Cousins Construction

Founded 1969 • With Angi since April 2008

917 Sacandaga Rd

Schenectady, NY 12302

Family Owned and Operated 3rd Generation Roofers. Specializing in all types of roofing from Architectural shingles With the GAF Golden Pledge System warranty, the industries safest warranty, to custom copper and slate. We are GAF Master Elite roofers , Owens Corning Preferred, And the areas only GAF certified Slate Crafters Call Today 518-ROOFING...

roofing (407)gutter repair (42)chimney repair (29)roof snow removal (18)siding companies (18)roof cleaning (16)decks & porches (16)window replacement (15)door installation (10)skylight installation (10)masonry (3)insulation (3)

11/30/2020

Don K.

Jason came to perform estimate and flew a drone over the house to get a look at the situation. I had been interested in faux slate and Jason recommended the GAF Camelot II product which looks great. The main roofing crew worked like beasts and had the main house and garage done inside of 2 days, working morning to dark. Patrick and crew followed for the detail work on the siding and copper, which came out awesome, and they even worked the last day in the rain to complete the job. Overall couldn't be happier as this job wasn't an easy one given the height and odd angles of my older house. Everything was timely and the jobsite kept as clean as can be expected. Most homeowners don't understand just how messy a roofing job is due to the nature of the work and materials. These guys consistently kept the site cleaned up and were very thorough in picking up nails, debris, etc. I have several neighbors commenting positively on the job, some in envy of the copper! I'd recommend these guys to anybody without thinking about it. They are the real deal.

Description of Work
Replaced roof on house and detached garage, replaced skylights and dormer siding, added copper roof to portico & bay windows

Category roofing,siding,skylights

Work Completed On 10/21/2020

Review for Cousins Construction - 917 Sacandaga Rd, Schenectady, NY - 39055689

11/16/2020

Rachel S.

We met with the estimator to look at our project - replacing the poor work of another contractor (who we tried for a year to get to fix the issues). The project included replacing all of the soffit/fascia on the house, fixing the trim and flashing, and we added on a bathroom vent hole. The price was fair and reasonable. The workers were friendly and efficient, the team was very clean and respectful. They picked up every night, and were polite in every interaction. They even recommended other contractors for work they don’t do. The work looks a million times better and was super fast compared to my first nightmare installation (a few days vs a few weeks). I would use Cousins again, without a doubt.

Description of Work
Needed replacement of poor quality soffit / fascia work from another contractor

Category remodeling,roofing,siding,aquarium shops

Work Completed On 09/07/2020

11/04/2020

Ed H.

Cousin's Construction was the best price. Despite having to dodge the rainy October weather, they were able to complete my roof replacement as scheduled. The crew worked quickly and efficiently.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Work Completed On 10/28/2020

10/07/2020

Alicia L.

Cousins Construction installed a new roof on our house and shed last month. We could not have been happier with the process. Jason's assessment of our home was extremely thorough before he provided a detailed estimate with all of the product spec sheets. We knew exactly what we were getting into, and he was upfront and honest with us about the current state of our roof. The roofing crew was efficient and clean. They had to walk around most of our property to access the house and shed roofs, and I believe they were truly careful with our belongings. Cousins Construction is responsive, professional and fair. It is evident that they care about their reputation and will not leave you in the dark. I would 100% recommend them for your roofing needs.

Description of Work
Removed old roof & installed new roof on house and shed. House needed all new plywood.

Work Completed On 10/06/2020

Review for Cousins Construction - 917 Sacandaga Rd, Schenectady, NY - 38941830

05/24/2020

Paul R.

Crew got to work as soon as they got there and they finished the job in a timely manner.

Description of Work
replace roof on barn shed.

Work Completed On 05/12/2020

05/15/2020

Andy M.

They were great! I called just a few days before last Thanksgiving when a snow storm was predicted for the weekend. They made it out on Black Friday and for a perfectly reasonable price, got my roof fixed before the snow came.

Description of Work
Repair roof leak

Work Completed On 11/29/2019

04/14/2020

Wendy B.

Jason was fantastic. He came and gave me a quote on repairing my roof. A tree fell on it during the ice storm. He dealt with my insurance and fixed it in a timely manner. I would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Repair roof

Work Completed On 03/04/2020

11/14/2019

Ann O.

Cousins Construction installed a new roof (house and garage) in one day. The workers were professional and courteous. The roof looks magnificent and the clean-up was thorough. A second crew returned the following week and installed the new gutter guard system. Once again, the work was done professionally and the gutter guards look great. The owner, Jason, is knowledgeable about his products and services and he is responsive to customers' questions or concerns. A billing error was promptly corrected. I highly recommend Cousins Construction.

Description of Work
Installation of a new roof and a gutter guard system

Category gutter repair,roofing

Work Completed On 11/08/2019

06/21/2019

Mahadeva Iyer N.

Prompt call from company and staff arrived on schedule. Fixed it at very reasonable price and quick. Answered all questions and assured if anything goes wrong he will come and assist. Only recommended us to do what is needed and I felt comfortable dealing with the staff. Thanks Cousins!

Description of Work
Repair Vinyl Siding

Category siding

Work Completed On 06/20/2019

06/02/2019

widdis J.

Jason who is the owner came for the estimate and was very easy to talk to. I told him exactly what I wanted and he didn't try to oversell and we decided on exactly what would be best to meet my needs. After a few rain delays the crew arrived on time on the appointment date. Crew was quiet and efficient. They had the old roof off with some wood replacement and the new roof on in about 10 hours. Steep roof with dormers. They did an awesome job of clean up. I did have one concern after the job was done and that was about chimney flashing. Jason came personally and totally re-did the flashing to much better than it ever was and on a Saturday! I also had three estimates and Cousins was by far the best. Overall excellent experience, the roof looks great and Jason is very easy to work with.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 05/21/2019

Roofing. Siding. Gutters. Windows & Doors. Skylights.

Chimney inspections & sweeping.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available