A1 Roofing

Founded 1981 • With Angi since February 2006

51 Nesconset Hwy

Port Jefferson Station, NY 11776

We are a family owned and operated roofing and siding company serving Long Island since 1981. Our experience provides us with the knowledge and ability to do the most detailed work. With us, you will find no sales gimmicks, no hidden costs and no high-pressure salesmen. Every one of our employees is professionally trained and OSHA compliant. All proposals are given in writing and you will find our prices reasonable and our service extraordinary. Call us today and find out what we can do for you.We are GAF Master Elite Certified, an Owens Corning Preferred contractor, & Tamko Pros. Fully licensed & insured. No deposit required & no money accepted until completion of job. Reasonable prices with high quality work & experienced help. References given with every estimate. Repairs are our specialty. Fifty year material warranties available as well as 25 year labor warranties....

10/21/2020

Audrey M.

Had a new roof installed as well as some repairs. From the sales rep to the great crew and excellent supervisor, the job went perfectly. They were clean, neat and well organized and finished in a timely manner. The office person was a pleasure to deal with also. I highly recommend this company to anyone who wants their roof done.

Description of Work
New roof for house carport and garage

HI [Member Name Removed]! Thank you so much for such a great review! If you ever need anything else, please don't hesitate to call us! Thank you!

02/12/2020

Robert M.

A1 Roofing installed a new roof on our house and we are extremely happy with how the project progressed as well as with the outcome. Several months have now passed since our new roof was installed and since that time we have had several torrential rain storms – our new roof has held up great – absolutely no leaks at all! A1 Roofing was a pleasure to work with – from the initial estimate stage all the way through the final completion of the job. The roof installation was done in one day by a superb work crew who were supervised by an excellent foreman. The job was done in an organized, efficient, and neat manner – no mess! Without any reservations whatsoever, we highly recommend A1 Roofing to all our fellow Long Islanders!

Description of Work
We needed a new roof.

Hi [Member Name Removed], we thank you for your positive feedback & if you ever need anything, we are here! Enjoy your Summer!

04/26/2019

Karen C.

I cannot say enough good things about this company. Excellent communication and extremely professional. We thought the old roof was causing a leak in our den, but after installation, we continued to have a leak. They sent a crew back to my house, spent 4 hours fixing it and didn't charge me a cent, even though the roof was not the issue; it was the siding on the house. I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Installed New Roof

Hi [Member Name Removed], We apologize for the delay, but thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate it!

10/01/2018

Izaak M.

Excellent. I could not be happier with the professionalism and quality of work.I would totally recommend A1 to anyone and everyone.

Description of Work
Roof replacement, chimney removal, ridge vent installation

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your recommendations!

10/01/2018

Jacqueline C.

They no longer do siding but they responded very quickly to let me know.

Description of Work
Siding for our house

Thank you!

06/11/2018

Jack R.

Mike came last week to review what needed to be done and promised an estimate by E Mail the same day. The estimate came as promised a week later then repair crew came on time and completed the process. everything was done professionally

Description of Work
Roof repair

Thanks for taking the time to share about your experience. We appreciate it!

04/07/2018

james P.

The job was done on schedule. It looks great and the work is professional. Definitely would use again and recommend.

Description of Work
Needed a new roof

Thank you for the wonderful review! We appreciate it! It was nice working with you. Have a great summer!

02/07/2018

Robert C.

I have had roof repairs done in the past by A1 Roofing and they were always professional and stood behind their work. It was time for a new roof as we kept losing shingles in storms and this was the original roof. A1 was excellent from start to finish. The sales person, Kevin, was very helpful and answered all of our questions. The office staff were wonderful. The project was scheduled and all work was completed without a hitch. The old roof was torn off and a new roof was installed all in one day, just as promised. This is a very professional company that know their business well. I would recommend them to my friends and had them repair the roof on my mother's house.

Description of Work
I needed a new roof, skylight and gutters.

This is so great to hear! We are very thankful that you thought of A1 Roofing again when it came to having your roof replaced. Your kind words and wonderful review are also much appreciated. Thank you so much for your continued business and recommendations - we are very grateful!!

02/05/2018

Laura M.

This is our second experience with A-1 Roofing, and we are just as happy as we were the last time. We can't say enough about everyone we dealt with from Dennis who did the estimate to Mario and his crew who did the job. Our questions and concerns were always answered, and the completed work is high quality and exactly what we wanted. It is a pleasure doing business with A-1!

Description of Work
We needed to replace two skylights. A-1 replaced one for us last summer and did an outstanding job.

Category roofing, skylights

We are so please to hear that your 2nd experience with us exceeded your expectations. We truly appreciate you choosing to work with us again. Thank you so much for sharing about your experience. You and your husband were wonderful to work with and we look forward to working together again in the future.

02/03/2018

Tim R.

Attempted to get a quote and was told that they don't do siding anymore. So I asked for a quote for roofing only. After 3 weeks I emailed them for an update and they told me they can't help me with the roof either.

Description of Work
Tried to get a quote

Category roofing, siding

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience. We are very surprised to see the F rating, as we had left you a message on your phone as well as followed up with an email regarding your request. Once we received the plans you emailed us ( as you requested for us not go out to the location), we reviewed them. Upon reviewing the plans, we realized this was not a project we would be able to tackle (new construction/full renovation). We felt it was a better fit for a General Contractor as we strictly specialize in roofing. We expressed this to you on your voicemail as well as via email. We apologize for any confusion and wish you the best of luck with you project!

01/08/2018

TERRY H.

Very good. They were very thorough and professional. They stayed until it was dark to get my property as clean as possible. They put my satellite dish back where it was, and a few days later I found out it had to be moved. they came back and re-shingled the area where the satellite dish was.

Description of Work
Entire new roof and sheathing.

Wow! You took great pictures! Thank you for sharing them. We are very grateful for your review and appreciate you choosing to work with our company. Stay warm this winter!

12/03/2017

Jose M.

This is our second time using A-1 for roof repair. The first time the work was smaller but equally a good experience. Mike (salesman) came to the house to assess the damage. Mike was very thorough, immediately went up on the roof and took tons of photos. Because we went through insurance for the repair, Mike advised if there insurance company had any questions, they could reach out to him. After receiving Mike's quote, we agreed to a date for repair not to far in the future. A-1's team came out and we're able to repair both sides of the a-line roof along with smaller patches. They also tapped the siding the same day (originally that was to be possibly be a second trip). We are extremely happy with the outcome of the work provided. The roof is new and matches pretty closely to the remainder of the room roof on the house. I would definitely recommend A-1 for roof repair needs.

Description of Work
I had two trees come down on our roof. One trees broke partially into the roof and broke one if the rafters.

It was wonderful to work with you! We are happy everything worked out with your insurance company. Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience, it is much appreciated! We value your business and are thankful you chose to work with us again!

10/30/2017

Irene G.

They were near. Efficient and reliable . We have recommended them to friends and neighbors

Description of Work
removal of two layers of old roof instLlation of new roof

We appreciate your great review! Thank you very much! Have [Member Information Removed] wonderful fall season.

10/16/2017

Carol B.

They came promptly to access the damage and stapled a folded tarp to cover the hole. They said they would come in a week or so and they came in two days later to fix the roof. Needless to say I was thrilled with the promptness, and the matter was fixed efficiently and professionally. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
I had a small hole in my roof probably caused by a raccoon.

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share about your experience with our company. It was our pleasure to service you "efficiently and professionally". We look forward to working together in the future.

09/19/2017

Laura M.

From start to finish, it was a pleasure to work with this company. They arranged a quick assessment of the problem and offered several solutions at different price points. Prior to the work being done, they were more than willing to answer questions we had. They were willing to schedule the job around our schedules. They took great care when it was necessary to enter our home. They were most professional in all aspects of the job. They are very highly recommended!

Description of Work
We needed to replace a leaking skylight.

Hi [Member Name Removed]. Thank you so much for this great review! We really appreciate your positive feedback. We're thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to working together in the future.

07/31/2017

Maria F.

Everything was professional from the first appointment to the clean up at the end. I was pleased and I have recommended them.

Description of Work
They put on a new roof.

Thank you for your review! It was wonderful to work with you and we appreciate your referrals!

06/14/2017

Robert K.

They were nice, clean, respectful, and did quality work.

Description of Work
Needed new roof, all new plywood, and drilled holes in soffets

Thank you so much for reviewing our company. We appreciate it and value your business. Have a great summer!

06/12/2017

Eileen S.

They did a great job from installation through clean up!

Description of Work
A-1 Roofing put an new roof and replaced two skylights on our house about 18 months ago.

Category roofing, skylights

Thanks for the great review! Have a wonderful summer!

06/05/2017

Bryn C.

A-1, Did a very good job, they cleaned up well and communicated well throughout the whole process.

Description of Work
Replace roof, sunlight.

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience with our company. We appreciate your review and thank you for choosing to work with our company. Have a great summer!

05/18/2017

Robert R.

The team was quick and professional and cleaned up after themselves very well.

Description of Work
Replaced 3 skylights, chimney, and roof.

Category contractors

Thank you very much for your review. It was great to work with you and we look forward to working together in the future. Have a wonderful summer season!

05/10/2017

Marion G.

Kevin, the owner, showed up the next morning after we called. He was very professional and went into the attic to survey the problem. He was very detailed in his explanation of the leak and quoted us a price with no pressure on us. We accepted his offer and excellent price. The next day the problem was fixed. Today he showed up unexpected to check on the fix. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Leaking roof

Thank you very much for taking the time to share about your experience with our company. We appreciate it very much! Kevin is one of our top estimators and John is the owner who founded the company in 1981. We value your business and thank you for choosing to work with our company. Have a wonderful summer season!

05/08/2017

Arthur L.

A1 did a very thorough inspection and came back with a fair price. This included replacement of a sizable percentage of roof sheathing, installation of waterproof coverings, ice & snow shields, new shingles, and new larger gutters. Both the roofing and gutter crews showed up on time. All work was done efficiently with no delay. Clean-up was absolutely complete. The day after the installation, there was a very heavy rainfall....NO LEAKS. My roof hasn't looked this good in years and I couldn't be happier with the results.

Description of Work
My roof was deteriorating and leaking and the gutters were not up to the task. I felt a complete replacement was needed.

Category gutter repair, roofing

We appreciate you taking the time to share about your experience with our company. We're thrilled that you were pleased with our services. It was great to work with you. Thank you!

05/03/2017

Terry C.

It all began with my salesman Michael. He was extremely knowledgeable of the product and was able to address all my inquiries The wait time to get my roof done was 3 ro 4 weeks however when I advised him that I had a leak he squeezed me in earlier on the schedule. The work men did an excellent job with the clean up process..no one could tell I had over 10000 screws in my yard .

Description of Work
New roofing and new gutters.

Category gutter repair, roofing

It was our pleasure to get you into the schedule sooner than anticipated. Thank you for sharing about your experience and for the compliment to Michael. We appreciate your business.

04/24/2017

Michael H.

Excellent!!! Have recommended to all we know if they need roof work!

Description of Work
Roof repair.

Thank you SO much for all of the wonderful recommendations. We appreciate your review tremendously! It was wonderful to work with you.

04/06/2017

Cathy C.

The work took about a day to complete. They gave samples of what they did, guaranteed the work and real professional all the way around.

Description of Work
Replaced the roof.

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience We value your business very much and appreciate your review.