GKontos Inc. Roofing Specialists

Founded 2005 • With Angi since February 2019

104 Noxon Rd Suite 5

Poughkeepsie, NY 12603

Providing asphalt shingles, metal roofing, cedar shake, EPDM rubber, and rolled roofing to the Hudson Valley and Westchester areas for over 14 years. We understand the time and thought that goes into making investments into your home and believe that maintaining a stress free environment for homeowners is one of the key fundamentals of customer satisfaction. Our comprehensive proposals, product samples that you can see and touch, and warranty backed systems paint a clear picture of the entire roofing experience for every client....

12/02/2020

Marisa I.

My husband and I needed to get our fascia board fixed, along with a new roof. We had Brian come out to give us a quote and he was so personal, yet professional, he really gave us a good vibe! Our financial situation has been difficult due to COVID, but Brian and the rest of the GKontos team were extremely patient with us and willing to work with us any way they could! The available financing options they have made it easier for my husband and I to budget out the expenses. The responsiveness and ability to make us feel cared about over the phone and in person, was a huge reason why we decided to go with GKontos for a fascia board (and roof down the line!). We are extremely grateful for the quality of their workmanship, and the quality of every one who works for GKontos. We are very much looking forward to getting our roof done by them in the future. Do not hesitate to go with GKontos. They are worth every penny!!

Description of Work
Fascia Board (Roof in the near future)

Category gutter repair, roofing

Dear [Member Name Removed], We are so glad to hear the positive feed back. It was a pleasure working with you and thank you for taking the time to respond about our work. The GKontos team appreciates your business and are happy we were able to provide you with great service. Thank you again!

11/30/2020

Deborah L.

I wanted to congratulate The GKontos Roofing Specialist Team on the wonderful job they did on our roof. The look of the finished product is great. What I Liked was how friendly, competent and responsible your team was in getting the job done. The cleanup was immaculate and completely done at the end of the day. Your quote was what we paid and you took the time to explain what was needed and why. I have no reservations about recommending GKontos Roofing Specialists to anyone, Have them call me! D. Layug

Description of Work
New Roof Installation

Dear [Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the GKontos team! We appreciate your positive feed back and your business. We take pride in excellent service and really do enjoy providing these services to customers like you. Thanks again, [Member Name Removed].

10/08/2020

Sarah G.

From estimate to completion every person in the company was professional and polite. Communication was fantastic. I can't say enough good things. The workers came and did a wonderful job. They ran into a couple of issues during removal of ny old roof that they communicated with me and quickly adapted to fix and replace. They were also the best quote we recieved. Would absolutely recommend, and already have.

Description of Work
Complete roof replacement; gutters replaced

03/05/2020

Dennis D.

GKontos Roofing Specialists just replaced the 3-tab shingles on my roof with GAF architectural shingles. I could not be more pleased with the quality of the shingles and the work to install them. I also could not be more pleased that the replacement was completed within one day even though it became clear after removing the old shingles that the plywood on my roof needed to be replaced before the new shingles could be applied. After watching the roofing crew work and seeing the finished roof, it was apparent why GKontos Roofing Specialists has earned the GAF Master Elite factory certification. The attention to details was exceptional. Removing shingles is a messy job that creates a lot of debris. To help contain the mess, GKontos Roofing Specialists temporarily hung large tarps from my roof while the old roofing material was removed to help collect the debris. After the tarps were removed, a worker rolled a magnet on wheels over the ground around my house to pick up any stray nails that may have eluded the tarps. When GKontos Roofing Specialists left my property, the only evidence that it had been here was an attractive-looking new roof. I also appreciated the fact that the field and office staffs were extremely knowledgeable and helpful throughout the process of selecting shingles and installing them.

Description of Work
Remove old roof shingles and apply new ones

11/08/2019

Sean B.

Excellent.

Description of Work
Leaking Roof

09/18/2019

Roger T.

To start this review, let me give a little background info. My wife and I closed on a house the 29th of August, our son then was born 2+ weeks early on the 31 of August and we were scrambling to get the house ready and moved into. Lots of painting! While painting, we discovered a major leak in the attic (the ceiling was paper thin) and that lead to emergency water and mold abatement as well as a complete roof replacement since the home inspection missed a pretty big issue in our attic and never went on the roof to properly inspect. I called a couple roofing companies, including Gkontos and was pleasantly surprised to see them go in the attic and inspect as well as on the roof and photographed everything. The other companies merely went on the roof only and then gave me an estimate. I had a quote within 2-3 days and was a little shocked at the amount it was and how much more it was then the other companies I called. However after reviewing the quotes and seeing how this company did there estimate versus the others, it seems like a no brainer and it came with 50 year shingles and a life time warranty. I had the insurance company breathing down my neck to get the roof fixed or they were gonna label my property vacant. I called back regarding the quote (Friday afternoon) and asked how soon they could come. The girl, Katie was so helpful and said they could be out there Tuesday morning first thing. Tuesday came and the crew showed up with tools, material and a dumpster at 0730 and got to work. Alex Popovic was the project manager of the job and I can’t even begin to explain of great he was. He was the first on site and the last to leave. He explained everything that was going on, answered questions and was very attentive to me as the customer, his workers, and the property, ensuring everything was well done and moving smoothly and efficiently. In between managing the job site, he was super helpful with his years of home building, to help answer some other general and specific questions I had I regarding various projects I was working on and planning to do. If he wasn’t so busy, I was willing to hire him on the spot to help GC some other projects I want to do around the house. But he is loyal and committed to Gkontos Roofing. I can’t recommend him and the crew enough and my good friend should be calling them today for another roof estimate and job. Overall, the guys in just over one day, -pulled up the old roof -replaced a ton of plywood -installed eve vents -replaced both chimney caps - installed siding - installed ridge vent -installed flashing -installed new fascia -installed new siding around chimney And some other stuff I can’t remember specifically. Don’t waste your time with anyone else. Call this company for your roofing needs. You won’t be disappointed.

Description of Work
New roof, new Dacia, new plywood, eve vents, ridge vents, siding and chimney work

06/14/2019

Connie W.

The Kontos team was magnificent! I had to change the date a couple of times because of poor scheduling by Tesla solar, but the Kontos team were kind and understanding. On the day the roof was scheduled they arrived, I went to work taking one last look at my poor old roof which made me cringe every time I entered the driveway, and I came home to - MAGNIFICENCE! From the very first gentleman who analyzed our roof to the final bill, Gkontos roofers were exceptional! I highly recommend them! And I LOVE my new roof! They helped me with colors, etc., and it turned out great!

Description of Work
New Roof - with a lot of replacement of basic structure

05/23/2019

Clint M.

Pleasant, fast, super clean.

Description of Work
roofing

04/10/2019

Jennifer S.

GKontos far exceeds expectations GKonton Inc. is a Highly professional and knowledgeable company. George was very attentive and listened and explained all my options. When it came time to replace my roof, his crew proved to be very hard-working, timely and skilled. I could not be happier with my results. Not only does my house look better, I know it is safer and its value has risen. They did an amazing job!

Description of Work
Roof replacement

04/10/2019

Ford S.

George and his team did an incredible job. Went above and beyond any expectations that I had . I have worked with many roofers and it would be extremely challenging to find one more professional or competent the GKontos Roofing. I highly recommend them to anyone

Description of Work
New roof installation on one project and downspouts on another project

04/04/2019

Boni R.

Excellent work, very professional, pleasure to work with, and crew was lovely, neat and organized, got the job done in 1-2-3. Totally enjoyed working with them. Very pleased with the price. very courteous.

Description of Work
Full Roof Replacement service

03/30/2019

John F.

The service was excellent. They did everything and took care of the cleaning. Very professional and the roof was beautiful. i would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
They did a full roof installation.

03/28/2019

Roxanne M.

Great services, Arrived on time, very efficient, They were able to replace the roof before the tornado came through. They started at 7am and finished by 2pm. I would highly recommend.

Description of Work
roofing replacement

C&G repair and cleaning inc

We are a company that offers roofing siding and house cleaning services.Our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime after you see our quality work. As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. Call or message us to schedule an estimate today!

All In One Construction NY, LLC

We work harder and smarter to maintain our A+ Rating by the Better Business Bureau and 5 Star Rating here on Angi and on Google. Special thanks to our Clients here in our beautiful Hudson Valley ! We accept cash, checks, credit cards, Bitcoin and we offer financing with instant online approval. Our on Staff employees are experts and you will be thrilled with our response time, price, service and extended warranty. We only subcontract work where a Licensed Plumber or Electrician is required. Click the red "Request a Quote" button to contact Raymond about your bathroom, basement, roof, addition, new construction or insurance damage repair project. You will get a reply within one hour during business hours seven days a week.

PS | Roofing

PS | Roofing is a licensed general contracting business servicing the Brewster area and beyond. Since opening our doors in 2000, we have provided quality services to help with home improvement and the best in Roofing, Siding, and Window services. Our company places the utmost importance in form, function and design, as well as the balance of superior products and competitive pricing. Contact us for your next project for a free estimate.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing, Check