Milestone Restoration & Roofing Inc

Founded 1999 • With Angi since September 2011

A BBB ACCREDITED COMPANY Milestone Restoration Inc specializes in Masonry Restoration, Brick Pointing, Brick Restoration, Cement stucco ,Flat Roofing Installations & Repair, Slate Roofing Repairs, and work related to Hanging Scaffolding and Pipe Scaffolding Services. With good reputation and over 30 years combined experience, we know how to give homes and businesses that "like-new" appearance while ensuring your Safety. Our basic categories include: brick tuck pointing, brick siding, scaffolding work , natural slate roofs,and flat roofs (our specialty). We don't use sub contractors because we like to monitor and complete all projects ourselves. DCA License #1405707 Exp. 02/28/2023 2014 Angie's List Super Service Award Winner - 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 2018 and 2019 ...

Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated

Scaffolding work

+94 more images

masonry (147)roofing (80)concrete repair (22)house painting (21)chimney repair (19)pressure washing (10)basement waterproofing (10)gutter repair (10)stucco (7)foundation repair (4)skylight installation (4)hardscaping (3)

06/06/2022

Emily H.

We are so fortunate to have made the decision to work with Milestone Restoration on our project. We highly respect Mik and his entire team for the work. Mik was always in communication with us and available for our questions along the way. There were so many positive things -the detail of their work and the pride they put into every part of it are at the top of that list. There were no hidden surprises on costs and the job was completed on time. Mik was a pleasure to work with every step of the way and it's clear why he's so respected in his field. I highly recommend using Milestone Restoration and Roofing for a renovation job. We are absolutely thrilled with the results!

Description of Work
Redo steps, Masonry,

Category concrete repair, masonry, foundation repair

Work Completed On 05/28/2022

09/27/2021

Risa C.

I highly recommend Milestone Restoration. Since a 1920 Brownstone was being restored, it required a mason that was knowledgeable with the care of old bricks. In searching for a mason, Milestone Restoration became the top choice after reading Mik has an engineering background and masonry experience with Brownstones. When Mik came to look at the re-pointing / painting project of the entire 4 story exterior back wall, he knew exactly what needed to be done and the correct mortar for the old bricks. Mik is smart, professional but more importantly responsive whenever I contacted him. I was very happy with the outcome of the 1st project. So much so that I called Mik again to retain Milestone Restoration for two more different masonry projects with the house.

Description of Work
Repointing & Painting of Exterior Wall

Category concrete repair, masonry, stucco, house painters

Work Completed On 09/20/2021

09/20/2021

jian Z.

The service from the Milestone is excellent. Mik is very responsive and the communication with him is always easy. He set a good standard for his crew. I am happy with his crew’s performance. I have booked them to do our next project. Thank you Milestone for your great job!

Description of Work
brick repointing and concrete driveway

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 10/03/2021

06/10/2021

Fred E.

The team was prompt and responsive, completely removed the old mortar and refilled it with new material, and the work was very thorough with no missed spots. They were also very respectful of my family who was still in the house while they did their work, and were always kind when greeting us. Will be hiring again for future projects

Description of Work
Repointing of my home exterior

Work Completed On 06/01/2021

04/14/2021

k K.

Mik came & made suggestions. He gave an estimate on Monday. the job started on Saturday(my request). Border wall taken down & rebuilt in one day! Due to weather he did my steps Tuesday & pressure washed everything on Wednesday. They did a wonderful job, Mik was always stopping by to check on things. Can't say enough about the great job they did! Would definitely hire again!

Description of Work
40+ front steps & border wall

Work Completed On 04/14/2021

Customer satisfaction is our number one priority. Thanks for the good words .

12/08/2020

Paul K.

Milestone did a very good job at repointing (removing the old, crumbling mortar and replacing it with fresh, new waterproof mortar). Mik is very professional and is fair in his pricing. Communication with him was never an issue. His crew are very nice guys who did an excellent job. The finished job did not look like someone fat-fingered the mortar into place. Instead, the mortar lines are straight and clean. I would absolutely hire Milestone again.

Description of Work
Repointing mortar joints (masonry)

Work Completed On 12/10/2020

Thank you customer . It’s our sole responsibility to make the client happy .

11/10/2020

Joseph O.

Mik came quickly to assess what needed to be done as my roof had started to leak. A couple of days later, Mik brought his crew to the building and provided a new roof layer. All went well. The crew was there for two days.

Description of Work
I needed a new Roof layer, as well as work on the chimneys at roof level.

Work Completed On 11/04/2020

10/25/2020

Elizabeth R.

I've had Milestone Restoration do significant waterproofing to my brownstone over the past decade, with some very complicated jobs, and they've been fantastic. Mik is professional, careful, and responsive -- he's also come over to take care of leaks unrelated to his own work - and at no cost. I've been extremely happy with the quality of their work and very highly recommend them!!!

Description of Work
exterior brownstone waterproofing

Category roofing, basement waterproofing, skylights

Work Completed On 10/25/2020

09/24/2020

Arthur W.

This is the second time we have hired Milestone Restoration. Mik is very professional. He came over promptly and gave me a proposal to do the work. We agreed to the price and his team came over 1 week later. They did a great job. Our backyard looks really nice now and the brick wall repair was good. Thank you Mik and your team. Project cost several thousand dollars, but it was worth it.

Description of Work
Needed the bluestone in our backyard reset into concrete. Also needed a small brick wall to be repaired

Work Completed On 09/21/2020

08/12/2019

Paul C.

Mik and his crew lived up to their reputation on Angie's list. A very fair price and dealt with promptly and professionally. will use them again.

Description of Work
Needed an exterior brick wall repaired and resealed following some serious water damage.

Work Completed On 08/12/2019

04/16/2019

Patrick Y.

Owner Mik did exactly as promised, showed up on time, workers are courteous, skilled, neat, an diligent. Good Price and very professional-- All of these combined is a very , very rare thing these days. I won't hesitate to hire again for all my additional work i need, and you should too !!

Description of Work
MAsonry and lintel replacement

Work Completed On 04/14/2019

04/11/2019

Frank S.

Nothing but good things to say about their work and their workers. Job was done on time and on schedule despite some unexpected “issues” with our neighbors, which they handled with the utmost professionalism. They were very responsive to concerns raised during the job and managed to address some small additional tasks that were uncovered and not part of the initial proposal at no additional cost. Needless to say, I am very pleased.

Description of Work
Brick repointing - exterior wall of brownstone

Work Completed On 04/11/2019

11/04/2018

Reza B.

The crew of Milestone worked diligently to complete the work. They delivered professional quality work and were courteous, polite and pleasant to interact with. They always showed up as planned. The work was completed ahead of time. They broom cleaned the areas they had worked in on the last day before heading out. Mik who leads his crew is very open to resolving hidden challenges that come up along the way and offers creative suggestions based on his experience. Following the initial scope of work, facades of the building in the front, back and side, I asked Milestone to come back for additional work on the roof; they completed that scope with the same level of professionalism and timeliness.

Description of Work
Waterproofing the facade, back and sides - Some roof work

Category masonry, house painters

Work Completed On 10/26/2018

08/29/2018

Robert L.

He was able to accommodate me in the time frame that I needed. He was prompt professional and courteous. He did a clean job which was a big concern of mine. After he finished the job I noticed a minor mistake on the roof patch. He came back in a reasonable time frame and finished the job to my satisfaction. I would not hesitate to recommend this company to any friend or family member. Plus I had him paint an exterior wall all for one good price.

Description of Work
(Brick Pointing) I had some water damage due to a storm a Couple of weeks back and water was coming in just above the window line. The solution was to brick point above the window line to the parapet He also patched two sections of the roof where water had accumulated as a future precaution.

Category masonry, roofing

07/27/2018

Tracey A.

I would recommend this contractor. The crew arrived promptly each day between 8 am and 9:00 and finished over the course of one week, with gaps due to weather (the work was done in late March - early April 2018). The crew has very limited English, but Mik was in charge and was readily available and responsive. He generally started the crew off each day. I estimate that the work took just under 90 man hours, with a group ranging from 2 to 5 people, depending on the day. Most importantly, my roof and bricks had been leaking for some time and we have had several severe storms with extremely heavy rainfall since the project was done and we are water tight so far.

Description of Work
Raked and re-pointed front and rear of attached home with Type N mortar; power wash; re-caulked all windows; removal of two window awnings; installed roofing layer on top of existing flat roof; installed capping on apex of front roof; miscellaneous repairs to cement along foundation; roof warranty 10 years for leaks

Category concrete repair, masonry, roofing, pressure washing, foundation repair

Work Completed On 04/05/2018

07/18/2018

Veronica C.

This is to update my previous post after all the work is done. As mentioned before, Mr. Singh is professional. Both my husband and myself are happy with his work. Some photos attached. Due to the weather condition, his team is willing to work on Sunday. I will definitely recommend him to my friends.

Description of Work
New shingle and flat roof in garage, aluminum coating in the roof of the main house, thoroseal the exterior wall, some pointing work and install new pipe to drain water from the roof

Category roofing, house painters

Work Completed On 07/08/2018

Review for Milestone Restoration & Roofing Inc - 94-23 120th Street, Queens, NY - 37248698

03/21/2018

JOHN H.

Mik and his team are capable and responsive. The work was on a century old brick brownstone house, which has been suffering intermittent leaks from the front. Only when the wind is right and the rain is significant. Mik assessed the problem and his crew managed to get to a variety of difficult spots without having to erect a pipe scaffolding, which is a real savings of time and money. As ever with this kind of problem, I can't be sure we've solved it until we get a good test or two courtesy of the weather. But Mik is confident, and stands ready to come back for another round if necessary.

Description of Work
Diagnose water leak (s), repointing & roof work

Category masonry, roofing

Work Completed On 03/08/2018

03/20/2018

Nancy C.

I would recommend this company to family and friends. Mik and his staff were polite and professional. They arrived promptly each day and took pride in their work. We will definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Roofing, brick pointing and iron decks/gates restoration/painting

Category masonry, roofing, house painters

Work Completed On 08/21/2018

10/22/2017

Isaac C.

This review is a long time coming. The delay in writing it is really due to my own distractions, but I've finally gotten around to doing it. Because it was over a year ago, it's difficult for me to remember the exact date the job was started, because I don't really want to look for the contract, but it was in September of 2016. If you want a quick synopsis, I will give that in the beginning of the review, followed by a bit more detail. Mik is a professional and a man of his word that went beyond our initial agreement to make sure that the work was completed in a satisfactory manner, and to leave me completely happy w the work that was completed. The price was not the cheapest, but it also wasn't the most expensive. It was somewhere in the middle, but his reviews helped to tip the scales in his favor, as well as his demeanor, when we met for the estimate. My house was built in 1902. I'm sure by the looks of it, that the layers of paint that was on its facade stretched back just as far. It was an eyesore and I hated coming home to it. My roof was leaking badly and I had spent a few thousand dollars patching it and getting roofers to put new materials over the completely useless old materials. As I said, at $18k it was the cheapest quote, but I got to get the entire job done by one company, that had sterling reviews. The good. The work was done as quickly as possible, with some hold-ups due to weather and issues with the paint removal. Around the windows and the entryway there is some sort of marble, I believe. nobody can tell me exactly what it is, but it is very ornate. Many small crevices that were filled with maybe 100 years of layers of paint. While the brick was handled within the confines of our contract, those decorative pieces did not cooperate. according to our contract it called for only a certain amount of applications of stripper. Mik would have been within his rights to either charge me more, or just leave it as it was. After discussing the state of things, we didn't initially reach an agreement. I walked away disappointed to look into my options, and when I went back outside to talk to him, he had already figured out a way to resolve the issue without any extra cost to me. He is a fair man and was attentive to my needs as a homeowner. The front of the house came out beautiful, and it is now a pleasure for me to come home with this uncovered facade staring back out at me. He was on site often, despite running several jobs simultaneously. The roof was done after the front and it was done quickly and exactly as we had agreed. There was a problem that occured the summer following, where the tar had sealed the roof trap shut, due to the extreme heat. I called him once and he showed up within the week to resolve the issue, without a problem. The bad. Miks initial response to my concerns during the process were not always ideal, but he always ended up doing right by me and the project. His guys were a bit reckless when installing the scaffolding and trampled over a portion of a bush I have in front of my house, and the lamp post. He had the lamp post repaired immediately, after I brought it to his attention and compensated me for the damage to the bush. Conclusion. I was very satisfied with Mik's company and the quality of his work. So much so, I even contracted him to do some work for my mother, and have reached out to him to do some additional work for me as well.

Description of Work
many many layers of paint removed from the front of my house, along w the the entire front repointed. old roof completely pulled up and replaced with insulation.

Category masonry, roofing, pressure washing

Work Completed On 09/12/2016

10/03/2017

Steve W.

great! Mik made a thoughtful assessment of the work that needed to be done, gave a fair price, then followed up on his worker three times during the course of the workday.

Description of Work
repair of exterior basement steps a patch repointing of brick siding.

Category concrete repair, masonry

Work Completed On 10/03/2017

08/31/2017

MARIE L.

The flat roof of our 2 family house was leaking intermittently after multiple attempts to patch it. I called Milestone and Mik returned my call right away, scheduled a visit within days to inspect the roof and provide his proposal. He arranged for a crew of 4 to come the following weekend for 2 days to install new roofing. Because rain was forecast for Sunday of that weekend, Mik sent a larger crew who finished the job in one very long day. They were extremely hard workers and cleaned up everything before they left. It's been 4 months and a number of torrential rains since the work was completed with no leaks. Mik guaranteed his work for 10 years. I would definitely recommend them!

Description of Work
Install rubber roofing on entire roof; seal around chimney, remove existing hatch and install new wooden one.

Category roofing, chimney repair

Work Completed On 04/22/2017

08/27/2017

Jason S.

we are very happy with the work of mik and his men. they were dependable and industrious. the work was done according to schedule and was done well. at the end of the job, there was still a small leak because of an abnormality in our roof and, though it was not due to a defect in milestone's work, mik and his team returned, diagnosed it and found a way to rectify it - for no further charge. he also noticed another repair that had not been included in the original proposal but would have served as an effective guard against future leaks - he made this repair as well with no further charge. they left the property neat and clean - we have already recommended milestone twice to neighbors looking for someone for similar jobs and told them we found the company on angie's list.

Description of Work
sidewalk repair, reset slate flagstones, pointing on a brick house and garage, replace concrete around window wells, repair slate roof leak, install one new gutter, install new window lintels, other miscellaneous painting and concrete work.

Category concrete repair, gutter repair, masonry, roofing, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 07/26/2017