We are actively performing limited services. We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Interior painting and plastering.

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Above & Beyond Carpentry Inc.

Founded 2012 • With Angi since February 2013

169 Lorraine Loop

Staten Island, NY 10309

Above & Beyond Carpentry is family owned and operated since 2012 specializing in residential handyman work, painting, carpentry and kitchen and bathroom remodeling. Honest, reliable and quality work is our priority. Contact us today for your next project....

03/03/2021

Doug M.

It went great! Very polite and reasonable pricing! Would recommend to anyone and everyone!

Description of Work
painting home

Category closet systems,drywall,house painters,interior painters

07/10/2019

Martin B.

This is the second time that Mark has done work for me. He is definitely my go-to person for any handyman type tasks. The first time he did work for me he raised the kitchen cabinet above my refrigerator so that I could fit a taller French Door refrigerator. No one else I spoke with could figure how to do this task at a reasonable cost. He came to my house to do an estimate and asked me if I wanted to do it right then. I said "yes". He did the job quickly and it looks great. He cleaned up the entire work area upon completion and even offered to help me place everything back in the cabinet when he was finished. My most recent project was to install new mirrored sliding closet doors in the hallway alongside my living room and hang some large wall art pieces. Since the new doors were too large and heavy for me to handle myself and fit in my SUV, he picked them up for me (at a nominal cost) when the order came in. This was a reasonably straight forward installation, but he is meticulous in planning and measuring first. After completing the doors in a very professional manner he moved on to installing the wall art. Again he began with very careful planning, measurement and positioning. Along the way he remained very inter-active with me making sure that he was positioning the wall art the way that I wanted. The walls that he installed to are higher than normal in a contemporary living room with a high sloped ceiling. Mark gets it right each time because of his knowledge, careful planning, and measurement. He has also done work for a friend of mine based on my recommendation and she also has been happy with the work that he has done. He installed bathroom grab bars, repaired a damaged sink, changed a water filter, and hung wall pieces for her. I think that his labor prices are very fair ($75/hour) for quality work by a craftsman. He is easy to contact via phone or text. He is punctual in coming when he says that he will arrive. Mark is friendly, doesn't mind some conversation while he is working, is responsive to suggestions, and is a pleasure to have working in my house. I will definitely go back to him for any future handyman work that I need to have done and have recommended him to friends who have tasks requiring his type services.

Description of Work
Install Mirrored Sliding Closet Door and hang two large and heavy pieces of wall art

09/23/2018

Dan B.

I cannot recommend Above & Beyond Carpenter and Mark Wirth highly enough. He has exceeded all our expectations and proven himself an expert carpenter and craftsman with high standards of quality, professionalism, honesty and customer service. In fact, I consider Mark to be a member of our family. It is very rare to find a contractor or any professional of his caliber.

Description of Work
Above & Beyond Carpentry has completed over 20 home improvement projects for us.

Category custom cabinets,contractors,ceramic tile,closet systems,drywall,electrician,flooring contractor,handyman service,heating & air conditioning/hvac,home inspection,lighting,plastering,plumbing,remodeling,water damage restoration,replacement windows,garage builders,window treatments,woodworking,ceiling fans,home remodeling,house painters,interior painters,doors,basement remodeling

I would like to thank [Member Name Removed] for being my 200th review! It has been a pleasure doing business with all of you great people. All of you have been like family, as [Member Name Removed] said. It's not often you get to love doing what you do for a living. I think it's time to announce my retirement plans and at this time its here. Angie's list has been great. I have always taken great pride in telling people that I won their super service award 5 years in a row (maybe this year 6?).The staff has always gone above and beyond. Over the next year I will be exploring the next phase of my life and will only be doing small local jobs. Again, I would like to thank you all for a great run. Thank You Mark Wirth

09/21/2018

John M.

I got in touch with several contractors and Mark Wirth at Above and Beyond Carpentry got the job. I sent him photos and measurements of the affected areas, but he felt it was important for him to actually see what work needed to be done. He made the long trip (before he even got the job) to see the scope of the job and to give me an accurate estimate. He'd also gave me suggestions about the best way to repair the damage. He got the job and put me on his work schedule. On that day, he texted me that he was on his way and proceeded to do the work and complete it in a timely manner. He was pleasant, professional, neat and very knowledgeable. I would not hesitate to recommend Mark from Above and Beyond Carpentry to anyone looking for a really good carpenter. I will hire him again in a NY minute!

Description of Work
I needed to have some termite-damaged basement floor joists and a damaged center beam repaired.

Category contractors,handyman service,foundation repair

08/13/2018

Asha B.

It went well. He's a very nice person.

Description of Work
He did some handyman projects, putting up a canopy, a closet rod, and other small odd jobs.

07/25/2018

Michael S.

Everything went perfectly. Came when he said he would. Gave advise by text on what material to buy. When I had the wrong thing, he went to Home Depot and picked it up himself. Had very high quality standards when doing the project. Was very friendly and good sense of humor. Would hire again for any future project.

Description of Work
replaced a fenced railing and added a handrail down basement stairs

06/29/2018

Alan W.

Mark did a number of jobs the day he was with us. We usually have a long list to be done on our 1920s built house. Most challenging was the repair of the portion of an interior stucco wall which had been turned to mush by a broken steam valve. He repaired the wall and matched almost perfectly the look of the stucco.

Description of Work
Repair of interior stucco wall

Category handyman service,water damage restoration,woodworking

05/27/2018

Rose S.

Mar Wirth was efficient punctual and I definitely would recommend him to my friends and will call him again.

Description of Work
Installed bathroom medicine cabinet and overhead lights

05/27/2018

Wendy S.

Mark did an amazing job. He was professional, honest and extremely good at what he does. He also took the time to fully assess the job and give me his expert opinion on how to best handle each concern. He was an absolute pleasure to work with and I have and will continue to use him going forward.

Description of Work
My previous contractor abandoned the job after 2 weeks and left my house in ruins. I needed carpentry, electrical, and plumbing handled.

04/26/2018

Crystal C.

Mark was professional, worked efficiently and completed the job as promised. The price was very fair and I would highly recommend him to anyone in search of a carpenter.

Description of Work
Miscellaneous repairs from inspection report.

Category electrician,handyman service,woodworking

AA Window Repair Service

Certified Mold Removal Inc.

Certified Mold Removal has been providing expert licensed and certified mold inspection, testing, removal and remediation services Since 1995! Not All Mold is Dangerous! Don't Let Other Companies Scare You! Call now and we can have a licensed and certified mold inspector at your home today!

Izucar Home Renovation

Izucar Home Renovation is a family owned business that has operating since 2010. We fix existing homes better, with honesty, care, love and professionalism. Izucar Home Renovations specializes in painting, windows, wood flooring, doors, tiles and more. Our company is effective, loyal and available to wok in all 5 bureaus.

201-8533
    Visa, MasterCard, Check, PayPal
    5% up to $100

Roofing & siding.

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Above & Beyond Carpentry Inc.

How is Above & Beyond Carpentry Inc. overall rated?

Above & Beyond Carpentry Inc. is currently rated 4.8 overall out of 5.

What days are Above & Beyond Carpentry Inc. open?

Above & Beyond Carpentry Inc. is open:

What payment options does Above & Beyond Carpentry Inc. provide

Above & Beyond Carpentry Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Visa, MasterCard, Check, PayPal

Does Above & Beyond Carpentry Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, Above & Beyond Carpentry Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does Above & Beyond Carpentry Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Above & Beyond Carpentry Inc. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Above & Beyond Carpentry Inc. offer a senior discount?

No, Above & Beyond Carpentry Inc. does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by Above & Beyond Carpentry Inc.?

Yes, Above & Beyond Carpentry Inc. offers warranties.

What services does Above & Beyond Carpentry Inc. offer?

Above & Beyond Carpentry Inc. offers the following services: Handyman Services. Kitchen & bathroom renovations. Painting, property preservation, water damage repair, window & door installations, flooring & custom tile work.

Are there any services Above & Beyond Carpentry Inc. does not offer?

Roofing & siding.