CertaPro Painters® of Albany

Founded 2006 • With Angi since July 2006

3.6

437 Second St

Schenectady, NY 12306

At CertaPro Painters, our reputation is based on Certainty — your Certainty of a job well done. We focus on the details of every project — interior and exterior — and we focus on you, our client.

04/04/2019

Veronica C.

Fantastic, they sent one man which is excellent, he was very good and did an excellent, he was very meticulous.

Description of Work
They painted the exterior of my house, no window trim or garage trim.

01/23/2019

Ronald K.

Excellent job by Joe

Description of Work
Ceiling and wall painting of a large master bedroom.

09/29/2017

Kim M.

Not well at all. Very horrible experience

Description of Work
Provider was supposed to paint house

09/27/2017

Kim M.

Agreement was made in June to have house painted in mid August. One worker showed up to pressure wash house in preparation for painting. He did not finish the job, equipment broke and had to be replaced during day, and worker did not wash roof dormers because of alleged active wasp nests. We had to hire an exterminator to remove the nests which turned out to be mostly old and not active. Certipro did not return to finish the pressure washing or have any concern the job was not finished. It appeared that they did not rinse the house of cleaning solution which has caused an issue with the finished paint job completed by another painting contractor. Ceripro called to confirm they would start the job on Aug XX and we made arrangements to be home. They did not show, and called mid dayto say they would be here the next day. Did not show the next day either. Called again to say they would be here the next day. Crew finally arrived and started. First thing they did was prime a spay paint a portion of the lower story. Crew worked for 3 days total starting at mid day. They trimmed several scrubs along the foundation poorly and without permission. They never finished. Friday before labor day they packed up their equipment and ladders and said they would be back Monday to complete the project. After two weeks called to say they would be here next day, never showed up and called at end of day to say they would be here tomorrow. Never showed up! We were finished with Certipro and started looking for another painter.

Description of Work
Full house exterior painting.

05/24/2017

Cecelia W.

Painting quality was great with some attention to detail with some of the older wood decorations around the exterior of the house. Color match was fantastic and the house looks great! Repair quality was top notch with custom cedar shakes cut and replaced!

Description of Work
Exterior painting on large two-story home with lead paint practices in place. Custom repairs to cedar shakes and other deteriorated wood.

Category woodworking, house painters

05/01/2017

Suzanne B.

Very well.

Description of Work
Repainted our home in Saratoga Springs NY a fews ago.

11/21/2016

Janet R.

Not well. Painters took it upon themselves to use the microwave and have lunch instead of working. Assumed i would be providing coffee for their breaks. Not professional at all. Missed areas under the cabinets near the sink and by the counter.

Description of Work
Painting living room and kitchen

07/19/2016

Richard C.

Description of Work
Used inexperienced help. Spilled paint on carpet. Dropped a piece of s component and damaged a wall which they fixed. I was refunded the full amount from the general contractor who hired them

06/21/2016

Adrienne L.

Description of Work
The job was to paint the trim of a brick house and windows. Painter used different brand than indicated in contract. Painter used different finish. Painter came late and left early. Completed work was sloppy in some areas. I suggest that you only use this company if you can not find anyone else to do the job and can stay home and watch all work and suggest that you purchase the paint yourself.

04/15/2016

Kevin G.

Description of Work
Cabinet repainting. Not great. They didn't prime then paint and I had to call them on it and demand they start over. They redid the work begrudgingly.

Category woodworking, house painters, interior painters, cabinet refacing

04/07/2016

Heidi F.

They did a fabulous job and we have no hesitation about contacting them for other jobs or in recommending them to anyone else. We have already recommended CertaPro Painters to all of our 29 member libraries. Harry was wonderful and very easy to work with as were his two helpers. The job was much less disruptive than we anticipated and all of the painters were very understanding about moving from place to place depending on our meeting schedules.

Description of Work
Painted walls, doors and door frames in our hallways, meeting room, kitchen and office spaces.

02/22/2016

Andrew S.

Peter S.

Description of Work
Interior painting

Karen L.

Caroline C.

Description of Work
Overall quality was good, except they tried to pass off a "mark" on the ceiling...and I had to ask them to fix it. | |Also, they got done in half the time estimated, so I don't believe they did two coats of paint. I think it was extremely over priced.

12/14/2015

Gus L.

Description of Work
Painted 6 rooms |Went very well

04/20/2015

Robert D.

It went very well. I called them and they did some work. It was reasonable, it was fair. They were good workers, they got the job done and left the place clean. All around, they did what they were supposed to do; they did it quickly and efficiently. I contacted the 2 to 3 different painters that I met and they were the fastest and they're straightforward. It was very competitive. Good pricing.

Description of Work
They did an exterior painting.

Michael M.

I bought a big deal for this service and they did really good. It was about two years ago. They did a good job and were very thorough. I don't remember there being any problems.

Thomas G.

It turned out fine. They came exactly when they said they'd come and they did a good job.

Description of Work
I used CertaPro Painters of Albany to paint a decorative piece that was on the peak of my roof three years ago.

Peter A.

It went very good. It was exactly what we asked for. They did a good job. The price was right.

Description of Work
It was for interior painting.

04/10/2015

Sarah P.

Description of Work
Greatness!!

01/05/2015

Janet R.

I was not really impressed with the workers. The painting came out OK, but they did miss spots. The painters spent a lot of time feeding themselves while here using my microwave without asking. They cleaned-up after themselves. I would not recommend them to a friend. The owner called me and offered to make it right, but by the time it would have taken them to return, I took care of the missed areas myself.

Description of Work
They painted my living room and my kitchen.

07/21/2014

Gloria S.

When they arrived, the young men discourteously called me Gloria and not Ms. Seymour which I found to be disrespectful, I am an 81 year old former school teacher and prefer to be addressed as Ms. Seymour, which they did address me as such after I had to tell them to do so. I won't be using CertaPro again. I've been unable to get into my shed because the paint has dried and the shed door is shut, I am unable to open the shed due to it being sealed shut. The shutters have been put into the shed and have not been put back on the shed. They shut the door while the paint was still wet and I am not strong enough to pull them open. They told me they will come and finish the work when they can, which isn't satisfactory because I had already paid for the job and just want the work done.

Description of Work
They painted my front garage door, I had some cracks at the bottom, which they fixed. They also painted my Amish shed.

07/12/2014

Lance S.

We had our house painted by CertaPro in the Fall of 2013. By late Fall, the door paint was chipping away already. They repainted the door but the problem recurred. By late Spring 2014, bubbling occurred on the front of the house. I contacted CertaPro who noted (as I knew) we were under the 2 year guarantee. They came by, took pictures, and now 5 weeks later have yet to call or make arrangements for repainting. I would not recommend them.

Description of Work
Painted Exterior of House

07/13/2006

IT WAS A VERY GOOD EXPERIENCE. THEY WERE VERY PROFESSIONAL, PUNCTUAL AND VERY ACCOMMODATING. WE HAD TO CHANGE OUR APPOINTMENT ON A NUMBER OF OCCASIONS AND THAT WAS NEVER A PROBLEM.

Description of Work
THEY DID POWER WASHING FOR VINYL SIDING.

Category pressure washing

Capital Gutters

Capital Gutters proudly opened in the Albany area in 2007. Capital Gutters is a family run Business operating for over 20 years originating in Oyster Bay, Long Island in 1986. At Capital Gutters all we do is gutters and know all the in's and out's of the Gutter trade. Many companies do many other things and are "Jack of All Trades" which in our opinion waters down the end products, Where at Capital Gutters we are Jack of one Trade Gutters. Also serving Niskayuna, Rexford, Clifton Park, Ballston Lake, Ballston Spa, Malta, Saratoga, Glenville & Burnt Hill.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Valley Performance Floors

At VALLEY PERFORMANCE FLOORS, We will give your old floor a new look . Our goal is to enhance your home or building To increase the value . The floors we put down are seamless . They come in many colors. We offer water-base and 100% epoxies in addition to the tradition solvent-base. At VALLEY PERFORMANCE FLOORS, our goal is to not only help you have a beautiful floor . But to provide aesthetic enhancement and protection to a substrate . The best situation in which to specify a coating is where the concrete substrate is in good condition with minimal spalling or cracking. Because a coating is dense, seamless coating none porosity, it is easy to maintain. Our excellent reputation and long list of satisfied clients attest to our superior craftsmanship, attention to detail, clear, honesty and integrity. Let's discuss your ideas! Your consultation is just a call away. [518] 248-9293

J&D PAINTING

SPECIALIZING IN RESIDENTIAL PAINTING INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR 20 YEARS EXPERIENCE CREW OF 4-5 MANY REFERENCES

Check, Financing Available

Residential and commercial interior and exterior painting services, deck refinishing, fence staining, light carpentry, power washing, popcorn ceiling, wallpaper removal, roof shampoo and concrete coatings.