Wickes Arborists

Founded 1929 • With Angi since June 2012

11 McNamara Rd

Spring Valley, NY 10977

We are extremely proud to be one of the very few tree professionals that have Certified Arborists on staff. Certified Arborists must have extensive experience in arboriculture, pass a multi-domain examination developed by an international panel of experts, and continually improve and increase their arboriculture knowledge through continuing education and development. See how our Certified Arborists can help you improve your landscape investment....

4.4

tree service (34)

09/16/2021

The crew was pleasant, efficient and skillful in their handling of the trees.We are completely satisfied and plan to work with them to insure that our trees remain healthy.

Description of Work
We had an extensive project involving work on 15 trees. They were pruned and shaped.Several trees needed to be removed.

Work Completed On 09/16/2021

07/02/2021

Jeff came to assess a tree in my yard. He showed up on time and was very pleasant. When he went to assess the tree, he answered my questions directly and gauged my understanding. I appreciated his using analogies I would understand when it seemed I didn’t fully understand. He took his time and explained the choices. I highly recommend Wickes Arborists.

Description of Work
Assessment of tree

Work Completed On 07/02/2021

09/18/2016

From the beginning to the end, the process went very smoothly. John came over and took his time going through all the suggested work to be done and explaining the rationale why it should be done. It left us very comfortable understanding our options, and his recommendations were very sound. The work was done very well, and we can see how much healthier the trees look.

Description of Work
Removed two damaged trees, pruned a big number of large pine trees.

Work Completed On 05/16/2016

Thank you for the review! It was a pleasure.

01/27/2016

I was very satisfied with the work, courtesy, and professionalism of the crew. They marked the gas line, electric and water lines on the property so the working environment and my home were safe. I really appreciate that I don't have the worry that something will fall on the house, street or car.

Description of Work
Took down live trees which were in danger of landing on the house, the street, the electrical lines, and the driveway. They got a permit for the work and the town sent me a copy. Also took down dead trees and pruned some others.

Work Completed On 12/01/2015

Thank you for the review! It was a pleasure.

06/25/2014

They are very good. They have been in business for close to 50 years. I have used Wick several times and they have always impressed me and left me very pleased with the results. In high school, I worked for a competitor of Wicks, so I know they are top notch guys.

Description of Work
Wicks did a lot of work for me, including cutting back a tree, reinforced some branches that were falling down (saving the tree) and took out another tree. They allowed me to pay it off in installments, which was very thoughtful and helpful.

Work Completed On 06/25/2012

[member name removed], Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure doing business with you. We like to treat our customers as family.

06/19/2014

They have the knowledgeable base and they are practical because they realize that you don't really want to spend a lot money where it's not necessary. There was a tree way back at the back of my property that they said could fall at some point or branches could come off, but they said since it wouldn't cause damage to my property, it wouldn't make sense at this point to take down that tree unless ...

Description of Work
I've used Wickes Arborists. They did a lot of assessment and pruning.

Work Completed On 06/10/2014

Dear Ms. [removed member name], Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure doing business with you. Please don't hesitate to call us for your future needs.

05/22/2014

All went well and they followed up to see how we felt

Description of Work
Cut down a tree and trimmed another one

Work Completed On 06/11/2013

Dear Mr. [removed member name], Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure doing business with you.

04/29/2014

Unprofessional, rude and argumentative. I had to ask him to leave.

Description of Work
he came to give an estimate to trim some trees.

Work Completed On 04/29/2014

Wickes is sorry this client feels this way. She asked us to come by and evaluate her neighbors trees. We had a Consult fee at this time which this client felt she didn't have to pay. The Arborist asked what her concerns were anyway. She wanted the trees cut in half along her property. The Arborist informed her this wasn't morally right or legal. The severe pruning would have killed the trees, whic...

10/27/2013

I had three trees on my property that needed to be removed before winter set in. In addition, I had a several trees on the property that were in good shape but were in need of some pruning. I was looking for a professional Arborist to survey the property and determine how to best accomplish this without damaging the nearby trees and vegetation. In my professional life I have hired many contractors...

Description of Work
Removed some trees that had become a hazard and pruned other trees.

Work Completed On 10/21/2013

Thank you so much, [member name removed], for the "pat on the back" we love to get. What you described in your review is what we strive to achieve with EVERY customer. We hope we can serve you again in the future for the care of any of your "green assests" Sincerely, Barbara Soldano, Office Manager

08/06/2013

The work went extremely well as it was over 100 degrees and the people also provided a nice cleanup afterwards as well

Description of Work
Cut down huge black locust tree and trimmed river birch

Work Completed On 07/19/2013

Thank you for your great review. We appreciate your interest.

Arborists: General Tree Work, Plant Healthcare, Lawn Treatments, Cabling & Lightening proof & Arbosonic Diagnostics

Landscaping & Lawn Mowing