KEN TRAVIS EXCAVATION

With Angi since August 2010

137 Overlook Rd

Poughkeepsie, NY 12603

Excavation, clearing, foundations dug, septic tank install, septic field install, septic repairs,we do not pump septic tanks, any drainage work, rock hammering, demolition, trucking sand, stone, item #4, rock, building rock retaining walls, grading, ponds dig, moving equipment, small, large, gigantic, jobs done, 39 years experience. If you have a problem outside call us. ,...

excavating (12)septic tank service (4)hardscaping (1)stone & gravel (1)lawn & landscaping (1)

01/07/2021

Ken and David did a great job digging a trench under our gravel driveway. It needed to be 70 feet and 24 inches deep for code. We put down conduit pipe, back filled and spread new gravel for finishing. It looks better than before and now we can finally get electric to our detached barn. We plan on doing a few more landscape/excavation projects, and will certainly be calling Ken.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Trench for running electrical to the garage/barn.

CATEGORY excavators,landscaping,pavers, gravel

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/06/2021

10/21/2020

This glib man when initially contacted has a serious problem with professionalism and if he cannot bring along contact info and call a potential client if he cannot keep an appointment and then get angry if I got annoyed at his lack of consideration then there is no way I could trust someone with this temperament to do an expensive job for me. How did he get A ratings?

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed to have an old steel septic tank removed and a new concrete one installed. He did not keep the appointment and got nasty when i asked why he did not call to cancel if he was at another job and I told him that my time is as valuable as his. He yelled and said that I should find somebody else if I could not accept his apology as he did not have my contact info and was working on another job at least 1/2 hour away and it would be too dark to inspect my site anyway. I told him that I could not trust someone who behaved the way he did to do an expensive job and I then terminated the call. How did he get an A rating?

CATEGORY excavators,septic tank

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/21/2020

Sometimes we can make a mistake in this crazy time I’m sorry that I couldn’t make her appointment on time I was heading there when she called but she would not accept that and made sure that I knew I was wrong which I agreed but hopefully she can get her job done and only answer I can give is I tried Also with the new way we live it’s amazing that if we don’t move at the right time or make a mista...

08/20/2020

Ken and his son Dylan did an excellent job. They understood my project and I believe properly priced it. They came when they said they would, did their work within one day and everything turned out great. I had one issue I needed readdressing and they came right out and fixed it. I would definitely hire them again!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Excvating, French drain, shed pad

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/13/2020

06/15/2020

He came to look and said he could do it within the next two weeks. I never heard from him and gave him a call to ask if he was still interested in the job. He said he would was and it would be "next Friday or Monday". It has now been over three weeks and no word from him. He never sent a written quote. I know this is a busy time for him, but if he doesn't want the job say so and I will find someon...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Grating an area at the corner of the house

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/15/2020

[Member Name Removed] is absolutely right we were and are very busy and I do apologize sometimes things just don’t go as planned but not with bad intentions I’m sorry we couldn’t take care of them

05/05/2020

Ken respond to my add as second guy from 4 what I choose from Angies List. First guy said he is too far third said he is too busy fourth never call back. Ken stop by after his shift to take a look at the problem, he explain me game plan for repair with possible cost estimate. Show up next day with crew and did all repair in few hours including trip to plumbing supply store. Cost for whole operatio...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Septic tank pumps replacements

CATEGORY septic tank

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/05/2020

07/03/2019

We were very impressed by the quality of work provided. We would definitely use Ken and his crew for any excavation work in the future. From the initial diagnosis of our problem to the finished job - complete with total cleanup - we were very satisfied customers!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
drywell and septic tank repair

CATEGORY excavators,septic tank

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/03/2019

05/29/2019

Dylan & Ken are a hard working team that can tackle any project, big or small. They are able to look at a job site and give ideas if wanted, and do the job exactly as discussed. We have used Ken Travis and Son multiple times and highly recommend them!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Concrete stair case, grading

CATEGORY excavators,hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/01/2018

Photo for KEN TRAVIS EXCAVATION - 137 Overlook Rd, Poughkeepsie, NY - 37899484

05/22/2019

On time, professional, excellent work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Site excavation

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/22/2019

05/22/2019

Went over the plans of the jobs on initial visit, executed it on a timely manner and on a fair price. Will use again if another job comes up.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Excavation & grading

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/22/2019

05/22/2019

Ken, his son Dylan and crew are hands down the best guys for any job you need done. They love what they do and it shows in their work, They make the work look easy and both of em got you laughing with their personalities! You won't be disappointed in their work or the experience!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Septic replacement

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/12/2018

Ponds, drainage, septic systems, foundation digging, footing and leader drains, repair water in basement from out side, driveways, clearing land, rock hammering, large rock retaining walls, any dirt work you may need.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express