Comfort Windows

Founded 1979 • With Angi since July 2006

Comfort Windows is Upstate NY's Premier Home Improvement Company. Local experts for windows, doors, bathrooms, basements, insulation, sunrooms, siding and more....

Top Notch Drywall & Plaster

We are a family owned and operated business. Our experience was brought down from 3 generations. We specialize in ceiling and wall repairs including water damage, stress cracks, sagging plaster, Victorian style plaster molding repairs

Todd Jones Custom Construction

General Contractor working in the Rochester metro area for over 25 years. We are fully insured and factory-certified in all major roofing brands.

Stellar Roofing

We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! Specializing in roofing, siding, gutters, and skylights, we guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Offers by Stellar Roofing on Angi

02/12/2021

We were blessed when we bought our home 4 years ago that all the previous homeowners did an amazing job with maintenance and upgrades over the years. The only deficiency was that the home still had its original 30 year old windows. We knew from day one that we needed to replace them sooner than later. We saved up and finally called highly-recommended Comfort Windows last August. Our salesperson, D...

Description of Work
Total window replacement (20) on a Colonial

Category replacement windows

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for leaving such a great, detailed review and mentioning how we did during every step of the process! The team here at Comfort Windows & Doors is thrilled to hear such good feedback! Paul and [Member Name Removed] are great examples of how much our crews care about going above and beyond to make sure you are thrilled with your new windows. We work hard ever...

12/12/2019

They are really good. We rely on them. They are very helpful. We've used them many many years. We like them.

Description of Work
They did windows and doors for us.

Category replacement windows,doors

[Member Name Removed] thank you so much for the feedback! Team Comfort

02/15/2019

The crew who installed my doors were highly skilled, friendly, courteous, on-time, and knowledgeable. They went above and beyond with the installation, taking care to details. They had to do quite a bit of work to get my doors to fit and their work was masterful. I had some challenges with scheduling the estimate but given my prior positive experience I kept calling until it got worked out.

Description of Work
Install new front and side doors

Category doors

06/19/2018

Old came out. New went in. No problems

Description of Work
2nd floor window replacement

12/15/2017

Have used comfort windows for many years; always 100%+ satisfied!

Description of Work
Had replacement windows installed

10/07/2017

I had several estimates but the sales person from Comfort seemed to be a bit more "on the ball" than representatives from other companies and he offered a price match that made the choice of Comfort Windows a no brainer. I signed up and paid a deposit and a few days later a person showed up to do the detail measuring. Since this was a special order, we knew it would take 5-6 weeks for the windows to be built. When the windows were available Comfort called and we set a day for the work to be done. The installation crew showed up on time and were very professional. They removed one of the old windows and found that the new windows simply would not fit the opening. Apparently our "quarter round" windows weren't exactly quarter round. They were slightly "squished" on the round part and the new, replacement windows were built exactly quarter round. Fortunately the crew was able to put our old window back in the hole and caulk it in place. A more detailed measurement was made and the windows were reordered. When the second set of replacement windows arrived, Comfort sent the same installation crew out to do the job. This was good as they were familiar with the issues of fitting the windows into the location at our house. It took them about four hours to complete the job but everything fit this time and they did a great job. We are pleased with the windows and the installation work. I don't know why there was an incorrect or incomplete measurement the first time but at least Comfort made good on their mistake and did eventually get the job completed in a satisfactory manner.

Description of Work
We had two "quarter round" windows replaced. One on either side of a 2 story brick fireplace chimney. The old windows were original to the house (1990) and the wooded frames had rotted. Even though they had been patched in the past, this time it made sense to completely replace them with new windows.

02/21/2017

They came out in December and did the measuring and estimates. They also showed the different products. The frames of the windows are actually insulated and have a interlocking system that keeps the air from escaping. They actually make these windows themselves. They also have a lifetime warranty. They had to brake my windows out because they were cemented in. They cleaned up well after themselves. For them making the product and sending their own team in did really well as far as price. I would give them higher then an A if I could. I will use them again.

Description of Work
They installed four new windows.

11/18/2016

They did a great job and I would recommend them!

Description of Work
Replaced an existing window from 1957 in the kitchen. It was ready to fall out. They also do doors.

09/14/2016

Bob, from Comfort Windows came out on 9/2/16 to give me an estimate. He spent a lot of time bashing his competitiors by name. I thought this was unnecessary and unprofessional. He wanted to know who I've already talked to and received estimates from. I told him he didn't need to know that. He told me I was "defensive" and "what's the big deal?" He wrote the estimate on a plain piece of paper. No letterhead, no company form. Just the amounts and double pane cost vs. triple pane costs. He didn't itemize, indicate the size of windows or list the optional features I wanted. I asked him to give me a more formal estimate. He said "sure". Then wrote the same figures in the brochure. Again - no form or itemization at all. Just the amounts of money. He also wanted me to guess how much prior to telling me. It was an uncomfortable experience and I felt this guy was a bully. His estimate was extremely high based on the previous estimate and the one after his. I didn't like or trust this guy. I have signed a contract with someone else. I'm getting better windows and all four replaced for an awesome price! I plan to write a review on it after the windows are installed.

Description of Work
I wanted to replace two or all four (depending on the cost) double hung windows in two bedrooms. Current windows are the original ones and contractor grade. They are completed shot and don't even operate anymore. I have put this project off as long as possible.

02/28/2016

The guys (Bruce and Steve) were very prompt, courteous, and thorough. They arrived on time all 3 days, and did a VERY good job of cleaning up at the end of each day. It was amazing - each window was replaced quickly - they did a great job minimizing the amount of 'hole-in-the wall' time. They encountered a little surprise with the sliding door - had to raise it up a little above the deck to keep water out, and the door was just a little bigger than needed. The installer explained that and explained what he wanted to do -- enlarge the opening by an inch so it would fit. all of the inside trim was left in place! I'd thought it would be more invasive than that, having to re-paint the interiors, etc - not the case! This was the ONLY vendor that responded to a web inquiry! The sales rep, Andrew, was extremely sensitive to our needs, and explained thoroughly the construction of their windows, procedures, etc. Their price wasn't the lowest, but it was definitely money well-spent!

Description of Work
Replaced 12 windows - 11 double-hung and 1 slider, and sliding patio door.

Category window installer","patio builder

Windows manufacturing, double hung, sliders, bay & bow, casement, awning, entry doors, storm doors, sliding glass doors, patio doors, garage doors, interior door, siding, sunrooms, basement remodeling, bathroom remodeling, insulation, decking, roofing, and retractable awnings.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available