Healthy Homes

Founded 2005 • With Angi since August 2011

Healthy Homes specializes in Indoor Air Quality - Mold Treatments, Radon Mitigation, VOC Treatments and Corrective/Preventative Measures. Mold Treatments includes the use of a all-natural botanical solutions, a og application of DE-Mold, the all-natural, botanical biologic based solution that consumes mold/bacteria/viruses. Preventative coatings may be applied. RADON Mitigation systems installed professionally and guaranteed. Restoration services provide corrective/preventative measures and include: BASEMENTS, Dehumidifier Installation, Sump Pump/Pit Installation, Floor Drainage/Floor Cut, Foundation Fan Installation, Waterproofing/Coating Application, Demolition ATTICS: Ridge Vent Installation, Soffit Installation/Reconstruction, Exhaust Fan Installation, Roof Cap Installation, Coating Application, Insulation Replacement, Roof/Flashing Repairs ...

CLEAN AIR ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES INC

Clean air environmental services specializes in Asbestos removal ,PCB,LEAD remediation and other environmental services. We also provide services for demolition, and painting. We are a MBE highly qualified company with over 25 service employees to help with any abatement needs.

CleanBright Surface Restoration

CleanBright Surface Restoration specializes in Mold Remediation, Water Damage Restoration, and Home Remodeling services. CleanBright works with homeowners, realtors, home inspectors, insurance companies and businesses. We have served the Capital Region and surrounding areas for over 13 years. We are committed to providing our customers with a safe living environment while carrying out mold remediation projects following the NYS mold law guidelines. With a smaller scale company like CleanBright, you'll always find the owner dedicated to each project.

NU-Life Resources

At Nu-Life Resources it is our job to provide for your health and safety against dangerous and toxic mold. We will utilize the latest in technology utilizing thermal imaging, moisture, meters, and detailed laboratory analysis to identify & eliminate water and mold. We will contain the contaminated area using advanced negative pressure containment systems. Most importantly, we will remove the water source and mold so it will never return. It is our objective at Nu-Life Resources in partnership with New York State, Center for Disease Control Center, and the Environmental Protection Agency to provide our customers a healthier and cleaner indoor environment.

Offers by NU-Life Resources on Angi

09/02/2021

Travis M.

After Healthy Homes did such a great job on my rental apartment, decided to see if they could help me with the cigarette smell in my car. Was sold a small handheld fog machine and some Un-Odor product. Fogged the entire interior of my vehicle, sprayed the product on all surfaces. After washing the windows with Windex and wiping everything down with a dry towel, the car was free from odor and looked and smelled clean and fresh! Fantastic Products!!!

Description of Work
Odor in my vehicle

Category pest control,water damage restoration

04/07/2021

richard T.

not professinal at all left my house a mess ruined the paint on my stairs banister completley pulled an outlet out of the wall when i asked what happend he said he didnt know then said it slipped his mind left pools of mold product on my hardwood floors told me to open my windows to evaperate it there is a thick greasy film on everything still working on getting it cleaned up insulation and dirt all threw the house mold product dripping from the pipes in the basement and big puddle there too when i confronted him he said he did it as a favor to the realitor to get more work at discount price and thats what i get for a discount price

Description of Work
mold removal

Category pest control,mold removal

08/08/2019

Anita M.

Mike Partlow surpassed all expectations. The cost of his services was considerably less than that of another contractor, who also gave us an estimate, and his plan was much less invasive. Mike, though he traveled a distance to get to our home, was punctual. He was neat, efficient, and thoroughly explained everything he was doing. Because I tend to worry a lot I had many questions along the way. Mike's patience never ran out. We were in constant contact by email until all my questions were answered. We hired Mike to treat mold in our house. Not only did he do that but he came back another day to give a second treatment. He suggested, with good reason, that the bathroom fans should not be vented into the attic and that the ventilation in the attic needed to be improved. We agreed to have him vent the two bathroom fans to the outside, and to install a fan to better vent the attic. Mike did all the work with great speed, with minimum inconvenience to us, explaining everything all along.

Description of Work
mold treatment, bathroom fan venting, attic venting

12/07/2016

Stephen P.

Mike did a great job explaining the process he uses and what to expect. He arrived on time and did a very thorough job, following up with emails to make sure I was satisfied. The treatment was successful and there is no more mold/mildew smell.

Description of Work
I have water in the basement on occasion and there were black marks on the wall. I wanted to have this mold/mildew killed without using harsh chemicals.

12/02/2016

Tan D.

Wonderful! Michael was professional, efficient, explained everything about the job. He was the best price in town and really knew his stuff. I would recommend and trust him over any of the other companies out there. My heart sank when I found out I had mold but Michael was so efficient and had the most affordable price out there!

Description of Work
Mold removal for the basement and attic

07/04/2016

Jason R.

Last year, we sought three estimates to take care of the visible mold in our attic. Of the three estimates, Enzyme Life Sciences (ELS) set themselves apart for two reasons. First, their price for the remediation alone was less than their competitors – hundreds of dollars less. Second, ELS does not perform repairs as the other companies did, which gave us the flexibility to do repairs ourselves or find our own contractor to perform the repairs at a price we found reasonable. ELS was more than happy to help us understand what improvements he thought we should perform on the attic and we made those changes after the remediation at minimal additional cost. ELS was prompt for every interaction and responsive with phone communication. I felt bad for Mike, our ELS remediation expert, as he came to perform the work at the height of last summer’s heat. He came down from the attic after the remediation sweating but maintained a positive attitude throughout the job. He even went above and beyond to take away some moldy insulation that I had piled up in the attic to dispose of myself. Mike left us with clear directions to run the whole house fan and dry out the stain remover. Minor staining remained after the service, which is not uncommon, but Mike spent as much time at our house as was necessary to ensure that the mold was dead. We recently sold the house to reduce our commute to work. The buyer’s inspector noted the remaining mold staining in the attic. Mike was extremely professional when I called him for help. He reviewed the inspection report and recognized the staining. He could have demanded an air sample to prove the accusation of live mold, but he didn’t because he cared about me, his customer, and our interest in moving through the sale of our house. Instead, Mike offered to come back out to the house and perform another treatment at no cost, which gave the buyers confidence that he was willing to stand behind his work. He also confirmed to our buyer that his guarantee would transfer to them, with a few reasonable expectations like “please do an air sample next time so that we know that there is indeed a problem.” In the end, our buyer was happy with ELS quality and customer service and we moved through the sale with no further questions or concerns about the attic.

Description of Work
I had minor/moderate black mold infestation in the attic of our house.

03/30/2016

Ryan F.

My tenant contacted me with concerns about mold on the ceiling and windows of their bathroom. This stemmed from a leak in the roof a few months earlier. I contacted Mike and he scheduled to take a look within that same week. He examined the bathroom, the other rooms in the house and the attic. He said that his product would eliminate the mold without having to rip up all the sheet rock, etc. We scheduled a time for him to come back to spray the product and he arrived as promised. It only took him a short time to spray the house and I was surprised how much the mold disappeared that same day. We scheduled a second visit just to make sure the product hit all the mold spores and it seemed to kill all the mold without having to replace the ceilings and walls. Also, he has a guarantee that if I see mold re-surfaced at all they will come and re-mediate. Overall I think this was a good, cost effective way to eliminate the problem and the tenants have not had any issues since.

Description of Work
Removed mold in the upstairs bathroom.

Category water damage restoration,mold removal

02/28/2016

Lynne R.

After a home inspection I was told that I needed to remediate a ?black substance? aka mold from the roof of my attic crawl space. The black stain covered most of the plywood and some rafters. I was told it was probably due to poor ventilation. I had less than two months to remediate before closing. This was a first for me so knowing where to begin and who to call was the most difficult decision to make. Not many people talk about mold in their home so finding a contractor was going to be a challenge. I went right to Angieslist and started looking and I came across Enzyme Life Sciences. I read the many reviews and saw pictures from one customer who had the same issue I had. There were before and after pictures of the job performed. I thought if my roof sheathing could look like that I would be happy. So I called and talked to Mike Partlow who understood my problem and he talked me through three part process of cleaning the mold and removing the stain. Mike is out in Albany but has trained contractors throughout the NYS region so being in Buffalo was not an issue. I talked with a few other contractors and some were either booked for the next few months or were on vacation ? (during December). Ultimately, I decided to go with Enzymes Life Sciences and I?m so glad I did. Within a week, Mike sent out a gentleman named Scott who cleansed the mold from the attic. The attic looked clean as promised. Mike also gives a 5 year warranty that is transferrable to the new owners which was very advantageous when adding it to the amended home contract with the buyers. Mike also stuck with me after the job checking in with me to make sure the sale was going through with the cleansing completed. That's one other thing to look for when shopping for a contractor; Mike is there for you and stands behind his work. Finally, the house closed on schedule within a few days of the final inspection. I can?t say enough about Enzyme Life Sciences, if you need to get rid of any mold in your home Mike is your guy.

Description of Work
Cleaned mold from the roof of the attic crawl space

12/29/2015

Harriet B.

It was not apparent what the original smell was from, but thought to be from mold. There is no real access except from the outside edges of the solar collection heat sink which is the sub-basement. The original treatment reduced the smell, but he had to come back 3 more times and treat other areas before the treatment reduced the smell almost entirely. Mike Partlow, the owner of the service, was excellent in trying to figure out what might be causing the smell and willing to go further in trying to remedy the smell. Using enzymes is a much better way to go since it is non-toxic and I only had to vacate the space treated during the treatment and for about 40 minutes afterwards. Everything was sticky until it dried, but it was ok to be in the house while it dried. I would highly recommend Mike and his treatment.

Description of Work
Enzyme based mold cleansing solution De-Mold on sub-basement

12/19/2015

HAO Z.

In early November, we asked Mike to gave us a free inspection and estimate for the mold condition in our attic. He explained in details to me how he thought the mold condition was, what he was going to do to treat the mold and what we can do in the long run to prevent the mold coming back again. He even explained to me that the mold condition we had was minor to median, and we should not feel panic or intimidated if other company gives us estimation saying how serious the condition is and we must take action right away , etc. His quote was very reasonable and he sounds very knowledgeable and honest about our mold condition. So we decided to ask him to help us to do the mold remediation. He came on time and finished the work in a couple of hours. He sprayed on the building material of the attic to remove the visible black mold and he fogged the attic to break down and consume the active mold spores. He also helped me to move the insulation of the attic to allow better air circulation of the attic . The same night, he sent me a detailed report and a certification showing my attic is mold free now. One week later he came back for a follow ?up but no one was home at that time so he came back again the next week to ensure everything in my attic is good. Mike has been very patient , reliable, professional and accommodating during the process from estimation to follow up. His quote is very reasonable and his work is guaranteed for five years and the warranty is transferable if the house is sold. I would recommend his service/company to anyone who is looking for mold treatment services.

Description of Work
Attic mold remediation

Category mold removal

Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) including Mold Remediation, Bacteria, Virus and Allergen Cleaning. Radon Mitigation Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) and Odor Neutralization Moisture Control Ventilation Flow

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, PayPal