Windswept Chimney Service

Founded 1986 • With Angi since September 2011

6 Vista Dr

Schenectady, NY 12302

Warming Hearths Since 1986, Windswept Chimney services the Capital District Area. We pride ourselves on our thoroughness and attention to doing the job right the first time. We strive to offer honest opinions and to serve our customers to the best of our ability. We will perform emergency inspections at any time! 2011 marks our 25th year of service to our customers. We have survived in the tough economic market because we do care about our customers. Our pricing begins at $100 for a service call, $179 for a standard sweep and inspection of a UL Listed Appliance connected to a chimney or open fireplace and $275 for a Level II Color Video Inspection with full report. Our first concern is our customers safety. We are fully insured....

07/22/2022

marcia S.

From the first contact to completion of the repair work the staff was very professional and the work was completed on time and the chimneys look great! Tom was very knowledgeable and gave good advice not just on our chimneys, but also gave us a heads up on the condition of our roof.

Description of Work
Chimney repair

Category chimney sweep, masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

01/07/2018

sara H.

Now (in this subzero weather) we can ENJOY the warmth of the fireplace! Thank you Windswept 💨💨

Description of Work
Masonry and a fireplace liner. It was a very big job due to previous poor craftsmanship from the fireplace insert. Windswept was wonderful! Frank and his assistant were great

Category chimney sweep, masonry, chimney repair, fireplaces

10/24/2013

Jocelyn R.

Very professional. Arrived earlier then determined time and performed all work exceptionally well. Could not be more pleased. Will be using again in the future and recommend to anyone. Very pleasant experience.

Description of Work
cleaned and inspected chimney to ensure it was servicable prior to the winter use.

Category chimney sweep

09/16/2012

Susan S.

Frank is very thorough and genuinely cares about health and safety of his clients (actually everyone's health and safety). He goes the extra mile and he impressed me beyond words. You owe it to yourself to use the very best - Windswept Chimney Service. He takes great pride in his work and it shows. Now I know why I've been so lethargic and nauseous for so long. Frank explained that the only thing that saved me was that they also never connected the exhaust liner at the top of the chimney so a lot of emissions were still able to be released outside the house. I did not have a CO monitor but I bought one after Frank left and the minute I put the batteries in, it went crazy and would not stop. I opened every window in the house and only today, 5 days later, closed them now that the monitor no longer sounds the alarm. Frank saved my life.

Description of Work
I called Windswept per the advice of my son-in-law. Four years ago, I'd had Central Masonry & Chimney Services completely rebuild my chimney. Last year when Central Masonry came to do a chimney sweep, they said I needed a new liner. I thought it odd since I'd just have a brand new chimney installed from the roof up. Wouldn't the liner be new? This year, I called Windswept Chimney services to come and clean my chimney and give me a 2nd opinion about the need for a new liner. Frank was awesome. He sat down and read all my paperwork from Central Masonry from when they installed the chimney. He said that he saw flaws in the chimney when he had driven up. He brought me down to the basement so I could watch and observe as he removed the vent from the gas heater going into the chimney wall where it should have connected to the new liner. He was not happy about what he found. Central Masonry had not hooked up the liner to the vent. He then went upstairs and out on to the roof. The liner wasn't hooked up properly at the chimney top either and there were other code violations as well. Frank called Central Masonry & Chimney Services and told them of their gross negligence and to get out to my house and fix it asap. Frank made a list of corrections that were needed so that I could go over the list with Central Masonry. They showed up the next morning to make corrections. Frank is coming back to inspect their work to make sure it's done right. Frank sat down and explained to me how the venting system should look. He explained that they should have gotten a building permit if I didn't and if that had been done, the work would not have passed inspection. They never told me I needed a building permit. Frank took so much time to help me. I know that for any and all of my future work, he will be the one and only person I call for my chimney work. Frank asked where my warranty for the liner was and I told him I was never given one. He said I should have received a warranty and he showed me examples of warranties that he had in his own clipboard. When I asked Central Masonry for a warranty, they said my receipt was my warranty. NEVER hire Central Masonry & Chimney Services. Hire Windswept. Frank is the best.

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair

Bill Miles Custom Masonry & Repair

If the stone work around your home is damaged or worn-out, you could be on your way to a major repair. Some of easiest small problems to fix, leaks, cracks, and small separations, can lead to severe damage and an empty wallet. The team at Bill Miles Custom Masonry & Repair can help you diagnose and repair these problems while they're small, saving you a lot of money! All types of masonry structures built and maintained We work with every type of masonry construction. Whether you need help with your chimney, or are interested in a new stone walkway, you can count on our skilled team of masons to get the job done. We don't believe in quick fixes, and want to make sure that the work we do will be standing for generations to come.

RJM Contracting

Specializing in decks, kitchen/bath/basement remodeling, tile work, and concrete! We always guarantee your satisfaction and won’t leave until the job is done right. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Stanley General Construction

*Call Today For A FREE Estimate* We specialize in all things Asphalt, Concrete, and Property Maintenance!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express

Chimney sweeping, specialty cleanings (for creosote laden chimneys), stove installations (pellet, gas & wood), chimney repairs, Level II Inspections for Real Estate closings and insurance claims, venting specialists. Educated and honest. CSIA Certified sweep on staff