Kreis Construction

Founded 1957 • With Angi since December 2006

306 Center Rd

Pennellville, NY 13132

Family ran since 1957. Fully insured, quality workmanship.

12/16/2015

Nancy W.

Description of Work
Excellent in every way! |(See our comments on line. We have referred him to two of our friends who have had their kitchens remodeled by him, and they are very, very happy, too!

09/04/2015

Joanne B.

Description of Work
They pointed out that I did not need a particular service and that it would be a waste of money. I offered to pay for a service call and it was refused as the owner said they didn't do anything, even though he spent time talking with me and made a call to an arborist to discuss the situation. I was very pleased with the courtesy, promptness and candidness and would recommend their services.

Category decks, roofing, doors

10/08/2014

jim M.

Description of Work
did not return my call.

06/18/2014

Donald C.

Outstanding in all ways. He, personally is pleasant and professional. His crew were gentleman and all got along. The work was done in a timely manner and the price was fair. He responded to all our input and made some very positive suggestions. Class act all the way.

Description of Work
Tore down and reconstructed a large deck

Category decks, remodeling

05/25/2014

Nancy W.

We couldn't be more pleased with the project... start to finish! We interviewed five contractors because we knew this was going to be a huge job, and we wanted it done right. Mike Kreis was easy to talk to, listened to what we wanted done, and was someone we thought we could work with. He was prompt in getting his estimate to us, and we received a letter from his insurance company within a few days in answer to our questions regarding insurance, etc. He gave us a date when he could start the project, called to let us know what time he and his crew would be there, and always came when they said they would. They worked efficiently, and cleaned-up any debris before leaving each day, hung a covering over the doorway to keep the dust to a minimum, and removed any construction materials from the yard each day. Mike asked me for the names and numbers of the places where we purchased our cabinets, countertops, appliances, flooring, fixtures, tiles, etc. and coordinated all the deliveries when he required them. He took care of everything; it was the easiest, smoothest remodeling I could have asked for! Mike's son, Tyler, one of the two men who worked on our kitchen, is a master of detail! We had a trim placed all around our cabinets with some very tedious cuts, and every one is just beautifully done. My brother, who does cabinetry work, checked it over closely and was amazed at the craftsmanship. Thank you, Tyler! The other crewmember, Jared, was so helpful when I had to try to coordinate things like colors and was always helping, going over and above what you would expect. Really...even our dog missed him when they were done! One of my concerns was being without a kitchen for a long time. Mike told us the date he was going to start and how long it was going to take... and IT DID!!! He wasn't and quot;fitting inand quot; other jobs, making our time without our kitchen even longer. Also, Mike was completely up front and honest with his quote; there were no hidden charges or add-ons that we hadn't discussed in advance. Many days, I was out of the house and felt perfectly comfortable and safe leaving this trustworthy crew in our home. It is our very great pleasure to recommend Kreis Construction. And, we have already asked Mike to come back and give us quote on our basement! (I took pictures each day of our kitchen remodel and would be proud to share them with you.)

Description of Work
Complete demolition of old (1946) kitchen and new construction, including electrical, plumbing, new ceiling, insulation, sheetrock, installation of cabinets, lighting, flooring, backsplash tile, paint. Floor support from basement.

Category home remodeling

05/16/2014

Shelley M.

That was the last I heard from him. I waited about 2 weeks, then left 3 messages on 3 separate occasions. Never got one call back - not even to say he didn't want to give us an estimate. I thought that was extremely unprofessional.

Description of Work
I called Mike for an estimate on a large home remodeling project. He quickly called back and made an appointment for later that week. He was even willing to come in the evening to accommodate my husband's work schedule. He took all of our paperwork, looked around the house, and asked us to give him a few weeks to work up a price.

04/21/2014

Donald C.

Category garage doors, roofing, siding, home builders

09/26/2013

Marilyn A.

He came when he said he would, did the job well and was pleasant and easy to reach by phone. What more could anyone ask? Marilyn

Description of Work
He installed a fire door between my garage and my house

Category garage doors, remodeling, roofing, siding, home builders, home remodeling, doors, sunrooms

02/10/2013

Sharon R.

After years of bad experiences with contractors it was great to find Mike Kries. he is very honest and conscientious, he returned my phone calls and answered my questions. The guys did a very nice job, were very polite and helpful.

Description of Work
jan 2013 - remodel kitchen/tile floor/ repair water damage & paint summer 2012 - replace roof

Category remodeling, roofing, home remodeling

07/11/2012

Elizabeth S.

The repairs and roof have held up beautifully during some demanding upstate NY winters. Very professional and honest. Very conscientious about doing the job right.

Description of Work
Kreis Construction did a repair on part of my home roof, and re-roofed my detached garage.

09/15/2011

Penny D.

I have to honestly say, I WAS SHOCKED! This is THE VERY FIRST EVER Construction Crew that ACTUALLY showed up WHEN HE SAID HE WOULD! I never experienced that before! Mike (the owner) ASKED if he and his crew could go to lunch! I was again IN SHOCK! NEVER IN MY LIFE has a construction worker EVER asked me PERMISSION to go to lunch! To boot........they came BACK from lunch! (in UNDER 1 HOUR!) There was NO FOUL LANGUAGE, NO SMOKING, NO DRINKING........AGAIN I WAS IN COMPLETE SHOCK!! My experience with Mike Kreis and Kreis Construction was OUTSTANDING! YOU WILL NEVER GET BETTER THAN HIM! AWESOME, HONEST MAN! I like that!

Description of Work
I had a 5 foot sliding glass door that needed to come out and be replaced with a 6 foot French Patio Door. Kreis Construction did the job. They needed to extend the wall opening by a foot, move our back stairs and railing, remove some of our vinyl siding, and put it all back together again, and weather seal the new door. Oh, and they also installed our new door knob, and deadbolt....AND hauled the OLD Patio sliding glass door and debris away!

Category remodeling, doors

10/05/2010

Kathleen W.

Mike Kreis is an intelligent and thoughtful contractor who understood where to look for the details to finish the job when he gave my estimate. The quality of his work is excellent and the price was fair. I will be calling him soon for an estimate to replace all the windows in my home as well. There was one issue, however. Mike gave me a loose estimate to start the job around the first or second week of June but was unable to begin until five weeks later. I had difficulty getting in touch with him to get a firm start date during that time. All said, though, his work was worth waiting for.

Description of Work
Replaced Entry Door with structural repair to Sill / Rim. Also new entry walkway (pavers).

Category contractors, doors

09/28/2007

jackie J.

Very well, work started with in 5 days of start date. Work was very neat and clean. The men were very professional and the workmanship was excellent.

Description of Work
Installed new vinyl siding, windows and a deck.

Category decks, siding, replacement windows

12/24/2006

LAWRENCE W.

The work started on schedule and completed on promised date, high quality of workmanship, there was no unexpected charges or surprises. They cleaned up the site after the project was completed. The company owner and workmen were very personable and professional, I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Constructed a 6'x18' covered front porch.

Category decks