Wheeler Heating & Cooling

Founded 2012 • With Angi since November 2012

426 Bedford Rd

Schenectady, NY 12308

When you want quality air conditioning repair, boiler repair, furnace repair, and more in Albany and beyond, Wheeler Heating and Cooling is your best bet. We’re the HVAC contractors you can rely on when you want affordable HVAC installation and repairs. From oil to gas conversion to heat pump

10/31/2019

Ryan A.

Great, installed on time and on budget.

Description of Work
New gas furnace install

08/28/2019

Leo Z.

I just learned of Wheeler Heating and Cooling by skimming through reviews here. I called them up and Michael came over to see what needed to be done. (I was buying my mini-split unit on my own and just needed someone to install it. For a number of reasons, it was a complicated install. Plus, many installers will only work with you if you buy the unit from them.) Immediately I knew Michael knew his stuff and, more importantly, that I could trust him. He sent me a written estimate via email the same day. These things are no cheap, but his estimate was considerably lower than all other estimates I had received. Then I met Michael's sons: Aaron, Zachary, and Matthew - all great guys: very knowledgeable and very professional. In their second visit, as they removed the old unit, a further complication with the install was found, and the cost went up, but even with this increase, the cost was lower than any competitor. Again, I understood what the problem was, and why there had to be a change in the cost. So, now my new system is installed and working perfectly. I not only found someone to install it, but I plan to go to Wheeler for any HVAC need in the future. They are the real deal: professional, hard-working, and honest! Thanks so much guys!

Description of Work
New AC Mini-Split Install

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

07/30/2019

Nicole N.

Great. I just have to replace the trim around the access door to the attic crawlspace.

Description of Work
Replacement of old Central Air system.

01/12/2019

Cathy C.

Excellent! Professional friendly quality service.

Description of Work
new furnace

10/12/2018

David P.

It went very well. They showed up on the appointed day and did the work as contracted. We had asked several other bidders for more control over fan speed and were told that it was not possible and we did not want it, but Wheeler was able to supply it and it is easy for us to use. They are very knowledgeable about the products they sell and give good advice, Their price was significantly better than several of the other bidders. Best of all everyone we dealt with was pleasant, knowledgeable, professional and took the time to be sure we were getting what we wanted.

Description of Work
Replaced existing heat pump system with air conditioner and propane furnace, and modified some distribution ducting.

10/02/2018

Tsatsu F.

Found bad compressor. Recommended replacement of entire unit including air handler due to difference in refrigerant. Quote for entire replacement seemed high at the onset. Will get additional quotes before taking a final decision.

Description of Work
Troubleshoot non-working home AC system

08/30/2018

Nicholas H.

These guys are terrific. Great service, reasonable prices, and technicians who really know what they're doing. They're a small family business that treats their customers right. I called them at 8:00am this morning and they had a tech here by 9:30am. I was afraid that my 15 year old A/C system had finally reached the end of it's life and I told the tech as much, but he ran some tests and determined that it was just a bad capacitor (the cheapest thing to replace!). Not only was he honest about what need to be fixed, he actually had the right part on his truck and fixed it right then and there. After he had it up and running, he noticed that it wasn't running quite as efficiently as it should be, and took the time to figure out that it was because there were a bunch of vents closed causing back-pressure on the system. I couldn't be more pleased. I'll be recommending them to my family and friends.

Description of Work
Central A/C Repair

04/06/2018

Margaret M.

This is the A team! They are fabulous! They are courteous, sharp, focused, knowledgeable, go out of their way to be helpful, and are totally self-sufficient. They are prompt and bring their own carpet covers, and tools including vacuums. At times they worked in teams as needed, so over two days I met Michael, Aaron and Zachery. They did the conversion from oil to gas- installed a new gas furnace and removed the old oil furnace; cleared brush from an area outdoors and installed an air conditioner where there never was one before. This was done in cold, damp, windy weather without a hint of complaint. They also did their best to guide me in rebates. There was one rebate where the funds need to be reserved before the rebate application can be processed (Really. It is in the small print.) Wheeler H&C already reserved the funds for me. They are superb, highly trained professionals who provide the absolute best in customer service! COST: Now, for some reason this Angie's List site is not accepting my entry for the "approximate cost of service" so I will list it here as a very competitive rate of $8,950 for all the equipment and installation services for heating and air conditioning. This is the amount paid before the rebates, so I will soon see some of the funds rebated. Price wise this is a good deal considering all the work that was involved. Angie's List give an average for the Albany area of $3,701 for installation of a furnace, and $5,247 for installation of air conditioning. Most people I talked with in Saratoga County, where this house is located, paid between $4,000- $5,000 for the furnace and a little more for their air conditioning. Of course a lot depends upon the property size, house requirements, and equipment chosen. I am very pleased with the thoughtful communication and expertise Wheeler Heating and Cooling provided, and found their prices to be very reasonable. Bring in the pros to help solve your problem- give Wheeler Heating & Cooling a call!

Description of Work
Needed an oil furnace repaired but decided to convert to gas and add air conditioning

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you, for the kind words! It was our distinct pleasure to serve you,

03/09/2018

Arthur D.

They were prompt and did a professional job inspecting the furnace

Description of Work
They inspected and cleaned the furnace. The also gave us an estimate for a new one.

02/26/2018

Joan V.

The gentleman arrived on time and went right to work. He even put paper booties on his feet so as not to track dirt through the house. Upon finishing he explained everything he did. I was very pleased with his work.

Description of Work
Furnace cleaning

01/30/2018

Doug L.

Very professional and helpful recommendations on spot.

Description of Work
Inspection for heating unit

01/17/2018

Peter B.

Excellent - responsive, great work done in both cases.

Description of Work
Central air replacement unit, yearly maintenance on heating system and tankless water heater.

01/08/2018

Anthony P.

The technician pointed out the failing parts of the furnace, and we eventually had it replaced with a new one. At all points I had no doubt of their expertise and professionalism. The company also helped us get a rebate that was being offered through the utility company. Overall, they were exceptional and I have no reservations on recommending them.

Description of Work
We were having a problem with a gas furnace, and it started out as a general inspection. The technician was the most competent and knowledgable of anyone who looked at our HVAC system.

01/02/2018

joseph B.

fine all done on time and under cost

Description of Work
furnace expansion tank

Category electrician

12/21/2017

mohammad S.

will recomend them and hire again excellent and quick service

Description of Work
installed new furnace

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

12/14/2017

Joan K.

It was a great experience. Glad to know it is a small family business.- Knowledgeable, professional, friendly, reasonable. Would hire again without a doubt.

Description of Work
Furnace cleaning

11/18/2017

Utkarsh A.

No complaints. Arrived on time and was helpful with my inquiries etc. I'll hire them again.

Description of Work
Annual furnace inspection

11/16/2017

Donna M.

Always professional, thorough, happy to answer questions. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
I have used them several times already, both for furnace check and air conditioning check up.

11/15/2017

Patricia S.

No problem, they always do a great job.

Description of Work
Cleaned and inspected the furnace.

11/07/2017

kim G.

professional, courteous, explained everything being done and reasonable rates

Description of Work
boiler to be inspected, needed one part replaced

11/06/2017

David B.

Great friendly family owned and operated business

Description of Work
Furnace cleaning.

10/30/2017

JOHN K.

I was very pleased. When the employee was stuck in traffic I received a call alerting me to the possibility of a late arrival. (He still arrived on time) The employee was polite, professional, informative and friendly. He explained everything he did, answered all of my questions and cleaned up.

Description of Work
It was just an annual cleaning and inspection.

10/23/2017

Rochelle R.

Terrible- could not fix thermostat and cost for new thermostat was unbelievably expensive. So I bought my own thermostat, called some one else and paid have the price. Buyer beware!!!

Description of Work
Needed thermostat either fixed or replaced.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We have NEVER BEEN TO YOUR HOME!!! You purchased our offer for a gas heat tune up, from Angie's List, recently. On your contact information you failed to include a phone number, so that we could speak with you to set up an appointment. I emailed you, requesting that you contact us, to set up an appointment. You failed to do so. You made no appointment. We did not come to your home. I have spoken to Angie's List about this, today. You should phone them and request a refund. Lastly, if indeed someone came to your home, you may wish to check the name of the company on your copy of their invoice, as clearly IT WAS NOT US!

10/16/2017

mila T.

Very professional and prompt service

Description of Work
Standard yearly maintenance

10/09/2017

Hayden B.

I wish I was able to give an A+ for my overall experience. Aaron was so helpful and professional. As a first time home owner he went over everything in detail with us. Thank you for your exceptional service! If you are in the market PLEASE do yourself a favor and hire this team!

Description of Work
We had our furnace inspected

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you, for the wonderful review!

UPSTATES FINEST ELECTRIC

Mel Carr Electric

We thank you for taking the time to research Mel Carr Electric for your residential electrical needs. Our incredible customer service and highly trained electricians are just some of the ways that this 40 year old family-owned company is leading the pack among residential service technicians in the Capital Region. If you choose to use our company, you can expect: • A warm and friendly greeting on the telephone by a live person. • Bright yellow booties on our shoes to protect your floors and keep your home as clean as when we arrived. • Up-front pricing for the entire job, there are no cost surprises when the work is completed. • Experienced, trained, and qualified electricians to troubleshoot existing problems and install new wiring to prevent future issues. • Our guarantee that you will be completely satisfied with all workmanship and quality of the service you receive.

Capital District Electric

Give Capital District Electric a call at (518) 573-1059 where no job is too big or too small. We do quality work, right the first time! Whenever you call Capital District Electric you will speak to a licensed electrician. Whenever you have us do your work it will be done by a licensed electrician not a helper or a electrician in training. We accept Checks, cash and all major credit cards. Additional email - capital.district.electrician@gmail.com.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

HVAC Contractor. Oil to Gas Conversion. Air Conditioning Repair & Installation. Natural Gas Generators. Air Duct Work. Boiler Repair & Install. Heat Pump Repair & Install. Furnace Repair & Install.