Ultimate Roofing

Founded 2001 • With Angi since April 2012

207 E Campbell Rd

Schenectady, NY 12303

Locally Owned and Operated, Fully Insured, Experienced Staff, FREE ESTIMATES. Member of the National Roofing Contractors Association, and BBB! www.Roofing518.com...

09/22/2020

terrance S.

Job went great. Guys are hard workers and they clean up after themselves.

Description of Work
Complete strip of old shingles then replaced with new.

Category roofing, chimney repair, skylights

09/13/2020

George S.

Professional and punctual. Did what they said they would do and no hidden cost from original estimate. Highly recommend...

Description of Work
Total Roof replacement to include proper vent and new CDX 5/8 plywood.

Category roofing, chimney repair

09/10/2020

Thomas G.

Roof looks great - Paul was very professional. The crew did a great job, covered the yard clean up was terrific. Would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Category chimney repair

07/09/2020

Maureen H.

Everyone connected with the company was hard working, professional, respectful of my property and all deadlines met. Satisfied in every way. I would recommend highly.

Description of Work
Total roof replacement.

05/14/2020

BRIAN W.

Wonderful!! Tom, Paul and crew did an amazing job, highly recommended!

Description of Work
Remove and replace roof

Thank you for the review and for your business- it means a lot to us!

11/11/2018

Steinar F.

My 6-year-old house, with roofing installed on original construction, developed a roof leak. I had water dripping in my family room near my fireplace, with more rain on the way. Ugh. I noticed some buckled shingles on the shoulder roof sections on either side of my chimney chase. I called in Ultimate Roofing to take a look. Tom was great. He came out the day I called and sealed the questionable shingles I pointed out. He then took the initiative: Without my asking, he walked my entire roof, inspected it, and sealed some other random things here and there. The fee was very reasonable. He correctly (as it turns out) pointed out that the repairs he made might not explain the leak I was seeing, and to please call him back if the problem was not solved. With the next rain storm, the leak continued. I called Tom back, and he responded promptly. He sealed some more things in my chimney cap area, and would not accept payment for the second visit despite my best attempts to pay him. The second visit did the trick! Serious rain storm this weekend, and no leak! Tom is a stand up guy, who really cares about getting a job done right. He was friendly, responsive, knowledgeable and professional throughout. Just outstanding. The next time I have roofing needs, I will definitely work with Ultimate Roofing again.

Description of Work
Repair roof leak

Category roofing, chimney repair

11/03/2018

John R.

Tom and the crew were great! Professional, 5 Star.. Tom gave us a reasonable price and noted additional work in an honest, non sales or up sell way. They did the job in a timely fashion. When they were done, you never knew they were here-cleaned up every speck. I would and am recommending them.

Description of Work
Fixed our vent pipes and ridge vents

05/31/2018

Krista G.

From the moment we contacted Ultimate Roofing for a quote, I was impressed with the responsiveness and friendliness! When the weather finally cooperated and we could get on the schedule, our roof was replaced at lightning speed. The crew was polite, professional and efficient! The roof looks great and I am one happy customer. Another bonus, the quote we received was spot on. There were no surprise or hidden costs.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

02/07/2018

Wilma J.

The crew were there on time, worked quickly and professionally, cleaned everything up (no nails in the driveway!). We were very pleased.

Description of Work
We had our roof replaced.

09/26/2017

Chaina P.

It went very well. Tom is professional. His team were arrived early, ready to work. The job was completed as agreed.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

08/23/2017

Chad B.

They did great work, it just took a long time to get the job done. It was a small job and likely low priority.

Description of Work
Siding repair

Category siding

Thank you for the review, [Member Name Removed]. We enjoy hearing positive feedback and apologize for the delay with your siding repair.

06/23/2017

kat T.

Very well. In a day my entire roof was completed. They came in the morning with a crew and worked steadily throughout the day until it was completed. They cleaned up as they worked, so the yard was never a mess. They were safe and thorough and courteous.

Description of Work
I needed my roof re-shingled. The old shingles were removed and new put in their place. They also removed an old dish for me.

06/21/2017

Brandi L.

Very punctual, knowledgeable and they were up front about how they work. Even mentioned that they put down tarps to collect debris and ensure that nails are caught which is safest for households with pets. Showed concern for our animals without us even asking. Very personable and professional. Will contact them in the future for any new needs.

Description of Work
Roofing, soffits/fascia, gutters.

06/05/2017

richard M.

Best quote by far of four all of whom were on Angie's List. Easy to work with, Quality work. Fixed other problems discovered after price was established without additional charge.

Description of Work
Shingle tear off and replacement o nseveral roofs

05/18/2017

Michael I.

The job went very well. Tom and crew showed up on time, did a great job and cleaned up all debris.

Description of Work
Replacement roof.

04/21/2017

James G.

Sarah and Tommy were fantastic to work with. This was way easier than I ever thought it would be. We bought a home and needed a roof replaced. Sarah responded quickly to all inquiries and was very clear. The workers were here exactly when they said they would be, they went to work right away and did a fantastic job. They cleaned up and were respectful of neighbor's property. Tommy explained things clearly and was very friendly. I will definitely use them again when I need more work done.

Description of Work
Roof replacement.

Thank you for the review! If there is anything we can help you with in the future please don't hesitate to call.

02/22/2017

David R.

I was very worried about getting my roof replaced, because of very poor experiences I've had with roofers over the years. I went with Ultimate Roofing after reading their reviews on Angie's List and them submitted the low bid out of the quotes I gathered for the job. I found the staff to be professional and knowledgeable. They were clear about the products that they were going to use. They came when they scheduled and performed the work very efficiently. They also provided tips on how to take care of the roof once the replacement was performed (i.e., what to do if ice dams formed). Of course, we just had 20 inches of snow in the area recently and all I can say is that the water stayed out of the house after frustration after frustration with other roofers (waited until now to write the review, as a matter of fact, to make sure the roof performed well over winter). My only word to the wise is to ensure that the quote you sign matches the discussion you have with the salesman, for the contract is what rules the day in the end (e.g., the discussion might mentioned putting ice and water shield "all the way up" the roof and then the quote only says the requisite 6-7 feet or so). Still, can't be happier with how this roof has done and glad I finally found a roofer that does quality work.

Description of Work
Roof replacement.

09/20/2016

Norma W.

It went very nicely. Tom came to look at my roof and gave me an estimate shortly after I called him. He was very courteous and professional, We agreed on a price and his crew, who were also very nice, came and did the necessary work. I am very pleased at how it looks and it only took one day. When they were finished, they cleaned up nicely.

Description of Work
I needed a complete new roof as mine was over 20 years old.

07/25/2016

June G.

Tom and his crew worked two long days on my roof, from 7am to 6pm the first day and 7am to 5pm the second day. They removed all the old shingles down to the decking then applied new drip edges, pipe cover, synthetic felt, ice and water barrier, re-flashed chimney, put new ridge venting system and hip and ridge shingles. They removed a rotted cupola from the roof of the garage and installed a ridge vent. I also had them silver coat a rubber roof at the back of the house that was replaced three years ago. Tom and his crew cleaned up as the work went along and then did a thorough clean up when the work was complete. I couldn't be happier with the new roof, we have had storms, high winds and very heavy rain since the roof was installed and no sign of any problems. I am confident the roof will be good for many years to come. When I had some trouble registering the Standard Product Warranty with Owen's Corning Tom's wife was most helpful and arranged for an Owen's Corning representative to contact me and the problem was quickly solved. Tom is a pleasure to work with and I highly recommend his company.

Description of Work
I had five estimates from different companies to re-shingle the roof on my house and garage. I chose Tom from Ultimate Roofing, he is a preferred contractor with Owen's Corning. Tom explained the process of re-shingling in detail and answered all my questions. He gave me advice that made sense without making me feel pressured to make a decision right away. He was very personable and professional, his estimate was not the highest or lowest I had received but was reasonable and I felt was very fair.

07/07/2016

James G.

I called for an estimate on a Tuesday and he got it done on Thursday. He got back to me promptly and appeared very knowledgeable. I also liked that the estimate once completed was e-mailed and his office texted me with questions. Can't speak for bigger jobs, but if you need an estimate done, this is as painless as it gets.

Description of Work
Estimate for a new roof on a house we recently put a bid on.

07/01/2016

Jeanne M.

The only way to rate a company that makes an appointment with you and then doesn't show or call is an F. The fact that this company had 54 "A" ratings and 3 "F" ratings made me disregard the negative ratings. But now, I too, question why I am paying Angieslist money! Perhaps I'm the lucky one. I would hate to have hired them and have to deal with this unprofessionalism!

Description of Work
Nothing at all.

04/13/2016

joseph P.

About four weeks ago, I contacted three well reviewed roofers from Angie's list. All three responded quickly, and provided excellent detailed proposals. But only Tom from Ultimate roofers came over that same day. So after a week to review the other proposals, (Tom offered the best price) I called Tom and offered the job to him. He said that he would be available to do the job in about two and one half weeks, and he kept his word. He arrived as scheduled and completed the entire job in one day, as he had stated. The roof came out beautifully, which is a huge relief because the roof had been in very rough shape and required several new sheets of plywood. He and his employees were courteous and professional. They cleaned up the area carefully, and they were careful to clean up my neighbor's property. The job was a great value and I would recommend Ultimate Roofing anytime.

Description of Work
new roof

11/21/2015

cory B.

Roof on house was over 20 years old. Tom came and did an inspection of roof and advised to replace the roof. Very friendly and informing. Went into great detail of what work was to be performed such as materials and construction of roof. He came fully insured and a preferred contractor for the materials he used. Work was done in a day and clean up and haul of old material was included. The crew worked very hard,efficient ,and were very friendly. I would recommend Tom and will not hesitate to call him for future repairs. Overall a great experience.

Description of Work
Replaced roof and fixed window.

Category roofing, replacement windows

10/22/2015

Jennifer D.

Wonderful. I wish he could have helped. Will be calling this company again if we have issues with our non slate roof tops.

Description of Work
We were trying to figure out an issue with our gutters and roof. They came for an estimate but couldn't help us out. Very pleasant and responsive and gave me a referral number for someone to assist with our slate roof.

10/20/2015

Thomas C.

It went very well. Tom was very professional, explained all my options in detail and how roofs and different components work within the system. He also provided insurance advice and samples of materials (colors/ textures). Always available to answer questions. Once the appointment was made, he came in and took one last look. The crew arrived on time and finished in a day. Afterward we had some heavy rain and we did not have any issues with the roof. Overall great job

Description of Work
They replaced my entire roof