SUNation Solar Systems

Nassau, Suffok and NYC
02/29/2020

171 Remington Blvd.

Ronkonkoma, NY 11779

We offer estimates and quotes using video calling

SUNation Solar Systems is Long Island’s home-grown, award-winning solar design and installation expert. They have been voted Best of Long Island Solar Business for 13 years in a row as well as Best Green Business for 4 years in a row, and Best Environmental Organization for 11 years in a row. The company is built on exceeding every customer’s expectations through exceptional customer service. SUNation has designed and installed over 7,000 residential, commercial and municipal installations since 2003 and currently services of over 9,000 systems. SUNation is the recipient of the following honors: A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau, 4.86/5 Rating on SolarReviews.com with over 250 reviews, Top Solar Contractor for 2021 in the U.S. by Solar Power World, Net promoter score of 95, Top Long Island Workplaces for 2021, Long Island Business News Top CEO 2016, Consistently recognized by New York State for various achievements....

solar companies (75)

03/06/2022

Brijesh P.

SUNation damaged my roof and refused to do repairs. I took SUNation to the small claims court and won a judgement against them for $4580. and they are not paying me. Be aware of SUNation solar.

Description of Work
Solar installation repairs to my roof

Work Completed On 03/06/2022

05/28/2021

Basia W.

Excellent, technician was thorough and clear.

Description of Work
Inspect system

Work Completed On 12/07/2020

02/09/2021

Javier C.

They really promised alot and failed to keep their word and promise in multiple aspects I really dont recommend anyone go solar because it not worth getting in debt and having a system that does not function as promised and have damage done to your roof. The first person I spoke to pauline promised a solar panel instalation with a tesla battery I started the paper work and a few months went by then they changed Pauline as my rep to James he scheduled my instalation and I did not receive a tesla power bank with my instalation he told me that there must have Been a confusion cause they do not normally include them in their installs. I was promised 120 percent of my homes power production but the systems has never produced that much power for me it doing a little more than 70 percent so my I still pay around 60 dollars of electricity on top of the solar panels. They told me I would get exactly 12700 dollars of tax reimbursement so that I can pay off half of the instalation I got about 7000 and now have have to pay the difference on top of the 15 year loan. That 5,700 that I have to immediately pay back so there really is no saving as expected and the 0 money out of pocket cost is a lie. They told me that if my ceiling ever had a leak that I would need to call right away and that they would send some one immediately. Today my roof started leaking and they told me the soonest they would have some one out here would be a week. Both of my reps Pauline and James no longer work at sun Nation I have no one to go to for assistance and their service is **** poor I am really not happy with the desicion I made with this company to go solar.

Description of Work
Solar panel instalation

Work Completed On 02/08/2021

12/15/2020

francis S.

Scott, I would like to say what a fantastic job Greg and the crew did today with my installation. All of them each and every one of them were very kind, curious and enjoyed my olde English bulldogge puppy. He misses them already. Two of my neighbors just came over to see what a great job was done, one of which has solar and is ****** he didn't go with Sunation. Greg knows who I'm talking about lol.

Description of Work
SOLAR INSTALL

Work Completed On 12/12/2020

06/26/2020

Carmen M.

What Sunation Solar Systems Inc did to me and my family during these times of pandemic is unforgivable! We all know the danger of Covid-19 we are living these days and the mandates set in place by the NYS Governor and all county officials and yet when Sunation’s crew of approx. 5 men show up at my home on 6/02/2020 to do the install, they did so without masks and gloves. They made matters worse by not sending home immediately one of the installers who got sick and used my bathroom several times and even had to ask for medication. Of course, a couple of days later, I wake up with sore throat and stomach issues which prompted me to seek testing for Covid-19 and loose additional time from work! The mental anguish, guilt and loss of income was never supposed to be an outcome of getting my solar panels installed! If anyone wants to allow this company to work in their homes despite my review I highly suggest requesting a written Covid-19 Safety Manual and a written and signed Competent Person Form from the onsite supervisor in charge of the install BEFORE the crew shows up at your house. This way, in the event of any problems, you have additional written guarantees that the work will be done in a safely fashion.

Description of Work
Installation of new Solar Panels

Work Completed On 06/02/2020

03/18/2020

Richard F.

Great company, met or exceeded my expectations based on the KWh needed for my household. I pay a connection fee on most cases and the solar loan is repaid with my robust tax refund.

Description of Work
Solar installation

Work Completed On 02/24/2020

03/17/2020

anil K.

Excellent very efficient and great follow up will recommend to all

Description of Work
Solar panels

Work Completed On 03/17/2020

03/17/2020

Joe P.

The whole process from beginning to end was flawless. My only regret was not doing this earlier. Highly recommended to anyone who has thought about going solar.

Description of Work
Solar panels

Work Completed On 03/17/2020

03/13/2020

Karl W.

From start to finish it was a great experience everyone was polite and professional. They took care of everything and made the whole thing very pleasant

Description of Work
Had Solar Panels installed

Work Completed On 10/12/2019

10/16/2019

Eric G.

I’m happy my family went green...but the install was less than adequate. The crew showed up and I asked them about the install, as every homeowner should. The lead installer seemed very cocky, when I asked him if they measured inside the attic for the joists he said they would. Well they didn’t...I’m very handy, and know how to do almost every trade in my home. So fast forward an hour or so...I asked the Lead again, you didn’t go upstairs in the attic, how did you measure. He said he didn’t have to, he installed the bracket from up on the roof. So I asked how he knew he hit the joists in the roof through the shingles and when he answered, “well we’re not perfect” I immediately changed my thought process on this install. I have a brand new roof...I don’t need unnecessary holes in my roof, especially when I’m paying someone to do a professional job. I was shocked he would say such a thing. Later in the install, I was sitting on my porch waiting to go to work and I saw my newly installed roof shingles being thrown off the roof and a lot of laughing and clowning around. So now I was super curious why roof shingles were being thrown off my roof from above, but even more curious as to why they were coming off my roof to begin with. I’m super super disappointed with this install. It’s not a cable install where you run a cable through the house in the same hole it was prior...it’s a big job and should be treated more delicately. Now, this job required an electrical inspection, as it should. The day after the install, the electric inspection company rep called me and they scheduled the inspection. The company is Electrical Inspectors, they are located in East Meadow. The day of the inspection, the inspector called me and said he would be by between a certain time and I said I would be home to make sure my dogs were not outside. We have cameras on our house and caught the guy doing the inspection from the street with his camera. You can not see any of the work done from the street. The point was that he was there to look at the panel on the side of the house, and ensure everything was done properly and to code. The day after I reached out to my sales rep and asked that he call me as I had a few things I was very very concerned about. He called me back and said he would take care of everything. So far, the only thing that has happened was the electrical inspection was rescheduled and I still have had no calls after the conversation or a person to come out and look at the roof holes or shingles that were thrown off my roof. Honestly, I wouldn’t go with Sunation after this install. Solar companies are a dime a dozen nowadays, find a different installer.

Description of Work
Install solar panels

Work Completed On 09/27/2019

Review for SUNation Solar Systems - 171 Remington Blvd., Ronkonkoma, NY - 38174303

HI [Member Name Removed], The situation you experienced should not have happened and SUNation has put new processes into place to prevent this from happening again. As you can see from our reviews, SUNation takes pride in our Customer Experience and we hope to win your confidence back. Feel free to give us a call to discuss further. I am always available to help! (Gina Carrara, 631-750-9454, ext 312)

Residential solar installation, commercial solar installation, and Municipal Solar Energy. A Tesla Powerwall Certified Installer, we provide backup energy storage batteries, ideal for emergencies. Level 2 Electric Vehicle (EV) Chargers available. Contact our SUNation Service Department at 6331-750-9454, option 2, for a full breakdown of products and services offered.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available, American Express