Pop-A-Lock of Greater Rochester

Founded 2007 • With Angi since April 2012

875 Atlantic Ave

Rochester, NY 14609

Pop-A-Lock of Greater Rochester provides a full range of residential, automotive and commercial locksmith solutions. Whether you need keys for your car, your home rekeyed, locks repaired at your business or a door unlocked, Pop-A-Lock has you covered. We serve all of Rochester and Monroe County. And we'll come to you! Or we can schedule select services for drop-off or while you wait in our office -- by appointment only. Call us today for a quote! BBB and ALOA member....

10/14/2019

Michael S.

Very easy to schedule a convenient appointment. Everyone I spoke with was professional, knowledgeable and cordial. Arrived on time, and very quickly and efficiently repaired and adjusted both locks. I only wish I'd done it sooner.

Description of Work
Repaired two exterior building locks that were difficult to use.

Category locksmith

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, [Member Name Removed]!

07/18/2019

LISA D.

Dan scheduled with me for the following Monday. Luckily for me and him, it was the weekend and not really an emergency. AAA towed my car back to my house, which was just two miles away. Dan sent Adam to my house, after confirming and reconfirming over the weekend. Adam gave me a call 10 minutes before the appointment. He took a look at my lock and walked me through what was wrong and how he'd repair it. He reconditioned my ignition lock, filed (sharpened) my key and my car started just like normal. He was done in a couple of hours and my little 12 year old car was road-ready. Dan returned all my cars and answered all my questions and I ask a lot of questions. If ever I'm stuck again, or lock myself out of my house, these are my guys. Timely, patient, eager to explain the process, responsive, thoughtful. I'm glad AAA is hooked up with them, because who knew there were mobile units such as this? So many thanks from this question asker on a budget.

Description of Work
My ignition key locked up. I was stranded - wouldn't move, couldn't roll up the window, couldn't move the wheel, couldn't start the car. It's a common problem for older Hondas. Fine. I called AAA and they sent my emergency call to Dan at Pop-a-Lock. It was late on a Friday afternoon.

Category locksmith

Thanks for the glowing review, [Member Name Removed]! I'm glad you were so pleased with our service and that we were able to get you back on the road.

07/19/2017

Tom M.

The technician was on time and did the work well. He was able to repair one lock that I thought was going to have to be replaced. In addition to installing the new lock on one door, he also fixed it so that the door opens and closes more easily than it did before.

Description of Work
Needed several door locks repaired and one new lock installed

Category locksmith

Thanks for the review! Glad you are happy with the work we performed.

06/14/2017

Robert D.

Prompt, courteous, no problems at all

Description of Work
Re-key multiple locks and replace on lock.

Category locksmith

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review!

04/25/2017

Linda I.

I sent a message via Angie's List in the evening and was impressed that April contacted me the next morning and set up the appointment for that afternoon. Tyler was very helpful and professional. He looked at the doorknob and said he could repair it but I opted to have it replaced. He quickly replaced it, and at my request re-keyed it so I could use my current key. He also adjusted my door as it was sagging, put in new, longer screws into my deadbolt lock for security purposes, and lubricated everything, explaining why he was doing everything. All this at no additional cost. I am very pleased with the service and the low cost. Will definitely recommend them and will be a repeat customer.

Description of Work
Front door lock was loose.

Category locksmith

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review!

03/27/2017

Krysia M.

Much smoother than expected. We had to secure permission from our friend to enter her house, entailing interaction by the locksmith with hospital officials to speak with her. He was very professional in making sure that all lawful aspects were covered for all parties involved, and very quick and efficient in helping us into the house. The charge was very reasonable, the service was courteous and sympathetic, and we would definitely recommend Pop-a-Lock to anyone needing help.

Description of Work
Needed to enter house and have lock changed for hospitalized friend.

Category locksmith

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We always try to make things as quick and painless as possible, especially in tricky situations like this. Glad we were able to help.

01/23/2017

Friedrich G.

Perfectly. Tyler arrived same day at promised time an finished job in 1/2 hour

Description of Work
Repair residential Schlage lever door lock

Category locksmith

Thanks for the positive review!

10/01/2016

Andrea F.

Great! Service person on time, identified the problem quickly and fixed it. didn't try and sell us another more expensive lock. Cleaned up nicely. Work guaranteed for 2 months. Would definitely use again

Description of Work
lock repair

Category locksmith

Thanks for the great review! Please call us again if you need locksmith services in the future.

08/20/2016

Ed J.

The locksmith was professional, very knowledgeable and provided all the extra keys we needed and they came on the day I called. I will never use any other locksmith in Rochester. These guys are really good at what they do, fast at it and very reasonable prices.

Description of Work
Changed lock and provided 12 new keys for commercial building.

Category locksmith

Thanks for the positive review! Happy to hear you were pleased with our service.

01/29/2016

Rose Marie S.

Description of Work
My old deadbolt was striped after many years of use. They were able to remove it and install a new one. Very quick response. Great price!

Category locksmith

Thanks for the great review! Glad we were able to help you.

12/03/2015

J B.

Description of Work
Lock to house from garage became jammed. We called another Angie's List locksmith who wasn't able to come out & they gave us names other locksmiths they felt were reputable. Pop-a-Lock came following morning and took care of problem and checked our other locks to make sure we wouldn't have same issue. They were professional, informative, and did a great job in short amount of time.

Category locksmith

Thanks for the review. Glad we were able to help!

10/14/2015

MAGDALYN C.

Description of Work
Totally pleased with responsiveness and professionalism.

Category locksmith

Thanks for the review. We're always happy to hear that a customer was pleased with our work.

10/09/2015

Carol W.

The office person was very pleasant, professional, and efficient when making the appointment for someone to come and unlock a truck vault, which has an unusual barrel key lock. I indicated that the truck vault had been donated to our church Next-to-New Sale, but the donor did not provide the key. We had obtained the key code number from the manufacturer, but the Pop-A-Lock staff had to do some checking on the key code number to see if they could make the key - they did that and called back very quickly to say that they could do it.. When I asked about the cost, I was told that Dan would make the key at no cost since we wished to sell the vault as part of our church fundraiser. An appointment was made - Dan arrived on time (and even called ahead to say he was on his way). He used a small device which set the key code we had provided, unlocked the vault to make sure the key code we had was correct, and then made us a key on the spot, using the machinery in his truck. He was very professional, quick, and a pleasure to work with. I would not hesitate to use his services again for any lock problem, or recommend him to a friend. And how generous of him to donate his time and expertise to help out a church in his community! His company is in my cell phone list in case I ever lock myself out.

Description of Work
Made a key for a truck vault lock that had been donated to our church fundraiser.

Category locksmith

Thanks for the review! Glad we were able to assist you and help a local church at the same time. Hope your fundraiser was a success!

06/14/2015

Daniel K.

Excellent! I now have an interior keyed deadbolt and a new locking door knob. Before the door only had one secure locking bolt (the turn-knob deadbolt) and now the door has two- the new deadbolt and the new locking door knob.

Description of Work
Replaced turn-knob deadbolt with a new keyed(exterior & interior) deadbolt. Plus, replaced door knob.

Category locksmith

Thank you for the great review, [Member name removed]! Glad to hear you are happy with your service. Please keep us in mind for your future locksmith needs.

06/11/2015

Kelly B.

Kitchen door latch broke, so the door couldn't be opened or closed at all. It wasn't an emergency since the front door was still usable, so I called at 10 am and got a 5 pm appt. The technician called at about 4 and asked whether 4:20 would be ok, and that was fine. Arrived when expected. He removed and replaced the broken latch as well as the latch on the front door, which wasn't in good shape either, and adjusted the strike plates. Reused the original knobs, which suited me fine. Courteous, prompt, did what was needed without going overboard. Very satisfied.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced broken latches, reinstalled the original knobs.

Category locksmith

Thanks for such a positive review, [Member name removed]! Glad to hear you are so happy with our service. Please keep us in mind for your future locksmith needs.

12/30/2014

Tracey M.

The service person showed up within an hour and had the door open within 15 minutes. He was friendly, professional and the price was fair. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
He unlocked an interior door

Category locksmith

Thanks for the positive review! Glad we were able to help. Please keep us in mind for your future residential and automotive locksmith needs.

10/08/2014

Brian H.

07/29/2014

William L.

I informed them that I was unable to get a tool box opened on the side of a F-350. They had no interest in even taking a look at it and informed me they were not intersted in helping me with this matter. Business must be good over there is all I can say.

Description of Work
Absolutely Nothing

Category locksmith

We pride ourselves on providing customers with the best service possible. When we feel that we might not be the best provider for a member, we refer potential customers to someone who could better assist them. In this case, we felt it unlikely we could help this member, so we suggested he contact one of our competitors.

01/02/2014

Barb K.

He is honest and reliable. I have used his services 3 times now and would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
He replaced a deadbolt for me and has replaced locks in the past as well.

04/25/2013

Carl S.

.After getting a scary cost estimate for a replacement Smart Key from my Toyota dealer, I called several locksmiths who weren't equipped to deal with the Smart Key technology, and one (with high Angie's list ratings) who gave me a reasonable price quote and with whom I placed a verbal order and several follow-up calls but who never got back to me. After two weeks of waiting for a response, I called Pop-A-Lock. They called me back in about a half-hour to apologize for taking longer than expected for a price quote, and then called that afternoon with the estimate. I placed the order, and two days later I got a voicemail that the blank key transponder had arrived. I returned the call and made an appointment for Pop-A-Lock to come to my house that afternoon to program the key and the car (and cut the mechanical key). The technician arrived ten minutes early. I gave him my remaining key and pointed to the car in the driveway, and about 20 minutes later he rang the doorbell to ask me to come and check it out. All the functions of both keys worked. (I had heard of instances where a new key was programmed and the old one would no longer work!) The bill was for the same amount as the telephone estimate, plus tax - and about half of what the Toyota dealership I first called had estimated. I was (and am) delighted and highly recommend Rochester Pop-A-Lock for their responsiveness, technical expertise, price and general integrity and professionalism.

Description of Work
Pop-A-Lock replaced a lost Smart Key for my Toyota Prius.

12/12/2012

David C.

Great experience, especially given the circumstances.

Description of Work
My wife and accidently locked ourselves out. Called Dan, and in less than 40 minutes from the time we made the call, he had us back in! He was very personable and professional. And, most importantly to us, empathetic to our dilema!

Master Key and Lock

A local mobile locksmith in the Rochester, NY, area serving all of your commercial, residential, and emergency locksmith needs. Our master locksmith does quality work in a timely fashion and excels at customer satisfaction. We do lockouts, rekeys, install deadbolts (wood or metal doors), lock repair and replacement, cut keys, and more. You are in good hands with Master Key and Lock! https://masterkeyandlock.com

JOHNNY LOCKSMITH INC.

Professional Locksmithing Sales Service. Honest, Dependable 25 Years Exp Professional Sales, Service & Installation

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

RESIDENTIAL: emergency door unlock; rekey locks; repair, replace, install knobs, locks and deadbolts; high-security locks. AUTOMOTIVE: emergency vehicle unlock; replace, duplicate keys; transponder keys; flip keys; smart keys; remotes; program keys and remotes; repair, replace ignitions, motorcycle keys. COMMERCIAL: rekey; master key; filing cabinets; repair/replace door hardware and locks; upgrade locks; access control

No storefront - mobile only.