Chimney Heroes

Founded 2010 • With Angi since February 2012

475 Broadway PO Box 774

Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

Chimney Heroes is a family owned and operated chimney sweep business and is certified by the Chimney Sweep Institute of America (Cert#7577). We are fully insured, guarantee no mess, and always give a fair and honest evaluation....

11/29/2020

Lynn C.

Jared was very professional and honest. We were going to have our chimney cleaned, but there were so many structural issues inside from the original builder that he told us not to bother because it isn't safe to use. He provided us with several options to fix and repair it, along with spotting issues from a prior chimney company that we used to cap our chimney. We will be using them again in the spring to repair our chimney cap.

Description of Work
Dryer vent cleaning and chimney sweeping

Category chimney caps, dryer vent cleaning

09/01/2019

Stephanie K.

Did not hire them way 2 expensive compared 2 all the other places I called. Am using Saratoga Fireplace. Chimney Hero’s wanted $300.00 to just look at it, didn’t include fixing it! Won’t call them again ever.

Description of Work
Gas fireplace repair.

08/03/2019

Thomas T.

Excellent, quick, clean thorough, and professional.He knew his stuff.

Description of Work
Clean dryer vent

01/12/2019

Collin B.

We hired chimney heroes to perform our chimney inspection prior to purchasing a home. We worked with Jared and his assistant. They were punctual and immediately respectful of the home, ensuring that they used the proper equipment to keep the house clean. They explained each step of the way, along with how their tools worked and what they should expect to see. They encouraged us to watch while they worked so that they could give us recommendations, and explain any risks associated with some of their findings. It was clear Jared was not only good at his job, but also enjoyed it and was happy to give customers as much information as requested. We may be making some changes to our fireplace and we know we will be sticking with Chimney Heroes!

Description of Work
Chimney Inspection

07/23/2018

Lily E.

Chimney Heroes (Saratoga Chimney) did a great job and was easy to work with. Scheduling was a breeze and the technician that came out to our house was friendly, prompt, and very courteous. He did a great job cleaning the various wood and pellet stoves in our home and left no mess behind whatsoever. We'll continue to use Chimney Heroes!

Description of Work
Wood stove, pellet stove, and propane furnace chimney & filter inspection & cleaning

06/20/2018

James C.

It went very well. The technician arrived on time, did a thorough job, cleaned up and completed the work in timely manner.

Description of Work
Dryer vent cleaning

12/21/2017

Ken E.

The service people were very professional. They asked what needed to be done; explained what they would do and how much it cost. They then inspected and cleaned the fireplace and chimney and installed the chimney caps. They also made recommendations for future reference

Description of Work
Inspect and clean chimney and fireplace Installation of Chimney caps

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, fireplaces

12/15/2017

James C.

Went well, fast, thorough and efficient

Description of Work
Serviced our gas fireplace

Category fireplaces

11/29/2017

Lily E.

The technician was friendly, professional, and thorough. He found an issue related to the installation of the wood stove 5 years ago and was able to fix it to prevent any problems it could have caused down the road. I didn't shop around too much around pricing, so I can't say they had the best price for the job, but it seemed reasonable and the work was done well enough that I would happily refer anyone to Saratoga Chimney Sweep (now re-branded to Chimney Heroes).

Description of Work
Inspection & cleaning of 2 chimneys (wood stove & pellet stove)

11/27/2017

Alan Y.

Excellent work. I would highly recommend this firm.

Description of Work
Cleaned Dryer Vent and Repaired vent hose.

Category chimney sweep, dryer vent cleaning

11/21/2017

George L.

The technician was on time, friendly and knew what he was doing. He was not able to inspect the outside of the chimney because there was frost on the roof. He cleaned up everything after he was done.

Description of Work
Cleaned Chimney

09/06/2017

Sara T.

Very professional, courteous, friendly, and competent. Very respectful of property. Great service from office re: setting up and reminding about appointment; also received a call in afternoon to better pinpoint time they expected to reach us. Great job explaining issues with our chimneys and possible solutions. Looking forward to having them do repair work for us.

Description of Work
Inspection of two chimneys - inside and out.

07/04/2017

Danielle G.

Very professional. Informed me about how he was going to go about the job before doing it. Clearly knew what he was doing. Shortened a portion of my vent for no extra charge. Thorough, courteous.

Description of Work
Dryer vent cleaning.

12/20/2016

devon B.

All and all, very pleasant and professional. From the initial phone call to the actual day of service, this went very smoothly. Jaime was prompt, explained about the inspection and cleaning, worked efficiently, and answered my questions. There was no mess. He was friendly, tolerated our dogs and even inspected our dryer vent. Nice job!

Description of Work
I hadn't used my fireplace for many years. I wanted it inspected and cleaned.

12/15/2016

Catherine G.

Jamie and the team at Saratoga Chimney Sweep were a great find for us. They are very knowledgeable, and gave excellent advice on the type of gas fireplace to use, the installation and overall design. They were always on time, courteous and very professional. The final results are simply beautiful! It was a great pleasure to work with them.

Description of Work
We replaced our old wood-burning fireplace with a sealed direct-vent gas fireplace.

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, fireplaces

10/27/2016

Diane G.

Top notch experience from start to finish. I believe it was Jill who answered the phone when I first called. She very pleasantly explained the services and the pricing and was accommodating to our schedule. Jamie arrived on schedule looking professional in his chimney sweep hat. He not only cleaned and inspected the gas insert but rearranged the "logs" that had previously not been installed quite correctly by someone else a few years ago. He then inspected the dryer vent and replaced the old connector that had holes with a more substantial product that will hold up much better. He showed and explained what he had done and the cost was what was originally quoted. He also subsequently emailed an inspection report with photos that detailed the work that was done. We are very happy to recommend Saratoga Chimney Sweep.

Description of Work
Gas insert fireplace inspected and cleaned. Dryer vent cleaned.

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces, dryer vent cleaning

08/17/2016

Richard L.

Jamie arrived when he said he would and did what he said was going to do. Very thorough and neat. Spent quite a bit of time answering my questions and explaining his findings.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaning and inspection

09/28/2015

Daniel B.

Great communication all around. Jamie was running a little late but I got a call early in the day advising me of the situation and he was there when he said he would be! The house is older (new to us) and we weren't sure of the fireplace/chimney history so we wanted someone to clean, inspect and give us the go ahead to be able to use it. The chimney was in definite need of cleaning so he had to work a bit free things up but at the end of the day we had a clean chimney and a very large bag of soot to prove the effort he put into cleaning everything. Was very glad I had someone come out because the soot proved the previous owner had a chimney fire of some kind and never cleaned up afterwards. Jamie gave us a detailed report of what he did and some preventative maintenance to think about. Highly recommend Saratoga Chimney Sweep!!

Description of Work
Inspected and cleaned chimney

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair, fireplaces

06/22/2015

Mabeth P.

All of the work was done as described and as per his estimates (over three separate visits from April to June 2015). Some of the work took longer than expected, but he still adhered to the estimate quoted. He checked out our dryer vent at no additional charge. Unlike other chimney services, he did not try to oversell services not needed. Jamie was very friendly and helpful (regarding both his work and how to use our wood stove and insert) and a pleasure to do business with. I would not hesitate to recommend him.

Description of Work
Jamie cleaned out both out chimneys (one with a stove and the other with an insert), removed dead (and extremely noxious) squirrel remains from one of them, installed screened chimney caps (to keep future squirrels out) and repaired parts of our Vermont Casting stove the squirrels had damaged before expiring. He also checked out our dryer vent.

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair, fireplaces, dryer vent cleaning

01/16/2015

Kevin G.

Jamie was truly a professional. He was very pleasant and direct on the phone, he was quick to schedule us and he arrived right on time. Our fireplace was in dire need of a cleaning and I was half expecting an additional charge. Jamie, however, kept to his quote and gave us some very useful tips for preventative maintenance. He also recommended a cast iron fire back, but suggested we buy it online or locally rather than through him as he though there were better prices due to shipping costs. Moreover, Jamie came when only my wife was home and was very friendly, respectful and polite. True professional; you'll be hard pressed to find a better service and his prices were more than fair.

Description of Work
Jamie inspected and cleaned our fireplace and recommended a fire back.

09/29/2014

Steven G.

Jamie was knowledgeable, professional, courteous and personable. He took the time to explain things to me and answered all my questions. I would definitely recommend him to others and will use his services in the future. I was totally satisfied with his work.

Description of Work
Inspected and cleaned chimney.

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair

06/09/2014

Nancy B.

AMAZING! Jamie is a true professional. He is knowledgeable, punctual, caring, doesn't rush and really knows his stuff. He confirmed the appointment and kept in touch as the date was approaching. I wish ALL providers had this level of professional and timeliness! I definitely recommend.

Description of Work
My clothes were taking a bit long to dry so I bought the voucher for the vent cleaning. Oh boy! He showed me the congestion in my venting, even gave me a picture (at my request). He then proceeded to clean the dryer vent. I asked him about my gas fireplace and he was able to service that as well, right on the spot. He also offered a small plug-in device that monitors the dryer vent build up. He was not pushy, just showed it to me. I liked it and bought it, he then installed it.

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces, dryer vent cleaning

05/31/2014

Eric P.

Jamie showed up on time and looked like a genuine chimney sweep. Loved the hat. Jamie was professional and very courteous. He checked the entire vent line and did some air flow measurements. He found an issue where the flange meets the vent line and fashioned his own adapter out of some spare ducting he had in his truck. It worked after his fix and no more air leaking. He then cleaned the vent and measured the airflow again so I could see it. We went from under 1000 to 1800 cfm with the cleaning and vent fix. Our dryer operates great again. I would highly recommend Jamie to anyone, as it was a pleasure to talk to him and he does excellent work. He took pride in what he was doing, and made sure there was no mess for me to clean up. Great experience.

Description of Work
Corrected vent issue and cleaned dryer vent. Tested flow rates before and after, and we nearly doubled our air flow.

05/19/2014

Paul S.

I thought the visit was very well, he looked at the dryer vent and did a check on it. He explained the venting was not up to code, therefore he could not try to clean it because his brushes would cause damaged and create a bigger problem. He explained how to get it up to code and I will probably higher him in the future for job.

Description of Work
He was suppose to come out and clean the dryer vent.

03/27/2014

Catherine A.

Jamie was very thorough, professional and knowledgeable. We hired him to just to do a clean but as we just moved into this home we decided to have the entire structure examined......glad we did. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Cleaned chimney, used camera to check entire chimney, checked chimney in attic and provided a lot of useful information

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair