Aire Serv of the Mid-Hudson Valley

Founded 2008 • With Angi since June 2011

Aire Serv Heating & Air Conditioning can provide many services to keep you and your family comfortable. A few of the products and services we can provide for your heating, cooling and indoor air quality needs are service and repair, system maintenance, Advantage Plan memberships, replacement and installation of equipment, guarantees, air cleaning and purification, duct sealing, and commercial services for your business....

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered

A Service Provider's profile image

+2 more images

HVAC Companies (97)air duct cleaning (5)heating oil company (4)

07/07/2022

Bradd K.

Quickly redid the poor wiring and was able to diagnose an additional problem with the old thermostat to get it all working at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
AC hasn’t been used for about 10 years

Work Completed On 07/07/2022

06/17/2020

Martin R.

Perfect, as tech stated was necessary.

Description of Work
Replace leaking AC drain line.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 06/17/2020

10/15/2018

Douglas R.

They're somewhat expensive but they stand by their work.

Description of Work
Heating & A/C maintenance for the past couple years.

Work Completed On 07/15/2018

05/01/2018

Al T.

Well after waiting for an appointment 1 hour before start time on a Saturday he called to change time to later. I explained that I had plans so he then came 1 hour late and lectured me that other people have bigger problems. Then he finds that he could not recharge my unit and had to go to the store to get some recharge fluid. Finally done I paid him and as I was in a rush noticed later there was a large charge to join his express service group.All this is that I get priority for service I did not want nor asked for.After looking on the his website there was no info on this alleged benefit.After he left the unit did not perform or cool the house. I called another HVAC provider the following week they recharged the unit and it worked well to this day.

Description of Work
Central Air charging

Work Completed On 08/12/2017

08/26/2017

michael C.

Dave determined that I had blown fuses serving the unit preventing power from reaching the new motor. A quick adjustment by Dave and the system was up and cooling again. Aire serv came in a very timely fashion and were willing to work with me regardless of the outcome.Everything is fine now thanks to Dave S.

Description of Work
Troubleshooting my central A/C unit. i had changed the fan motor on my unit as was correctly diagnosed on the initial service call from Aire serv. A second problem existed on my electrical system and once again Dave S. to the rescue.

Work Completed On 08/26/2017

08/20/2017

michael C.

I called on a Sunday afternoon, thinking I wouldn't get any response. Within two hours, a technician had arrived. Very impressed. Checked my unit and provided me with options. No pressure which is what I like. I got the answer I needed. I am happy with the service provided.

Description of Work
Diagnostic issue on central AC unit.

Work Completed On 08/20/2017

06/22/2017

Steve L.

I trusted this company, and they failed me by doing a lousy and sloppy job. I will never hire ‘Aire Serv of the Mid Hudson Valley’ again because they lost my trust. I paid a little more than $600 for Aire Serv to replace the rusted and leaking drain pan, and later found that one of caps on the AC unit was missing. The unit was also freezing and covered by ice.

Description of Work
The drain pan of one of my AC units was rusted and leaking, and I chose Aire Serv to do the work even though Aire Serv’s quote is $200 more expensive than others’ quotes, because I was looking for quality work and a reliable professional to do the job.

Work Completed On 06/18/2017

Review for Aire Serv of the Mid-Hudson Valley - ., Pleasant Valley, NY - 35307501

06/19/2017

Mary D.

I was very pleased with AireServ. Jim did a thorough inspection and made an excellent recommendation. His quote was reasonable. The work was done in a timely, professional manner. His workers were clean and polite and they left no mess. The system works beautifully. I would high recommend AireServ.

Description of Work
Replacement of an old A/C system including condenser and air handler. The old system was built into a poorly accessible attic and was challenging to replace.

Work Completed On 06/07/2017

04/26/2017

Joan B.

There are a couple of issues that I have to take care of

Description of Work
Check & clean oil furnace.

Category heating oil companies

Work Completed On 04/20/2017

02/02/2017

Lee S.

Excellent. Everything went smoothly from appointment set up to the service itself and billing to third address. The technician explained the system and what he was doing. He was friendly and polite. We would hire again without hesitation. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Heating system 22 point inspection and tune-up.

Work Completed On 02/02/2017

12/23/2016

Naseer S.

The call was answered quickly by a call service and even though I called after 5pm they said they'd definitely be able to send someone out tonight. The gentleman called shortly after and showed up within an hour. He diagnosed the problem within 5 minutes and pulled the estimated price on his iPad. He had the replacement part in his van and was able to complete the repair in about 20 minutes. Paid easily with credit card and everything was over with time left over to put the kids to bed. Outstanding!

Description of Work
Replaced condensation pump attached to the gas furnace

Cost $3,750.09

Work Completed On 12/23/2016

12/13/2016

Helmut K.

Aire Serv was very quick to respond and I was able to get same day service for my heating system. They professionally performed all the repairs including a thorough general service call. There were many issues and they resolved them all. The service cost was reasonable considering the amount of work they performed. I would recommend them and will be using them for regular maintenance service in the future.

Description of Work
I had been lax in having service done to my oil burner hydronic heating system and as such had many issues with it including one that prevented it from currently working. I usually do some of this work myself but do to lack of time the problems got to be more than I wanted to handle. When the system finally failed completely I needed to get quick service. I had used Aire Serv for a previous A/C cooling issue and liked their work they performed at that time.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, heating oil companies

Work Completed On 11/11/2016

09/19/2016

Kenneth P.

Professionally as expected. All work was completely performed satisfactorily.

Description of Work
AC recharge

Work Completed On 07/15/2016

03/06/2016

Meghan K.

It went extremely well. Jim managed to find a loose adjuster screw that was allowing air into the oil line. It had been shutting off randomly and now after the maintenance visit it's working perfectly. The price below reflects a maintenance call and yearly cleaning.

Description of Work
Cleaned and repaired our furnace.

Work Completed On 02/27/2016

I'm glad to hear everything is working well. If there is anything else we can do let us know.

01/16/2016

Victoria J.

We had the pleasure of having Jim and Tom address our furnace issue. We needed to replace our complete furnace which was filling our home with smoke and made sitting in our living room, dining room an impossibility for almost all of last year?s winter. Jim came to our home listened to our needs/wants, assessed the situation and provided a clear strategy including addressing the potential of redirecting the vent due to our old chimney which is non functioning but could have also contributed to the smoke leaking into the living room. Jim was professional and very knowledgeable. Air-serv (Jim and Tom) are the real deal when it comes to integrity and professionalism. Our furnace was replaced with appropriate equipment which worked beautifully. We noticed a couple days in that a couple of or radiators (we have 22 radiators in total) were not heating up completely. We contacted Jim and he immediately scheduled an appointment to check it out. Tom assessed the issue and discussed the possible causes and solutions. a final appointment was made to fix the problem. Tom came out again and dealt with the issue whIch turned out to be valve/old pipe related at no additional cost to us. We now have a great working furnace, the house gets heated quickly and our oil usage has decreased as well. We can?t say enough about the service we received from Air-serve. We will be setting up our annual maintence agreement with them as well. Very highly recommended.

Description of Work
Complete replacement of oil fired boiler, reinstall flu pipe in chimney base.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, heating oil companies

Work Completed On 10/23/2015

01/04/2016

Abdul K A.

Aire Serv team came on time as scheduled. They began removing existing boiler, hot water tank and concrete blocks. They worked diligently to install the new boiler and indirect hot water heater. All was done and cleaned by the end of the day. Jim and his team came few days later to add additional support to the hot water tank, remove the old solar hot heater, its pump unit and pipes. Overall, we are very happy and thankful to Jim and his team on a very well done job.

Description of Work
1. Install a gas-fired heating system with Dunkirk DWB wall-hung high-efficiency 85% AFUE boiler with indirect hot water tank. 2. Remove existing boiler and hot water tank 3. Remove old solar hot water tank, pipes and pump unit 4. Remove concrete blocks that hold existing boiler and hot water tank

Work Completed On 12/19/2015

11/07/2015

Diane A.

They did a great job. They're terrific. They were very fast, courteous and efficient. They're very affordable. They did great service. They're very personable.

Description of Work
They put in a new furnace for us.

Work Completed On 10/22/2015

07/31/2015

Charles W.

He was friendly and professional though pricey.

Description of Work
He replaced the capacitor on the compressor

Work Completed On 07/30/2015

03/14/2015

ROBERTA F.

A very friendly and work focused air conditioning specialist came and spend much time cleaning and inspecting the wiring, filters, etc. He showed me where mice had eaten the wires on the outside unit and told me, had I used the unit before the inspection, those chewed wires would have damaged the whole air conditioner. All would have needed replacement. So, without question, I am very pleased that he came and did such a thorough job.

Description of Work
Air conditioner tune up

Work Completed On 04/01/2014

12/29/2014

Janet D.

Aire Serv was able to come right away to check and replace an old gas furnace that was spewing carbon monoxide into the house. They were prompt, courteous and fixed what easily could have turned into a deadly situation. Everything was left neat and orderly after they were done. For the amount of work they did, I think I got very good value for my money and I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone in need of their services.

Description of Work
Diagnosed and replaced faulty gas furnace. Installed thermostats, new control panel, carbon detectors, damper. Cleaned ducts, repaired humidifier.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 12/05/2014

09/18/2014

Stephen G.

If you had an oil burner, it was $125, I found out. He said it was in the fine print, but I didn't see it. He said it wasn’t his idea to put it in fine print, but that seems deceitful. I was disappointed and didn’t use him again.

Description of Work
I bought a Big Deal for tune-up. It was supposed to be $49.

Work Completed On 09/09/2014

Hi [removed member name], We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time to review our services. All customer feedback is important to us. We acknowledge your concern and are currently working with our Angie’s List representative to take corrective action to change their policy regarding the formatting of the Big Deal offers for the very reasons you mentioned. Please reach out to our office at 845-256-6138 and ask for Jim if we can be of further assistance.

08/18/2014

ROBERT M.

My a/c leak was fixed by another but I would call them again.

Description of Work
I had a a/c leakage in my furnace room on a Sunday night, I was concerned. Steve was the first to call back. He was willing to come the next day but we couldn't nail down a specific time, very short notice on my part and his schedule was full. I ended up going with somebody else just because they guaranteed a time. I certainly would call him again, hopefully not under such dire circumstances with a leak that made a heck of a mess.

Work Completed On 08/03/2014