Rye Contracting

Founded 1999 • With Angi since September 2016

From major remodels to handyman jobs & landscaping- This is your one call for all your home improvement projects. " With 22 years of experience in the Construction industry we are sure to complete all your projects in timely professional matter." -Contractor, Elvis Santana. We offer reliable work and provide itemized quotes with limited warranty on most repairs or installations. We focus on all sized jobs including additions and much more. Visit our website and drop us a line for a quote. Check our Instagram link at the bottom of the website for photo updates on some of our most recent projects. We look forward to the relationship. WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM/RYECONTRACTING Text : 914-920-0580 or email us directly at info@ryecontracting.com...

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+123 more images

concrete repair202010580
Roofing and other home improvements,
Roofing Project project

Finished Basement  project
Finished Basement

flooring

202010606

handyman (86)door installation (32)interior painting (15)woodworking (14)plumbers (11)tile installation (10)window replacement (9)general contractors (9)drywall (8)home remodeling (6)closet design (6)flooring (5)

11/16/2021

Jaime S.

Everything went perfectly. Communication was great. Job performed on time, neatly and professionally.

Description of Work
Swing chair joist mounted through shiplap

Category handyman service

Work Completed On 11/16/2021

Thank you for your feedback.Glad to hear your happy with your installation service.I look forward to working with you again.

11/16/2021

Nissa W.

Came out for an estimate. We walked them through what needed to be done. Spent about 30 minutes going over the project. Never heard from again. Don't waste your time if you need an estimate.

Description of Work
Basement and First Floor Remodel

Category chimney caps, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 11/16/2021

Hi [Member Name Removed]. I was waiting for you to get back to me on the patio.You had people working there and said you would get back to me on what work they don’t complete so I can include that. That was to be included in your estimate as well but also provided a rough estimate on the spot for 70k. Sorry I didn’t reach out to you sooner but I was expecting to here from you first otherwise I would of sent you an estimate a while ago. Please let me know if you still need the estimate.

11/11/2021

ben H.

It was great. Rather than renovate Elvis and his team helped us refresh our bathroom replacing and patching and building custom shelving so that it looks better than new. They were great to work with, talking through options and taking the time to make sure we were happy from start to finish.

Description of Work
They built custom shelves and revamped our bathroom

Category handyman service, lighting, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 11/01/2021

Thank you for your review. It’s important, we look forward to working with you again. Glad to hear your happy with the outcome of your project.

08/09/2021

Kate P.

Andersen Windows recommended Jobs for a Handyman for a problem I was having with my patio door handle. Elvis answered my call immediately, was at my house in 15 minutes and repaired the handle in 10. In addition to being prompt and courteous, he was kind enough not to charge me since it was a simple fix. Needless to say, I will be calling him for any future handyman jobs, and recommend you do so as well!

Description of Work
Doors

Category doors

Work Completed On 08/09/2021

Thank you for your review, your feedback is appreciated.

05/25/2021

Donna P.

We hired Elvis and his team to renovate our kitchen. The team was professional and reliable. They completed the work in the time frame discussed and did a beautiful job installing our floors, cabinets and backsplash. Elvis was very easy to get in touch with and quick to problem solve as different issues arose. I am extremely happy with my kitchen.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Category electrician, plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/25/2021

Thank you for your honest review and for choosing our company for your remodeling project. We look forward to the continued relationship.

01/10/2021

Lucia G.

I hired Elvis and his team to build custom shelves, install a shower system and minor repairs to my home. They were professional and knowledgeable concerning the jobs contracted. I am ecstatic with the results of their work. Everything was completed on time and cost did not go over budget. I was so impressed with the work that I contracted for them to install a retaking wall and repair some fencing on my property for the spring. I have had the fencing repaired 3 times prior by other people. Not one mentioned my main problem was a lack of a retaining wall. I trust that Elvis and his crew will finally fix the issues I have with soil erosion.

Description of Work
builtin shelving units / plumbing & landscaping

Category drywall, handyman service, landscaping, interior painters, driveway gates

Work Completed On 02/01/2021

Glad to hear your pleased with the outcome of your projects. We look forward to the continued relationship and thanks again for using our services.

12/10/2020

Aicha A.

Everything went extremely well. Elvis knows what he is doing, he is super professional and responsive. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Roofing, Plumbing, Painting - Interior, Electrical, Handymen, Doors, Concrete - Pouring & Repair

Category concrete repair, electrician, handyman service, plumbing, roofing, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 12/11/2020

Glad to hear your pleased with the service. We look forward to the continued relationship. Thanks again for using our services.

11/13/2020

Kelly G.

We were very satisfied with the renovation. It looks like a whole new basement. Great play space, great tv space and great workouts space. The laundry area is so much neater and cleaner as well. Highly recommend his work.

Description of Work
Plumbing, Painting - Interior, Remodeling - Basements, Electrical, Flooring Sales/Installation/Repair, Fireplaces, Carpet Sales/Installation/Repair, Doors, Handymen, Windows, Remodeling - General

Category carpet installation, electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, fireplaces, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 11/16/2020

It’s always a pleasure working with you both.Glad to hear your pleased with the renovation.We look forward to seeing you again.

11/11/2020

Rob J.

Our project with Elvis went great and was very smooth from start to finish. The digital payment system was also a huge plus and made payments easy + transparent. I would highly recommend Jobs for a Handyman to anyone looking to renovate their existing home.

Description of Work
Full roof replacement with plywood and shingles.

Work Completed On 11/11/2020

Thank you for your business Mr [Member Name Removed]. Glad to hear your pleased with the outcome of your new roof. We look forward to working with you again.

10/31/2020

Michael H.

I’ve never been more satisfied. My home is deeply personal and is one of my biggest investments. The entire crew was respectful of my concerns, neat, and they have the highest quality standard. I’ll be using Jobsforahandyman for all of my contracting needs!

Description of Work
Remodeling - Kitchen & Bathroom, Plumbing, Electrical, Handymen, Windows, Doors

Category electrician, handyman service, plumbing, replacement windows, home remodeling, doors

Work Completed On 10/31/2020

Glad to hear your pleased with our services. We look forward to working with you again.

10/24/2020

gordon L.

Excellent. They come in a timely and professional matter, work cleanly and efficiently charges are as agreed.

Description of Work
Electrical, Tree Service, Carpentry - Woodworking, Handymen, Plumbing

Category decks, electrician, gutter repair, handyman service, lawn service, plumbing, tree service, deck cleaning, pressure washing, woodworking

Work Completed On 10/25/2020

Glad to hear your pleased with the service and thank you for your continued business.

10/02/2020

Hotak T.

Excellent job, the result looks great

Description of Work
door install and sidding repairs

Category siding, doors

Work Completed On 10/12/2020

Glad to hear you’re pleased with the outcome of your project and thank you again for using our services.

07/22/2020

Gregg B.

Elvis and his team of professionals were great. Elvis spent the time to really listen to what we wanted to accomplish and then got it done. They removed a deck and replaced it with a patio. There were lots of “little” details that needed to be considered in a project of this scope. Elvis was knowledgeable on how to get the job done from A-Z and had the team to do it efficiently and well. Great job!

Description of Work
Masonry, Patios, Electrical

Category electrician, masonry, patios

Work Completed On 07/22/2020

Thank you for your review and happy to hear your pleased with the outcome of your project.

11/23/2019

Erika A.

It was a pleasure working with Jobs For A Handyman. They updated our interior stairwell by removing the black iron ballusters, sanded and stained the existing wood stairwell frame, installed cable railing and installed 2 aluminum handrails. The quality of work they did was excellent. They are very detailed and made sure all the little details were taken care of to ensure the project was completed end to end. For example, there was some downstairs ceiling work that was impacted as a result of removing the ballusters, and they removed, replaced and repainted the ceiling drywall to make sure it looked uniform. I was really happy with their communication. I really appreciated the proactive communications on arrival times, etc., and that they stuck to the schedule we set for returning to do the handrail installations. We found them to be very trustworthy and honest. Their prices were not the cheapest bid we got, but the finished product was well worth what we paid. Thank you very much Elvis and Desmi!

Description of Work
Update interior stairwell with cable railing

Category drywall, handyman service, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/06/2019

Glad to hear you’re pleased with your new railings. We look forward to working with you again in the near future.

10/01/2019

Dennis B.

Fast, smooth reasonable rate. Elvis was courteous, efficient and informative about our flooring.

Description of Work
Ceramic Tile

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, handyman service

Work Completed On 10/01/2019

Thank you for your review, happy to hear your pleased with the outcome of your repair.

09/25/2019

Caroline Y.

Wonderfully! Elvis comes on time, answers texts immediately. The work is thorough, well-done and best of all it’s done quickly. I highly recommend Elvis and his crew.

Description of Work
Various handyman task and roof repairs

Category drywall, gutter cleaning, gutter repair, handyman service, snow removal, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/24/2019

Thank you for feedback Ms [Member Name Removed], it’s always a pleasure working with you.

09/24/2019

Richard H.

Elvis Santana and his associate were very courteous, capable and professional, they completed the work in a timely manner, and were reasonable in allowing me to get the full benefit of an Angie’s list discount coupon.

Description of Work
cabinet repairs , moving and adjustment

Category handyman service, woodworking, cabinet refacing, doors

Work Completed On 09/24/2019

It was a pleasure meeting with in your home again Mr [Member Name Removed]. Thank you for your honest feedback and we look forward to working with you again.

08/21/2019

Al S.

I now use jobsforahandyman exclusively after doing research, conducting interviews and reading reviews. Elvis has never let me down. He always stands by his work&word

Description of Work
Window and trim repair + banister repair

Category handyman service, replacement windows, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/21/2019

It’s always a pleasure Mr Sadjak, glad to hear your pleased with the service ,see you again next year ! Thanks again for your loyalty

07/27/2019

Linda S.

The project went extremely well. Elvis, the owner, is responsive and professional. He is a perfectionist, which I totally appreciated. Our master bathroom remodel is truly a dream bathroom!

Description of Work
We completely gutted our master bathroom & enlarged it into an extra closet, adding an additional 3’x5’ feet. We chose high end tile and marble. Elvis is not only a perfectionist but his team is highly professional and exceptional in their work ethic. We were so happy with the bathroom project that we asked Elvis & his team to redo our front walk & entryway. There is no reason for us to ever higher anyone else. His work is impeccable and he is very professional!

Category ceramic tile, closet systems, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/01/2019

Thank you for your kind review, it means a lot to us. It was a pleasure working in your home knowing you can trust us and trust the outcome of your bathroom. We look forward to working on many more projects with you in the near future.

12/18/2018

Caroline Y.

They were terrific. They did an excellent job. The workers were very polite and respected my home. I kept adding things as they went a long and they never forgot anything. They communicated with me very well and I would give them my highest recommendation. I will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
They did inside and outside painting, wood rot, cleaned the gutters, cleaned up the snow, put on a lock on a door, did waterproofing and opened up a wall with drywall.

Category drywall, gutter cleaning, handyman service, locksmith, snow removal, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/01/2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Angieslist. We value your feed back and look forward to working with you again. The pleasure is ours !

11/18/2018

HUA Z.

There is no question that Elvis is a really smart and capable man. He knows everything and can fix anything I asked. His quality is excellent. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Remodeling of the house,painting, floor refinish, carpeting and bathroom

Category bathtub refinishing, closet systems, drywall, handyman service

Work Completed On 11/18/2018

Thank you for your reviews and it was a pleasure to Renovating your home. Please feel free to reach us for any of your future home improvement needs.

11/08/2018

Al S.

Very good job Elvis is very professional

Description of Work
Multiple jobs

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, handyman service, plumbing, replacement windows, mailbox repair, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors