Steve Byrne Painting

Founded 1989 • With Angi since October 2008

850 Franklin St

Skaneateles, NY 13152

5-10 Employees. No Subs. No Travel Costs....

07/14/2021

Janen A.

The work was horrible. He does not even check the work of his workers, if you call back to ask him to come over he totally ignores your calls. Probably the worst painting I have ever seen. They did not prep, just painted over things that needed to be sanded and then got paint on furniture, new vanities, new cabinets and he has refused four times to correct it and will not return calls. Other professionals were shocked with what a mess it is. Do NOT hire him.

Description of Work
Interior painting

Category interior painters

09/12/2018

Mary W.

The two men that worked on my house were very friendly.One worker preped the house for painting.The other sprayed painted the house.I appreciated all the little extra things they painted for me.But I made the mistake of not checking there work closely until after they left.Bad idea!I discovered that many areas were not fully covered with paint.And the painted finish was like fine sand paper,instead smooth like it should have bin.I used a top quality, $40.00 a gallon satin finish paint.You could see the large arching he made with the spray gun,instead of moving the paint gun straight right too left,left too right.Yes I have done some spray painting,my shed,and I fouled the sprayer instructions.I believe he was trying to cover a larger area in order to get job done sooner.After showing MR.Bryne the problems,and some strong convincing ,he agreed to a brush and roller repainting the fowling year.They returned this year with only an eight ft. latter.The gable ends of my house are at least twenty ft. high.I provided them with my twenty ft. extension latter.I have a small ranch house. It took four gallons to paint the sides &front of my house the first time.They used only one&a half gallons the second time.Do you see a problem here!? I sure do.Nice guys,but not professionals.What else can I say,except hire at your own risk!!

Description of Work
Painting both ends &front of my house.

08/17/2017

Melinda K.

Steve and his foreman Mike were very responsive and professional throughout the process. We weren't home when the crew was painting, but they did a great job and kept their supplies, ladders, etc. contained in a small section of the house. There was a small issue in the beginning -- the spackle didn't look like it was sanded down completely in some areas and was showing through the paint, but Mike addressed it right away and we are happy with the final result. They also accommodated a last minute change. Steve's quote was on par with other quotes we received, and we would use them again.

Description of Work
Steve's crew painted the majority of the first floor of our house (2 coats), including 18 foot vaulted ceilings in our living room.

Category interior painters

12/06/2016

Antoniette S.

Very pleased. Staff professional. Neat.

Description of Work
Window trims needed painting. Entrance door, garage door, side door, shed door etc.

10/26/2015

Ryan C.

I could not be happier with the result of this work. It did take some time to get the crew in, but we quoted a little late in the season, which is par for the course with exterior painting. They came in as the lowest of four quotes and there was zero disappointment in the quality of their work. They had extraordinary attention to detail for the entire job and left without a trace. They were very easy to work with and clearly communicated any questions they had along the way. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
This job was painting the exterior of our house, which is a four BR folk victorian (~1700sqft) with some very high peaks, lots of detail work, and little space to setup around the house. It included scraping and painting all shutters, the front door, trim, siding, and detached garage.

10/19/2015

John D.

Steve recommended that we try something else (other then powerwash) We have a well so shipping in water would have been expensive. We took his advise and used a wet dry vac which we did ourselves. Wonderful results. A very honest and professional man.

Description of Work
Estimate for power wash of interior of barn for a wedding reception

10/09/2015

Lenore O.

Professional kind and courteous, did not leave any messes, house looks like new!

Description of Work
painted exterior of home, cedar siding

08/21/2015

Laurie O.

Steve Byrne's people did a great job with my house. They were professional and did careful work. I would not hesitate to hire them again!

Description of Work
They painted the exterior of my house, including garage doors and trims.

06/05/2015

Christopher G.

Steve responded to our call promptly and gave us a reasonable estimate. We expected to have to wait 4-6 weeks for them to start, but were pleasantly surprised when they came just two weeks after we accepted their proposal. Foreman Rob and crew were punctual and courteous. Rob was knowledgeable and helpful with regard to paint selection, and showed concern for details and the quality of the job being done. We appreciated his ability to communicate clearly with us about the progress of the work and his responsiveness to our requests. With a large crew on hand the first day, they were able to complete the work in three days. We are extremely pleased with the results; they clearly take pride in their work and pay attention to detail. I highly recommend them and would hire them again without hesitation.

Description of Work
Painted exterior of home, one coat of body and trim. Did some repairs to porch balustrade and door frame.

04/30/2015

Lou S.

He's a good guy and I'd use him again, but he didn't want to do the work due to the condition of the concrete, as he couldn't warranty the work.

Description of Work
He came to give me an estimate on painting concrete.

12/23/2014

Paula C.

Steve was quick to respond to our call, clear about scheduling, and reasonable in price. His crew did a good job -- there was a lot of prep work required, which they did thoroughly, and they also cleaned up after themselves pretty well.

Description of Work
Painted our large house that needed it badly after more than 8 years!

Category house painters,interior painters

10/30/2014

Nancy S.

The crew arrived on time every day until the job was done. Rob, the foreman, made a great effort to keep me informed and ask about certain issues each day. It was a pleasant, refreshing experience.

Description of Work
Painted exterior of our house, deck and 3 level garage.

10/27/2014

Janet M.

The painter worked both Saturday and Sunday, working on covered porches when weather demanded. He returned on one or two other occasions to finish the foundation because of needing to wait for patches to dry and weather to cooperate. The painter was professional, courteous, and careful to clean up areas as he worked.

Description of Work
Pressure washed, scraped and primed where needed, and stained house exterior same color. Scraped and resurfaced foundation where needed and painted it the same color.

10/23/2014

Sarah W.

Steve's crew power washed everything even removing a trellis and some other things that I could not take off. Steve helped me choose the color by taking my comments to his dealer and having him mix a special blend for me. He applied a sample as soon as the wood was dry after washing for my approval. They were off and running the next day! Rob and his crew were very professional, communicating with me when necessary to arrange the schedule. Each evening everything was neatly stacked out of the way. The job was completed within the week, looks great and was completely angst-free! The contract was billed as estimated and I am very satisfied with the entire experience; the personal interactions, the quality of materials used, the care of the process, respect for me and my home and the value of the service. I highly recommend Steve Byrne.

Description of Work
I contracted with Steve Byrne to stain my 1.5 story cedar board and groove home. The job involved power washing and two coats of a mid-high end solid brown stain. He also provided a separate bid to clean and seal my porch and deck floors which I did have done.

10/05/2014

Linda L.

I hired this contractor to pressure wash and stain my deck in preparation for winter. Steve was prompt in returning my call and getting my quote emailed over to me. They got the work done in a reasonable amount of time considering it is fall and there is probably a list of people to get this service done. My only issue was I was not given a color swatch until the day the worker called me to say he was going to be at my house which required me to take time off of work to run home and meet him to pick a color but that worked out to be a minor inconvenience overall. The work was completed in two days and the deck looks great! I would definitely recommend this company and would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Pressure washed and stained my back deck

Category deck cleaning,pressure washing,house painters

09/16/2014

Debbie R.

Very happy with them and came on time. Friendly and professional, did an excellent job and we would definitely hire them again if needed.

Description of Work
They painted our shutters and the trim around the house. Also painted our front door.

09/14/2014

Thomas S.

Steve Byrne promptly responded to my request for a quote via email and arrived on time to inspect the job. I received a quote within two days via email. He was slightly more expensive than another quote from a similarly reputable painter, but based on his reviews, choice of materials, and the "likeability quotient" I selected him. I only saw Steve on the job site once during the process, with the majority of my contact with Joe, his foreman. Joe was very easy to work with, very personable, responded well to suggestions and direction, and was very thorough. Despite Steve initially saying that he would put me in the schedule and contact me when time was available, he contacted me in less than two weeks to begin work. The crew was very professional, arrived on time, worked full days, and kept the job site meticulously neat and tidy. My house is 4000 SF with a very complex roofline, a combination of clapboard and shingles, and exposed woodwork that required attention. They offered advice on materials, preparation, and finish and worked hard to see that I was satisfied with the results. At the completion of the job Joe did a complete walk around inspection with me to assure that all was completed to my satisfaction. They completed the job quickly and efficiently with excellent results and not a sign that they were ever there. No splatter, no mess, clean and neat. I would be hard pressed to find a negative. SImply tell them exactly what you want and they will make sure it is done. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Exterior paint, caulk, pressure wash

08/27/2014

Jodi Q.

I really loved working with these guys. They went above and beyond to make sure that the job was done right and it looked really good. They always showed up on time and didn't leave any mess. There was even some weather stripping on the outside of some of my windows that they pulled down while they were on the ladders because it didn't look good from the front of the house. Working with Steve and the project manager was a breeze. I had no complaints and they treated me very good. I made sure when they were done to complement Steve on the service that they provided. I also found that they had the cheapest price which was a bonus! You won't regret hiring Steve and his Crew!

Description of Work
Painted the exterior of my 1,854 square foot colonial house

08/23/2014

Jo F.

We were very happy with the service. Steve and his staff were professional. Replies were prompt and work began as scheduled. They did a great job and paid attention to small details. The paint job looks fantastic. I would definitely recommend this company to others and use them again.

Description of Work
Exterior home painting.

08/20/2014

Nancy O.

Steve came promptly for the estimate and was able to schedule a crew right away. Very good job. very good quality. I would have them come again and I have already recommended them to others.

Description of Work
Exterior house painting

08/07/2014

Sherill K.

The crew showed up bright and early each morning and stayed all day. At times there were six guys working. They cleaned the site each day and stored materials out of sight. They vacuumed up all the paint chips that came off during power washing and cleaned the surrounding surfaces of any residual paint. We are very happy with the work...the barn looks fantastic!

Description of Work
Power washed, scraped and painted barn/garage.

08/05/2014

George D.

Steve Byrne Painting crew was punctual, courteous, and neat. .The quality of work was excellent and , I would recommend them for anyone seeking a dependable and quality painting service

Description of Work
Service provided was house and deck power washing and stainning

Category decks,deck cleaning,pressure washing,house painters

08/03/2014

Dan R.

It went perfectly smooth. The painter contacted me with a start date. he arrived at the designated time. The work was well done, and very neat. Very good job and pleased with the outcome.

Description of Work
Painted all exterior trim including doors and garage door on brick house.

06/03/2014

James S.

Initially Steve met with us to appraise the work. He took his time to understand all of our needs. His estimate included all of the details that we had discussed. Steve's crew of Jeremy, Doug and Matt were very thorough in every aspect of their work. They were no hassle to deal with and got along with each other and there was no loud music blaring - which is not typical for many painters and roofers. They initially power washed the exterior. Scraped and primed as needed. They applied body, trim and a third color for the door areas. The first day they painted samples of the body and trim colors. Jeremy wanted us to be sure of our selections. After seeing that, we changed the trim color?and were much happier with the new color. At the end of every day they vacuumed and swept. Since we have a sloped driveway, this was not an easy job with a 40 foot ladder. Our downspout was clogged and they even cleaned that out. We are fussy homeowners and want work to be done at a high level. We couldn't be more satisfied. We highly recommend Steve Byrne Painting!

Description of Work
They painted the exterior of our three story house...6400 square feet including 38 windows.

01/05/2014

Carolyn G C.

Attention to detail was their strong suit.

Description of Work
Finished the exterior painting of my lake house on Skaneateles Lake.