Olympic Fence

Founded 1977 • With Angi since January 2010

100-35 Atlantic Ave

Richmond Hill, NY 11418

Family owned and operated usiness for over 39 years. Jobs are never sub-contracted always done by experienced Olympic fabricators and installers. No job is to big or small. We treat customers with the upmost respect and give the highest quality material. Always an excellent rating in consumer affairs....

07/06/2017

Cynthia W.

They took old fence down and replaced with white picket fence. They worked all day, 8 am or so til after 6, but got the job done. Cleaned up after themselves. We love the fence and have received many compliments.

Description of Work
Replace old chain link fence.

Category fencing

We try our best. Thank you .

01/03/2017

Sandra M.

The service was excellent as well as the quality of the materials.

Description of Work
Had an old driveway fence removed and a new one installed.

12/10/2016

Tommy K.

The job went smoothly except for a small snafu with the installation of the latches for the privacy doors but it was remedied very quickly. The crew stayed extra hours to meet the 2 day deadline with a week after follow up to check on cement setting and gate adjustments.

Description of Work
picket fence and privacy fence, 3 double door entrances, 2 privacy door entrances

09/17/2016

helen P.

Excellent! Work was done in a efficient manner and done quickly. The finished product was everything I expected.

Description of Work
Privacy fence in backyard

06/16/2016

Kazi A.

I called Olympic fence to set up an appointment, and told them that my sister will be home the day they are available to come. I had provided her name and number to the receptionist and she said that they will call her before they arrive. On the day of the appoinment I get a call from field estimate guy to my cell phone asking for my sister, so I clarified with the guy and he told me he will be there in 15-20 mins. After 40 mins I call my sister and she told me no one came by, so I decided to call the guy back. When he picks up, I asked when will he be there and he says he left the house. When I asked him to clarify all he kept saying was "there was no one there and I left". He literally expected someone to be standing out there waiting for him. Usually when you come to someones house for an appointment you call them or ring their bell, this guy went there didnt see anyone outside and just left. As I tried to explain this common courtesy practice, he repeated himself again " I left the house, you need to reschedule". Not sure if he likes driving places for no reason, or just lacks basic professional skills but clearly will not be doing buisness with them. Based on some of thier previous reviews, this seems like a common trend with them, they might provide good fencing work but they lack basic customer relation skills. Good job Olympic Fence you lost a potential 4-7k job, as well as any future referals.

Description of Work
Failed to be professional, courteous, and provide an estimate.

Category fencing,driveway gates

We called the phone number of the sister and rang door bell when arrived with no answer on either. Maybe we had the wrong phone number but no one answered the front door. What would you like us to do and what was the big deal to reschedule. It doesn't make any sense that you knew our actions at your house without being there. We never pull up to house and leave. Common trend is when people say they are home when they are not or when they do not answer. We are sorry this happened as issues happen on both sides of story. Common trend is that we do great work with great service if a problem ever comes up. What was the big deal to reschedule?

05/11/2016

Patricia K.

There is no discount on the job unless you spend over $1,000. They appeared that they were not even interested in doing my job. I did not appreciate the way I was treated. They say "no job is too small", and apparently mine was. They give you a price and then if you decide to use them then they will come out and survey the job.

Description of Work
Basically they did not come to the house to survey the job.

Category fencing

This was a telephone conversation that went fine for the repair of two gate panels. We gave her a price on the phone and she said she would check with her neighbor. That's how it was left off. We don't need to see small basic jobs like that. The price we quoted was $650. Seems like she was upset because we do not accept discount on less than 1000 dollars. We are very busy and a lot of customers do not want to pay hundreds of dollars on small jobs. We try to speed the process on the phone. We do not charge to come down to your home. It seems like this person didn't like the price to begin with and like to give bad reviews to people who do not comply with her beg and call.

12/20/2015

julie M.

We got an estimate quickly and Vicky (Mike's wife, who answers the phones) was patient with answering all my questions. After receiving my deposit check, I was given an estimated timeline by Mike's wife of "a couple weeks," which I didn't like, but I heard from him directly a couple of days later to schedule our installation. Mike himself didn't show or supervise, which I didn't love, but his team did a pretty good job. There were a few inconsistencies with height/slant on the fence but that was primarily due to our backyard being uneven, so I think they did the best they could, and they were responsive to questions and requests during the installation. On such a big/expensive job I would have liked to have Mike at least come by and see the finished product, but otherwise we had a positive experience. They were one of the lower estimates we got for the job and they really seemed to know what they were doing.

Description of Work
Removed ~104' of old wood fence, installed ~104' of vinyl/PVC fence.

10/26/2015

Margaret M D.

Estimate was professional and Mike, Jr. instilled confidence that he was experienced and efficient. Men arrived on time and proceeded to dismantle old fence, clean shrubbery that interfered with the area and installed the new fence with care. I was pleased with the work and the materials. A job well done.

Description of Work
Supplied and installed chain link fence along 21 feet border.

Category fencing

We always try our best. I told her we could get it done before a certain date and we did. Thanks again for the business.

10/21/2015

Eugenia H.

Poor fence style. Slovenly work. Left hidden mess. Needed supervision. Workers were either inexperienced or had been taught poor habits.. Olympic made aesthetic decisions that were not their call to make. They did not inform me that the fence would be incomplete. Here are the problems with installation: 1. I had to point out that one fence segment was a half inch lower. They cheerfully readjusted. But would have been just as happy leaving sloppy carpentry. I also had to catch them from nailing the fencing in front of the posts, which looked crappy and ate up space. I had to show them our other fence where the fencing was flush with the posts. They readjusted, tho the spacing between fence and post is uneven. Perfect on one side, a small gap on the other. This may be acceptable in fences, I don't know. 2. After they left, I was shocked to find they had gone into my back garden and dumped MOUNDS of dirt directly against our Maple Tree and against our Cedar Tree. There were SIX BUCKETS of dirt against the Maple tree alone! Everyone knows that you do not pile dirt up against a tree. And if they'd spread it out, it would have destroyed the ground moss. They also piled up dirt against our Fir Tree, and dumped it over the little rock garden in the bamboo. The home office said "they always do this." Really? They don't ask the homeowner's permission to carry heaps of dirt into the garden area and dump it against the trees? 3. Left pools of sand and cement around the fence area. This was away from the fence posts. Cement infused soil was spread over the roots of butterfly bushes. Hard cement directly up against the fence. 4. We selected the lattice fence. We were NOT told that the top is unfinished, and you can see ugly perforations from the top. I've never seen a lattice fence without top rail finishing. It looks ok when viewed at ground level, but our windows are elevated over where we can see the holes clearly. 5. I just noticed that they missed the property line, so that we lost several inches. There was a clear painted line and they were told to start the post exactly there, not several inches in. This is a small garden strip. Losing even a few inches was a significant loss. 6. The lattice facing is below ground level, down in in the dirt, with concrete globs slopped up against it at intervals. This is not only unattractive, but the facing will quickly rot. Also, it would be impossible to do a clean paint job. All the lattice fences in our area are at least one inch above the ground. 7. The posts have a green tint. They do not match the fence.. This means that the fence will not weather uniformly. Olympic will say "just paint it." Really? Wwen the bottom of the decorative fence part is buried in dirt and cement. It should have been raised an inch above ground level to prevent rotting. Not pushed down into the dirt. To summarize: this fence looks like a cheap DIY. The lattice wood colors don't match the posts, there is no finishing rail, there are unsightly cement globs on the ground around the fence area, and the facing is going to quickly rot because it was installed down in the dirt, instead of above. I would like to replace this fence. Unfortunately, the neighbor situation prevents our doing anything except covering up this one up with foliage. My response to their response below: 1. They complain that I changed my mind 4 times. This is because their clueless receptionist gave me INCORRECT INFORMATION, and insisted that the lattice fence we wanted, was fragile. Later, the salesman corrected her misinformation. Two weeks after we put down our deposit, they STILL had not submitted our order, so we decided to go with a 6 foot lattice,. They had not submitted our order, so why was this a major problem? 2. The fence is the exact illustration in the brochure. But that illustration DOES NOT show the fence from above. This would reveal that it is missing the top finishing board that EVERY LATTICE FENCE I have ever seen has. And as I stated, viewed from our window, we see unsightly holes because the fence is not complete. SINCE THIS LATTICE FENCE IS DIFFERENT FROM ALL OTHER LATTICE FENCES, SHOULDN'T OUR OUR KNOWLEDGEABLE COMPANY HAVE POINTED OUT THAT IT DID NOT COME FINISHED? I have PHOTOS of the MESS they left all over the side yard, and across the patio into our moss and rock garden.

Description of Work
installed fence

Category fencing

Thank you for my first F on Angie's List. I would not recommend anyone listening to this customer. First if price was a D, why did we go on contract and why did I get paid. This customer changed her mind 4 different times after being put on contract the first time. Responsive an F but Punctuality an A, again makes no sense. We always called her back the same day when called the office. Quality an F? This wood fence was the final style she chose and that's what we gave her, the exact picture in the brochure. If she wanted a top piece I would have charged her a little more and would have gladly installed it . Spacing of post ? This is wood. We never and no one customizes evenly. It was made a bid deal about putting post behind or in line of fence. All customers want things differently that's why we need the homeowner home on installation day. Again not a gig issue. Making an issue for the cement around post and dirt near fence,,, I passed the job and everything was fine, no issue with cement and fence was straight. Customer called me up and said I might have killed her flowers and trees because of cement. WHAT??? Again makes no sense. The issue with the dirt around the tree, OK my guys should have asked where she wanted it and not put it behind the tree and assume as we never take dirt away. But calling us up and saying dirt is no good for a tree. WHAT??? I offered to come back and rectify the situation but next thing I know , I have an F rating. Then she complained about dirt, killing her moss, which by the way you could barely see making a bid deal for nothing. As you see some people are extremely picky and can never be satisfied. Some companies don't care But I do. We were judge unfairly and harshly. I have almost all A ratings over the passed 5 years. Again we are not perfect and do make mistakes and are willing to work with all of our customers to rectify and to make them happy. Apparently this customer can not be made happy.

06/15/2015

Peter N.

From the beginning, the team was responsive. The turn around time was appropriate, as it was a small job. They followed up quickly and the fence was installed within 4 hours. The workers were friendly, and cleaned up after the job quite well. It was a small job, and it turned out exactly as I was hoping for.

Description of Work
Installed a 4 foot high fence with gate.

Category fencing,driveway gates

Your job was one of the more simpler and smaller installations, but not any less important. It was a pleasure doing business with you and thanks again.