G & A Custom Homes

Founded 2004 • With Angi since April 2011

Open since 2004, we are a family run business that takes pride in our work, and also gives you a great price with a quality job done. We are not happy untill you're happy....

Loyalty Construction

Oak Ridge Painting

Professional interior and exterior painting services, along with minor taping and sheetrock repairs. We have experience since 2004. We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today! Fully insured.

Virginia Fisher

• 2016 Super Service Award Winner - 3rd Consecutive Year! • Welcome to Virginia Fisher Interiors! • Established in 1983 in San Francisco, My goal has always been to provide High-Quality Service in all areas of my work to my Community! • Offering a wide range of services, which include Interior Design, Color Consulting, Wallpapering, Painting, Window Treatments, Flooring; from Oriental Rugs to Hardwood • Let me assist you with ideas or bring your next project from Start to Finish!

01/21/2016

He never showed up and never called on the day of the appointment to let me know he wouldn't be coming. He called within 24 hours of the appointment time, but by then, I had taken a day off from work and waited for him the entire day. I had to get a refund from Angie's List.

Description of Work
I bought a deal for $190 for a gutter cleaning and roof tune-up.

Category gutter cleaning,roofing

03/05/2015

Professsional guy on the phone and honest about not being able to do the service in the time frame I needed.

Description of Work
Ending Soon: $99 for Spring Roof Maintenance

11/12/2014

Removal and installation of new roof went fine. The problem is I have cedar shakes on house and some of them came off during demolition of old roof. I called G & A to see if they could come out and replace them. After two calls they replied and said yes. They would be out in a couple of days. After waiting a week, I called again and left a message. I never heard from them again. I have no problem with their work . Just the lack of response. Geno came out on a Sunday and did the repairs on the cedar shakes. He cut, replaced, and painted all missing shakes. I am very pleased and happy. I will definitely be using G&A again in the spring to fix my chimney.

Description of Work
Remove three layers of old roof and install new roof

10/20/2014

This Remodel was assessed and written out by a Licensed Architect (I will attach it below) This job was supposed to be completed in anticipation of an expected newborn in June. That was made quite clear and re-emphasized. Throughout the contract I failed to be able to contact the contractor and/or receive a response in a timely fashion. The following are the points on which I have issue. 1. We had a contract and agreement that was set in motion in person, onsite and agreed upon that he would Start on Sat. May 24th 2014 with Tues. May 27th as an alternate date in the event they time needed to finish a prior job. That start date did not occur. Instead they began work nearly 1 week and a half after the agreed upon date without notice that there would be a delay. (I called three times to inquire; twice without success) 2. He gave me a definitive time frame of 1 week to complete the job from the start date. I conservatively factored in 10 days at the time of our shaking hands and discussing the job at length and in writing with my family member present. It took approx. 49 days to complete a job that takes 7 days according to his own words. 3. Throughout the time it took to complete the job their were multiple days during which no work was performed (not due to normal waiting i.e. -drying times, setting etc.). In fact most days no one or only one person showed up. 4. Several aspects of the agreed upon job were not completed and others not completed to satisfaction. I canceled the installing of the carpet because the services had been lacking at best and It had been taking too long . -We had agreed on three recessed areas for storage during two of our discussions and only one was completed with the reason given that it had been an oversight and unfortunately the wall was made already. -The south facing window had been agreed to be enlarged and it was not. In fact it is extremely lax and It appears I will have to have someone else fix that issue. -There were uneven cuts on the Sheetrock he installed on the ceiling with no reasonable explanation given for why. 5. On July 15th I received a call at work to inform me that the job was finished after having not been present at the site nor in contact for well over a week. I inspected the 'finished job' that weekend and found that the base boards were not in place, paint cans still open and present, still no railing had been installed (however he did mention that needed to go up still during our last conversation) and more. 6. I did receive 2 personal reasons why there was a delay of a few days. i did not then nor, at any point, harass or pressure him. As I understand things happen. However The remaining time was completely devoid of communication and progress 7. Prior to the call on the 15th I had planned to terminate their employ and have someone else come and finish the job. Again Please keep in mind that this job was planned out by a licensed and sealed architect with over 12 years experience. It became clear this was taking way to long to complete. I was only so patient because my mother seemed to like him and the fact that they were a small family owned business. I do not agree with the assessment of positive business qualities that were reviewed on Angie's list's with the exception of them being polite in person. The contractor then contacted me to request I pay the remainder of the balance despite the aforementioned issues. He then tried to go back on the coupon listed in the booklet that was present at the initial walk through prior to work beginning as agreed. the coupon clearly states in the Angie's list booklet 10%off for Angie's list members on: General Remodeling, New Roofs, Repairs, Additions, Siding, Masonry. I called Angie's list and spoke with a representative (Zack) to clear up the dispute and even sent a photo of said coupon in. My request for an itemized bill and invoice from the beginning went unanswered. Items sat in storage for an additional two months. No Carpet was installed, only one cubby, painting unfinished (and I provided paint myself) the work was left unfinished as described before. I have photo and video Showing the progress or lack thereof from May to June. I even have photos to show the work done after that. This Summary of events was presented to the contractor months ago and went unanswered If he had any reason to dispute the events that have been written here as not accurate he had ample time to discuss them with me and I have not heard from him since then.

Description of Work
The Assignment was for a Remodel of our 28 x 14 attic.

Category masonry,remodeling,siding

07/28/2014

Repairs were made to the window frames, the surrounding siding and to a supporting roof column. The work was completed quickly and efficiently.

Description of Work
We purchased a Siding and Window Maintenance Package. Geno inspected the windows, frames and siding and made repairs.

Category contractors,siding

06/16/2014

Awesome. Besides having the lowest estimate, G&A was always professional, respectful, and nice. Geno was the first to arrive to look at the roof for the estimate, the first to submit one, followed up with me, and offered the most information about the process. Their team was amazing and so hard-working. We will be hiring them again in the near future to work on our chimney will be sure to give them a call whenever we have any general contracting needs! With service and prices like this, why would anyone choose a different contractor?

Description of Work
New roof on house, applied protective coating on detached garage, and fixed a door frame.

Category roofing,doors

06/04/2014

I never received a response from the provider.

Description of Work
I purchased the Big Deal for a gutter cleaning and roof tune-up.

Category gutter cleaning,roofing

05/20/2014

Amazing! Gino and staff were on time all the time. Their work ethic was wonderful. Gino was always on site when any work was done. There were no excuses, even when the gutter people cut one of the gutters 3 inches too short, Gino brought it to my attention, called the gutter folks in front of me, went himself and picked up a brand new gutter and had it installed all in less than 2 hours. The 6 people he had on the job could not have been more courteous to both my wife and myself, any time they entered our home it was shoes off, yes Sir, no Sir, yes Ma'am. I know for sure that Gino had on his staff both his Mother and Father, and the three other men as mentioned above, just simply could not have been nicer. I had requested specific materials be used and when they were delivered I was brought out to inspect and sure enough everything I wanted was there. I saw that G+A has a B rating with Angies List, all I can say is, from my point of view, they are A+. One final thought, we have recommeded G+A 5 times in the short time since they completed all our work, and I know they have booked my Son's home, are doing this very day a home of one of our Church Parishoners, and as soon as they finish that home they are moving across the street to his neighbor. Well done G+A, you quoted a price and stuck to it, did not try to pull the wool over our eyes at all, and have acted like ladies and gentlemen at all times. It was a pleasure doing business with your Company.

Description of Work
Roof, shingles and gutters on home. Shingles and gutters on Garage

Category gutter repair,roofing

05/02/2014

I called twice requesting someone to call for repairing a roof leak. This apparently does generate interest in roof repairs. This ad should be changed to eliminate repairs. I wasted a week of waiting for a response.

Description of Work
Nothing

04/29/2014

Gino responded immediately to call for estimate. He was very friendly and professional. His estimate was significantly less expensive than several other roofers. He did the work when promised ( a couple of weeks later). He and his crew did an excellent job.

Description of Work
New roof on garage. Pointed chimney on house. Sealed around and Painted already existing flashing.

Category roofing,chimney repair

New roofs, repairs, siding, masonary, additions, gutters, decks .