young guys and they know what they are doing.

Description of Work
Maintenance Check - under contract for the whole year.

10/31/2016

Jeanne M. P.

It went very well since when he arrived to check it out the sound had gone away. I was afraid it was my expansion tank since it felt full of water when it was humming. The tank had emptied itself and tech explained that if it stayed full then it would start leaking so no problem with it. I appreciated his honesty since an unnecessary replacement would have be expensive. I paid $29.50 for the service call since I have a contract with them. Otherwise I can only imagine what a service call on a Sunday would have cost from somewhere else! Great company and honest so I intend to keep them and refer my neighbors.

Description of Work
I called them on a Sunday morning around 11:30 AM because my furnace was making a humming sound which was loud. I was afraid my expansion tank diaphragm was about to blow. I turned off my heat and waited for the tech to arrive.

03/20/2015

Frances G.

It went fine. The price was okay. They did try to work me into a contract for another year. I declined. They weren't very clear on services. The work that was completed sufficiently.

Description of Work
They put a new heating and air conditioner in.

11/17/2014

Dana G.

All parts were replaced and repaired THE SAME DAY and my humidifier is working perfectly. They are courteous, prompt and efficient.

Description of Work
I always have a yearly maintenance contract with Bob Mims for my water heater and furnace. My humidifier which is set up to my furnace the hose and pump needed to be replaced as well as some other parts for the humidifier.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

02/28/2014

Dorothy F.

The heating system was evaluated and the technician told me the problem. He recommended a plumber to fix it and gave me very helpful advice.

Description of Work
Sal, the technician, evaluated my problem and was very helpful. He told me the issues and recommended a course of action with a plumber. It was so helpful.

11/29/2013

Dan S.

Installed a part that cost $150 for a total of $550. I hoped Angie's list sorted out the rip off people. Day before Thanksgiving with company coming I had no choice but to pay through the nose for what was really a minor repair - plugging in a circuit board. Good luck to other potential users.

Description of Work
Fixed heat

07/06/2013

Rocco P.

Mims staff is always punctual and prepared. They quickly assess the problem and fix it right the first time. Great Staff, very dependable, pleasure to do business with.

Description of Work
Needed AC repair in the middle of a sweltering heat wave in a professional circumstance.

06/06/2013

Mel B.

We have been dealing with Bob Mims Heating and Air Conditioning company for almost 11 years. They have been in business for almost 60 years in Staten Island, N.Y. They installed and have been servicing our central air conditioning system for over 10 years. They also installed a new heating furnace a few years ago. Thru the years they have made many service and repairs in our house under the original 10 year warranty for our Trane AC . They never failed to fix the problem. I do not know why I waited so long to write about them on Angie's List; but they are absolutlely the best company we have ever dealt with. They are honest, very polite, very knowledgeable, and courteous. There technicians are higly trained, skilled, and certified. Most of their employees have been with the company for many years. They were reccomended to me 10 years ago by one of my neighbors. This company truly live up to their commitments and reputation.

Description of Work
Perform tests on our central Air Conditioning System.

04/15/2013

Joseph C.

The entire process went very smoothly. No delays, no surprise fees, etc.

Description of Work
Replaced Central A/C unit and gas heating system.

01/23/2013

nicholas M.

Great. Thorough. He bled all my radiators. Was friendly and informative. Answered all my questions.

Description of Work
Fix and refurbish furnace.

01/17/2013

Frank T.

Their sales engineer came in was very professional and designed a new system for my 80 year old house. they came when they said they would come and on time. The first thing they did on the day of installation was to cover my floors with a sticky covering protecting them. They installed new duct work in my attic. I couldn't believe it when they put a box over the ceiling to prevent the plaster dust from going into the house when they cut the holes in the ceiling from the attic. The installation went smoothly and they even patched around the ceiling grills with sparkle when they were done. It works very quietly and the two zone system give even comfort in each part of the house. I even have humidly control on my thermostat. Very well pleased. The price was a little higher then other estimates but the sales guy Vinny explained everything so much better than the other people who I had in that I had to go to them. I guess you get what you pay for.

Description of Work
Installed complete new zoned AC system in my house.

12/03/2012

richard C.

IT ALWAYS GOES WELL. THEY ARE PUNCTUAL AND PROFESSIONAL AND DO A THOROUGH JOB CHECKING EVERYTHING.

Description of Work
I HAVE A SERVICE CONTRACT WITH BOB MIMS WHICH PERFORMS SEASONAL SERVICE 2 TIMES A YEAR FOR MY HEATING , AIR CONDITIONING AND HOT WATER HEATER . I HAVE BEEN USING THEM FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS NOW

08/22/2012

Rocco M.

The technician and office personell are very professional and polite. The technician was on time, worked very neatly, and did a great job. A visit from the sales person was informative with his knowledge and recommendations for replacing the A/C unit. Overall, I trust this company and would recommend them to a friend.

Description of Work
First visit was to fix A/C in attic. It needed freon and new filter. Next visit was a maintenance call for both A/C and forced hot air Heater.

07/19/2012

Lynn W.

They were excellent. They were very clean, polite, efficient and very professional.

Description of Work
I have used the services of Bob Mims Heating & Air Conditioning. They installed a Air conditioning unit for us.

01/21/2012

William K.

Bob Mims came on the scheduled date, on time. After examination, the technician informed me that I needed a new valve. The part needed to be ordered so he came back in two days to install it. Everything works fine now. They are very courtious and professional.

Description of Work
The central heating system had a humidifier that was turned off for several years. I had a few companies in to try and fix it but it always led to the system leaking. The system is in my attic so when it leaks, my ceiling gets damaged. I called Bob Mims for service since I needed the heat to be more humid.

07/06/2011

Jane M.

They were pretty reliable. They were very fast in responding. They come quickly. They are good. I would use their services in the future too.

Description of Work
Bob Mims Heating & Air Conditioning fixed and replaced all our water heaters about a year and a half ago.

Category water heater repair

02/16/2011

Raymond O.

They are really good and I would recommend them. They are clean and come in with a staff that can do the work right.

Description of Work
They installed a new heat pump and the whole system for me on my upper floor.

01/31/2011

richard C.

We really like him. He is very reliable. If you have a contract, you get preferential treatment. If there's an emergency, they come to you right away. My air conditioner went out a couple of years ago, and they came out right away and fixed it. I didn't have to go all summer without it. They notice things that you need replaced or repaired. They don't make up things that need done. They only tell you when you need to change or do something when it's actually time to do it. The gentlemen that come to the house are all very neat, professional, and courteous.

Description of Work
He came for the winter maintenance. I have a contract with him, and he comes out two times a year.

10/05/2009

ANDREW L.

The job commenced within days after contract signing; workers came when they said they would, did what they were supposed to do in a neat, clean, professional manner, working in an extremely small space, and completed the job in one day. The HVAC system worked beautifully, as does the tankless hot water system.

Description of Work
REMOVE ORIGINAL (15 YR OLD) HVAC SYSTEM FROM TOWNHOUSE RESIDENCE ON STATEN ISLAND; REPLACE WITH NEW ENERGY EFFICIENT SYSTEM. REMOVE HOT WATER HEATER AND REPLACE WITH TANKLESS WATER HEATER.

08/30/2007

JOHNNY L.

We felt that this company really knew what they were doing and efficiently installed the system, which now works perfectly. They are very prompt and very detail oriented. We will be using them for now on.

Description of Work
They installed a new humidifier on our air conditioning unit, which services our over 1500 square foot home. They took about 3 hours in all between installing and testing the unit and all left over material was thrown away by them when they cleaned up.

02/14/2006

THIS IS A VERY GOOD COMPANY. THEY COME OUT IN A TIMELY MANNER, ARE POLITE AND FRIENDLY. HE GAVE US TIPS ON MAINTAINING THE UNIT AND CLEANED UP ANY MESS THAT WAS MADE. WE WERE PLEASED WITH THIS SERVICE.

Description of Work
THEY PROVIDE PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE ON MY AIR CONDITIONING UNIT.

01/26/2006

WE HAVED USED THEM MORE THAN ONCE SO I'M GUESSING THEY ARE PRETTY GOOD. THE PRICE COULD PROBABLY BE A LITTLE LOWER, BUT THAT COULD PROBABLY BE JUST ABOUT ANYTHING.

Description of Work
THEY VACUUMED IT OUT AND DID ACTUAL MAINTENANCE ON HEATER CHECKING THE FILTER AND CHECKING THE FLAME.

Milano and Adams HVAC and R

We have over 30 years of experience in the HVAC industries. We offer HVAC service and installations with the best prices and workmanship. We offer quick response time. Ask us about our other payment options. We service Heat pumps, Furnaces, Boilers, and Air conditioning units for residential and commercial properties. Please contact us today for a free estimate.

Breezin HVAC, Inc.

Here at Breezin HVAC, Inc. we sustain our businesss on quality and integrity. With over 40 years of experience we are experts in residential and commercial heating, ventilation and air conditioning. Some of our services include but are not limited to: complete heating and air conditioning installations (we DO NOT service window units), equipment replacements, duct cleaning, custom ductwork fabrication, humidifier and air cleaner installations, hot water heaters, thermostats, and all phases of maintenance and repair. We are a Department of Consumer Affairs licensed company as well as a member of both the Staten Island Chamber of Commerce and The Better Business Bureau. Our certified technicians take pride in their work, and all work is guaranteed, as we stand behind the quality of service our company provides. Emergency? No Problem We service our customers 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Contact us today! We look forward to earning your business.

ALL DUCT LLC

Air duct, dryer vent, chimney cleaning, repair, and installation. Over 10 years experience. Powerful air tools, equipment and professional technicians will be provided during the service. Do not hesitate to contact and get your home evaluation. By owner operator. Please call me at 201-554-5859

Award 2022
    Offers by ALL DUCT LLC on Angi

Residential & commercial heating & air conditioning - sales & service, indoor air quality, duct cleaning.

No oil services.