S & G Roofing

Founded 1998 • With Angi since August 2012

Save up to $1000 off roof installation! Call us today! We do not do roof repair at this time. S&G Roofing has been offering professional, quality roofing to customers in Upstate New York for 14 years. Located in Schenectady, NY, we are qualified to work on all phases of residential and commercial

2022 Super Service Award

roofing (89)siding companies (1)drywall (3)drain cleaning (1)

10/12/2022

Dayna F.

S&G Roofing did a phenomenal job! A++ work. I was impressed from the start with there quick response to my initial inquiry for an estimate, to the inspection and ease of understanding options available regarding product & payment choices. All employees who I spoke with and were involved with my house project conducted themselves in a professional manner and job was completed in a timely manner. They’re attention to detail with both installation of the two roofs as well as keeping area cleaned up and free of debris throughout was meticulous. I would highly recommend them if you are looking for a roofing company.

Description of Work
New roof on house and garage

Work Completed On 10/01/2022

Review for S & G Roofing - 3800 State St, Schenectady, NY - 39905998

06/28/2022

Diane S.

The work was completed as promised and was excellent quality. I was kept up to date on any changes needed due to unexpected issues. Friendly service. I would definitely recommend S & G.

Description of Work
new roof

Work Completed On 06/29/2022

11/16/2021

Joan S.

They did a very good service, fast and very well done I did contacted them a week later and they came right over to fixed the roof and also the window leaking.

Description of Work
Roofing

Work Completed On 11/16/2020

08/11/2021

John E.

Judy and I were most pleased with the professional work and the price Eric gave us for a new roof. The hard working crew of 7, with 5 nail guns “blazing,” stripped our 3 roofs, replaced rotted plywood and completed the major part of their work within one day. The crew supervisor Bob was most pleasant to deal with, and Mr Singh came the next day to tackle some of the remaining carpentry issues. Having done a bit of the roofing on our house in my younger years, I appreciate the first rate quality of work.

Description of Work
They reroof our house.

Work Completed On 08/05/2021

07/15/2021

Richard F.

We have a fairly large roof with four dormers. Eric and his crew performed the work in a five-star manner all the way around. Arrived early, took pains to protect shrubs and bushes, worked very hard and cleaned everything up when they were done. They even saved us money by cutting and piecing pieces of plywood to reduce the number of sheets that were necessary to repair bad parts of the roof deck. Their price was very competitive and their work was excellent. You can't go wrong choosing them!

Description of Work
New roof on house and shed

Work Completed On 07/13/2021

11/06/2020

Bill C.

Great! The old roof was removed and new installed. All work was done by mid-afternoon. When there was damage from a windstorm, I spoke to them at 9 AM and they responded by noon - all fixed. Great folks to work with!!!

Description of Work
Replaced full roof and call back for storm damage

Work Completed On 11/05/2020

10/08/2020

Gary W.

It was great, perfect. They were on time, the price was good, and did a nice job.

Description of Work
They installed new roof.

Work Completed On 09/01/2020

10/08/2020

Renee B.

It was great. They came in, did their job, very courteous, on time, and they picked up everything.

Description of Work
They installed new roof.

Work Completed On 09/01/2020

10/06/2020

Dave H.

It was very good. My experience was great. They were good people. I had no problems with them at all.

Description of Work
They installed a new roof for me.

Work Completed On 10/06/2019

10/06/2020

Kim R.

It was outstanding. They had a great communication. They explained things clearly to us. They followed up after the service.

Description of Work
They installed a new roof on our garage and house.

Work Completed On 08/06/2020

10/02/2020

Carey A.

Outstanding. Roofs installed beautifully, when promised, really nice people to work with, and very reasonable. They left the place clean

Description of Work
roofing replaced

Work Completed On 09/21/2020

09/28/2020

BRIAN B.

Friends were thrilled with their new roof, so we asked who they used, and we used them too. And we're glad we did! S & G Roofing were very fast. They started early, and were finished that day. I was amazed when they unfurled a huge net over the sides, to protect the house from debris. Usually, there are nails everywhere, and bits of board, etc. from the old roof. Everything was cleaned up afterwards! No nails, no mess!

Description of Work
We needed our roof replaced.

Work Completed On 09/24/2020

Review for S & G Roofing - 3800 State St, Schenectady, NY - 38908468

08/26/2020

Andy M.

Seamless. Phone call, a prompt planned visit, estimates that ended up accurate, and a great, great crew.

Description of Work
Roofing of three structures

Work Completed On 08/22/2020

08/21/2020

John F.

Great experience going with S&G roofing. From the initial quote to completion of work, Eric did a great job explaining all details and communication was great all along the way. Day of the job, crew was on time and ready to as stated and completed all work within the day. Also did a great job of cleaning up. Very happy with the end result, highly recommend S&G!

Description of Work
Complete roof replacement

Work Completed On 07/29/2020

05/27/2020

Gail B.

S & G Roofing has earned our highest respect for being a premier company who tackled our very steep and complex roof. They arrived punctually on the scheduled date to prepare our home and landscaping with protective shielding the day prior to the installation. The next day they arrived at 7 a.m. with 2 full crews to remove our old shingles and install the replacements. Every member of this remarkable crew was polite, professional, safety conscious, and focused. Seemingly indefatigable, they only broke for lunch and never stopped again until 8:45 p.m. They all were well-trained in their roles and anticipated the needs of their work mates. Upon completion, their cleanup operation left our property in pristine condition. The ever-present supervisors must be commended for their professional, superbly orchestrated masterpiece, our perfect new roof. Kudos, applause, done in a day! You will be well-served by S & G!

Description of Work
Total roof replacement

Category drywall, roofing

Work Completed On 05/20/2020

05/14/2020

Jarret R.

Our entire roof was replaced in one day within 5 hours. The crew arrived on time and cleaned up our property thoroughly when they were done. Richard was very helpful during the whole process: from the free quote to providing updates on the job, it was excellent service. We are incredibly happy with our new roof and we highly recommend S&G for any roofing needs.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 05/14/2020

02/25/2020

Richard H.

Poorly. S&G Roofing FAILED a code enforcement inspection while still demanding full payment and after they placed a Mechanical Lien against my property because I would not pay them until they fixed the NEW roof they just installed. Horrible long process. Very poor customer experience. They like to work over weekends to hide cut corners and Code enforcement does not catch them.

Description of Work
New Asphalt Shingle Roof

Work Completed On 12/22/2019

09/02/2019

Waleed B.

S&G did a wonderful job replacing our roof. Paul was very professional and was so grate to work with. They finished in one day! They left the place cleaner than it was when they arrived. And they went above beyond to fix my drains I would highly recommend S&G for any roofing needs. I really can not say enough about them.

Description of Work
Roofing replacement, siding, Drain cleaning

Category roofing, siding, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 08/28/2019

08/26/2019

Ray S.

Prompt with good workmanship. Old roof removed and new roof installed in about 8 hours on a four bedroom colonial with the coordination of seven workers. Performed a through clean up. One minor installation fault was later identified by me. Called and it was promptly fixed in less than 8 hours.

Description of Work
Roofing

Work Completed On 08/29/2019

08/26/2019

Warren S.

S&G is a very professional organization. Richard was very attentive to the details and made sure the job was done to our satisfaction. His crew got the job all done in a day, just before it started to rain!

Description of Work
Roofing

Work Completed On 08/08/2019

08/23/2019

michael C.

Very. well--all completed. in 1. day

Description of Work
Total. roofing. replacement.

Work Completed On 08/23/2019

08/02/2019

michael C.

I will return when our roof is completed. Which won’t be until the end of August, 2019.

Description of Work
We are now under contract, we have a date. For the end of August. They were very goood at explaining how our roof was and showed us photos they had taken on our roof. Our last review we hadn’t heard back from them and they explained why they hadn’t returned our call. The deal had been removed as far as they knew and they didn’t get our call. We are very happy with S&G and we know our roof is in good hands. I’ll get back to you after the job is completed and let you know how it went.