Anderson Water Systems Inc

Founded 1994 • With Angi since February 2008

3.4

79 Saginaw Dr

Rochester, NY 14623

Our mission is to provide our customers with not only better water but the best! We offer free water testing by mail or in the comfort of your own home. We believe if you have never had your water tested, how do you know what is in it? Remember, just because it is clear, does not mean it is clean!

05/12/2022

Kerry M.

Falsely advertised their "lifetime warranty." Would not correct this or provide any compensation. Manager provided disrespectful customer service. Would NOT ever use again.

Description of Work
New Water treatment system, Service Calls

05/05/2022

Brian K.

Anderson Water Systems unfortunately attempts to scam customers into buying expensive water treatment systems. They bring a large briefcase with chemicals in it and attempt to scare people into thinking their water has deadly chemicals in it by doing a bunch of "tests". The same lines Anderson uses, and the whole scam, can be seen in this video from the CBC from a company in Canada doing the same "trick": [*** Link removed ***]

Description of Work
Water test

09/26/2017

Karen F.

Horribly! They didn’t drain my refrigerator properly causing me to have no water from the fridge for 3 months as I paid a series of “experts” to come look at it, when they removed the water system, they over torqued the main water pipe causing a very slow leak in the basement. Finally, the first time the power went out in my house, the back-up ( brand new) generator didn’t engage. It was didducult working with them through these crises as they would accept the blame. I had to go to small claims court to be granted a judgement for reimbursement for the repairs I had to pay for. They didn’t even show up in court!

Description of Work
Water system and back up generator

Category electrician, plumbing, water softeners

06/24/2017

Karen F.

Water system...went poorly...they broke the refrigerator and I was unable to get water from it for 6 months. They didn’t seem to care or try to assist. The “soft” water was horrible and soap would not rinse off, clothes became dingy, showers were like showering in grease. When they removed the soft water salt system, they over torqued the pipe and I had a flooded basement. I did not discover this until the backup generator failed on the first time power went out! To spare some of the water money, I had Anderson install a backup generator. It didn’t work with the first power outage and they charged me $145 but by the time they arrived my family had already “fixed” it. I will have to hire an electric company to rewire the system as Anderson did not install properly. Pictures of the broken refrigerator and plumbing parts are pictured below.

Description of Work
Water system and back-up generator.

Category electrician, plumbing, water softeners, generator service

02/17/2015

Valerie D.

Very professional, very concerned about customer service. They went above and beyond for us. I would recommend them in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
We had a new tankless water heating system installed

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

07/08/2014

Charles K.

Description of Work
Changed the media in our water system. |It went fine.

Category plumbing

06/27/2014

scott T.

Description of Work
Yearly maintenance on generator and water system.

Category plumbing, water heater repair, generator service

05/14/2014

Wade L.

Description of Work
I had them out to check out my water because a free mail-in test said it was extremely hard and full of chlorine. They came out and ran more tests, finding it was extremely hard and full of chlorine; and quoted on a system to fix that. As long as they were here they quoted on a standby generator. |I called the town and they told me the water was pretty soft and contained the minimum state requirement for chlorine as they used UV for disinfecting. |Anderson apologized for the error, his chemicals were expired. |I don't know if it was a foolish error or deceit, but either way it was unprofessional. | |I had them put the generator in, as it was great price. They installed it properly and I am happy with that. | |However, they wanted to leave the 30 weight oil in it over the winter, despite the manufacturers requirement to change to 5w30. |

06/02/2013

Donald S.

Called Anderson as our old system quit. They sent a salesman who found a leak in the tank and declared that the 10 year old system could not be repaired and then he sold us the new "lifetime" guaranteed system.

Description of Work
Replaced soft water system and added system to purifying drinking water.

04/15/2013

John G.

Description of Work
The Anderson Water salesman was a tour de force. Very likable and informative. However, we felt a bit overwhelmed and pressured. Our water was okay but would get an iron and/or sulphur taste at times. We also live in a rural area where manure is often spread so water quality is of concern. We wanted to be fairly sure approaching retirement that our well water was safe. As fast and powerful the salesman was the installer was assuringly competent and down to earth. The under sink reverse osmosis system provide good water and the sulphur elimination tank is hopefully working. That is a seasonal problem and we have not had the unit in long enough to conclusively evaluate its effectiveness. My wife claims her hair is softer. I don't have enough to give an opinion. The installer also carted away our old worn out unit. If you may invite this particular installer make sure you have some extra lunch meat. It's worth it. He's a good worker and nice guy too.

Category electrician, plumbing, water softeners, wells

04/01/2013

John B.

Service went very professionally. Price was competitive, crew arrived as agreed on, very helpful installers. Completely cleaned up all areas and explained the system and checks clearly and fully. Very happy with the service.

Description of Work
Installed automatic back-up generator

03/05/2013

Donna J M.

Every year, we would buy an insurance plan with them. With this plan, we would receive a discount on any work. We never received a bill from them for the renewal of the plan. I followed up with them and asked to be put back on this plan and they said I could not. We had been with them for 7 years prior and our water filtering system was purchased from them. I emailed the owner who said she would not re-instate us. I would not recommend anyone to this company.

Description of Work
We purchased a water filtering system and insurance plan on the system.

Category water delivery

11/03/2012

morton S.

did not do the job

Description of Work
We called for an estimate to buy and install a propane generator. The sales director came to give us an estimate. He told us that his company had purchased 200 brand new Eaton generators cost $ 600,000 , and 100 were already sold, We should purchase one today before they are all gone . He had 20 more appointments that day. When we told him the price was a little high, could he do a little better he said that they had a brand new display model for a $1000 off, but we must buy it wihile he was here. We told him we wanted to think about it. He then said if we really wanted a great deal, he had a slightly used model at there showroom 3 months old for another $500 off, but we must buy it now. Sounded like a scam to us. We told him we still had to think about it. He was very smooth, When it sounds too good to be true it usually is!!!!!!

10/15/2012

Robert A.

Very professional. Cleanup not good, but they stated till 7PM to finish big job in one day.

Description of Work
Backup generator system.

12/29/2011

Lynn D.

This company has been doing the maintenance on my Briggs & Stratton generator for about five years. When I bought the house, I simply continued to pay the service agreement fee and have it serviced. What I did not realize is that Anderson Power is no longer an authorized service center and I believe my experience this year is a result of their lack of training. My generator failed to respond one day and after talking to Anderson and Briggs & Stratton, it was determined that the majority of the time the reason is because of failed capacitors and in rare cases it is a failed alternator. It took over a month for Anderson to schedule a repair and yearly maintenance visit. Once the technician arrived, he installed the capacitors and informed me that he saw a spark and heard a pop sound. The bad news - it looked like the alternator was the problem. No maintenance was performed because the generator did not work. I requested an written estimate for repair and was told that the generator would have to be taken into the shop and with parts/labor the cost was about 2K. I told him I was going to call the company even if the generator was out of warranty because the alternators usually don't fail and see what kind of assistance I could get. Once I contacted the company, I was told I would have to deal with an authorized service center to diagnose the problem. It turns out that Anderson Power is not one of these centers. Personally, I was a bit upset because they should notify their customers if they are not staying current with training. I called one of the service centers who came out an performed the diagnosis on site - I did not have to pay for the generator to go into their shop. It turns out that Anderson Power failed to wire in the capacitors correctly. I asked him to take a picture of it. The authorized technician also found that the oil pressure switch was not replaced as a warranty item from service bulletin dated 12/07, most likely because Anderson Power did not receive the information because they are not a service center. When I contacted Anderson Power on 12/23 and asked to speak to the owner, I was turned over to the technician who came out to perform the service. I told him what had happened and he said that he wired everything properly and that the authorized technician must have done something wrong. I told him: When you left, the generator was not working and you told me I needed a new alternator. When this technician came, within a few minutes the generator was working. Those are the facts. I told him I did not plan to pay for service that was done improperly. I asked the technician to have the owner call me and when I could expect a return call. He told me he doesn't know and that the owner is a busy man. Too busy to talk to a dissatisfied customer, I said. He told me yes, that I would have to wait until the owner got back to me on the long list of people he had to return calls to. Guess what. I didn't wait to get this corrected because it was obvious that the customer is not important. I stopped payment on the check. It is 12/29 and I still have not received a call from the owner.

Description of Work
Generator repair - replace capacitors and conduct maintenance.

10/27/2011

Sarah K.

The gentleman was a very good salesman. Very nice, polite, peronsalable but professional and very knowledgable. After they left my house i staeted to doing some reseach and found out that Anderson has alot of complaints that were filed with the BBB. Also, Anderson does not sell their own products which you have to watch out for. So if you buy something from Anderson, your not garaunteed it will be repaired if it every break 5-6 years down the road cause they may not be selling and housing your unit anymore. I spoke with Culligan, another compayn that offers the same services and similar products for much cheaper and they're their own products. Culligan products. So if you ever have anything go wrong at any time, they'll always have the parts to fix it.

Description of Work
Everything. He showed me how dirty my water was, showed me how everything works currently in my house and if they came to install the products we were discussing how they would do it, what they would use and how it would work. also talked about the health effect of getting the water filtration system and the advantage if it. very good stuff

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water softeners

08/28/2011

Amy G.

Removed my old water heater and placed a tankless water heater without any concerns. Took approx 8 hours to install, they were very clean and professional.

Description of Work
Placed a Tankless water heater

Category water heater repair

01/14/2011

Elizabeth M.

We have a yearly contract with them and they come every year. I will be scheduling another appointment. We pay a yearly fee to them. Of the people that we had here, they were the best price for what we considered was a good generator. It is the generator that goes on if our power goes out. They come and they check it to make sure that nothing is wrong with it. If there is anything wrong with it, like there was a small expense having it repaired this summer, they make sure it is operational. That was one of the reasons why we went with them. I know the amount we spend is a lot of money. However, when you put $5000.00 into something, you don't want it to break. We get significant cold and snow that will cause power outages, so my power goes out at least four times a year. We live in an older area and everything is above ground. If there is ice on the wires or whatever, it goes out. When it goes out, within about one minute later the generator turns on so I don't lose my heat, my basement can't flood, and I have lights. I don't have everything because they can't hook up the entire house. We have to pick what we want running. The refrigerator and the freezer are running. The sump pump is running so there can't be anything there and no water in the basement and the significant thing is the heat. It's really sort of sad because we have our lights on and everybody else is dark. We live in a court. I have had people stay over with me. My son's fish don't die, the bird stays healthy and all is fine. When they make an appointment, they come on that day itself and at the time they say they are coming. I have had people cancel on me at the last minute. Now I am retired, but I was working up until November and it was frustrating. They are not actually based in the Buffalo area. His office is in Rochester, but he services this area with generators and water softeners. Rochester is only an hour away. It's not that far and this is a bigger area than Rochester is.

Description of Work
Anderson Water Systems came out and checked the generator they had put in about five years ago.

04/05/2010

Terry A.

Do not deal with Anderson Power/Water Systems; Awful company. Don't know what they are doing !

Description of Work
Home Emergency Generator - Installed at night in the dark; didn't work from the start; had to be replaced, Anderson Power refused to answer calls for service. Employees didn't know what they were doing. Gas service to generator installed incorrectly. Regional distributer pulled contract from Anderson Power and refused to let them install generators. Reported Anderson to the New York State Attorney Generals office where it is in litigation. Stay away from Anderson Power/Water Systems !!!!!

09/17/2008

Roy W.

This was a very positive experience. This company was more informed on the products than the other companies I talked with. The set-up ran like clockwork. They dealt with the power companies so I didn't have to bother with them. I have a good Life Time Warranty with them.

Description of Work
I bought a whole house generator from this company. They installed the generator and set it up. `

09/12/2008

Mark M.

I was very pleased with them. They were very prompt and as far as the price, I guess it was about average. They were very professional and good about explaining things. I was on the phone with them a lot and they were very helpful. They back up their products, so if it brakes down they will come out and fix it.

Description of Work
They installed the gas lines and did all the electrical work to hook it up, and and an existing home generator.

02/21/2008

Elizabeth M.

Were very happy with the installation because immediately when the power goes out, the generator turns on and the problem is solved. It was the lowest bid we had so we took it and actually were very happy with the company's efforts. We bought the generator and had it installed for a great price. They offer a great yearly service plan too.

Description of Work
We've been having some blackouts in the last couple of months so we bought this electricity generator from Anderson Water Systems. It runs on gas and it gives electricity to around 10 rooms in my home. They came and installed it, too.

07/02/2007

Elizabeth M.

Were very happy with the installation because immediately when the power goes out. The generator turns on and the problem is solved. It was the lowest bid we had so we took it and actually were very happy with the company's efforts. We bought the generator and had it installed for a great price. They offer a great yearly service plan too.

08/21/2006

Anderson Water Systems knew what they were doing. They gave me a price before performing the work and they stuck to it. They cleaned up after themselves. I found them to be very pleasant.

Description of Work
Anderson Water Systems replaced a routine part on my water softener. There is a part in the motor that runs it and it has to be replaced every two years.

08/07/2006

The type of generator needed depends on the size of the house. Anderson Water Systems provided excellent guidance to make sure that I got what I needed. It is a high-quality product, and the installation was excellent. I feel more secure in my home now.

Description of Work
Anderson Water Systems installed a portable generator for my eight-room, two-story house. It would provide electricity for the house in case of a power outage.

Wise Home Energy LLC

BPI Accredited Contractor with experienced staff offering the best in energy efficiency assessments and upgrades.

Watercure USA

We have been doing Residential and Business water treatment since 1986. We can service almost all treatment equipment. Upon completion of a thorough water analysis, at no charge to the customer, WaterCure USA will select, install and maintain the highest quality water purification and filtration system available. You are assured of purity, quality and dependability. Drinking water filters, shower filters and whole house filters for residential and commercial properties are our specialty!

Crossfield Heating & Air Conditioning

Since 1993, the Crossfield Team has been committed to 100% customer satisfaction while providing and maintaining comfortable, energy-efficient home environments for our customers in Monroe, Wayne and Ontario Counties.To us, "100% Customer Satisfaction" aren't just words - it is the result of a customer-focused approach backed by honesty, integrity, attention-to-detail and team member training. It has led to our continuous growth, and allows Crossfield to provide a Lifetime Craftsmanship Warranty, Award winning, quality-driven and reliable products that are backed by 24-hour customer service every day of the year. Please see our Energy Auditing website for additional details: http://crossfieldhomeenergy.com/

2022 Super Service Award

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Anderson Water is a family owned business serving New York State with the highest quality water filtration equipment available in the industry and our warranty will prove it! Drinking water systems, reverse osmosis systems, water conditioners, coolers, heaters, tankless water heaters & standby generators.