Brad Rose Landscaping Inc

Founded 1972 • With Angi since July 2012

BRL, Inc has been in business for over 40 successful years. Brad Rose and Stephanie Leonard own and operate the company. As a father / daughter team we are unlike others in the industry. We pride ourselves on being approachable, honest professionals that employ hardworking, skilled individuals that strive to bring beauty and excellence to your property at a fair cost. We also do customized property maintenance packages. Give us a call today to schedule your no cost consultation! We look forward to creating a customized landscaping or maintenance package suited just for you! Give us a call or email us today! We are not taking on any new lawn mowing customers. Additional service areas: We will service upon request Schenectady County and beyond....

1st Choice General Contracting

Our mission at 1st Choice General Contracting is simple: to provide high-quality services for our valued customers. We go above and beyond to cater to the specific needs of each customer and project. Contact us today for more information or to schedule a FREE Estimate! Call Us at 518-860-9371 or visit us at www.1st-choicegc.com

Offers by 1st Choice General Contracting on Angi
I Ken Do It Services LLC

Turn on,winterize,install,add on and service any and all type of lawn irrigation/sprinklers,residential and commercial properties.

Eco Quality Landscaping

Eco Quality Landscaping LLC is a fully insured, design and build landscape construction and maintenance company. EQL LLC was established in 2008 and has been proudly serving southern Saratoga county and surrounding communities ever since. At Eco Quality Landscaping we believe no job is complete until our clients are completely satisfied. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.

09/24/2020

Weeding, edging, mulching, shrub removal, new plantings

Description of Work
These guys were FANTASTIC!! Polite, professional, responsive and extremely knowledgeable - REAL PROs in every respect!

Category landscaping,lawn service,mulch

Thank you Mr. [Member Name Removed]. The pleasure was all ours. Enjoy your new landscape! We look forward to working with you again in the future!

10/01/2017

Very well. There were some challenges with large tree roots that we hadn’t anticipated and we had to go to Plan B so that the roots would not, over time, interfere with the new stone wall. They ended up removing a bit more of the existing ground, adding more top soil and lowering the front stone wall and moving it up against the sidewalk. It looks fantastic. We are pleased with their attentiveness...

Description of Work
Landscaping of front lawn, which is small but is a hill. Needed removal of crabapple tree, overgrown plants and old wooden terrace walls. Add new stone walls, re-terrace the hill and add new perennials.

Category landscaping,mulch,tree service,hardscaping

09/10/2017

Stephanie and Kevin spent a lot of time talking with us and walking the property to make sure that what they proposed was exactly what we wanted. Stephanie met with us at the paving stone showroom and carefully explained the pros & cons of the various types of stone. We are glad that we followed Stephanie's recommendations regarding what stones would work and look the best. Stephanie provided a de...

Description of Work
Stephanie and Kevin from Brad Rose designed a unique and creative patio, walkway, fire pit, sitting wall, garden and raised hot tub platform in our backyard. They installed a low voltage LED lighting system and wired in lights on the sitting wall columns. They also installed and compacted a fresh layer of crushed stone on our long driveway.

Category landscaping,hardscaping

Thank you! It was our pleasure working for you and with you throughout the project! We wish you years of making fond memories in your new garden space. Can't wait to talk about the front of the house!! Until then, continue to enjoy and thank you for choosing BRL!

06/13/2017

Brad Rose, his daughter Stephanie and crew did an absolutely fantastic job. They were on time to do the work and spent the whole day getting it done. They did a great job cleaning up and leaving our property better than when they arrived. They are very professional and willing to answer all of your questions and provide fantastic ideas for you to consider when you are designing the job. Stephanie ...

Description of Work
Old landscaping on the left side and left front side of house was taken out and a new landscape layout was installed. Added additional landscape to the front right side of the house, around the light post in the lawn and at the front right corner of the lot. We had an island garden that needed upgrading with trim work, expansion and new mulch.

Category landscaping,mulch

03/10/2017

My wife hired them to move some bushes, and take some rocks away. Some hard landscape duties. I would give Brad an A. I am waiting for the weather to warm up a little big and I have another job for them. I wasn't here, my wife was here. Everything went well. There was a question and Brad wasn't here his workers were here, and they contacted Brad and clarified that quickly. Everything went smooth, ...

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category landscaping,tree service

10/18/2016

We had contacted this company for an estimate in April for a patio installation and Stephanie came promptly and listened to the explanation of our vision. She listened and made suggestions and emailed us a detailed design of the plan. We had our patio installed in July 2016. Our project was started after only one week delay which we understood can happen. The workmen arrived as we expected and was completed within the time frame that we had been told. While we had some concerns about some issues related to "neatness" and care for our property, all issues were addressed promptly and appropriately by Stephanie. Overall, now that it has been several months and we have used this space. We are thrilled with the completed project. Stephanie did a great job with the design, it was actually much better than our initial vision. We have had many people give us positive feedback on the quality of the completed work. We are very happy with the completed work and would recommend this company to anyone.

Description of Work
Hardscape paver patio was installed

Category hardscaper

10/14/2016

It's hard to say if I will use them again, maybe I will.

Description of Work
They did regular lawn maintenance. They cut the lawn and trimmed back the bushes as needed.

Category lawn service

10/04/2016

A++ rating! By the far one of the absolute best company that has ever in our 21 years in this home we have ever done business with! After calling they indicated someone would come out and look at the project and figure an estimate. Kevin arrived exactly when they said he would. Listened to our thoughts, provided booklets with products for us to look at and provided two locations where we could look at the products first hand. We were not sure we could afford to do all projects but wanted to see what each project would costs. No problem! He came on May 5th and on May 9th I received an estimate from Stephanie with the estimate of each project and indicated if all were done they could provide a significant discount if all were done at once since their equipment would be already there which would save us from bringing all the equipment back. There was no hard sell at all. They were willing to do some or all projects. No problems! In the end we decided to do all and we are so glad we did! Stephanie arranged for us to meet with Andy at Zappala Block to look at pavers to help us decide which to choose for our project. Extremely helpful. We made at least four trips and Andy even got some samples of the steps we wanted to use so we could be shire we liked the color etc. Once we decided on what materials to use Stephanie reworked the estimate. It took us until June 16th to decided what we wanted! I swear I have over 25 emails between myself and Stephanie to work out the details. She was absolutely wonderful. No question went unanswered and she helped us make the right decisions. She never made me feel I was bugging her. It was like she was doing her own project. This woman must never sleep! She is unbelievable! Then we signed the contract, were put on their schedule for the first week in August. We provided a check for 50% down, which was not cashed I until a few days before they started the work. After we signed the contract we made a few changes regarding the size of the landscaping stone and added some weed blocker. Again, no problem. Now for the actual work itself! Due to a little rain the week before they started a couple of days after the original date (they had indicated in the original contact this might happen due to weather). We were amazed how quickly and efficiently they worked! They had the old front walkway out in no time. Had it regarded and rowdy to put in these big, extremely heavy steps. It was determined we needed another step so they had to order that which took a couple of days. While they were waiting for that they started on the side walkway with edging and the shed ramp. I had originally wanted edging on the inside and outside of the walkway. Once the walkway and inside edging were done Kevin did not do the outside edging until I saw the progress so far. He suggested not doing the outside edging and once I saw what he had already done I agreed it looked perfect as is. They edged the grass side of the planting section on the outside of the walkway. I had purchased some plants and the guys even planted them for me (not in the contract!). When the old side walkway was dug up a couple of my plants died (not unexpected because they had been there for over 20 years and the roots were under the walkway.) We knew this could happen and as the plants had gotten unruly it was a chance to get new plants. The guys pulls out the old big plants and planted the new ones I had purchased. I had purchased some organic mulch from Hudson Valley Organics and the guys even spread this mulch for us! By the time this was finished received the additional step and finished installing those as well as the pavers we had chosen. In no time this was completed. I asked Kevin if they could put in some edging we bought for our plant areas in front, replace a plant which would be in the stone area, edged the lawn near the stone areas. Again, no problem! The next morning a team of six guys were here to lay the weed locker and spread out the 7 yards on landscaping stone. It looked absolutely gorgeous! The only thing left to do was the overlay on the concrete front porch. This could not be done because the product had broken when shipped so we had to wait for new overlay to arrive. This happened a week and a half later. They finished in a day and then put in the poly sand on the walkway. They needed to settle before this could be done. Once finished Kevin said to stay off it for a day. I had repainted our old blue concrete pots which were empty so I went out and got some mums to put in them to finish off the look out front. Half an hour after, the door bell rings and it is Kevin with two beautiful huge mums for my pots! He decided the pots were empty all summer and they needed plants. Unbelievable! Really how many contractors would even think to do that! Stephanie told me later he never even told her he did that. She was so proud of him! It is a testament to how Brad Rose greats there employees. One of the guys told me this is the best company he has worked for! Goes to show you, treat your workers with respect and it pays off! The guys on the crew were respectful, sweet, answered any questions, asked if there was anything else they could do for us. Absolutely, a bunch of great guys! They really cared about the project! We have told all our friends if they ever need any landscaping done this is the company to hire. We could not be happier and are thrilled with the results. Now that our side to back walkway is done our old steps and patio look terrible! Kevin is going to come out and give us an estimate. Hopefully, we will have a whole new look at back which will match the beautiful front area of our home. To top it off, one day the doorbell ring and it was Emily from Brad Rose with a gift basket of wine, nuts and wine glasses! Truly, over the top! You just can't go wrong by hiring Brad Rose Landscaping. You will be so happy! We have submitted some before and after photos of our project. You can even go to Brad Rose Landscape to look. They have photos on their website as well!

Description of Work
Replaced front and side walkways and shed ramp, paver overlay on old concrete porch, replaced landscaping stones

Category landscaper","mulch delivery service","hardscaper

05/07/2016

Have used this local company 3 times for landscaping, mulch and yard work. Always do a great job.....crew very responsive to requests.....as usual.

Description of Work
Removed grass and added new mulch. Cleanup, trimmed shrubs, and re-mulch of driveway area. General cleanup of house front area. Cobblestones added to the drainage ditch and added a few new shrubs.

Category landscaper","lawn service","mulch delivery service

03/25/2016

We waited to do our review to see how everything held up and I am pleased to say our patio and walkways still look amazing two years later. Throughout the entire process communication was very good. It was clear from the beginning that this company cares very much about making their customers happy. If you do work with this company I am confident that you will be happy, because I do not believe they would leave till you were.

Description of Work
walkway and patio

Category landscaper

Residential & commercial landscaping & design, paver patios, walkways, decorative & retaining walls, seasonal clean-ups, mulch & decorative stone installation, bed & tree edging, shrub & small tree trimming, shrub installation.

Lawn mowing, lawn fertilization & large tree trimming.

American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Check