Comprehensive Mold Management LLC

Founded 2006 • With Angi since December 2011

We are an A+ rated BBB accredited business that has been on the job since 2006, specializing in mold remediation and basement waterproofing. We will come to your home, evaluate your problem area, and provide you a free estimate. We offer a Lifetime Warranty* (Some Restrictions May Apply) and offer

Basement Mold Remediation

mold removal

202014624
Comprehensive Mold Management used a multistep remediation process to complete this basement job. The steps include finding and removing the mold’s source, containing the mold so it doesn’t spread, cleaning and removing the mold, and taking steps to prevent further mold growth.
View project

mold removal (120)basement waterproofing (24)air duct cleaning (12)insulation (12)drywall (11)interior painting (9)water damage restoration (8)glass block (2)tile installation (4)home remodeling (2)woodworking (2)flooring (2)

01/14/2023

John H.

Comprehensive Mold Management did a mold abatement in our attic during this past summer. They were on time, did the work with a minimum of disruption, cleaned up beautifully after the job, and the attic is looking great. During the recent cold snap, we had frozen pipes and worried that it was caused partly by our attic power vents. We call Mold Management and Ken came out and thoroughly researched the issue. He discovered that one fan was not working and recalibrated the other so that it is now working properly. It alleviated the concerns we had about the problem. He discovered a leakage problem and recommended getting a roofer to come to take care of it. He did not charge a thing for this most recent visit. I can't praise them enough. They are professional in what they do, considerate of the property and helpful to a great extent.

Description of Work
Remediated the mold in the attic.

Category mold removal

Thank you for the great rating and review. We are pleased to hear you were happy with the work and service. If you ever need assistance in the future please let us know.

11/29/2022

Wayne and Mary Lou R.

Our experience from the estimate process through the completion of the remediation, was outstanding; very professional, friendly, and always available to answer questions and explain the process.

Description of Work
attic mold remediation

Work Completed On 12/01/2022

02/10/2021

Christine C.

We were very impressed with the very clear communication with every member of the team -- from Ken's first visit to every one of the work crew. They were thorough, efficient and left everything very clean. We are very pleased and recommend Comprehensive Mold Management highly. Totally professional.

Description of Work
Significant mold removal

Work Completed On 02/09/2021

Thank you for the great ratings! We appreciate the support. If we can ever be of assistance in the future please let us know.

02/05/2021

Thomas S.

My basement started leaking water and there was mold. I called three contractors from Angie's List and all three quotes were very different and work required ranged from $10,000 to $35,000. One company wanted to jack hammer the entire basement floor and excavate the around the house. Needless and expensive. Ken Bird, owner of CMI Comprehensive Mold Mgmt Inc., however, was professional, explained what needed to be done, provided a fair quote and offered financing information if I was interested. This was the only company who recommended a NY State Licensed 3rd party certification, and guaranteed the work for life. I have already recommended this company to a friend with similar basement issues. The Project Manager onsite was Mike, who was professional, courteous and explained the daily progress during the week they were here. The project included: mold removal and remediation, basement waterproofing (walls), new glass block windows and sump pump well replacement. Overall - five stars !

Description of Work
January, 2021

Category ceramic tile

Work Completed On 02/05/2021

Thank you for the great rating and review. We are so pleased to hear that you were happy with the work. We appreciate the recommendation, glad to help anyone you may know in the future.

09/16/2020

Cheryl S.

Very satisfied with work: clean, professional, finished off closet ceiling so old hatch no longer visible. Showed us photos of attic as work progressed so we could see what was done (installation of baffles for proper ventilation of attic, built up walls around back of ceiling lights to keep new insulation out of fixtures, depth of new insulation). We expect that HVAC costs will go down measurably, & that ceiling condensation during cold weather (bathrooms & adjacent bedroom) will go away. (Did not rate price because 2nd contractor didn’t show up to provide estimate as basis for comparison.)

Description of Work
Blown-in insulation, bathroom vents ducted to outside, closed up attic hatch in closet/created new hatch in hallway

Category insulation, woodworking

Work Completed On 09/11/2020

Thank you for the great rating and review. We are so pleased to hear that you were happy with the work. We appreciate the recommendation! If you need anything further please let us know.

04/12/2020

Lucy R.

It went very well. I would highly recommend them

Description of Work
Mold removal

Work Completed On 04/12/2020

03/25/2020

Rich D.

The work was performed by very knowledgeable professionals. Explained all work being done. Cleaned up after every day. Very pleased with the outcome and for a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Mold removal on basement walls.

Work Completed On 03/20/2020

Thank you so much for the great review and rating. We are so pleased to hear you are happy with the work! If you need anything in the future please make sure to reach out.

03/10/2020

Kristin P.

Amazing!!!! Very professional. The two men that did the work for us were kind, courteous, respectful, hardworking gentlemen. I would recommend.

Description of Work
mold remediation for attic

Work Completed On 03/10/2020

02/18/2020

Lisa S.

It went very well. The process only took a day and a half. The crew did a great job. They removed the mold and painted the walls. They were friendly and respectful of our home. They even went as far as to help me shovel my driveway while they were waiting for the inspector to come and approve that the work was completed.

Description of Work
We had some minor mold in our basement that we wanted removed.

Work Completed On 02/18/2020

12/13/2019

Ann B.

Did what they said they would do. Came on time, responsive. Cleaned up.

Description of Work
Attic remediation

Work Completed On 12/13/2019

12/08/2019

Richard G.

Not that impressed with the way the company ended up. I built a home in Pittsford roughly 27 years ago. The home was considered well-built. The basement when built had drywall built throughout the entire basement, the contractor purposely did not complete the drywall first 3 feet so as to be certain the concrete could have a full 12 months to dry. For 25 years there were no problems. Starting around two years ago we started to get black mold on the drywall in a corner of the basement. I ended up talking to the owner of CMM. The owner told me that with $6000 the problem would be taken care of, and if the problem happens again it would be covered by his company. In essence he gave me a life warranty on the job. I would not have been so quick accept he promised that if I have the problem again it was covered for life. He then said at least in the area where you were he had the problem in the past. The The crew came very respectful very professional and after four or five days the job was completed. The owner was never at my house during that week of work. The manager at the end of the job told me once again and if there was any problems let them know. When he left I felt good. Within about four weeks the moisture started again. Of course I immediately called CMM. Within a couple of days the same manager that had been to my home came again. After about an hour he asked me to use his phone and talk to the owner. This time the owner told me that the problem was from the outside of the home. He said it was not covered. I didn't ask what does it take to fix the problem and how much is it going to cost. He could not give me that answer. Keep in mind, when he first came to my home he made it very clear that he would take care of that problem. No, all bets were off and he won't even give me a price on what it would take for him to fix the problem from the outside, he said it will be Price and time and he would not be willing to give me any TOP price! Basically he said oh I can fix the problem I have no idea how much it's gonna cost or how I'm going to have to do to fix it. Very disappointed. I spoke to some top respected contract and hired a well respected Engineer to check my home. The Engier P.E. felt that companies like CMM as well as NeverWet are not the most honest companies. More so in his opinion only, he has spoken to many doctors at Strong about Mold. These Dr’s felt that the mold fear in Rochester New York is nowhere near as serious as companies like this give you the impression. I have to say that there are not black mold's that are dangerous but that the ones in Rochester are different and not as dangerous. Regardless he told me my home was built well and that I don't have to worry about the problem more so it's a personal choice if the moist area bothers you. The bottom line is this company CMM I feel took advantage of me. I possibly could sue him I possibly could win. I'm not going to and what I am going to do is tell anybody and everybody about this company. You make the decision, but don't complain if you feel it was a waste as it did to me.

Description of Work
Get rid of mold and moist/wet wall in the basement.

Work Completed On 05/20/2019

11/02/2019

Kathie K.

Excellent. Very satisfied with the timeliness and work completed

Description of Work
Mold remediation

Work Completed On 10/15/2019

Review for Comprehensive Mold Management LLC - 291 Buell Rd, Rochester, NY - 38210844

08/12/2019

Donna C.

I had a mold problem on two walls. they not only repaired the two walls they continued around the joining walls half way. They arrived on time and prepared the area, completed the job and cleaned up after. The two men worked hard and were courtesy. I would recommend this company for any mold situation you might have.

Description of Work
Basement mold

Work Completed On 08/12/2019

Thank you for the great rating and review. We are so pleased to hear that you were happy with the work and our crew. We appreciate the recommendation, glad to help anyone you may know in the future.

05/26/2019

PAUL S.

Excellent! Professional, honest and the quality of work was top rate. Amazing attention to detail and friendly staff and crew. You can't go wrong here.

Description of Work
Mold Remediation, Attic insulation and venting.

Category insulation, mold removal

Work Completed On 04/01/2019

05/01/2019

Jane A.

A friend suggested CMM, for the moisture problems in my basement. I am so happy with the results, it is like a new basement! They actually corrected, and cleaned the mold from my walls and sealed them, at a reasonable price.They are the best!

Description of Work
Basement moisture & mold remediation.

Work Completed On 04/10/2019

Thank you for the kind review and great rating. We are glad we are able to provide affordable solutions for your home. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance to you in the future.

01/14/2019

Mike D.

They were awesome. It was a 1.5 day job. They sealed up the walls with 2 coats of a special paint/sealer. I was wondering how they would paint behind stationary tubs, and toilet and sink. They did a wonderful job on everything, they covered everything.

Description of Work
Mold management and seal basement walls

Work Completed On 11/19/2018

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review and rate us so highly. We are so pleased to hear you were happy with our staff and the work. Thank you so much for your recommendations!

09/17/2018

Brandon G.

It went well, they made sure that the hiccup was done good and it is an excellent experience. Their warranty is exceptional.

Description of Work
They did mold remediation on my basement.

Work Completed On 02/12/2018

09/11/2018

Russ D.

This was a two week job. The work they did was great. They were very professional, courteous. They would check in with me every day. The courteousness and professionalism of the work done was great. They were polite about everything they did for me.

Description of Work
Mold remediation as well as excavation of drainage tile, replacement of drainage tile, and replacing some drywall.

Work Completed On 03/01/2018

Mary Ellen L.

It went very well. My basement went from being wet and damp to being totally dry.

Description of Work
They fixed up my basement. They treated mold, put in a drain, sump pump, and a dehumidifier.

Work Completed On 05/17/2017

Jackie and Lenny C.

It was great. I would highly recommend. Professional, knowledgeable, trust worthy, kind, and very clean. Paul was awesome. They were on time. The van was very organized and clean as well.

Description of Work
Mold remediation

Work Completed On 06/07/2018

Thank you very much for the excellent review and ratings. We are so happy to hear you had a positive overall experience. We greatly appreciate your recommendations.

Christina F.

Fabulous. From the owner down to the 2 gentlemen who worked on it they were all great. They answered any and all questions I had. The owner was even available to come to my site to make sure things were done correctly when needed. The installation crew was very knowledgeable but also not afraid to consult with the owner when they had questions to make sure things were done exactly correctly. I have already recommended them to people I know.

Description of Work
Got rid of mold in basement and then repainted everything

Work Completed On 06/01/2018

08/30/2018

Doug D.

They were neat, on time and kept me up to date on progress. The end product was excellent.

Description of Work
Mold abatement and drainage as well as painting/sealcoating.