Fox Air Corp

Founded 2008 • With Angi since April 2009

4.3

2 Tucker Dr

Poughkeepsie, NY 12603

For all of your heating cooling, air conditioning, home heating needs, Fox Air Corp. in Poughkeepsie, NY, serves Dutchess County with Sales and Service for both Residential and Light Commercial Customers HVAC needs. Additional email - info@foxaircorp.com....

07/29/2018

Karen B.

Fox Air installed our AC system five years ago (2013) -- so they were the first company I called recently when the compressor was not working properly and warm air was blowing from our vents. The woman who answered the phone (Tina) was very rude to me -- even though we had bought an expensive system from them and it was only 5 years old. The issue for her was that we didn't have a service contract -- so she had no incentive to prioritize my request. She offered to send a tech in 4 days, which I thought was ridiculous. I maintain meticulous files, so I asked to speak to the people I dealt with when we bought the system -- none of them were still with the company. I mention this, because I noticed that other recent reviewers mentioned that the company has been sold -- so maybe the new owners are not as responsive as the people 5 years ago, and they don't care about those customers. Needless to say, we went with another company to repair our central AC.

Description of Work
Repair to central AC compressor and annual maintenance

01/15/2018

Alex C.

We bought a boiler from Fox Air, they also installed it. The boiler had to be removed and stored while the house underwent construction. Fox Air removed it, stored it, and happily charged us for this removal and storage. Then the company was sold and the new owners are not honoring the commitment to reinstall and warrantee the work and boiler. They want "nothing to do with this thing." Meanwhile, the storage was not done correctly and many of the pats have seized or rusted. Again, this is all while happily taking storage fees. The costs to undo Fox Airs duplicity and fraud are now exceeding 2500$. We used to be incredibly impressed with the honor, integrity, and quality of Fox AIr’s work. No longer.

Description of Work
Boiler installation, storage, and reinstall.

11/01/2017

Jessica L.

FOX AIR CORP RIPPED ME OFF Fox Air Corp guys were at my home last January to do annual cleaning/maintenance, and to replace a faulty pressure relief valve. Here’s a synopsis of how they did: -Failed to diagnose an extremely dangerous and faulty control, despite two indicators of symptoms that were explained up front – this could have caused my boiler to explode and killed someone (Google “boiler explosion”) -Failed to notice multiple holes in the chimney pipe (including one 3”x3/4”), allowing dangerous carbon monoxide fumes to enter my home – this can kill humans and animals -Failed to brush & vacuum the boiler and chimney pipe despite charging me for this on their invoice - FRAUD -Grossly overcharged for all of the above - $250 for the cleaning/maintenance, PLUS $335 for installing a $14 part that should take ten minutes (minus a 15% discount), and they were here only 1.5 hours – total $583 -Failed to perform a proper diagnostic/efficiency test, since the holes in the chimney pipe diluted the results -Failed to mention or fix an efficiency rate that was lower than it should be for our unit -Fostered so little confidence that I had to hire another technician to check Fox Air Corp’s work so we could feel safe in our home The new guy was here for 1.5 hours, exactly the same amount of time as the Fox Air guys. He vacuumed and brushed the boiler and the chimney pipe, since Fox Air failed to do even that. And he replaced the nozzle ($15) at my request for a more efficient one. Yet Fox Air charged me more than FIVE TIMES what this guy did for the same exact amount of time and similar part. Fox Air may be entitled to somewhat higher rates due to their overhead, and sending two guys. But five times higher? That’s ridiculous. Fox Air Corp didn’t even do the work they invoiced and charged me for – and that’s outright FRAUD. I have complained to the owners, Don and Michele Fox, several times. I explained all of the above, and sent them actual proof of their shoddy work in the form of photographs (see pics). They have denied me a refund, and completely ignored my concerns. Don't get screwed by these horrible people like I did.

Description of Work
Annual maintenance, diagnose pipes clanking, steam blowoff

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], We at Fox Air have always taken great pride in our professionalism and technical skills. The safety of every home we enter is our first priority every day.

05/03/2017

Steve S.

Went well took a while but that was to get it right and weather was a factor in a delay.

Description of Work
Replaced an air conditioning unit and installed an attic fan

11/24/2015

Lawrence A.

We're extremely satisfied with the work Fox Air did replacing and upgrading our entire HVAC system (only the existing oil burning furnace was kept). We'd spoken with several other possible service providers, but Fox's representative, Nate Rose, did a much better job than others in helping us understand various benefits and options, and making us feel comfortable with such a big expense. He was always responsive to questions and concerns in a friendly and non-pressuring way. The actual installation began a day late due to delays on a previous job, but Fox then added a second crew to help finish our work without any additional delay. Both crews were always on time and easy to have in our home; we took the dog to work with us to keep her out of their way, but otherwise let the crews come and go as they pleased. They always cleaned up after they left; except for the work itself we would not have known we were a construction site at all. Nate arranged for a carpenter to come and do the necessary structural and sheet rock work to make the installation possible (new access doors had to be created), and the Fox crews seem to have done a great job upgrading insulation and duct work, as promised. Fox also followed up after the installation, sending Nate back to check on any remaining issues, and then a technician to review and fine tune everything; they also included a free service of the furnace. FWIW we're also very happy with the equipment itself. It's been warm so far this winter of course, but the gauge on the oil tank has barely budged, so the Lennox heat pumps Fox sells seem to be working as advertised. The house is comfortable, the new air handlers are much more quiet and efficient than the old ones, and it's amazing to have our home warmed without the furnace running. Of course the price of oil is down for now, but it still feels good to know we're pumping less carbon into the atmosphere than before. Anyway, we couldn't be happier with the whole process. It was expensive, but the Fox quotes were in line with others, and they did a great job from the initial evaluation and proposal through the installation, and then followup afterwards.

Description of Work
Replaced attic & basement air handlers, replaced outside air conditioning condensers with high efficiency air source heat pumps, updated ductwork, insulated attic space, re-structured upstairs wall in order to install new air handler.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing,air duct cleaning

08/13/2015

victor E.

They have been pretty decent.

Description of Work
Heating & A/C. They did an air conditioner check. A boiler check.

12/10/2014

Georgette E.

Quite impressed. Very pleasant, price was competitive, they were good and clean.

Description of Work
Replaced furnace.

11/05/2014

Joanne G.

They came out on a sunday to replace a $40 part and charged $440 for the part plus $400 for the service for 10 mins. I called the next day and they made an adjustment. I believe I may have got a credit for $200. The man was beligerent said he was not going to leave my house unless I signed the bill. I even put that "I protest" next to my name when I signed. I angry that he would not leave after ripping me off.

Description of Work
They did furance cleaning for $195.

10/10/2014

Donald M.

Mike was always on time and worked late. Explained all functions with the unit in a professional manner.

Description of Work
Install xp17 heat pump with CSx40 air handler.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair

08/19/2014

S M.

They are prompt, courteous, and well-trained. They are also competitively priced.

Description of Work
They cleaned out the furnace and A/C and air ducts.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning

JSP Plumbing & Heating, Inc.

At JSP Home Services, their Kingston plumbers and HVAC technicians are dedicated to providing excellent customer service and will get the job done right the first time. They have over 50 years of combined experience helping individuals with matters such as bursting pipes, leaking toilets, backed sewage, broken HVAC systems, and more. They understand that emergencies can happen at any time, which is why they’re available 24/7. The Better Business Bureau gave JSP Home Services an A+ rating, while Home Advisor named them as an “Elite Service.” They can work on any make or model and have an indoor air quality specialist on their team. Call (845) 250-6470 to learn how their Kingston plumbers and technicians can help your home or business.

Aire Serv of the Mid-Hudson Valley

Aire Serv Heating & Air Conditioning can provide many services to keep you and your family comfortable. A few of the products and services we can provide for your heating, cooling and indoor air quality needs are service and repair, system maintenance, Advantage Plan memberships, replacement and installation of equipment, guarantees, air cleaning and purification, duct sealing, and commercial services for your business.

Mr. Rooter of Poughkeepsie

If your overflowing toilet causing your wallet to drain, contact Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Poughkeepsie today. Our highly trained plumbers in Poughkeepsie have the tools and technology to not only accurately diagnose the cause and root of the problem but to create lasting solutions. We understand your time is precious, which is why we work quickly and efficiently. Our team is available 24/7 to handle everything from broken pipes to clogged drains.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Financing Available

Heating and Air conditioning sales & installations.

Duct cleaning.