Graves Brothers Home Improvement

Founded 1977 • With Angi since July 2006

Graves Brothers Home Improvement has been locally-owned and operated in Upstate N.Y. since 1977. As one of the fastest growing businesses in the region, they offer their residential and commercial clients Roofing, Siding, Windows, and other Home Improvement services. Graves is a

GAF Preferred Contractor BadgeA Service Provider's profile imageA Service Provider's profile image

roofing (195)siding companies (36)window replacement (21)gutter repair (17)insulation (10)roof cleaning (3)solar companies (2)skylight installation (2)roof snow removal (1)fence company (1)door installation (12)home remodeling (10)

10/20/2022

Charles S.

Guy came out and did the measurements but now I have yet to hear from him or the company and was told that he tried to get ahold of me once even tho I have no records of him calling. I emailed him directly and have yet to hear back from them

Description of Work
Insulation

Category insulation

Work Completed On 10/11/2022

06/09/2022

Leon W.

Had an estimate within 24 hrs of contact. Work performed 6 days from contact. James and Anthony did and extraordinary job. Professional, personable, high quality job at a fair price. This company is excellent!

Description of Work
Soffit repair from squirrel damage

Category siding, chimney repair

Work Completed On 06/08/2022

Thank you for the five star review. We appreciate it!

09/21/2021

Ed T.

Excellent workmanship and communications. Ours was a relatively small job for them ($700). But, in a way, I believe a small job says something important about a business that often does jobs that cost thousands of dollars. The office communications in setting up the job were very responsive. The two craftsmen that worked on the job were communicative in what they were doing, and worked in a very professional manner. After completion of the work there was a little mix-up in processing the invoice; however, that was resolved with integrity by the office and field representative working together. I would contract with Graves Brothers again; in fact have scheduled another project for them to replace two attic windows and install a large fan in one of the attic windows.

Description of Work
Masonry restoration of front steps and base.

Category decks, pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 08/31/2021

07/30/2021

John S.

I have an 1860's home with a large bay window. The roof needed replacing and the wood underneath repaired. The job was completed in a timely fashion and as I perceived done well except that the black flashing on a cream colored house is at least 1 foot tall and is an eye sore. Here it is approximately 1 year later I was doing work on the widows above this roof and I noticed a large hole in part of the roof that was replaced. After further investigation the cause is poor workmanship. I contacted Graves Bros, spoke with them about the issue, sent pictures and they will not back their poor quality of workmanship. I was told I can hire them back to do a repair at my cost. I paid a lot of money to have this job done I would have expected it to last more than a year. Graves said this was a repair not a complete roof replacement and they do not warranty repairs. No matter how big or small the job I would consider this a replacement. I would also think that if this is something they themselves caused that they would fix it.

Description of Work
Bay window roof replacement

Category contractors, roofing

Work Completed On 07/26/2021

07/30/2021

Mary O.

The serviceman, James, was very good at his job. He was polite, knowledgeable, fast and explained things. We would highly recommend him. Things look much better here now.

Description of Work
Our siding (originally done by a different contractor, not Graves) was in need of several repairs.

Category siding

Work Completed On 06/30/2021

Thank you for the five star review. We appreciate it!

04/11/2021

Rick B.

Graves Bros. (Rochester crew) handled our roof replacement, and we could not be more impressed with the results! The process started with a two-plus-hour meeting with Chad, assessor and estimator. He knew this was our first-ever roofing project, and was patient, thorough and professional answering a wide range of questions. We had one final contractor meeting scheduled, but that was cancelled thanks to the great visit by Chad. Graves was hired the next day, and price became secondary, as we felt totally confident with this major decision. The work crew arrived at 7:00 am, and twelve hours later with sunset imminent, the job was finished, in spite of one unforeseen challenge along the way. After tearing off the old shingles, one large section with very low pitch revealed a decking that was markedly warped in many areas — poor workmanship by the previous roofing company!. Rich, Graves’ excellent project supervisor, was all but assured the entire area had to be replaced with 16 sheets of new plywood (otherwise, we’d be re-covering an issue that would reveal damage down the road). So, Rich asked his boss, John, to come out ASAP, and after a meeting to discuss options, we confidently approved the extra work and cost. Fast forward to the successful conclusion, our finished GAF roof looks fantastic; the quality of materials was clearly equaled, if not surpassed by, the amazing skilled workmanship of the crew. Thanks to Rich’s team — including Chino, Juan, Maria, Manuel and Louis — for their dedication, attention to detail, professionalism, and camaraderie—their self-pride and experience made all the difference! Also, a thank you to Bob, Logistics Manager, for timely delivery of materials and removal of dumpster. We highly recommend Graves as the best possible choice for any roof repair or replacement. Rick and Debbie B.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Work Completed On 03/25/2021

Thanks for the great review. We are proud of our team and will let them know you enjoyed the experience. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

03/24/2021

KRISTOPHER S.

So glad we hired Graves Brothers. We anticipated some structural damage to the wood around the windows on the west side of our home do to improperly installed gutters by the home builder. The damage was much worse than anticipated. Graves Brothers did a great job assessing the damage and what would be required for the repair. The additional work was very fairly priced and completed quickly. The installers were great about cleaning up the job site each day. We have received so many compliments about how good our home looks. I highly recommend Graves Brothers.

Description of Work
Replace siding, soffit, facia, and gutter.

Category contractors, gutter repair, siding

Work Completed On 11/20/2020

Thank you for the five star review. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you. We hope to earn your business on future projects.

02/22/2021

Greg F.

Graves was responsive to need to remove snow off roof to mitigate ice damming. Service person was courteous and did a nice job.

Description of Work
Remove snow off house roof

Category contractors, roof snow removal

Work Completed On 02/22/2021

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

11/20/2020

timothy G.

they came when they said did a great job at a fair price

Description of Work
installed new siding

Category siding, garage builders

Work Completed On 01/06/2020

Thank you for the 'A' rating. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you and hope to earn your business in the future.

10/30/2020

Matthew B.

Arrived promptly and performed high quality work. Pricing was in line with the contractor market in this area.

Description of Work
Roof flashing wind damage repair

Category garage builders

Work Completed On 10/30/2020

Thank you for leaving your "A" review. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

10/23/2020

Catherine O.

Both crews that worked on these projects were very professional and did great work. The new stairs are not going anywhere! I would definitely hire them again!

Description of Work
Stair remade for rental unit. Added electrical outlet for stove.

Category contractors, electrician, garage builders

Work Completed On 10/23/2020

Thank you for leaving the "A" rating. We are glad that you had such a positive experience and look forward to working with you in the future.

08/15/2020

William B.

Cruz was exceptional at helping us with our roof assessment and troubleshooting. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us and answering all our questions. Your professionalism was very much appreciated.

Description of Work
Roof Assessment

Work Completed On 08/07/2020

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate the recognition of our teammate and we will make sure to share it with him. We are glad we had the opportunity to work with you.

07/13/2020

Douglas W.

During a very intense rain storm the roof developed a leak. I called Graves Brothers and left a message (it was after hours on Saturday), they returned my call promptly and were able to schedule an appointment the next day. The technician that came out, Cruz, was on time, polite and professional. He quickly identified and repaired the problem, keeping me informed as he worked. I have to say, I was impressed by each person that I interacted with from Graves Brothers and would highly recommend this contractor.

Description of Work
Roof repair

Work Completed On 07/13/2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

05/17/2020

Lydia D.

Great! Man came looked at the job, told me the cost. I asked when can he do it. He said "now"! The glass was replaced in an hour, no mess, no fuss! Reasonable, personable, able! Done!

Description of Work
Changed glass panel that was broken in sliding glass window!

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 05/16/2020

04/13/2020

Sheri A.

The job went well 2 years ago. We now have mold as a result of the work they did, according to the Home Inspector. They are refusing to take responsibility and pay for the mold remediation. They are blaming it on Quality Homes who did the blown in insulation years ago. Quality Homes, in turn is pointing the finger at Graves. I am being held up on the sale of my home because neither will take responsibility.

Description of Work
Complete tear off of roof

Work Completed On 10/15/2017

[Member Name Removed], sorry to hear about your challenge. A Graves Manager and Project Manager have been notified and you may receive a call to discuss your situation.

01/21/2020

Carol R.

Fine. We are very pleased with their work.

Description of Work
Installed a new roof

Work Completed On 11/13/2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate it.

12/03/2019

Caitlynn L.

First it took a week & multiple calls to the company for someone to call us back. When an appointment was finally made, no one showed up. My husband called the company & was told that they moved our appointment to the next day, someone was supposed to call us. Next day, no show again. Took 4 calls to get one of the workers to call us back, who then says that he can try to come by 4:30pm (appt was originally for 8am-12pm), but wasn’t going to guarantee it. No apologies, no explanations. Had to take 2 days off of work & wait around for nothing. We will be going with a different company.

Description of Work
Roof repair

Work Completed On 12/02/2019

We apologize that you did not have a positive experience working with us. We strive for all of our customers to be satisfied.

11/13/2019

timothy G.

graves bros have given me a very competitive bid and I accepted it. they say they will start work in a month or two. will update when work is done. they did the work as scheduled and did a fantastic job

Description of Work
new siding

Category siding, garage builders

Work Completed On 01/03/2020

Thank you for placing your trust in us. We value the opportunity to work with you and are proud that you thought it was fantastic.

11/11/2019

Dina D.

Bob and Ryan did a great job! They were organized and professional and courteous. The new garage wall, new door and vinyl siding came out great. Most of all we felt we were in good hands.

Description of Work
Replaces garage wall, exterior door in garage, vinyl siding on new wall.

Category roofing, woodworking

Work Completed On 11/06/2019

10/29/2019

Michael B.

The work was completed over a 7 day period due to 2 rain delays. The workman was very professional continually keeping us up to date on what he was doing and why. He took much care to make sure that the new trim fit properly and that it matched the existing house contour. The front door frame was a challenge because of it's varying contour but he was up to the task and it came out beautiful. We are extremely pleased with the results. We would not hesitate to work with Graves again or to recommend them.

Description of Work
Graves installed White Aluminum trim on the complete outside of my home. It included 18 windows, the peaks and soffits on the house and garage, 2 exterior doors, and the garage and porch frames.

Category siding

Work Completed On 10/22/2019

Thank you for the great review and rating! We are glad to hear the project went well. If you or anyone you know needs home improvement services please let us know.

10/07/2019

Peggy D.

Everything about our relationship with Graves Bros. during the window project has been excellent: from the initial estimate, details about start times, the crew that installed the windows, and the office personnel with whom I spoke about billing questions. The crew of Bob, Joshua and Kyle were in our house for two days and were professional, efficient, friendly, courteous and really knew what they were doing. There were a couple of unexpected problems which they didn't ignore but rather came up with excellent solutions. We are 100% pleased with Graves Bros. Home Improvement and recommend them without hesitation. We called them for the window project because they had been equally professional when replacing our roof 2 years ago.

Description of Work
Replacement of 7 windows including 3 huge, picture-window sized windows.

Category roofing, replacement windows

Work Completed On 10/07/2019

Review for Graves Brothers Home Improvement  - 755 N Winton Rd, Rochester, NY - 38154987

Thank you for the excellent review and love our repeat customers. Glad we could work on your windows project and hope to work again with you in the future.

09/10/2019

Timothy P.

It went perfectly! Start date was off by a few days, but it was middle of the summer and I'm sure they were backed up on another job or two. Went very fast. They even fixed the wood above my front door for free. I guess someone forgot it when SOMEONE redid the soffit back in the 80's. My neighbor hired them to do THEIR roof too. No issues and paid when the job was complete and everyone was happy.

Description of Work
Roof, gutters, downspouts, soffitt, facia (where needed), 4x6 replacement boards, new roof ridge vent ... the whole 9 yards!

Category gutter repair, roofing