Northeastern Masonry & Chimney

Founded 1995 • With Angi since July 2006

4.4

DBA - Northeastern Fireplace and Design. Family Owned and Operated. Estimates available. No mess guaranteed. Member of: New York State Chimney Sweep Guild and National Chimney Sweep Guild. Certified Chimney Safety Institute of America: ID# 4925. Additional Phones: (518) 731-9510, (518) 756-3007. Additional web: www.chimneysweepalbanyny.com. We also service customers in the Upper Hudson Valley, NY & Western Mass areas....

Masana Roofing And Construction

The roof of your home is its first line of defense against Mother Nature. Therefore, you don’t want to choose a second-rate roofing contractor. If you live in the Albany, NY area, you just need to remember the name Masana Roofing & Construction. We can handle all your roofing projects. Though we were just established in December 2020, our staff is well-versed in roofing work. We pride our company on reliability, great communication, integrity, and quality work. We are experts in our trade and will do our best to keep you as educated as we can on your particular task or project.

Bill Miles Custom Masonry & Repair

If the stone work around your home is damaged or worn-out, you could be on your way to a major repair. Some of easiest small problems to fix, leaks, cracks, and small separations, can lead to severe damage and an empty wallet. The team at Bill Miles Custom Masonry & Repair can help you diagnose and repair these problems while they're small, saving you a lot of money! All types of masonry structures built and maintained We work with every type of masonry construction. Whether you need help with your chimney, or are interested in a new stone walkway, you can count on our skilled team of masons to get the job done. We don't believe in quick fixes, and want to make sure that the work we do will be standing for generations to come.

Staats Masonry

Staats Masonry is a small family owned business (Howard and Serena Staats). Over 30 years experience in Masonry and Construction services, with 2 years vocational schooling. Formally trained and certified by well known industry leaders such as Increte, Colormaker and Engrave-a-crete. We repair and replace foundation walls, install drainage systems, catch basins We build retaining walls, install bluestone patios/sidewalks, we also install paver/concrete patios/sidewalk. Rebuild/repair porches/steps. There’s no jobs too small.

05/05/2020

Great experience. Would recommend them.

Description of Work
Repointing, flashing and a new lining.

Category chimney repair

05/02/2020

Very professional. Max, Joe and Dan showed up on time, worked all day and did a beautiful job! Thanks!

Description of Work
Chimney rebuild, Liner install

Category masonry,chimney caps,chimney repair

11/28/2018

I called Northeast once and also sent a message to them through the Angies List website to see if I could get someone to give me a price on doing this work but never heard from them either by phone or email.

Description of Work
We needed the concrete cap on out chimney replaced.

Category chimney repair

11/22/2017

Technician arrived timely and was pleasant. Inspection report included very little detail. Technician's description of included service not upheld by company. Had to call multiple times to finally get a follow up appointment, taking time off work, only to be told that there was a misunderstanding (that could have been resolved by phone) and that no work could be done that day if I chose to hire th...

Description of Work
Chimney inspection.

Category chimney sweep,chimney repair

10/31/2016

Very well. Complete inspection and thorough cleaning.205.00

Description of Work
Inspection and cleaning of fireplace chimney.

Category chimney sweep,chimney repair,fireplaces

10/21/2016

Super-professional, efficient. Great job!

Description of Work
Bricks needed pointing and chimney cap needed replacing.

Category chimney sweep","chimney cap contractor","chimney repair contractor

07/05/2016

The company was awesome! When my hot water heater needed to be replaced, the plumber informed me that I first had to instal a chimney liner. I called several companies, and Northeastern made the first appointment for an estimate. The estimate was within the range I expected after researching the product and process online, and the representatives were very helpful and courteous. Within a few hours, I had a date for installation within that week and financing arranged. Jon and Chris came out for the installation, and they were courteous, efficient, and pleasant. The company made the whole process as painless as possible and allowed me to restore hot water as quickly as possible. thank you!

Description of Work
Installed a UL LIsted Stainless Chimney Liner

Category chimney repair contractor

04/09/2016

Contractor responded with (what I believed to be) a extremely high estimate so I never used the service.

Description of Work
Asked for an estimate concerning some Masonry work to be done on my house. The work was to be covered as part of the special deal $149 for $300 worth of work.

Category masonry contractor

03/07/2016

I met with a representative at my home with concerns in three specific areas that needed re-pointing. I had prioritized the work, in case it could not be completed in one visit. I had the brick on-site; and, only needed a professional installer who would use the appropriate mortar for our historic preservation designation, (in the front). I waited MONTHS for the bid(s); often, calling every other week for an up-date. We had remarkable weather; which only made the wait more painful, as it was perfect for cement! Finally, I asked Angie's list for assistance in the return of my funds. The complete lack of communication or the expected aspect of "follow-through" was disappointing. Regretfully, I can not recommend business with this organization.

Description of Work
Waste my time.

Category masonry contractor

02/22/2016

They are excellent. They show up when they say they will. They are polite. They are clean and they clean up after. So they do not track soot into your house, they put down protective coverings. They are very careful and conscientious. One time, they were going to be late because something came up, they called me ahead of time. Things happen and there is nothing you can do, but they called so that is all you can do.

Description of Work
I use Northeastern Masonry & Chimney. I had my wood stove chimney cleaned every year. They clean the chimney. They remove any creosote that is on top of the roof. If there is a gunk up there, they clean it. They guarantee their work. They take pictures so you can see all the way up as it is cleaned. They show you what they do.

Category chimney sweep

Chimney cleaning, repair, lining, fireplaces, gas insert installation & masonry.

Water heaters, plumbing.