Accurate Home Improvement

Founded 1975 • With Angi since June 2010

22 Kinghorn St

Staten Island, NY 10312

Accurate Home Improvement is full service roofing contractor with more than 30 years experience. We also provide all kind of windows and doors replacement, siding service and full remodeling service. All proposals come with Guarantees - 5 or 10 years and no sub-contracting. We offer free gutters and leaders with complete roof removal. Our trained technicians are ready to help you, so do not hesitate to trust us! We except all credit cards! Give us a call today!...

10/03/2015

Marianne B.

See above

Description of Work
Told me yesterday that he would come at 8 am. Did not show, did not call. I called subsequently 3 times every hour and he said he would be here shorttly. Now it is 4 hours later, no show, no calls. Pretty unprofessional.

09/16/2015

cathy M.

Description of Work
Fixed dryer and washer.

09/11/2014

Philip M.

He was fine. The work was done as contracted for the work was well done. He was very competitive, but it was hard to get in touch with him some times.

Description of Work
I have used Accurate Home Improvement.

Category doors

04/17/2014

Stella C.

Description of Work
They replaced my gutters with commercial gutters to alleviate a freezing overflow problem. Everything went smoothly. Very professional workers . I recommended them to my other neighbors and they too were happy with the work preformed by Accurate Home Improvement. If needed I will use them again. A+++

04/14/2014

Stella C.

Category gutter repair

01/21/2014

Jessica C.

Did not show or call

Description of Work
I requested estimate for roofing and gutters

11/25/2013

Annmarie M.

He was okay. The people that he hired to tear the roof off and put the new roof on, my car was parked in the driveway, they broke my window, which I was never paid for. The price was about what everybody else was charging, so that was fine. I have not seen any leaks and it is still holding. It was not him, it is the people that he hires.

Description of Work
Accurate Home Improvement did my roof after Sandy hit.

09/30/2013

rick L.

Accurate Home Improvement was hired to replace my roof and siding. I found working with Bob at Accurate to be personable and professional. He provide a detailed estimate listing all the components of the roof with my choice of one of two shingle manufacturers. His estimate included removing the existing roof (1 layer), installing all new aluminum and rubber escutcheons around vent pipes, tar paper and ice shields where needed, removal of all debris, replaced all vents, installed new ridge vents. His crew worked fast and efficiently. The new roof looks great. The siding was also professionally installed, including ¾ inch polystyrene sheets of insulation. His estimate was very competitive and he provided the work he detailed in his estimate without any hassles. I would definitely hire Accurate Home Improvement again and I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
The existing roof and siding were removed and replaced.

Category roofing, siding

09/19/2013

Bill S.

It has been a long time since I was impressed by the efficiency of any contractor. But I will say I was impressed by Accurate and will say they were a well oiled team. Everyone knew their job, they moved efficiently and within one day we received a new roof. The old wood was removed, new wood put down, state of the art venting was provided, sheathing and new shingles finished the job. I will point out tarps were placed around the house to prevent damage and catch the discarded shingles. Cleanup was just as efficient and I have yet to discover any rogue nails in my driveway. All in all they made an inconvenient job bearable. We've had some severe rain recently and I'm happy to say everything is as tight as a glove. They do guarentee their work for 10 years. Thank you Accurate and especially their dedicated workers.

Description of Work
New sheathing, new wood, new shingles

09/17/2013

Anthony U.

The service provided by Accurate Hiome Improvement (bob) was top notch and better than I ever expected. My entire roof was replaced for a very reasonable price, and the work was done in basically one full work day. Aside from the great work, one thing that seperated Accurate Home Imp from the rest was the fact that he worked extremely well with any paperwork needed by my insurance company/bank. The roof damage on my home was due to hurricane Sandy last Oct/Nov, in which I put an insurance claim in. The way claim monies are released these days, inconvienently requires a little help from your contractor. Bottom line is Accurate not only complied with any paperwork or payment situations, they made the process very easy. The roof work was great and the company personnel were equally as fantastic. I HIGHLY RECCOMEND ACCURATE HOME IMPROVEMENT (BOB, STATEN ISLAND)

Description of Work
Replaced my entire roof

09/09/2013

Claude P.

My dealings with the owner Robert of Accurate Home Improvement went beyond all expectations. Couldn't ask for better work form a better person.. Job done very well on a timely cost effective fashion.. What I appreciated most about Robert was his detailed presentation of various job options and benefits so that I could make a rational decision on what I should do to ensure my satisfaction. Most people consider me to be somewhat of a perfectionist and a worrier when it comes to job outcomes. This is partly due to the fact that I do most of the work myself on my home because I'm very hard to please. I spent a lot of time getting estimates from various contractors but they all fell short in comparison to Robert. As I said before he made several suggestions that other contractors glossed over such as putting in a ridge vent on my roof and aluminum flashing on the roof. The siding was straight as an arrow. In addition, he was the only one to provide me unsolicited with documents showing he was fully licensed and insured in New York. To top everything off, he presents as a very nice, honest individual and a pleasure to do business with. I recommend Robert of Accurate Home improvement without reservation.

Description of Work
Install new roof and siding

06/17/2013

Raja K.

We called them on Friday morning to have them come take a look at our leaking roof before a weekend of rain. They said they would come at 4:30PM to give an estimate but never showed up and never returned our calls. I'm happy they even answered the phone in the first place and made an appointment for the same day, but never showed up..

06/08/2013

Jennifer Z.

I've been doing service with them all over the years. I've done plenty of work with them. They do excellent work. They clean up. They stick to their price. They give you quality product, they don't try to change the product. Nobody steals from you. You can rest assured that everything gets done and it gets done by the time they say it will get done, which is easier living.

Description of Work
I used the services of Accurate Home Improvement for our home.

Category remodeling

04/19/2013

Fortune G.

Compared to what other people wanted to charge me this was definitely the lowest! The man was so nice, and set up a payment plan with me. Very sweet guy! He said when he leaves there will not be one piece of dirt, and he's been in business for 40 years!

Description of Work
I got an estimate and gave him a down payment, he is going to put a new roof on, and he is going to guarantee it for ten years.

12/10/2012

Patrick D.

see above

Description of Work
I live in Staten Island which just recently was hit with Hurricane Sandy so some of my problems may stem with the fact that this contractor got over burdened with work. Accurate was contracted to do my roof repair Bob the Owner of the company came personally to inspect my roof for damage was very professional and informative on all aspects of the repair. He explained exactly what his men were going to do and what additional costs I could incur if they found additional damage to the wood under my damage shingles. Accurate was not the least expensive or the most expensive of the four estimates I got but he seemed to be the most professional and honest. One person did not even go on my roof and gave me a estimate of $16000.00 another did go on my roof and promised to email me pictures of the damage along with the written estimate. Despite 2 conversations on the Phone I never got the email, he did give me a price of $5500.00. I agree with Accurate on a price of $6500.00 to do the job left him a $500 deposit. Here is where the problems started I called him for two weeks trying to get him in to do the work no return phone call. When I did finally get a call from him we set up an appointment for him to come by and let us pick out shingle colors. Again no call no show. Called him back left several messages finally picked the shingles out and set up a date for installation. which he had to cancel, But he did call. Work is finally done as described with no suprises, They were very neat picked up all the debris they left behind. One problem the dumpster which they had delivered on the day the work was done is still in front and is a large eyesore. I am not sure how many phone calls its going to take to get it removed. Christmas is around the corner. The company inability to follow through on return calls is my major complaint with the work and it could be a big one since I still have a large dumpster in front of my home with no pick up date in site.

12/01/2012

nancy A.

Another company put a new roof on the house. After they were finished, it leaked after some rain. When they came back to assess it, he stated it was from the chimmney and refused to fix it. Accurate Roofing company was called at this time. They came to the house quickly, assess and fixed the leak. Price was very fair. After some rain and especially Hurricane Sandy the roof does not leak. We would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
They fixed a leak from the roof, that was caused by another roofing company from Staten Island NY

Category roofing, home remodeling

09/21/2012

Margaret C.

My entire kitchen was gutted and redesigned. Bob from Accurate was very helpful with suggestions to the new design. I got new cabinets, windows, tile floor, granite counter tops, high hats in the ceiling and new appliances. Two skylights were added to the roof of the extension which helps the room look even larger and brighter. The extension to the kitchen makes it possible to use instead of the dining room when my family comes over, which is often. Bob and his workers were always very pleasant and helpful. The arrived on time, and did a good job. The kitchen was done beautifully, within the estimated price and time, and very neatly. I am so very happy with how my kitchen turned out and highly recommend Accurate Home Improvement to anyone who needs work on their kitchen. I plan on using them for other rooms in my house.

Description of Work
I had an extension to my kitchen done, 6 ft was added.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, flooring contractor, replacement windows, skylights, marble & granite, home remodeling

07/25/2012

Jennifer Z.

I had just purchased my first home and remodeling the kitchen was my top concern, especially with the holidays coming up. Bob at Accurate Home Improvement was able to make time during the busy Christmas season to come out and give us a free estimate, after shopping around we decided to go with Accurate because they had the best prices, were friendly, and guaranteed they would get the job done right and on time for the holidays. The entire crew was courteous and respectful, they arrived on time, worked clean and neatly and did not leave until the job was done. Bob made suggestions on ways to save money during the project while still getting the custom gourmet kitchen I was dreaming of. We are so happy with our new kitchen and will be calling them again once we are ready to do our bathrooms.

Description of Work
Full kitchen remodel, room expansion, new sheetrock, solid wood cabinets with lighting, glass tile backsplashgranite counter tops, center island, hardwood floors, custom stainless steel and glass vented hood, installation of appliances, new French doors to my porch

Category custom cabinets, countertops, hardwood floor, lighting, home remodeling, doors

07/23/2012

Annette S.

He was very professional and very nice. He also came back to check on things for me.

Description of Work
He fixed some boards on my roof and replaced the old shingles. He also installed an attic fan and some gutter guards.

07/20/2012

joe and karen V.

The overall job was completed in a timely fashion and was very well organized. I also loved the fact that the job was clean throughout all of the projects. I was very happy with the work completed and would highly recommend them to everyone I know.

Description of Work
Services upgraded in the kitchen:- Oak cabinets- Countertops- Electric and plumbing for appliances and fixtures

Category countertops, electrician, lighting, plumbing, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

07/13/2012

Lorraine S.

I had maple cabinets, granite floor, granite counter top, granite backsplash, electric, and recessed lighting installed. Robert and his crew were a pleasure to work with. They were always on time and took pride in their work. They were also very neat and clean. I never had to pick up after them. If anyone needs a kitchen or any other job done around their house, this is definitely the company to call. I am extremely happy with my new kitchen and plan on using Accurate Home Improvement in the near future as I remodel my home.

Description of Work
I had a total remodel done. Old kitchen was removed, including cabinets, floors, and walls.

Category flooring contractor, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

07/13/2012

Frank Z.

They were recommended by a friend who had also had her kitchen done, they were easy to work with, fast and accurate estimate, professional appearance when they showed up to start the job, they kept the job neat and cleaned up as they went along. They showed up on time every day, and the job was completed on time, and within the budget. They made good suggestions as to which finishes to go with, overall an excellent experience.

Description of Work
we had a complete kitchen renovation done: appliance installation, new walls, electric with recessed lighting, flooring, solid oak cabinets, granite countertops, and granite floor

Category custom cabinets, countertops, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, home remodeling

07/10/2012

Clifford A.

Overall experience with Accurate Home Improvement was excellent. I usually do not write reviews for services or products but I felt it necessary for Accurate. I hired them to remove my old cabinets (builder specials), install new cherry oak cabinets with a granite countertop and install new lighting. Working with Robert was hassle free and stress free. Any questions that I had were answered in a quick and very thorough manner. The quality of their work and attention to detail is top notch. After the build was completed my kitchen was left spotless so I didn't have to clean up after them. I have another project planned for the future and I will be using Accurate for that as well. I would absolutely recommend their services.

Description of Work
Remodeled kitchen.

Category home remodeling

07/05/2012

joe and karen V.

I was very happy with the job they where clean & neat & my roof looks wonderful.

Description of Work
Roofing,gutters& leeders.