Miracle Method of Rochester NY

Founded 2011 • With Angi since August 2012

645 Ling Rd

Rochester, NY 14612

Miracle Method of Rochester. We have 9 full-time technicians. We have a process that is very unique from other refinishing companies. We even refinish tile floors in commercial settings! Hundreds of apartment complexes, schools, and hotels around the country have enjoyed the benefits of our amazing

04/20/2019

Lindsey F.

DO NOT SIGN FOR THIS COMPANY UNTIL YOU COME SEE OUR HOUSE. The samples on display look great but don’t expect the same quality in your home. IT WILL NOT LAST LONG. Our work was done in September. At first I thought the kitchen counters looked great. I was thrilled, We were told what gentle cleaning products to use and, we were careful with that. However, in December, after rolling Christmascookies and setting baking pans on the island, I noticed a bit of difference in the shine of the counter in that area. A year later the counters look dull and worn -way older looking that the 1980’s counter top we replaced. We live in this house only 4 months of the year. My daughter is there on college breaks. Last summer she sent us a picture showing how the side of the counter was losing it’s finish. The bathroom was a disappointment from the beginning, except for the tiled tub walls which looked so much better than the fiberglass surround. We had picked a specked white with black & grey dots that looked like a stone finish. When it was done, it looked like 1960 and a kid did it. The tiny dots were streaks in many places. It looks really cheap. It had a mosquito sealed in it like Jurassic Park. When the Marc (?) came back to check the job he did have the mosquito sanded off but no replacement of sealer sanded off. The finish of the counter is terrible. If a bottle with sticker on bottom gets wet the print will stain the counter. So will makeup if you miss seeing it to wipe up right away. And you have to be sooo careful what you use to clean it up. Most things I was able to get up but one spot. yuk. The sink 3 years later is yellowing. Now to the new tub finish. I had them put on the rough stuff to help bottom not be slick. They never told me it would leave a bit off yellowsh tinge, but I can live with that. What upset me is Mark’s reaction when I pointed out the grey spots that made tub look dirty. He shrugged it off with the comment “That’s from putting on the non-slick (my word) coating.” AH NO!!! It’s underneath the coating. So now my tub looks dirty all the time. ONLY ONE YEAR LATER, we noticed a crack running from top to bottom of the tiles. We called and made an appointment to have them check it out. His comment was “well, it looks like someone took a box knife and ran it down the wall”. Like any of us would do something like that to what I thought was the best part of the job. He made an appointment for the repair and we made sure we were there for the 8am appt. NO SHOW. By noon we called and secretary acted surprised that we thought we had an appointment. At 5pm the repair guy showed up, said he had never seen something like that and would have to do some thinking about what to do. WE HAVE NEVER HEARD FROM THEM AGAIN. This December I noted a crack around the faucet. We had to leave for FL So didn’t call them. When we returned, (tub had been dry 3 months), the crack had become something else completely. It was a plastic coating on the so called “tile”! No wonder the comment about being able to use box knife to cut the tile! It was a super cheap plastic coating. Now everything looks older than the 1980’s stuff we covered up and we will have to replace everything they did. Take a look at the attached pictures. I’m pretty accepting not a perfectionist btch, but this really was my worst decision to do.

Description of Work
Kitchen counters, bathroom tub, tiles and sink

Category bathtub refinishing, ceramic tile, countertops

01/18/2019

Debra H.

Absolutely awesome. We're so pleased! Greyson was our technician, and he is a perfectionist.

Description of Work
I needed a 43-yr-old tub and tub surround refinished.

10/24/2017

Claudia G.

Awful, It was the worst job I have contracted for. I had my tub refinished previously. but it needed to be redone. When the sales person (Bill) for Miracle Method came to my house (I believe he owns the franchise), he said he had many whites and it would not be a problem matching or coming close enough that any small differences in color would not be noticed. The color is not even close. The caulking job around the tub was perfect before Miracle Method showed up. Now it is a mess, the technician clearly had very little experience and couldn't get a good bead right if he tried 100 times. It is so messy it makes me sick that this method was supposed to be better. I did not anticipate that the caulking would look like it had been done by a novice. There are drips coming down the side of the tub. I wasn't able to be there when the job was done, I was working out of town. He took an entire week to do the job. If I had been home, I would have not paid them. I told the sales guy where the key to my house could be found, and he was to pass that info on to the technician. . The technician left the door unlocked to my garage. He removed the pneumatic door closer on my Larsen storm door and did not replace it. I have no idea where it is. Nor did Miracle Method tell tell me where I could find it. Bill never checked on the quality of the job. He simply doesn't care, he got his money and that is all he wanted. He said the photos looked like the colors matched, so he must have sight problem. He has offered no solutions. I texted him on 9/16, he just got back to me today, October 23. Basically he has no solution. He said the messy build up in the corners was necessary. Well that is simply untrue, as most of his remarks were. I contacted the president of Miracle Method, who also has done nothing yet. I could never recommend this franchise to anyone. Better off buying a n ew tub. The photos show the poor match, the drips and the poor caulking job and how the caulking is already breaking away from the wall. The tub was used twice since the job was done. Water will surely get into the crack and the rest is history.

Description of Work
tub refinished

Category bathtub refinishing

Miracle Method holds the professionalism of our work at the utmost importance. We have been in business for many years and have hundreds of satisfied customers. Miracle Method takes claims like the one [Member’s name removed] has seriously. [Member’s name removed], you had been contacted before October 23rd as several texts took place between you and our salesman (not owner) after business hours. We had offered to address your issues; however, we requested that you be present at the completion of our work to make sure you are satisfied. We were directed to work your painter, which means other contractors were or could have been at this job site at the same time. Any number of things could have disrupted the caulking, such as movement in your tub. The caulking breaking away is a problem and though caulking is not covered under our warranty we are willing to come back and fix it for you. You do have an oversized gab between tub and tile which dictates more caulk is needed or grout to fill gap in parts of your surround. As for the pictures you sent to us, some pictures look like there were color differences and others look like the color white was fine, indicating a lighting difference. We can color match to any Sherwin Williams catalog of colors but that is an extra charge and decided ahead of time. Even with a color match it is not 100% guaranteed. Thank you for voicing your concerns and we hope to work with you on a resolution. Scott Allis

07/18/2017

Satish A.

Their response and punctuality was really good. There was no charge for the estimate.

Description of Work
I got a quote for them.

02/04/2017

David J.

I would absolutely use Miracle Method of Rochester NY again.

Description of Work
Miracle Method of Rochester NY did our tub and shower. They did our floor and the kitchen sink.

Category home remodeling

10/26/2016

Benita G.

He was there on time, was very nice, worked quietly and efficiently and then was done.

Description of Work
The bath tub was refinished and a bar put on the wall

10/25/2016

Benita G.

Very well. The person working was efficient and friendly.

Description of Work
The tub was peeling. They recovered it.

10/19/2016

sandra F.

They picked up my antique clawfoot bath tub for refinishing. They had it for 2 months. After they brought it back, and I paid them $1,615, I noticed an unfinished section. I called, and they called me back to tell me they must have missed a spot, in the refinishing. It was near where plumbing goes in, so I was concerned about rusting. He said,"Go ahead and hook it up,it will be fine", I wrote an email saying how concerned I was. No answer back...The check was cashed.

Description of Work
I wanted my antique claw foot tub refinished.

09/17/2016

Jean F.

We are thrilled with our new bathrooms! The work was performed on time and with no surprises. Our technician, Grayson, was an absolute pleasure to work with and a quality craftsman who impressed us with his attention to detail and neatness throughout the project. If you have outdated bathrooms with colored sinks and bathtubs and lots of tile work, this is definitely the way to go. A complete bathroom remodel would have required removing wall and floor tiles as well as cast iron tub and sink and would have cost around $9,000+. We replaced our toilets and faucets, had our vanity refinished and let Miracle Method handle the rest for half the cost. I highly recommend Miracle Method!!

Description of Work
Resurfacing of tub, sink, wall tiles, floor tiles, vanity countertop in master bath and countertop in powder room.

05/14/2016

Richard M.

Work was completed in 2 days. I noticed some scoff marks along the outside edge and streaking, along with nicks in the bottom. The Tech returned 2 days later to make repairs. The streak is less noticeable, but I found a smudge at the other end of the tub, which looks like the Tech's boot touched the tub during the repairs. I also noticed that the outer edge of the tub is shinier and smoother than the rest of the tub. The color is an improvement over the previous yellow color, but imperfections are noticeable up close and the paint isn't consistent, dull looking and rough to the touch in most places.

Description of Work
Refinished bathtub in white, replaced drain and sold bath mat

02/04/2015

kathleen D.

The work is gorgeous. He doesn't take shortcuts. He tapes everything and protects everything. There is no mess. It looks like a new tub and tile surround. Grayson was able to come earlier than expected,and worked all day. I feel comfortable leaving the house and running errands, having him alone at the house to do work. The company was also able to get to me within a few days of me calling. Other people should know that they provide a great value for the service.

Description of Work
He's resurfacing the tub. He also repaired and replaced a few of the tiles. He re-grouted them all. My cast iron bathtub is from 1942. Grayson is doing the work; I had him do work for me in the past and I asked for him specifically this time around.

Category bathtub refinishing, ceramic tile, home remodeling

12/30/2014

Sandra B.

technicians were on time, professional and courteous. promptly returned to address a minor problem.

Description of Work
added bullnose and resurfaced kitchen countertop

Category bathtub refinishing, countertops

11/09/2014

Wendy V.

so impressed by Miracle Method! Peter B and Rich L were our Technicians and they were so professional, nice and punctual! very Accommodating. The work they did is spectacular! They cleaned up everything after they were done. i did not have to. I can't stop staring at my shower and bathtub. I have never seen it look so good! I would Definitely recommend and would use there services again in the future-Wendy V

Description of Work
refinished our bathtub and surround

06/19/2014

SUE L.

Very pleased with the professionalism of all the guys who worked on the job, they found unexpected challenges and solved all issues involved.

Description of Work
Tile remove and install, refinish shower surround, refinish shower pan, additional tile repair. The job went very, very well from the first contact, to the estimate, to the job itself. It was not an easy situation to deal with, but they were good and thorough and all work was done on time.

Category bathtub refinishing, ceramic tile

04/24/2014

kathleen D.

I requested an estimate a year ago, but did not proceed. They called me a few weeks ago, and I was ready to have the work done. The price given last year was the price I paid this year. All of the work was done by Grayson. I mention his name because if you have the work done, he is the guy to do it. He spent hours doing the preparation, even lying on his back on the counter to tape and cover the undersides of the cabinets with protective plastic. Nothing was left to chance. It is a horseshoe-shaped counter and was covered with the old white formica with gold flecks. I chose the fieldstone countertop and opted to have the backsplash done as well. I had had estimates on the cost from two other vendors, and the cost was at least $1500, especially because of the pass-through to the dining room. I opted for Miracle Method because it was affordable, and just hoped it would look better. Grayson finished the work today, and it looks spectacular. I cannot believe the transformation! I am so impressed I can't stop going out to the kitchen to look at it. There is a downside, which is not really problematic for me but which might be for a person with sensitivity to chemical smells. I have blocked off the area since the material needs time to set/harden/cure (whatever) and opened the windows. I also cannot get it wet for another 24 hours, which, again, I can deal with. The odor has not migrated to the other rooms, fortunately, so there is no disruption there even though it's a fairly open floorplan. IN the kitchen it is pretty strong. I can live with any inconvenience given that it looks so darn good and was so affordable. I would heartily recommend this vendor. Again, Grayson is a neat freak, meticulous, professional, personable and was a pleasure to have around.

Description of Work
Refinish countertop

Category bathtub refinishing, ceramic tile, countertops

03/08/2014

sheila H.

Responding to an ad, I first visited the showroom on Dewey Ave to see what a refinished tub area looked like and then asked for an in home quote. The quote process was very professional.. The owner quoted exactly what I requested but also made other suggestions, several of which I accepted, once I understood the wide scope of options available. He then returned with shower door choices that were both attractive and fairly priced. The installation was equally professional. Peter was meticulous and hard working. Some odor, but dissipated quickly. We love the results. Overall Miracle Method is an EXCELLENT value, with a minimum of disruption. These entire project took about 4 days.

Description of Work
1). Refinished upstairs bathroom completely: tub, tiled walls, floor, vanity and sink; installed new shower door and grab bar, also refinished towel and toilet roll holders. 2) Refinished downstairs powder room: vanity top and surround.

Category bathtub refinishing, ceramic tile, countertops, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, doors

02/19/2014

Steve C.

I called Miracle Method to get another opinion. Scott (owner) came out and was very knowledgeable about what needed to be done. I was very happy with the work that was done, and hopefully my cracks won't reappear.

Description of Work
I had a tub that had cracked and was repaired by another company twice before.

12/15/2013

Mary M.

I was very happy with the outcome and look of all the resurfacing, particularly the floor. The finish was exactly what I wanted. Work was done on time with minimum inconvenience. Cleanup was great. I would recommend this company without hesitation!

Description of Work
My bathtub was resurfaced along with the first two rows of tiles above the tub area. This formed a border above the tub line. I also had the floor resurfaced.

Category bathtub refinishing, flooring contractor

11/12/2013

Gregg M.

They were very friendly, courteous, professional, clean and kept to the schedule. There were no problems with any of the work. Any concerns were addressed asap. I was very impressed and glad we hired them. Quality was excellent.

Description of Work
Refinish bathtub, refinish tub tile surround (extends from tub to ceiling), refinish tile walls in rest of bathroom (only lower half of walls are tiled), refinish vanity countertop, refinish bullnose tile and bathroom fixtures (toothbrush holder, soap dishes, paper holder, etc) in a different color. They also had to strip wall tile and countertop to remove DIY materials (yes, I initially tried to do this work myself but was not happy with the finish, so Miracle Method had to remove my "handy work").

Category bathtub refinishing, ceramic tile, countertops, remodeling, home remodeling

09/16/2013

Claude C.

He did a great job and his price was good. The guy had a lot of information about what he was doing. We were concerned about the match of the color because the color was pretty old on the wall, and he matched it perfectly. He told me that he would match it but it may not be absolutely perfect, but it turned out to be perfect though. So he did a great job.

Description of Work
I used Miracle Method of Rochester NY to re-grout the tub in my bathroom.

Category bathtub refinishing, remodeling, home remodeling

08/27/2013

Martin K.

It turned out great. I don't recall the price. They did a great job.

Description of Work
I used Miracle Method of Rochester. They finished a bathroom tub.

06/09/2013

Debra M.

The owner, Scott, was knowledgeable, informative and spent over an hour helping us to develop the remodeling. I am still deciding the extent of the project but will definitely use this company.

Description of Work
Estimate for work to cover outdate floor and wall tile and countertop.

Category countertops, flooring contractor, remodeling

03/12/2013

Carole B.

We did not want to add our old tub to the landfill pile or wrestle it out of the upstairs bath and this seemed like a reasonable alternative. With close inspection you can tell that it was refinished but overall appearance is very good. Workmen were polite and considerate. The process took about six hours from start to completion. Felt a little pricey but we feel it was worth it when all things are considered.

Description of Work
Refinished our 45 year old pink bathbub changing color from pink to white.

02/06/2013

D F.

Their price was reasonable. It was a long 3 days but it came out very nice; the quality was what I expected. There was a fair amount of dust but the cleanup and quality was good. They came out like we asked and the two guys that were here were very nice. They were very punctual and came when they said they would; they were professional.

Description of Work
I used Miracle Method of Rochester NY to install a new bathtub, 2 countertops, a floor and a kitchen counter.

Category bathtub refinishing, countertops, flooring contractor

01/08/2013

Barbara P H.

They were very helpful with us and talks freely with us. We love it. They did a very good job at a reasonable price. They had good and honest working people. Everything was great. They come to your house and you interact with them, I felt that was really meaningful. They worked really well with my wife in terms of color selection. She is thrilled because she got what she wanted. They cleaned up thoroughly. They also sealed everything of to minimize interruption. They came when they said they would be and done when they said they would be.

Description of Work
We just had new covers put on our countertops and the jacuzzi resurfaced by Miracle Method.

Category bathtub refinishing, countertops