Bay Carpet

Founded 1983 • With Angi since March 2010

65-04 Myrtle Ave

Ridgewood, NY 11385

Bay Carpet & Flooring has been in business for 28 years and has a free shop-at-home service covering the entire metro area. We offer day, evening, and weekend appointments - to have samples brought to your home and have your floors measured, at no charge. Check our website (baycarpet.com) for special discounts. Additional service areas: Midtown, Nassau, Rockland, Staten, Suffolk, Union, Upper Manhattan & Westchester Counties....

carpet installation (106)flooring (55)hardwood floors (5)woodworking (3)tile installation (3)window treatment (2)floor cleaning (1)

04/20/2022

Jesse W.

They did a wonderful job and they are listed as the top for carpet company. I recommend them highly, they cleaned up everything after the installation. We are very happy with the work that they did.

Description of Work
Carpet installation.

Work Completed On 02/20/2022

11/18/2020

kyle L.

We are a Funeral Home in New Jersey. We needed to replace the entire carpet in the building and these guys were phenomenal! They did an Excellent job. It’s a great team that knows what they are doing and I will hire them again if needed. I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Replace old existing carpet

Work Completed On 11/10/2020

10/12/2020

HOWARD S.

We went to another carpet place originally who told us the carpet we wanted would take over 3 weeks to be shipped. Mark from Bay carpet came to our house(wearing a mask of course)and was able to get and install the same carpet in a week. Their price was $100 less than our original quote, They also re-stretched a carpet in another room that was not installed properly. They came on time, were very neat and did a great job. Highly recommend

Description of Work
Install carpet in bedroom

Category carpet installation, woodworking

Work Completed On 10/05/2020

12/02/2019

Jo-Ann F.

Very good. One guy and did a very good job. In and out service

Description of Work
Carpet installation

Work Completed On 09/24/2019

10/02/2019

A M.

Absolutely fantastic job done by everyone -- Mark the sales rep and Patricio, the installer, and his co-worker to Joan in the front office. We plan on calling Bay Carpet for all of our needs going forward. We are incredibly happy with the work that was done.

Description of Work
Removing and installing carpeting

Work Completed On 10/02/2019

07/07/2019

Janet E.

Very good. These guys were very efficient.

Description of Work
Carpet installation

Work Completed On 06/30/2019

11/30/2018

CATHERINE B.

Even though we had a very small job (a new runner for the foyer stairs), Bay Carpet treated us like an important customer. Professional, prompt, good work, and a good price. We had an estimate from another company that was 20% higher for the same job. We were extremely happy with Bay Carpet.

Description of Work
New stair runner

Work Completed On 11/01/2018

10/14/2018

angela G.

My consultant was very professional and easy to talk to.

Description of Work
Lay down new carpet in my attic

Work Completed On 08/31/2018

09/03/2018

Maureen D.

The salesman noted the several heavy pieces of furniture in the rooms that installers would move. The installers were supposed to arrive at 10:00 am; however, they did not arrive until after 12:30 pm. From the moment the two installers arrived, the one in charge began to complain about the scope of the job and said they would not be able to finish until the next day. I told them this was unacceptable since I had waited five weeks for the carpet to come in and had taken the day off from work. They proceeded to do the work and did work hard but the one in charge repeatedly complained about how much work had to be done. Only one workman actually did the installation; the other did mostly grunt work. Unprofessional.

Description of Work
Remove old carpet and padding; install new padding and carpet in living room, bedroom, hallways, and dining alcove

Work Completed On 08/31/2018

In response to [Member Name Removed] s Review. First of all, we give our customer's an approximate time of arrival. Due to an accident on the Whitestone Bridge, the installers ran slightly late to the job. Anyone who drives in NYC knows it is difficult. Second, we do not manufacture carpet - we had to wait for her carpet from the Mill - it was not In-Stock when [Member Name Removed] placed the order. I believe it was unfair for the customer to criticize Bay Carpet for somethng that is out of our control. It was a 98 degree day, and it was a tough job to do. They had to move (3) dressers, (1) desk, beds, (4) large cabinets, (3) end tables and other furniture. This job was loaded. I understand the customer is impatient, we get it; but you cannot rush a flooring job. We had to move all the furniture back in place. Then take down all the garbage to the dumpster in the basement. To call the installer a grunt is unacceptable. She got a great price / a good carpet / amazing work / and overall, a great value. The men were professional, they worked hard, they cleaned up + vacuumed. The customer gave them a tip of $20 and they left. We believe the customer's complaint was unjustified. Bay Carpet has a great reputation and is a great company with great hard-working people. Karl Lifavi President

05/09/2018

SUSAN L.

The installer arrived on time. The installation went smoothly. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Purchase and installation of wall-to wall carpet in living room and bedroom

Work Completed On 04/09/2018

12/26/2017

george R.

They arrived as described and did the job quickly and well.

Description of Work
Replace or repair three floors

Category flooring contractor

Work Completed On 12/22/2017

10/15/2017

Jacqueline J.

Went well. The guys did a great job and it was over in a day.

Description of Work
Remove old carpet and replace n living dining and upper an lower hallways.

Work Completed On 08/29/2017

Review for Bay Carpet - 65-04 Myrtle Ave, Ridgewood, NY - 36416972

09/19/2017

Josef W.

The sales-rep came first withsamples and helped us chose the carpet we liked. The price he quoted was somewhat high and we said we would have to think about it at which point he lowered it by $300 since we came through Angie's. I wanted to check in other places to compare prices. I checked with three more places and the average quote was about $200 cheaper. However, I was more impressed by Bay Carpet professionalism. I calendar the rep and told him they can have the job if they come down another $200. He agreed and I hired them. The two carpet layers came nand did a great job, all in less than five hours. I am very happy with the results. They sure will have my business again.

Description of Work
I needed new wall to wall carpeting in two bedrooms

Work Completed On 08/28/2017

08/23/2017

Drew S.

Fine. I wish I could have used a thicker under pad but was told the one they were using was the thickest

Description of Work
Carpet Installation

Work Completed On 07/05/2016

08/07/2017

Sheila M.

While half of the job was done and completed well, we waited 6-8 weeks for them to tell us that the carpet that we ordered for the remainder of the job was unavailable. Then, after selecting a second carpet, we waited several weeks for them to tell us that the carpet selected was yet again, unavailable. After several selections and months, we were told that none of the carpet that we wanted was available for the price quoted, so they refunded the money that we had paid up front and never completed the job. We waited 4 MONTHS to have the job not completed. VERY disappointing!!

Description of Work
We had hired Bay Carpet to install carpet for our home.

Work Completed On 08/17/2016

07/29/2017

sean B.

This was my third time working with Bay Carpet, and they were able to accommodate my rush job. I called Friday to inquire about having a room of carpet replaced in time for a Sunday open house. BayCarpet had some one over to my house in an hour to take measurements and review options. The team came Saturday morning and completed the job quickly. We're moving, but will definitely use BayCarpet in our new house when the need arises.

Description of Work
I needed a soiled carpet replaced rapidly in time for my open house.

Work Completed On 07/08/2017

07/07/2017

sean B.

This was my second time using Bay Carpet. Al showed up the same day that I called to take measurements and help me pick materials, and his team came the next day to install. The installation team did a great job and were very courteous.

Description of Work
Stair carpeting.

Work Completed On 06/26/2017

Review for Bay Carpet - 65-04 Myrtle Ave, Ridgewood, NY - 35443582

11/29/2016

Esther P.

I had a fine experience with them. They did a great job. Price was fine. They probably came right away. I would definitely use them in the future.

Work Completed On 04/20/2016

11/21/2016

paul C.

Installer arrived within appointment scheduled. Was polite, skilled and result was excellent

Description of Work
Removal of existing rug and installation of new rug

Work Completed On 11/21/2016

11/15/2016

Mary F.

This is the second time using Bay Carpet. They are efficient. They work quickly and neatly. They cleaned up after themselves and placed the remnants were we asked them to place it. I specifically asked for the same installers, Alex and Henry, since they did an excellent work. I will definitely hire them again for my next project. Thank you for your service.

Description of Work
Had laminate floors installed in a studio apartment.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Work Completed On 10/25/2016

11/09/2016

michael K.

The 2 gentlemen who arrived to install were professional and kept me informed throughout ensuring I was pleased with the work. The floors look great. They cleared out the old carpet and neatly placed it on the side of the house for removal. I would highly recommend bay carpet for any flooring needs and would definitely use them in the future.

Description of Work
Laminate flooring for 3 rooms. Installation.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 11/08/2016

10/31/2016

DAVID K.

It was excellent. They were great. The guy came to first check up our location and he was on time. He was really professional and helpful in providing good information and the installation was perfect.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for Bay Carpet for $399 for 180 Square Feet of Berber Carpet Including Pad and Installation.

Work Completed On 06/20/2016