Comfort Windows

Founded 1979 • With Angi since July 2006

1380 Scottsville Rd

Rochester, NY 14624

Comfort Windows is Upstate NY's Premier Home Improvement Company. Local experts for windows, doors, bathrooms, basements, insulation, sunrooms, siding and more.

02/12/2021

David B.

We were blessed when we bought our home 4 years ago that all the previous homeowners did an amazing job with maintenance and upgrades over the years. The only deficiency was that the home still had its original 30 year old windows. We knew from day one that we needed to replace them sooner than later. We saved up and finally called highly-recommended Comfort Windows last August. Our salesperson, Don, was very thorough and knowledgeable. He explained all our options in great detail without any pressure tactics. We chose the window line manufactured by Comfort Windows themselves in Syracuse. 20 windows, triple-paned, one layer of Low-E coating and argon filling. Our house is a traditional colonial so we stuck with the grids on the front but left them out in the rear. We even changed some windows to picture windows. Wow! What an amazing great decision. The light and views are just gorgeous. We also replaced a sliding door between the house and a sunroom addition. Comfort Windows are great quality and affordable. The craftsmanship is top notch. Great value for the product. Like many others acknowledged, our project was delayed by 3 months due to the pandemic. We were originally given a November installation time frame, but didn’t get them installed until February. The real heroes of this project were Paul and Chris. Temperatures in the teens, thick snowpack, heavy lake effect snow, nothing stopped these guys. They were very professional, polite, COVID conscious, and did quality workmanship through some really tough weather conditions. A few other guys popped in here and there to lend a hand, but I didn’t get to meet them. Paul and Chris were “our guys” and we welcomed them into our home like family. When all said and done, we absolutely love our new Comfort Windows. The energy efficiency ratings are spectacular and we can’t wait until we stick it to RG&E. We used a thermometer to check the difference. While it was 12-degrees outside, our original double-paned windows averaged 40 degrees on the face. Imagine, that’s like leaving multiple refrigerators wide open 24/7. The new Comfort Windows were 60 to 65 degrees on the face of the glass. What a difference! We actually had to turn down our thermostat because we were sweating at night. The windows are gorgeous and you can just tell that they were built to last well into the future. A great investment with no buyers remorse. You just can’t beat Comfort Windows. Don’t believe the hype of the overrated national brand. How can a window made to be “one size fits all” serve the climates of California, Florida, Arizona and the winters of New York? These windows are made in New York. These windows are made for New York. Support local businesses and local hard working men and women.

Description of Work
Total window replacement (20) on a Colonial

Category replacement windows

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for leaving such a great, detailed review and mentioning how we did during every step of the process! The team here at Comfort Windows & Doors is thrilled to hear such good feedback! Paul and [Member Name Removed] are great examples of how much our crews care about going above and beyond to make sure you are thrilled with your new windows. We work hard every day to be the best window company in Rochester. Enjoy the new views!

12/12/2019

Susan B.

They are really good. We rely on them. They are very helpful. We've used them many many years. We like them.

Description of Work
They did windows and doors for us.

[Member Name Removed] thank you so much for the feedback! Team Comfort

02/15/2019

Kimberly V.

The crew who installed my doors were highly skilled, friendly, courteous, on-time, and knowledgeable. They went above and beyond with the installation, taking care to details. They had to do quite a bit of work to get my doors to fit and their work was masterful. I had some challenges with scheduling the estimate but given my prior positive experience I kept calling until it got worked out.

Description of Work
Install new front and side doors

Category doors

06/19/2018

David L.

Old came out. New went in. No problems

Description of Work
2nd floor window replacement

12/15/2017

Barb L.

Have used comfort windows for many years; always 100%+ satisfied!

Description of Work
Had replacement windows installed

10/07/2017

Max R.

I had several estimates but the sales person from Comfort seemed to be a bit more "on the ball" than representatives from other companies and he offered a price match that made the choice of Comfort Windows a no brainer. I signed up and paid a deposit and a few days later a person showed up to do the detail measuring. Since this was a special order, we knew it would take 5-6 weeks for the windows to be built. When the windows were available Comfort called and we set a day for the work to be done. The installation crew showed up on time and were very professional. They removed one of the old windows and found that the new windows simply would not fit the opening. Apparently our "quarter round" windows weren't exactly quarter round. They were slightly "squished" on the round part and the new, replacement windows were built exactly quarter round. Fortunately the crew was able to put our old window back in the hole and caulk it in place. A more detailed measurement was made and the windows were reordered. When the second set of replacement windows arrived, Comfort sent the same installation crew out to do the job. This was good as they were familiar with the issues of fitting the windows into the location at our house. It took them about four hours to complete the job but everything fit this time and they did a great job. We are pleased with the windows and the installation work. I don't know why there was an incorrect or incomplete measurement the first time but at least Comfort made good on their mistake and did eventually get the job completed in a satisfactory manner.

Description of Work
We had two "quarter round" windows replaced. One on either side of a 2 story brick fireplace chimney. The old windows were original to the house (1990) and the wooded frames had rotted. Even though they had been patched in the past, this time it made sense to completely replace them with new windows.

02/21/2017

Deborah G.

They came out in December and did the measuring and estimates. They also showed the different products. The frames of the windows are actually insulated and have a interlocking system that keeps the air from escaping. They actually make these windows themselves. They also have a lifetime warranty. They had to brake my windows out because they were cemented in. They cleaned up well after themselves. For them making the product and sending their own team in did really well as far as price. I would give them higher then an A if I could. I will use them again.

Description of Work
They installed four new windows.

11/18/2016

Marc M.

They did a great job and I would recommend them!

Description of Work
Replaced an existing window from 1957 in the kitchen. It was ready to fall out. They also do doors.

09/14/2016

Colleen B.

Bob, from Comfort Windows came out on 9/2/16 to give me an estimate. He spent a lot of time bashing his competitiors by name. I thought this was unnecessary and unprofessional. He wanted to know who I've already talked to and received estimates from. I told him he didn't need to know that. He told me I was "defensive" and "what's the big deal?" He wrote the estimate on a plain piece of paper. No letterhead, no company form. Just the amounts and double pane cost vs. triple pane costs. He didn't itemize, indicate the size of windows or list the optional features I wanted. I asked him to give me a more formal estimate. He said "sure". Then wrote the same figures in the brochure. Again - no form or itemization at all. Just the amounts of money. He also wanted me to guess how much prior to telling me. It was an uncomfortable experience and I felt this guy was a bully. His estimate was extremely high based on the previous estimate and the one after his. I didn't like or trust this guy. I have signed a contract with someone else. I'm getting better windows and all four replaced for an awesome price! I plan to write a review on it after the windows are installed.

Description of Work
I wanted to replace two or all four (depending on the cost) double hung windows in two bedrooms. Current windows are the original ones and contractor grade. They are completed shot and don't even operate anymore. I have put this project off as long as possible.

02/28/2016

Bob C.

The guys (Bruce and Steve) were very prompt, courteous, and thorough. They arrived on time all 3 days, and did a VERY good job of cleaning up at the end of each day. It was amazing - each window was replaced quickly - they did a great job minimizing the amount of 'hole-in-the wall' time. They encountered a little surprise with the sliding door - had to raise it up a little above the deck to keep water out, and the door was just a little bigger than needed. The installer explained that and explained what he wanted to do -- enlarge the opening by an inch so it would fit. all of the inside trim was left in place! I'd thought it would be more invasive than that, having to re-paint the interiors, etc - not the case! This was the ONLY vendor that responded to a web inquiry! The sales rep, Andrew, was extremely sensitive to our needs, and explained thoroughly the construction of their windows, procedures, etc. Their price wasn't the lowest, but it was definitely money well-spent!

Description of Work
Replaced 12 windows - 11 double-hung and 1 slider, and sliding patio door.

Category replacement windows, sunrooms

09/27/2015

William D.

They came about 15 minutes early. Which I liked. Very friendly and professional. Installed the windows in about an hour faster then expected. Cleaned up after themselves. No mess left behind. We have 4 more windows to replace and we'll go with Comfort Windows. We went with another company to install windows a few months earlier and they were not clean at all. Stood on my toilet and broke it. They're located in Victor.

Description of Work
Installed 3 windows in the bedrooms.

05/07/2015

Darla L.

Comfort was the only place that was able to provide us with a solution on our old house. The original rep that we dealt with was wonderful and helpful. The doors took awhile to come since it was a modified custom size, but once scheduled, the job was done quickly. The crew did an amazing job with the installation. They were there for a total of 2 days because of the scope of the project. They were friendly and knowledgeable. The doors look amazing now, and we are more than pleased! We will call Comfort as soon as we are ready for the next project!

Description of Work
Installed new double front doors and new side door on 1890's Victorian.

01/01/2015

Gina S.

They did a wonderful job. Excellent to work with. We never felt pressured to purchase more than we were looking for in windows. We worked primarily with Peter while we deciding on what we wanted installed. He was very informative and helpful. We decided on Triple pane windows after reviewing all our options. We also interviewed other window providers but decided on Comfort Windows primarily based on the quality of the product, the warranty and the fact they were made in the United States. Since having them installed our RG&E bill has been reduced by $70.00 per month which is a huge savings. I would strongly recommend Comfort Windows and doors to anyone needing to replace their windows. We will need to replace our front door in the near future and will consider having Comfort Windows and Doors do this project for us.

Description of Work
We had all of the windows in our house replace along with a sliding glass door.

12/21/2014

Susan R.

The two gentlemen who provided the service were very knowledgeable, courteous, and professional. We were told to expect them to be working 2 1/2 days at the house, but they finished completely within 2. Upon completion each day, they cleaned up thoroughly. Our home and yard were treated respectfully, and landscaping was not impacted. I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
We had 7 double-hung windows replaced and a bay window changed to a large picture window flanked by 2 double-hung windows. 10 windows total. Additional outside work needed to be done after replacing the bay. All of the windows were energy star from the company's Premier line.

12/03/2014

Kimberly V.

Very professional and prompt. High quality product. I am very pleased with my windows and the service I received.

Description of Work
Installed 8 new windows and a sliding glass door.

11/11/2014

Sandra L.

They were very nice, did a wonderful job and the price was great. The technicians were very polite and the person that came out to give the estimate took the time to explain all the details and was very patient in helping us with the project.

Description of Work
They put new windows in my home.

10/20/2014

Donald K.

We called Comfort Windows and we had a sales person over to house within a week. He explained to us about the differences between the different window models they make, which allowed us to make an educated decision as to the model we ordered. He told us it would take two months for the window to be manufactured and the installers were over in the time we were quoted. The installers, Derrick and John were very professional, as well as their workmanship. The old window was removed and the new one installed in a timely fashion. They advised the steps they were to take when installing the new window, as well as how to operate, clean and maintain the new window. If or when we need another window replaced we will call Custom Widows again.

Description of Work
We had the widow in our kitchen replaced, because one of the windows started leaking, which caused condensation between the two panes.

06/26/2014

Jack S.

They were very good. They were punctual. They did a quality job. I had to negotiate the price on that.

Description of Work
Comfort Windows installed picture windows.

06/21/2014

Donald W.

Comfort Windows replaced 10 windows and a storm door in my residence. They were neat clean and very professional and in 2 days had the job done. When the job was complete the cleaned up the job site and they even repaired 2 screens that were damaged. They went the extra mile on replacing trim that had to be replaced. We are very happy withe the result and waiting to see how effective the windows will be when the next upstate New York winter arrives.

Description of Work
Replaced 10 windows and a storm door in my residence

06/17/2014

Neil S.

We had difficulty scheduling an appointment with Comfort. They prefer (or rather insist) on scheduling estimates only when both the husabnd AND wife can be home and while they offer evening appointments, this certainly can make it more difficult to get a timely appointment. Nonetheless, we were able to work out a time within a week of calling. We were told the wrong brand of door over the phone so the estimate was for a different brand door than we were expecting. The salesman who did the estimate appeared to have a very limited product knowledge -just enough to get through the estimate but no real in-depth product knowledge. They are a little pushy about signing a contract. When asked about the price, I explained that it was higher than expected. The salesperson immediately laid into us about how their products don't compare to those from the big box stores but they are expensive relative to the exact same product from other installers. The estimate from Comfort was 40% more than the same product installed by another large local company. I can't comment on the quality of their work but the process of getting an estimate was a major turnoff.

Description of Work
Estimate for replacement door.

06/03/2014

J Susan G.

Everyone came as contracted, the work was great and the men were gentlemen. They cleaned up after the job was done. and you wouldn't know they had been there except for this beautiful new window.

Description of Work
Comfort Windows put in a new window in our kitchen. Everything went well and when they took off the old window, I was so pleased we went with Comfort. The need was greater than we expected and the work went very well.

05/17/2014

Patricia W.

The installation went smoothly and I have been happy with both windows ever since.

Description of Work
Installed a large kitchen window, replacing two small windows. I own an duplex and they had replaced the windows in the other kitchen the year before.

05/13/2014

Laura P.

Installations were very well done. The installer did quite a bit of work inside and out to get a new kitchen window of a different style in where the existing window sat. Our salesperson, Sandy, was excellent. Based on what we wanted she recommended door types and options to meet our needs, helping us strike a good balance between cost and performance. We had a bad windstorm about 18 months after our purchase. The wind caught our front door and it blew back so hard it pulled away from the frame and wouldn't close. I called their Service number and someone came out that day (a Sunday) and fixed the door for no charge. We were very pleased overall.

Description of Work
Provided and installed energy efficient storm doors and a new kitchen window.

04/29/2014

Gina S.

We met with a representatives from Comfort several times while we were making our decision. They were all very patient and answered each of our questions to our satisfaction. They were all very professional and through. While making our decision we also went to their showroom on Scottsville Road. The showroom was beautiful and helped in making our decision. The quality of the windows and slider was excellent. They cleaned the area up in our home after they completed their work. Everything was neat and clean when they left for the day.

Description of Work
We had all of our doors in our home and 1 french door was replaced with a slider.

04/27/2014

Noelle O.

Great experience. The sales representative was very professional and attentive to ensure I got the type of windows that I wanted. All appointments were made with ease and members of the Comfort windows team arrived at their scheduled time (from the quote, measurements and to the final installation). The installation went well. The two employees that did the work were very courteous and hard-working and there was no disruption to my day. They did a high-quality installation of the windows and cleaned up all the materials and debris.

Description of Work
Comfort installed windows in my personal residence. I had two living room double hung windows next to each other that were replaced with one big slider window. The window in my dining room was warped due to age, Comfort took out window and all existing trim and did a full new replacement. In the kitchen, a non-functioning window was replaced with a standard double hung window.